Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 914 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk
6. Re: John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk Jan 31, 2014, 13:57 Beelzebud

Frankly I don't see the point to QuakeCon. There are no new Quake games, Quake Live recently had Mac and Linux support dropped, and Carmack isn't even with id anymore.

What is the point?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > QuakeCon 2014 in July
7. Re: QuakeCon 2014 in July Jan 30, 2014, 23:42 Beelzebud

They'll give Carmack a denial on his request, and Todd Howard will spend 3 hours talking about how to successfully advertise and hype your product.  

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
34. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 15:03 Beelzebud

So essentially they even learned the wrong lessons from all of this, because they still refuse to accept that the reason the game was so massively flawed was because it was not finished! It was rushed out for x-mas, and to beat CoD out the door.  

News Comments > Leaked Source 2 Screenshot?
18. Re: Leaked Source 2 Screenshot? Jan 28, 2014, 04:00 Beelzebud

Yeah if you play Ep2, Portal 2, and even L4D2, and compare it to Lost Coast there is a massive difference. Lost Coast is so old it was actually a showcase for HDR lighting and some shader effects.  

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Next Month?
24. Re: Titanfall Beta Next Month? Jan 27, 2014, 18:08 Beelzebud

After the fiasco that was/is Battlefield 4, I'll be waiting at least a month after release to see how this one turns out.  

News Comments > MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson
24. Re: MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson Jan 27, 2014, 15:56 Beelzebud

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 15:25:
Are any of the original Epic devs still there anyway? Who cares what they do.

IMO they haven't done anything special since they stopped their working arrangement with Digital Extremes. Most of the classic maps from the Unreal games were done by DE.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
30. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 27, 2014, 15:43 Beelzebud

And see the partisans are back to playing their tit-for-tat game, while ignoring that these policies are only in place because of people like them carrying water for each side as if this were some sporting event.  

News Comments > MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson
15. Re: MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson Jan 27, 2014, 13:57 Beelzebud

I envision a day when Epic releases a true Unreal sequel that features the Na Pali, and not one steroid abusing Dude-Bro.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
19. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2014, 21:47 Beelzebud

The longer I observe politics the clearer I see that Republicans and Democratic partisans are the biggest hypocrites on the face of the earth.

This shit all got passed after 9/11 with bipartisan support. None of this stuff is new, we've known about it for a decade.

The mainstream Democrats are hypocrites because they now embrace all of these things that they used to attack the Bush administration for.

The mainstream Republicans are hypocrites because they thought these policies were fine as long as they were in charge of them, and now act like Obama got all of this stuff passed single handed, and in secret.

The truth is that when people were saying "9/11 changed everything." after those attacks, this is exactly what they were talking about. The time to stand against this sort of thing was in 2002, but back then most mainstream Partisans were calling anyone who questioned it "anti-American".

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 24, 2014, 14:00 Beelzebud

People love to take shots at MS but I'd like to see an example of an OS that Apple "cared" about for 12 years. FFS Unix systems don't even get that kind of "care" from the vendors.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2014, 23:38 Beelzebud

Linux users "completely disable" "permission"? I'm not sure what you mean, but if you're trying to say that most Linux users run as root to avoid typing in passwords, you don't know many Linux users.  

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Deathwatch
21. Re: Into the Black Jan 17, 2014, 22:55 Beelzebud

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 22:27:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 21:44:
Since when does you failing to back up save files qualify something as DRM? That happens with games from GOG, too... Too bad they weren't using Steam Cloud. :p

He's probably referring to GFWL's notorious ability to eat save files. Happened to me as well on Arkham Asylum and Bioshock 2.

Yep, that right there is why I hated GFWL. I remember having the issue on Gears of War and being told by Epic it was because I was playing a pirated copy.. (I wasn't.) Then they had the nerve to wonder why PC gamers hated GoW.

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Deathwatch
20. Re: Into the Black Jan 17, 2014, 22:53 Beelzebud

It's too bad Bethesda decided to go the cheap route for Fallout 3. They didn't move anything over to Steam. So the achievements are just gone.  

News Comments > Valve Not Making Retail VR Headsets
5. Re: Valve Not Making Retail VR Headsets Jan 17, 2014, 13:35 Beelzebud

Valve confuses people because people are used to seeing companies that operate purely for quarterly profits to make shareholders happy.

People aren't used to seeing what it looks like when you build a company to outlast the founders' lifetimes.

News Comments > Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming
1. Re: Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming Jan 14, 2014, 17:37 Beelzebud

Good I've held off playing this because I don't feel liking starting over with each patch.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 12, 2014, 13:52 Beelzebud

2014 is going to be the year that "early access" either proves itself, or crashes and burns like an airship called Titanic Hindenberg.

There is a lot of games right now that people are waiting on, and most of them got delayed (ha) to this year. Personally I'm done buying these until a few of the ones I did buy get finished up.

I nearly bought DayZ until I read that they think they'll be able to call it beta a year from now. Great for the ppl that don't mind, but count me out.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 12, 2014, 13:43 Beelzebud

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that non-finished games make up half the chart?  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 12, 2014, 02:32 Beelzebud

robdot wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 18:17:
At one time, a PC meant something with a windows operating system, didn't it? As opposed to a Mac,

Not really, it started out being IBM-PC, then people started calling any x86 based machine a 'PC', and Macs were just Macs. Now most people use PC to be a generic term referring to any x86 or amd64 based computer, weather it runs Windows, Linux, BSD, Plan9, or something even more obscure. So basically it had more to do with the CPU the machine was running.

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Standalone Client Released; Linux and OS X Support Ends
2. Re: QUAKE LIVE Standalone Client Released; Linux and OS X Support Ends Jan 10, 2014, 16:03 Beelzebud

id Software is just a logo to put on boxes.  

News Comments > BBC: Valve VR SDK Next Week
12. Re: BBC: Valve VR SDK Next Week Jan 9, 2014, 14:37 Beelzebud

If Valve has a monopoly then why do I have Origin, Uplay and the GoG Installer installed?  

914 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo