Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 888 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Game Limits Returning
32. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 15:05 Beelzebud

Diablo 3 is going to go down as Blizzard's moribund title.

At the risk of sounding like a douche: They sold out. Plain and simple.

Like a fool, I gave them the benefit of the doubt, given their track record. However after playing the game for over 200 hours since it came out, I finally had to face the fact that the entire game is designed to eventually funnel you in to that RMAH. Gold inflation? They don't care, because it will just get people to the RMAH even faster. Or so they thought. The opposite has happened and people like me are finally throwing our hands up, and quitting.

The core game itself is quite good. They did a great job of translating the Diablo game mechanics to the new engine. The problem was when they decided that balancing the game for RMAH was more important than making a fun game.

Never again will Blizzard be a 'day 1' purchase for me.

Blizzard has become another modern corporate greed machine. They exist to make the top executives at ActiBlizzard as much short term profits as they can, without any consideration to the longevity of the company.

This is clearly not the same company that put out Diablo and the Warcraft games. Their hard earned reputation is in ruins, and I doubt the executives even realize it yet, or if they do, they're making themselves so much cash right now, that they don't care.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Jul 16, 2012, 19:27 Beelzebud

It ended in a massive migraine headache.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Glitch Ends
35. Re: And... Jul 16, 2012, 16:52 Beelzebud

Blizzard isn't perfect, but I know for a fact they would not let Battle.net go down for a full weekend, and not bother to fix it. Battle.net has problems, but they always have someone working on it immediately when it happens.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Glitch Ends
15. Re: Ubisoft DRM Glitch Ends Jul 16, 2012, 11:55 Beelzebud

So they have no one to fix something like this over the weekend, and just wait until Monday to reboot the server? What kind of nickle and dime operation are they running?  

News Comments > UE4 Fortnite PC Release Next Year
25. Re: UE4 Fortnite PC Release Next Year Jul 14, 2012, 13:31 Beelzebud

id only thought to attempt a cash in on the post-apocalyptic popularity. Epic really knows how to pander!

Post Apocalypse: Check
Zombies: Check
Minecraft: Check
TF2 art style: Check

All that remains is them to reveal the micro-transaction model for this "free to play" game. After all the sucking up to Tim Shaffer that CliffyB has done lately, I'm sure he'll also call this an indie title.

News Comments > Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Trailer
4. Re: Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Trailer Jul 13, 2012, 01:26 Beelzebud

Game of Thrones is popular! Quick, someone shit out an MMO!  

News Comments > Clint Hocking Joins Valve
14. Re: Clint Hocking Joins Valve Jul 12, 2012, 18:42 Beelzebud

I'll bet those teams that Valve hired, and enabled them to transform their projects in to AAA quality titles, are very depressed at having to face such a tyranny.

News Comments > New BioWare F2P Announcement Nears
11. Re: New BioWare F2P Announcement Nears Jul 11, 2012, 12:39 Beelzebud

Don't worry guys. EA buying Bioware will have no effect on the company!  

News Comments > Source Filmmaker Open Beta
6. Re: Source Filmmaker Open Beta Jul 11, 2012, 02:40 Beelzebud

Valve: Great game company, or greatest game company?  

News Comments > Molyneux's "Game" Next Month
11. Re: I already know the answer to the mystery Jul 6, 2012, 23:56 Beelzebud

Honestly this the result of surrounding yourself with yes-men and ass-kissers for over a decade. I'm sure it's a situation like George Lucas, where no one has the balls to just look him in the eye and call him on his bullshit.  

News Comments > Molyneux's "Game" Next Month
4. Re: Molyneux's Jul 6, 2012, 21:44 Beelzebud

This guy has gone nuts. But so has our society, and the 50k pickaxe will probably sell during the first week.  

News Comments > id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE
52. Re: id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE Jul 6, 2012, 20:12 Beelzebud

Here is a shocking revelation: We all use our computers slightly differently! Holy fuck!

Anyway, did anyone whose been coming to sites like Blues since the 90's, ever think you'd see a time where id Software was in the state it is now? I sure as hell didn't. I never thought I'd see an id game that focused on consoles, had no mod support, no Linux client, and a piss poor excuse for multi-player. That last one really gets me because these guys invented deathmatch.

My prediction: This will also mark the end of id making their engines open source.

News Comments > Alien Arena: Reloaded Edition
1. Re: Alien Arena: Reloaded Edition Jul 6, 2012, 13:54 Beelzebud

This was always a fun Quake 3 Arena type shooter. I'll have to give this new version try this weekend.  

News Comments > Minecraft Patch Nears
8. Re: Minecraft Patch Nears Jul 6, 2012, 11:49 Beelzebud

You guys missed my point. I wasn't talking about the game play having lack of direction. I'm fine with that. That's the point of the game.

My comment was about the actual development of the game. How many half-baked features still remain that they started, but never finished? That is the lack of direction I'm talking about.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 6, 2012, 11:44 Beelzebud

Someone drank the cool aid. All Ron Paul is doing here is trying to get corporations to have even less accountability. Net Neutrality is a good thing, and this asshole is trying to destroy it. I'm not big on the idea of an internet where a private company can throttle users, or give preferential treatment on web traffic. End regulation, and that's what you'd get. A tiered internet, and another playground fro the corporations and the rich.

Not all federal regulations are bad.

3. Re: Minecraft Patch Nears Jul 6, 2012, 02:58 Beelzebud

Minecraft is an oddity, in that regard. So much potential, but a total lack of direction.

It does seem that the guys working on it now are a bit more serious about having a game plan, but Notch put the game in a state where it has a lot of half-baked ideas that never got fleshed out properly.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jul 6, 2012, 00:08 Beelzebud

I really don't understand what people were expecting. It's fucking Diablo. It was always about a farming grind-fest. People complaining about the "end game" (who haven't beat inferno...) seem to really think that this should follow an MMO mold. It's DIABLO... I guess people forgot what the "a" in "arpg" stood for.

Back when Diablo 2 was fresh, I played it for mindless action (that "a" word again), and played stuff like Fallout or Baldur's Gate when I wanted something with some depth.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront III Footage
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Footage Jul 6, 2012, 00:00 Beelzebud

So did the developer leak this out or what? How is this guy playing it?  

1. Re: Minecraft Patch Nears Jul 5, 2012, 23:58 Beelzebud

I'll bet right about now the guys currently working on it wish it wasn't based in Java.  

News Comments > id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE
16. Re: id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE Jul 5, 2012, 21:46 Beelzebud

PR doublespeak. "We have a few things we MAY announce soon."

What kind of nonsense is that? Either you have a few things you're going to announce, or you don't. Why the smokescreen?

How the mighty have fallen.

888 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo