Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for nullability

Real Name nullability   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 7108578
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 17, 2009, 21:44
Total Comments 101 (Novice)
User ID 55033

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM?
20. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM? Oct 8, 2011, 13:54 nullability

I think it means someone pirating the game means the publisher doesn't need to pay for bandwidth, retail space, or server costs. Using pirate release groups saves everyone money!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fixed ATI RAGE Driver
10. Re: Fixed ATI RAGE Driver Oct 4, 2011, 19:42 nullability

What a bunch of clowns. Thanks for ruining my launch day experience, AMD!  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Über Update Thursday, Free Play This Week
6. Re: Team Fortress 2 Über Update Thursday, Free Play This Week Jun 21, 2011, 13:03 nullability

The free week alone is enough to entice new players to install Steam, then the ridiculous sale price that they will undoubtedly have afterwards will get those newly minted TF2 players to store their credit card/paypal details in Steam so they can easily buy HATS.

Remember, Steam is primarily a system for the sale and distribution of virtual headwear.

News Comments > Portal 2 Store
38. Re: Portal 2 Store Apr 19, 2011, 20:28 nullability

Note that you get a few hats from playing TF2 (including the potato helmet, fancy fedora, mann co. cap, king tavish crown, and a few others). You will also unlock gestures and flags from completing co-op achievements, so you do not need to purchase anything to use the customization system.  

News Comments > IGDA's Amazon Appstore Open Letter
12. Re: IGDA's Amazon Appstore Open Letter Apr 14, 2011, 16:44 nullability

Since when are content producers complaining about their products being sold by Walmart? Sounds like a sweet deal to me. Amazon probably knows a thing or two about pricing, and it seems to me that developers chronically overvalue their products, especially independent developers.

Amazon tried to do this before with Kindle books, trying to keep most books at the $9.99 price range, but publishers complained and now they can set their own prices. The result? You'll frequently see Kindle books that cost more than the paperback would. I think publishers (and developers) would be wise to let Amazon do what they do best: retail.

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
37. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 12, 2011, 17:37 nullability

"PC packaged goods market"? Well, there's your problem. Thinking about software as a "packaged good" makes less sense now than ever before. When will publishers stop trying to shoehorn what is essentially a public good into a business model designed for private goods? It's impossible to prevent software piracy, and trying to force a non-excludable good to be excludable via DRM only inconveniences your customers. It's hard to continue to care about the plight of software publishers when they are so reluctant to pursue new business models.  

News Comments > Civilization V Map Packs
9. Re: Civilization V Map Packs Dec 1, 2010, 15:19 nullability

For a game with a map editor, I was expecting something a bit more than map packs when they promised DLC... How about a new tileset? Call it nuclear wastelad and you can re-enact the battle between Caesar and the New California Republic.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory Nov 23, 2010, 03:11 nullability

I've spent over 3 hours on the game tonight and it's a lot of fun! There is enough unique dialogue that it is not too repetitive, and it is all well-written and true to the characters' personae. For example, Penny Arcade fans will enjoy the numerous obscure references to the comic (such as Tycho ogling the pot and commenting that it could "buy a lot of giraffe time" (ahem)).

I don't normally like poker, and am still learning how to play texas hold 'em, but just watching the characters banter and interact makes this well worth the $5. The TF2 items are just icing on this sweet, sweet cake of a game.

News Comments > Poker Night at the Inventory Monday
1. Re: Poker Night at the Inventory Monday Nov 19, 2010, 12:03 nullability

Do you think they'll have additional characters available as DLC later on?  

News Comments > Back to the Future Facebook Game
3. Re: Back to the Future Facebook Game Nov 15, 2010, 18:18 nullability

Thanks.

Wow, it's just a match-3 flash game with a Back to the Future theme. Oh well, I'll still play it.

News Comments > Back to the Future Facebook Game
1. Re: Back to the Future Facebook Game Nov 15, 2010, 18:05 nullability

So... anyone have a link to the Facebook game? I can't find any mention of it on backtothefuturegame.com or telltalegames.com...  

News Comments > Steam Sale Runs out of Risen Keys
20. Re: Steam Sale Runs out of Risen Keys Nov 15, 2010, 15:45 nullability

I don't think Steam ever generates keys unless they're Valve games. My understanding is that Steam is just given a list of keys by the publisher, and when they run out, they need to get more. The same thing happened with F.E.A.R. and Prey a while ago, too. Apparently they usually have enough that running out of "stock" isn't a big enough concern to add the necessary billing logic.  

News Comments > Retailers Versus Steam?
45. Re: Retailers Versus Steam? Nov 11, 2010, 13:15 nullability

Ban Steam from retail? Go for it, but it won't change Steam's superior prices, service, and delivery.

Didn't D2D already make a fuss over this when MW2 came out, and nobody cared?

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Ships 5 Million
11. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Ships 5 Million Nov 8, 2010, 14:33 nullability

wrlwnd wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 14:03:
Unfortunate so many gamers accept a low level of quality when it comes to bugs these days.

Yes, the game is complex. And yes bugs are to be expected. But not at this level.

Even the New York Times has typos.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patched
17. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 21, 2010, 01:22 nullability

I've got an 8800GTS, latest driver, no problems. I don't think the issues are specific to NVIDIA or ATI cards.  

News Comments > The Ball Pre-Purchases
4. Re: The Ball Pre-Purchases Oct 18, 2010, 18:56 nullability

Just bought it, and have been playing KF with my new skin. My guy looks great wielding a crossbow!  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch Plans, Trial Extended
5. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch Plans, Trial Extended Oct 17, 2010, 14:39 nullability

Star Wars Galaxies is still around. If it wasn't for the Star Wars name, that game would be gone long ago. So a big name can buoy a game indefinitely, despite the general cluelessness of its developers.  

News Comments > Gearbox to Valve & MS: "Play Nice"
53. Re: Gearbox to Valve & MS: Oct 11, 2010, 01:24 nullability

Yes, exclusivity is never a good deal for the end users, but it often enables a quicker development cycle if the developers are able to use third-party multiplayer libraries like Valve's Steamworks. It's a tradeoff. If the developer is dumb/lazy enough to accept this tradeoff then that is their problem. It only hurts their product, not the industry.

And this is coming from Gearbox? I have little respect left for Gearbox at this point. After their totally broken PC multiplayer in Borderlands, it's clear they do not understand PC games. Maybe if they had used Steamworks to handle their multiplayer, Borderlands multiplayer would have been playable.

News Comments > LIVE Activity
3. Re: LIVE Activity Sep 30, 2010, 17:58 nullability

That would be a mistake for Fallout 3. GFWL isn't required to play (only if you want the achivements) and you'd be missing out on all the amazing community mods.  

News Comments > Doctor Who: The Adventure Games Available Worldwide
13. Re: Doctor Who: The Adventure Games Available Worldwide Jul 24, 2010, 17:55 nullability

Normally I hate Direct2Drive, but at that price...  

101 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo