Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 924 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Gambitious Launches: Earth No More & 3D Realms Live
15. Re: Gambitious Launches: Earth No More & 3D Realms Live Sep 25, 2012, 18:07 Beelzebud

It really is astounding that they're trying this. These assholes burned through tens of millions of dollars and couldn't even finish their own game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
38. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 13:35 Beelzebud

Yep I'm over it. Actually I'm over MMO's. No desire to play any of them, including GW2. To me, that is a victory. Wasted too much time on them as it is.  

News Comments > Gambitious Launches: Earth No More & 3D Realms Live
9. Re: Gambitious Launches: Earth No More & 3D Realms Live Sep 25, 2012, 13:07 Beelzebud

ROFL I guess they were rejected by Kickstarter, so they just started their own?

Please tell me people aren't stupid enough to hand them their hard earned money...

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview
15. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview Sep 23, 2012, 03:56 Beelzebud

As long as they're treating it like some e-sport that needs 100% balance, or tuning the drops to milk the AH this game will never be truly fun. I've sunk more time into than I care to admit, and have never found 1 useful legendary or set item. I can't help but think that without the RMAH they would be a little more forgiving with the idiot drop rates on those items.

After 2 days with Torchlight 2, my lvl 30 character has more "cool" gear than my 200+ hour witch doctor.

News Comments > Project Eternity Using Unity
21. Re: Project Eternity Using Unity Sep 23, 2012, 02:12 Beelzebud

They're doing this with Kickstarter because they can't get any publishers to fund a game in this style.

Wasteland 2 is using the Unity engine, and they probably saw the progress that had been made with it, and decided to use it too. The little scene they showed off from Wasteland 2 looks fine.

Unity engine added support for Linux a month ago, and one game has already shipped using its Linux support. It's no longer a hypothetical, it has happened.

A lot of strong opinions here, but you guys should read up on this stuff before you start criticizing everything about it. It's not like this is secret info.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
18. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 14:23 Beelzebud

Recently someone asked them about being able to identify all of the items in their inventory in one shot, and someone from Blizzard responded with "We're trying to figure out a way to do this."

Oblivious.

News Comments > Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions
33. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 21, 2012, 02:44 Beelzebud

After playing this for 5 hours today, Diablo 3 is dead, buried, and uninstalled. If you're in the mood for an action RPG, I don't think there is anything better out there.

As a bonus Matt Uleman's music is there in all of it's glory, and really enhances the mood of the game.

News Comments > Battle.net Adding "Appear Offline" Mode
9. Re: Battle.net Adding Sep 20, 2012, 12:30 Beelzebud

Now they just need to patch in a Play Offline mode for Diablo 3.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation
23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation Sep 19, 2012, 17:57 Beelzebud

I'll never go back, even if it's F2P. It's a reskinned WoW clone, and nothing more. If I want to play that style of game again, I'll just go back to the real deal.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans
16. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 17:19 Beelzebud

I'm reminded of this:

http://youtu.be/5NNOrp_83RU

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup
18. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 18, 2012, 12:18 Beelzebud

avianflu wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 11:43:
the reviews so far seem to be saying "more of the same."

That's not a bad thing at all. Why else have a sequel if you're going to change every aspect of the game.

I still wish Fallout 3 had been 'more of the same'.

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
74. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 15, 2012, 00:26 Beelzebud

wtf_man wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 00:03:
Lorcin wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 20:24:
Wow. Trying to be nice atm so all I can say is wow.

What?

Can't a person not like what the project evolved into?
Or am I supposed to kiss their ass for actually getting something out? (Although still incomplete)

Do whatever you want, I doubt anyone actually cares. If you won't try out a free game based on your own idea of their re-imagining being bad, there really isn't anything more to be said.

News Comments > Obsidian Kickstarter
54. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 17:42 Beelzebud

ViRGE wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 17:20:
Am I the only one that finds Obsidian using Kickstarter to be a bit repugnant? They're an established developer - they should be going to a publisher and doing it right, not hitting up gamers for money before they've even begun. It's like a millionaire panhandling.

Did you say the same about Inxile and their Wasteland 2 kickstarter? Or Double Fine and their kickstarter?

27. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 16:32 Beelzebud

Minuit wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 15:53:
Beelzebud wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 15:18:
You get 3 people that made the Fallout franchise what it is, and yeah, people are going to want to fund them.

On the other hand, what if you got the three people who made "Knights of the Old Republic II", "Alpha Protocol" and "Dungeon Siege III"? Would you want to fund them then?

I haven't played Dungeon Siege III, but I completely enjoyed KOTOR II and Alpha Protocol, so yeah I would.

39. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 14, 2012, 15:20 Beelzebud

I thought I posted in the wrong thread. What does a tv show have to do with this mod?  

4. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 15:18 Beelzebud

It's not like they're some fly-by-night scam artists. They've all got 15+ years experience as professional game developers, and work at a studio that has shipped many games.

You get 3 people that made the Fallout franchise what it is, and yeah, people are going to want to fund them.

36. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 14, 2012, 15:06 Beelzebud

I played up to where you get out of the testing area, and I am very impressed. So far it's like Half Life, but with everything looking great.  

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It"
5. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 13, 2012, 21:29 Beelzebud

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 21:13:
What always makes me /facepalm about every big company complaining about piracy equating to lost sales, is that I'm pretty sure if you added up all their projected numbers that they "should" have been making, it would be some utterly ridiculous amount of money. Times are a bit tough right now, that money simply does not exist.

Oh, and on subject, I'm really happy that these guys made a great game and had it sell well!

Oh I have no doubt about that point. If you added up all the cash from "lost sales" you'd end up with more money than exists in the economy. They'd be more profitable than oil companies.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million
55. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 13, 2012, 16:40 Beelzebud

I think SWTOR drove home the point for me that I, personally, am just sick and tired of MMOs. Every new one that comes along looks great on the surface, but ends up being just the same game with a new paint job, and slight variations on the exact same theme.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak
2. Re: Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak Sep 13, 2012, 14:26 Beelzebud

Just got my hardcore WD to 60 last night. I'm finding my heart skips a beat every time her health get's in the 20% range and lower now.

924 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo