Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Chris Maugh

Real Name Chris Maugh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bcanceldirt
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 20, 2009, 11:46
Total Comments 72 (Suspect)
User ID 54984

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Christina Hendricks in Need for Speed: The Run
15. Re: Christina Hendricks in Need for Speed: The Run Oct 18, 2011, 01:12 bcanceldirt

It still blows my mind that she married the 'snozzberries taste like snozzberries' stoner from Super Troopers...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
75. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 22:52 bcanceldirt

I'm playing the game ridiculously slowly. What do you guys recommend for boss battles for the ghost hacker? I'd prefer just to carry the one weapon + tranq.

About halfway through my third playthrough (picked a good time to get sick and be stuck at home). I had nothing but a pistol and tranq rifle my first time through, and the boss fights were atrociously tedious (especially the second one). It kind of sucks having to play so out-of-character just for the bosses, but there's not much other way that I've found. Keep four or five remote explosives, frag mines, and/or grenades in your inventory and spam the hell out of them. Better to just get past the weakest part of the game and get back to the sneaky goodness

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer
1. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 20:59 bcanceldirt

Holy mother of God. Fuck.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 Screenshots, Details
21. Re: Serious Sam 3 Screenshots, Details Feb 28, 2011, 17:39 bcanceldirt

Oh, man... Serious difficulty level, drink if you die, a shot if it's from friendly fire, and finish your beer if it's by a headless suicide bomber.

Those might be the best LAN nights of my life. They were certainly the shortest.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Alien Hallway
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Alien Hallway Dec 15, 2010, 20:32 bcanceldirt

the_culture wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 11:08:
Alien Hallway is now available

Followed by the eagerly anticipated Alien Closet!

Doom 3 came out YEARS ago, my friend.

News Comments > Cargasm Announced
9. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 8, 2010, 20:21 bcanceldirt

I'm absolutely stunned that it's 2010, and lovegasm.com wasn't already in use.  

News Comments > Contagion Revealed
1. Re: Contagion Revealed Aug 7, 2010, 16:41 bcanceldirt

Please tell me I just saw a zombie pug.

Please.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 24, 2010, 01:24 bcanceldirt

I remember picking up their first mouse a long time ago. I swear it was called the 'boomslang' or something like that. It got me access to an early demo for the original Soldier of Fortune, which I recall being a big selling point for me.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 29
6. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 29 Jun 30, 2010, 16:57 bcanceldirt

I remember a small blurb about in an old PC Gamer talking about Dreamland Chronicles. According to Wikipedia, it was initially being done by the same company that did the original. It looks like it ended up getting canned, remade by a different company, and eventually renamed into UFO: Aftermath.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dreamland_Chronicles:_Freedom_Ridge

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Interview
2. Re: Dead Space 2 Interview May 14, 2010, 02:55 bcanceldirt

Amnesia = survival horror. Pre-order it, please, and support an actual survival horror game.

http://www.amnesiagame.com/

Hadn't heard of this, just watched the trailer.

Jesus, SHIT do those guys know how to make a creepy fucking game.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 The Passing Next Week
4. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 The Passing Next Week Apr 16, 2010, 22:55 bcanceldirt

Last I heard it was going to introduce the four original characters into the new game. As far as interoperability, though I remember them saying once they would do it, I kinda doubt it now. That was quite a while ago.

I thought they fairly recently said that it does have a scenario for the original.

EDIT: No, I guess there's going to be a separate DLC coming out for the original L4D after this one.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/03/22/left-4-dead-dlc-spoilers-bring-out-the-dead/

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 This Fall
10. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 This Fall Apr 8, 2010, 21:34 bcanceldirt

When some long-haired, 5-foot-tall pale girl grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and she looks you crooked in the eye and she asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yes ma'am, the check is in the mail."  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2010, 00:51 bcanceldirt

Best picture is obviously Black Dynamite.

Pretty much, this.

"First lady, I'm sorry I pimp slapped you into that china cabinet."

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2010, 23:34 bcanceldirt

Blue, do we really need a professor that we are going to constantly be worried about murdering the entire cast in a psychopathic rage?

Edit: Scratch that - put Walken in as the Mr. Howell and let David Lynch direct. You might be on to something.

News Comments > Primal Carnage Announced
1. Re: Primal Carnage Announced Feb 6, 2010, 00:21 bcanceldirt

Still waiting for the game that lets me play as a T-Rex and fly an F-14...  

News Comments > Just Cause 2 "Freedom and Chaos" Trailer
6. Re: Just Cause 2 Feb 6, 2010, 00:16 bcanceldirt

I think I just decided to buy this game based solely on 0:37-0:40 alone.  

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Demo This Week, New Trailers
10. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Demo This Week, New Trailers Feb 2, 2010, 23:57 bcanceldirt

Awesome. Can't wait.

Dedicated servers?

Last I heard, they're in.

News Comments > AvP Videos
4. Re: AvP Videos Jan 29, 2010, 00:36 bcanceldirt

Yes, if you want to improve the voice acting, just go play through AvP Gold and then watch the videos.  

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Multiplayer Modes
6. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Multiplayer Modes Jan 28, 2010, 13:50 bcanceldirt

The Alien movement is also quite slow.....

I've wanted them to slow the Aliens down since the first AvP. If you watch the movies, there's never any scenes of them moving super fast. Even in Alien 3, the convicts are able to nearly outrun one while sprinting. I've always felt like their attacks should be mostly based on short range ambushes - breaking out of vents, pipes, and whatnot. In the first AvP, the Alien was on so much goddamn crack that even the motion tracker was practically useless. It'd beep once and then the damn thing would have covered 25 meters by the time it's next pulse went out and it would be right on top of you. I know the ridiculous speed is there to try and balance out its lack of ranged attacks, but good level design, with a ton of hiding and ambush spots, would be a much better solution than running at Mach 1 or having a spam-friendly long range pounce.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Add-on Announced
20. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Add-on Dec 14, 2009, 16:37 bcanceldirt

They really need to bring the L4D maps up to date and playable in L4D2 gameplay/items/infected, etc. Offer them free to owners of L4D or charge $5-$10 as standalone DLC.

Valve definitely needs to do something to integrate the first game with the sequel. As it stands, having to divide their DLC efforts between the two games is going to be nothing but detrimental to the lifespan of both games (not that I can really see them continuing to release more content for L4D). I would love to see the original four fully worked into future DLC for L4D2, but it seems like it would be a massive amount of work to incorporate the dialogue and interactions between eight survivors.

72 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo