Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 914 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews
2. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 12:02 Beelzebud

I was pretty curious to see the Witch Doctor preview, but now I'm even less interested. It sounds to me like their answer was just give WD's more mana regen, and to nerf zombie bears.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Community Beta
2. Re: Steam Community Beta Aug 16, 2012, 13:51 Beelzebud

You'd think the 8 years of service badge would get you in something like this, but I suppose someone that signed up a few months ago, and linked their account to Facebook is more worthy.  

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2012, 14:19 Beelzebud

Battered Wife Syndrome.

There is no coffin for the PC platform, and the sky is not falling. If a company fails to deliver a quality product for the target platform, they are not entitled to peoples money.

What is bad for PC gaming is bending over and taking whatever scraps companies try to give us.

News Comments > BioWare on the Importance of Day One DLC
15. Re: BioWare on the Importance of Day One DLC Aug 14, 2012, 14:15 Beelzebud

Stuff like this is why I have become a patient man. I don't need to play games as they come out. As a result of that mindset, I just got Dragon Age Ultimate Edition for $7.50. It's a great game, but nothing I would have paid $110 for.  

News Comments > TF2 Gray Tease?
7. Re: TF2 Gray Tease? Aug 11, 2012, 13:46 Beelzebud

rist3903 wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 11:11:
Remake the Hunted President from Team Fortress Classic please. That map was sweet.

Oddly enough, the Payload maps were born from that concept, it's just that a mine cart on rails was more reliable than random VIP players that would ruin the game half the time.

News Comments > TF2 Gray Tease?
3. Re: TF2 Gray Tease? Aug 10, 2012, 21:18 Beelzebud

Someone wasn't around for Domination in Unreal Tournament...  

News Comments > Zeschuk's Changing BioWare Role
7. Re: Zeschuk's Changing BioWare Role Aug 10, 2012, 13:34 Beelzebud

Don't worry, EA buying Bioware will have no affect on the company!  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Info Incoming
13. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 13:56 Beelzebud

http://youtu.be/AW2xyXl2tTI  

News Comments > THQ Results: InSane Cancelled
3. Re: THQ Results: InSane Cancelled Aug 6, 2012, 20:26 Beelzebud

George knows exactly what it looks like to go through the motions. He made a career out of it for 15 years.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
12. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 5, 2012, 19:02 Beelzebud

It's really bizarre reading the irrational hatred of being offered a choice. What does it hurt you guys if Linux is an option? Personally I'd love to get away from MS.

As to Carmack: They haven't shipped a good game since Quake 3, and in those days their idea of supporting Linux was to release the game for windows, put a Linux binary on their FTP, and then wait a few months before putting out retail copies of the Linux version. Was he really surprised that no one waited that long, and just bought the Win version and used the binaries from the FTP?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2012, 16:57 Beelzebud

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 15:02:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 14:39:
Don't you love how people use the world liberal like it's a derogatory term.

Let's be honest, if it were a republican President who bailed out all these banks and companies, we'd never hear the end of "corporate welfare" yada yada. Obama does it, it's ok, no one cares.

Remember kids it's alright to add record debt as long as you're a democrat. Is that pretty much the moral of the story or what?

I have a memory. Bush signed TARP into law, in case you forgot. It was better than a full blown depression. You can knock down as many straw-men as you want to.

Who said this: "Deficits don't matter." Surly a liberal, right? Oh wait, no that was Dick Cheney, when he was VP during Bush's spending spree.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2012, 13:50 Beelzebud

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 22:57:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 19:59:
Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 16:57:
Bailout: An Inside Account of How Washington Abandoned Main Street While Rescuing Wall Street

Just saw a good interview with Neil Barofsky about his book and all the stuff still going on with TARP. The corruption and the sheer volume of theft and how the American tax payer has been screwed - yet again - simply boggles the mind. I'm just surprised more of you aren't snapping and going ballistic when you learn about this stuff. I look forward to giving this a read.

Yeah, TARP and the lack of transparency is shocking. People complain about the GM bailout, but that was small potatoes (billions vs trillions) and much of it has been paid back (and was useful in preserving an iconic American industry that actually makes stuff). Most of the TARP money will never come back, and we'll never know who most of those monies were dispersed to. Also, usually losses are repaid out pennies on the dollar, but for some reason TARP paid 100% of losses, which is unheard of.

Sadly, the financial collapse will result in few or no new laws to prevent a repeat. The financial industry pays off the politicians to prevent it. And the Citizens United decision by the SCOTUS further cements that state of affairs.

On the plus side, at least the LIBOR investigation seems to be going well.

I think the part that always gets me with the GM Bailout, is the major reason GM needed a bail out was their greedy employees in the first place. the auto workers union is a prime example of why unions in the US have way too much clout.

The GM "bailout" happened because no banks were in a position to loan them the money. It's amazing that you call the workers "greedy", considering that GM still uses a complete union work force and is already back to turning profits, and paying down their loan.

That's the right-wing mentality for you though. Call the workers greedy, and advocate a position that would have meant even more jobs lost.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 28, 2012, 12:41 Beelzebud

Maybe once this skinner box shop finally crashes and burns, some of the talent they scooped up can go back to making real games. Brian Reynolds, I'm looking at you.  

News Comments > Return to RIFT
11. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 21:05 Beelzebud

I'm so burnt out on MMO's I won't even play them for free.

I played Rift for 2 months after it first came out, until the realization hit that I was simply playing a reskin job of WoW. Same thing happened with SWTOR. I'm done with MMO's.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record
13. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record Jul 25, 2012, 20:14 Beelzebud

LOL Funny how Wardell sings a different tune when he can make a buck off Steam.  

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 25, 2012, 02:59 Beelzebud

Right now there isn't much of a problem, because net neutrality is here already, and has been since the founding of the internet.

These companies think they should be able to introduce a tiered internet, where high paying corporations would be on a 'fast lane' and everyone else would be stuck in the affordable 'economy lane'. I don't want speed limits, based on the ability to pay, being the standard for the internet, which is what libertarians are arguing for.

A corporation being "free" to introduce a tiered internet is not freedom for people.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Linux Plans
4. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 25, 2012, 02:56 Beelzebud

UConnBBall wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 22:06:
It's really starting to happen. Momentium in Linux as a gaming platform and I really think in 5 years we could see a whole new kind of PC ecco-system.

But whta in the world is being Open Sourced? It is still proprietary and it is wierd for people to say everything Linux is Open Sourced?????

I love open source software, and free software like Linux, but only unreasonable people would have an issue with entertainment software being proprietary. Being open source isn't a requirement for Linux. There are plenty of professional apps that have Linux versions that are proprietary.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Linux Plans
3. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Linux Plans Jul 25, 2012, 02:54 Beelzebud

And so it begins!

Steam is the shot in the arm that Linux gaming needs, and I can't wait until the day I can dump Windows as my primary OS. It's coming. Gaming is the only thing that keeps me on Windows.

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 25, 2012, 00:16 Beelzebud

A 'rational libertarian' is just another way of saying "I'm a classic liberal".  

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
2. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jul 23, 2012, 23:01 Beelzebud

Yeah I also hope that Obsidian will get to continue working on Fallout. They absolutely nailed New Vegas. The writing and coherence was way beyond Bethesda's attempt.  

914 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo