Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jim
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 26, 2009, 18:30
Total Comments 54 (Suspect)
User ID 54997

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request
26. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 01:04 Jim

Really? There are like about 3000 threads in the gearbox forums on this topic. Guess they all were ignored for #2, like they were for #1, I suppose.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon?
35. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 13:55 Jim

now to see if any of the multitude of requested minor changes (for borderlands) make it into borderlands 2.

last time around they assured us they would be listening to the community. That resulted in DLC and level cap changes but none of the most requested features.

also interesting to see is if they will keep the game console sucky for the PC.

News Comments > Standalone Gothic 4 Expansion Next Month
3. Re: Standalone Gothic 4 Expansion Next Month Feb 14, 2011, 19:37 Jim

10 hours? So they are adding the deleted sections back to the game and charging for a new one? I guess the cost of "dlc" would not make them enough money? I am not impressed. They should just give the franchise back to piranha bytes who can make a true open world game.  

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
136. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 13, 2011, 02:31 Jim

damn, PC gamers leaked another game. Killzone 3. Bastards. Oh wait you say, killzone is a console exclusive? How can that be?  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Feb 13, 2011, 00:08 Jim

what does this cliffski guy do in his blogs aside from whine? grows tiresome, and yeah, next time I won't bother clicking the link.  

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
109. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 13, 2011, 00:05 Jim

hey look, somebody robbed the bank! oh! the guards left the vault door open? oh, it must be the asshole customers fault that actually go and do business with the bank. lets blame them.

thanks and screw you guys.

News Comments > NecroVisioN Multiplayer Support Ending
4. Re: NecroVisioN Multiplayer Support Ending Jan 30, 2011, 00:29 Jim

ya, really wish they had put the multiplayer levels in the single player campaign  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
11. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Jan 13, 2011, 12:13 Jim

darn it, every time I read about one of these patches it makes me want to reinstall the game. but the queue is so long....  

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs
16. Re: Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs Jan 7, 2011, 11:08 Jim

i'll wait a year and a half, pick up the gold edition which includes all the upcoming DLCs and expansions and signature content for one low price. I love the games but hate their business model which rapes the most loyal customers.  

News Comments > Christmas Safety Dance
1. Re: Christmas Safety Dance Dec 26, 2010, 03:46 Jim

Returnil? free software? never heard of them. complaints posted about the codes also.  

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle on Steam
4. Re: Humble Indie Bundle on Steam Dec 9, 2010, 16:59 Jim

steam does not give out free copies of games you already have, unless whatever you are activating explicitly states that it will.

if you like your friend, buy him a copy. the devs will thank you.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Preorders & Augmented Edition
6. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Preorders & Augmented Edition Nov 30, 2010, 21:46 Jim

excellent, more steam hate. guess I won't be preordering.  

News Comments > EA on Mirror's Edge
24. Re: EA on Mirror's Edge Nov 30, 2010, 14:40 Jim

Mirrors edge was mostly fine. it brought a lot of the 2D arcade jumping concepts to 3D, and some of the moves are obscure and frustrating. The shift to a weapon fps added some more confusion.

I think the execution needed some refinement. I also found the MP challenges to be interesting but abandoned them once I saw the leaderboards were nothing but cheats and hacks.

The game did not need MP. It needed a solid and well executed SP. Think Assassins Creed but with solid colors in a futuristic setting.

But now everything has to work in either a squad setting or a pvp setting. I think that is unfortunate since the execution for a lot of these modes is lacking. I'd much rater see the time and money spent in making the SP game better rather than having MP modes nobody will ever play.

News Comments > CD Projekt vs Piracy
7. Re: CD Projekt vs Piracy Nov 22, 2010, 22:46 Jim

I can imagine.
Preorder game.
Game releases.
GOG servers are down due to everybody downloading.
Torrent the game.
Receive letter....

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 17, 2010, 11:07 Jim

oh yeah, I am ready for vegas after reading that poker tutorial, wonder how much money I will come home with....  

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Still Possible
8. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Still Possible Nov 16, 2010, 12:15 Jim

Eh, they should put it up for preorder on steam to get the extra cash they need. Brink did this 6 months before their release date. I think a lot of people would go for this if the developer is open and honest about their needs and the "risk" involved.

In fact I think that would be an interesting development model where you could cut out the funding normally done by the publisher and instead shift to funding by gamers. Of course as with any "risk" gamers should receive a "reward" if the game is massively popular.

Gabe, I am taking to you....

News Comments > Alien Breed 3: Descent Next Week & Alien Breed Patches
3. Re: Alien Breed 3: Descent Next Week & Alien Breed Patches Nov 13, 2010, 17:51 Jim

So I guess the DLC model did not work well for them. Take DLC, integrate it into the game and re-release it as a new game for the same price. Way to go. This must be a sign of things to come.  

News Comments > Retailers Versus Steam?
50. Re: Retailers Versus Steam? Nov 11, 2010, 13:51 Jim

Nxs wrote on Nov 11, 2010, 12:59:
bhcompy wrote on Nov 11, 2010, 12:57:
Well, you are entitled to your opinion. I just really hate steam.
I long for the days when I could buy a game, plug in the CD code, install, and play. BF: 1942 is a great example of that.

Never have and never will buy a game that requires steam.
oh yeah, plug in the cd code, look for the cd, hope that it isn't scratched, look at the waiting screen while it does a disk check... those days won't be missed.

News Comments > Free Chaos Parachute for Just Cause 2
6. Re: Free Chaos Parachute for Just Cause 2 Nov 11, 2010, 13:44 Jim

DLC in this game is useless. example is weapons, which are enhanced versions of the guns available in the game. the problem? there is no way to get ammo for them aside from repurchasing from black market.  

News Comments > Relic on GFWL and Steamworks
10. Re: Relic on GFWL and Steamworks Nov 4, 2010, 11:53 Jim

"fantastic partners" = $$money$$  

54 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo