Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 931 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
11. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 8, 2014, 16:43 Beelzebud

So they buy 3D Realms for Duke Nukem, even though Gearbox now owns it, and their next move is Blood, even though that also has nothing to do with 3D Realms.

I'm not sure I see where their business logic is coming from.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
58. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 15:09 Beelzebud

D3D? Mantle? Screw both. OpenGL does it all and isn't controlled by MS or AMD.  

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
8. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 13:27 Beelzebud

Gabe is great, and I love Valve, but let's get real here.

Gabe stood on Alcatraz island at an AMD launch event saying that Half Life 2 was ready to ship, and that it would be bundled with all new AMD cards. 48 hours later he had to admit the game was still at least a year away, and people got cd-key cards instead of a game.

Given his track record, I can see why he keeps quiet about HL3. When he has something to show, we'll all know it.

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
22. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 3, 2014, 22:41 Beelzebud

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 19:11:
Maybe they could just license id's netcode from Bethesda since apparently they can't seen to get this right. Epic's netcode might be alright too, but not from the original Unreal...

Given that id's recent netcode was a peer 2 peer system with no servers at all, I'll pass.

News Comments > Interceptor Entertainment Acquires Apogee /3D Realms
26. Re: Interceptor Entertainment Acquires Apogee Software/3D Realms Mar 3, 2014, 02:56 Beelzebud

There may have been a few games of that caliber back then, but Duke wasn't one of them. Everything was riding on DNF coming out and kicking ass.... In 1999.  

14. Re: Interceptor Entertainment Acquires Apogee Software/3D Realms Mar 2, 2014, 16:51 Beelzebud

No he was totally full of it. He got roundly ridiculed for saying it at the time.  

12. Re: Interceptor Entertainment Acquires Apogee Software/3D Realms Mar 2, 2014, 16:37 Beelzebud

I can still recall Scott Miller bragging on planetcrap (showing my age) that the Duke franchise was worth at least a half a billion dollars. I guess hubris can't actually inflate the price of something.  

News Comments > THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch
4. Re: THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch Feb 23, 2014, 14:03 Beelzebud

Mantle: AMD's answer to 3dfx GLide.  

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
21. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 14:02 Beelzebud

This is going to be like watching two drunk idiots beat each other up at a bar, when you don't give a shit what the outcome is.  

News Comments > Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded
13. Re: Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded Feb 21, 2014, 15:13 Beelzebud

I'm glad they'll be able to fund it. I don't think this is quite the game for me, but a lot of people seem to like it, so that is great.

For me my eye is on Spacebase DF-9. A few more features and I'm buying it.

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
57. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 14:59 Beelzebud

I had fun with the demo. (Let's stop calling these beta tests shall we?)

It reminded me of the type of fun I used to have in Unreal Tournament games. I went ahead and pre-ordered it from g2a.com for 45.00. To me I think it will be worth that.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode Two Next Month
4. Re: BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode Two Next Month Feb 5, 2014, 15:10 Beelzebud

I got the season pass for this during the winter sale on steam for 5 dollars. I plan on playing them back to back once the 2nd comes out.  

News Comments > ReRoll ReVealed
9. Re: ReRoll ReVealed Feb 4, 2014, 16:31 Beelzebud

A 1:1 model of earth made by a 2 guys with crowd funded money, and an army of drones?

Yeah the crowd funding model has jumped the shark. These guys are literally promising the world.

News Comments > Nadella New MS CEO; Gates Out as Chairman
11. Re: Nadella New MS CEO; Gates Out as Chairman Feb 4, 2014, 14:01 Beelzebud

What MS needs is to allow the nerds to take over the company once again, and let the MBAs go run toilet paper companies.  

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders
11. Re: Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders Feb 3, 2014, 14:42 Beelzebud

I was surprised when I read that they're using Valve's Source engine for this.  

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Adds Mantle Support
17. Re: AMD Catalyst Beta Adds Mantle Support Feb 3, 2014, 01:41 Beelzebud

Finally AMD has an answer to 3dfx.  

News Comments > EA Class Action Suit Plans
8. Re: EA Class Action Suit Plans Feb 1, 2014, 16:40 Beelzebud

So the shareholders force them to push out games to meet quarterly expectations, and then sue when things don't turn out quite right? Screw them!  

News Comments > John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk
6. Re: John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk Jan 31, 2014, 13:57 Beelzebud

Frankly I don't see the point to QuakeCon. There are no new Quake games, Quake Live recently had Mac and Linux support dropped, and Carmack isn't even with id anymore.

What is the point?

News Comments > QuakeCon 2014 in July
7. Re: QuakeCon 2014 in July Jan 30, 2014, 23:42 Beelzebud

They'll give Carmack a denial on his request, and Todd Howard will spend 3 hours talking about how to successfully advertise and hype your product.  

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
34. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 15:03 Beelzebud

So essentially they even learned the wrong lessons from all of this, because they still refuse to accept that the reason the game was so massively flawed was because it was not finished! It was rushed out for x-mas, and to beat CoD out the door.  

931 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo