Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Selektaa

Real Name Selektaa   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Selektaa
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 13, 2009, 13:18
Total Comments 56 (Suspect)
User ID 55029

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer
25. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 30, 2012, 10:06 Selektaa

Ooh, I didn't realise it would be before the game release. Nice. No sign of it yet, even after a restart. Did you pre-order early?

You have to go to the Civ V page in the Store, and from there you can click on Play Now, and it will be added to your Library.

Downloading now...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes
9. Re: Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes Jun 7, 2012, 00:08 Selektaa

I think they know that finding loot is one of the fun parts of the game. The auction house feels a bit like cheating, really, and it doesn't have any of that "jackpot" feeling that finding a new item that perfectly fills the gap in your equipment. I've used it when I start hitting a wall in higher difficulties, but I wish it were more organic. Too much of a "just buy it from the AH" attitude will cause a lot of people to quit early, because what's really the point of playing? Blizzard may be opportunistic, but they're not dumb.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes
2. Re: Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes Jun 6, 2012, 21:42 Selektaa

What are you looking for, exactly? Seems like they're concentrating on balance changes with higher drop rates for high level gear and trying to lessen reliance on the auction house, which IMO is a good thing. I haven't had any real beefs with the interface as of yet.  

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
31. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 23:44 Selektaa

I just got booted off, error 3000-something, then got error 37 trying to reconnect. It's a really fun game, especially in co-op with friends, but I hope they get this ironed out quickly  

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns
15. Re: Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns Mar 22, 2012, 19:59 Selektaa

IIRC it was "A" for Autopilot. I'm downloading this now, really interested to see how it turns out  

News Comments > Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips
7. Re: Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips Feb 9, 2012, 22:05 Selektaa

Wow. I wasn't sure what I expected but yeah, that makes a very noticeable improvement. Maybe some models could look a bit "plasticy" in that, but just watching the YouTube video, that seems way preferable to smearing the whole monitor with Vasoline  

News Comments > GLaDOS Invading Defense Grid Next Week
1. Re: GLaDOS Invading Defense Grid Next Week Dec 3, 2011, 13:05 Selektaa

Is this just for the 360 version, or the PC as well? I don't see this in the DLC section at Steam yet.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Early?
34. Re: Portal 2 Early? Apr 13, 2011, 07:51 Selektaa

Agrajag wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 06:39:
Jerykk wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 00:00:
Wouldn't it be better for your friends to buy it on PC? That way, everyone can play the best version of the game.

Some of us don't have Windows PCs (or Macs), or rigs beefy enough to be suitable for gaming on... Unless Valve is also going to surprise anounce Linux steam and Portal 2, my only viable choice for playing is Xbox360... (Even then, I'm not sure my old Linux PC would be up to the challenge of handling a modern game like that, anyway... Its main use is as a workstation; I write Linux/Unix code for a living...)

Yeah, his PC is old and decrepit. I think the last PC gaming he did was Civ IV. Not Civ V, Civ IV. I'll just suck it up and use a damn controller.

24. Re: Portal 2 Early? Apr 12, 2011, 22:25 Selektaa

Well, shit. Guess I'm buying this on the 360, then  

21. Re: Portal 2 Early? Apr 12, 2011, 21:52 Selektaa

I feel like I'd heard a while back that the Portal 2 co-op would allow PC users to play with Xbox 360 users, since the gameplay was entirely cooperative and you wouldn't have the problem of the mouse/keyboard competitive advantage. Was I just smoking some particularly good stuff that night, or is that true? I wonder because my main friend I want to play coop with only has a 360. I'd rather play on PC, but this definitely influences my decision.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 19, 2011, 20:21 Selektaa

That was a great article on the Berkeley Overmind. They used some straightforward but robust methods for determining which units to attack, and made great use of the pc's ability to micro far beyond even the top level human players. I can just imagine mutas that could scatter to avoid area affect damage and were constantly dancing in and out of attack range would be absolute hell to beat.  

News Comments > Activision Recommends Bizarre Closure
29. Re: Activision Recommends Bizarre Closure Jan 19, 2011, 11:35 Selektaa

I'm a salaried software engineer and I get straight time pay for hours I put in over 40. Once my base pay reaches a certain level the overtime goes away, but currently I get paid overtime (just straight time, not time and a half).  

News Comments > StarCraft II Manual Patch
8. Re: StarCraft II Manual Patch Sep 25, 2010, 09:55 Selektaa

Luke wrote on Sep 25, 2010, 07:43:
so so if it aint the master of getting personal(lol you can't spell lol lol , well it seems to me you can read it so i guess it is not that bad) because you have nothing else to say , well gz to you i do know i dislike your lovely game (you may be the biggest fanboy ) who is the lowest you think , the one saying nay , or the one who only can get personal when some1 dishes a fanboys game

Have you been taking lessons from westy over at Videosift? The angry retard trolling style really rings a bell. Really, what's anyone supposed to say to refute your comment that Starcraft II is shit? We can't objectively prove you wrong (you're wrong, btw) and you're obviously just trolling.

News Comments > Portal 2 Surprise Planned
39. Re: Portal 2 Surprise Planned Jun 3, 2010, 08:02 Selektaa

Kajetan wrote on Jun 2, 2010, 12:10:
The Pyro wrote on Jun 2, 2010, 10:54:
That's why you're supposed to kill the Hunters *before* launching a ball at a Stalker
Which is good strategy for the first two attack waves, but the third one has way too many hunters and striders for my liking. Wasted too much time killing them (and aquiring new mines from the last undestroyed mine dispenser), the last surviving strider every time walked unharmed to the main base. But console commands can solve that mission design problem easily

I saved a lot of time with the hunters by just running them over with the buggy. Instant kill if you can get them on the first pass. Also, fallen logs scattered around made for great projectiles from the gravity gun for another instant kill.

News Comments > Portal 2 Surprise Planned
30. Re: Portal 2 Surprise Planned Jun 2, 2010, 07:44 Selektaa

I never finsihed ep2, and really don't care to.

You missed out then. The big fight against the walkers at the end was flat out amazing. Tearing around a wide-open forest level in a buggy trying to fend off attacks at different locations while the Combine just wrecked whatever they came across felt epic. Easily one of the best set pieces of the entire HL series.

News Comments > StarCraft II in July
59. Re: StarCraft II in July May 6, 2010, 21:23 Selektaa

LOL yeah, no way in hell spawn copies will still fly in 2010. I still can't wait, I don't care how many "no LAN- $60 price point- 1/3 a game" lines the usual suspects throw out in despair, this game is going to fucking rock!  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty CE & Pricing
54. Re: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty CE & Pricing Apr 8, 2010, 17:53 Selektaa

Forget the Koreans, this game will sell because Blizzard games have world class polish and gameplay balance, and they have a basically unblemished track record. As far as I'm concerned, they haven't made a bad game yet. I'm more than happy to pay $60 for this, just like I did for Warcraft III. You guys have fun being jaded, I can't wait to get my hands on this.  

News Comments > PAX 2010 Preregistration
1. Re: PAX 2010 Preregistration Apr 2, 2010, 23:09 Selektaa

I had an absolute blast at PAX East last weekend. This is a great con, and any game enthusiast worth his salt should go check one of these out. Next year PAX East is slated to be at a conference center twice as big, which should really help with the lines, but yeah, this is basically Woodstock for gamers. Be there.  

News Comments > Breach Breach
13. Re: Breach Breach Mar 31, 2010, 03:42 Selektaa

I actually saw this kid being arrested and put in a police car outside PAX East and was wondering what he had done. Stealing source code for a game was nowhere near my short list of possible crimes.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: What does Modern Warfare 2 look like when played on six monitors? Mar 29, 2010, 07:48 Selektaa

I had an opportunity to mess around with some of this at PAX East this last weekend, and yeah, the bezels are a problem. 3x1 is pretty sweet, but 3x2 puts that horizontal bezel right in the center of vision, and I think does more harm than good. The most impressive use of this I saw was a demo of Need for Speed: Shift that used 3 projectors to give an ultra wide, seamless picture. To top that off, it was running in 3d. The cockpit view was really impressive in 3d. The steering wheel was obviously closer than the dash, and the scenery through the windshield was obviously further away. Not perfect yet, but getting pretty damn cool.  

56 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo