Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Selektaa

Real Name Selektaa   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Selektaa
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 13, 2009, 13:18
Total Comments 56 (Suspect)
User ID 55029

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge Announced
7. Re: Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge Announced Mar 12, 2010, 00:38 Selektaa

Count me in  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age II In February 2011?
10. Re: Dragon Age 2 In February 2011? Mar 12, 2010, 00:37 Selektaa

Even if its mid 2011, I'll be waiting. There's a certain story thread left at the end of the first game I'm interested to see resolved.  

News Comments > Monkey Island 2 Remake Plans?
5. Re: Monkey Island 2 Remake Plans? Mar 7, 2010, 15:42 Selektaa

Yeah, I remember not liking the second one as much as the first, but I was a lot younger, and I had enough fun with the last revamp I'd probably check this out.  

News Comments > No PC DeathSpank?
13. Re: No PC DeathSpank? Mar 4, 2010, 17:59 Selektaa

The recent Monkey Island games were by Telltale, this is by Hothead. I can see where you could mix those up, but no relation here. Ron Gilbert didn't work on the MI Adventure games either, as far as I know.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 23, 2010, 23:49 Selektaa

Destructoid reads like Maxim made a gaming site. Not bad if that's your thing, and I probably would like it quite a bit if I was 15, but god damn, is that site dumb.

Edit: Referring to the Xbox 360 girlfriend link

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Keys on eBay
1. Re: StarCraft II Beta Keys on eBay Feb 21, 2010, 12:51 Selektaa

Someone needs to point these buyers to the massive pile of AAA games that have come out in the last 4 months. The game will be out this year, I'm fine with waiting.  

News Comments > Switzerland Mulls Violent Game Ban
7. Re: Switzerland Mulls Violent Game Ban Feb 19, 2010, 19:42 Selektaa

I don't know if that's really true. Have you actually asked any of these people if they drive with both feet? Personally, aside from a race track, I don't know ANYONE who drives with their left foot for anything but the clutch. It's possible, sure, but I think it's more likely that these people just aren't paying attention and have no concept of engine braking.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Make-A-Wish Donation
15. Re: Blizzard's Make-A-Wish Donation Feb 17, 2010, 23:03 Selektaa

kxmode wrote on Feb 17, 2010, 18:42:
Your deluding yourself if you believe companies aren't in the business to make a profit.

I don't think he's saying that at all. He's saying that good PR is the tool that Make a Wish has to encourage businesses to donate. Corps then donate, receive the good PR, and it's somewhat of a win-win. Not altruistic by any means, but like he said, at least some good comes of it.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Underway
15. Re: StarCraft II Beta Underway Feb 17, 2010, 22:51 Selektaa

kxmode wrote on Feb 17, 2010, 20:22:
OMG! I got a beta invite!

"StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ Beta Test Invitation"

Congrats! Be sure to report back in a few days with your impressions!

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator Alien Trailer
10. Re: Aliens vs Predator Alien Trailer Feb 11, 2010, 20:09 Selektaa

Blue, I'm afraid your age gate is broken. I put in my real, honest to god birthday of 1/1/1900, and it said invalid! I AM 110, I swear!  

News Comments > PC Return to Ostagar for Dragon Age Released
16. Re: PC Return to Ostagar for Dragon Age Released Jan 30, 2010, 23:58 Selektaa

I'll most likely skip this DLC, but I am looking forward to the expansion, though I'll probably wait until it drops to $20 somewhere. $40 is pretty steep.  

News Comments > Last Word on BioShock 2 DRM, For Now
4. Re: Last Word on BioShock 2 DRM, For Now Jan 22, 2010, 22:55 Selektaa

So does this mean the bit about having to log into GFWL to save your game is out? That was one of the most annoying restrictions I've ever heard of.  

News Comments > Avatar Game: What Went Wrong
42. Re: Avatar Game: What Went Wrong Jan 17, 2010, 10:35 Selektaa

GEICO, I'm not sure what you're so uptight about. Ray and his friends liked the movie. My friends and I liked the movie. I liked it enough I'm probably going to go see it again today. You asked in the first place if anyone here liked it, and then proceed to jump down people's throats because they said all their friends liked it, not 8 out every 10 friends. If you're curious about the movie, go see the damn thing. Recommendations from people who share a lot of your interests can sometimes be more valuable than professional recommendations targeted at the general population. And really, most of the reviewers aren't saying it's a bad movie. If you limit yourself to movies only getting 90% plus on RT, you're going to miss out on a lot.  

News Comments > BioWare on ME2 Day 1 DLC, New Trailer
8. Re: BioWare on ME2 Day 1 DLC, New Trailer Jan 17, 2010, 02:34 Selektaa

Sounds like a pretty good strategy to me. Since the devs don't see any money at all from used game sales, why not deliver a small "fuck you" to people that buy it used? The second owner can still get 98% of the game the first owner got, and since the dev sees 0% of the money the second owner paid in, seems like a fair tactic to me.

If it's anything like Dragon Age, though, it's really worth it to buy the game new. I couldn't imagine playing through DA without Shale. He's a ridiculously good tank, and entertaining to boot. I've tried tanking with Alistair, and it's not nearly as effective, or even entertaining as Shale, who will badmouth humans for hours on end

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2010, 02:35.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 28, 2009, 20:26 Selektaa

I couldn't get past Prey's death system. The whole 'go to the spirit world and come back just where you were' completely defanged any threats. I much preferred Modern Warfare's intensity, even if it sometimes felt like an arcade shooting gallery.  

News Comments > PAX East Early Bird Tix, Boston Showcase
1. Re: PAX East Early Bird Tix, Boston Showcase Dec 22, 2009, 07:52 Selektaa

I am so looking forward to this. I've been wanting to go to PAX for a couple years now, but Seattle is a loooooong way from VA. Boston is still far enough to probably make me fly, but it's much more doable.  

News Comments > Take-Two Selling Jack of All Games
1. Re: Take-Two Selling Jack of All Games Dec 22, 2009, 07:49 Selektaa

Classy, Blue!  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2009, 19:39 Selektaa

I don't know if it's really a sale so much as a price reduction, but Torchlight is now $10 on Steam, down from $20. I downloaded it, and I'm having fun with it. Not really blowing my mind yet, but I can already tell I'll easily get my money's worth from this one.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Blowout
4. Re: StarCraft II Blowout Nov 19, 2009, 23:38 Selektaa

I'd like to see a few more 1vs1 games or 2vs2 would be nice also.

Same here, I've really been enjoying the Battle Reports.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Trailer
1. Re: BioShock 2 Trailer Nov 2, 2009, 21:21 Selektaa

It really wasn't much of a dilemma in the first game, as you didn't get that much more Adam from the Sisters, and if you didn't harvest any you'd get those gifts every now and then that would basically make up for anything you didn't get earlier.

It's much more along the lines of "do you want to be a dick or not, it'll work out fine for you either way" that's too typical of video game "dilemmas."

56 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo