Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 914 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare
23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare Oct 4, 2012, 14:45 Beelzebud

Bioware is really nothing more than a logo for EA to slap on game boxes at this point. We all knew this is how it would end, when Bioware sold out to them.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an "Endangered Species"
1. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 3, 2012, 20:13 Beelzebud

Point of irony: Diablo 3 sold as well as it did, on the back of Diablo 2, which had a proper single player mode.

I predict any expansion for Diablo 3 will not come close to the original sales for the game. Blizz got fat and lazy, and I don't think they realize how much damage Diablo 3 did to them.

News Comments > Make Something Unreal Live 2013 Details
1. Re: Make Something Unreal Live 2013 Details Oct 3, 2012, 11:59 Beelzebud

I'd like to see Epic make something Unreal.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer
2. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 14:07 Beelzebud

It's going to be a long 10 days waiting for this! Looks so damn good.  

News Comments > Valve Denies Nexon Rumor
3. Re: Valve Denies Nexon Rumor Sep 28, 2012, 23:00 Beelzebud

Why ruin a good thing, when everyone seems to be happy where they are.  

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
4. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 27, 2012, 20:27 Beelzebud

Breaking News: People get tired of playing the same game after nearly a decade.  

News Comments > Linux Steam External Beta Plans
10. Re: Linux Steam Eternal Beta Plans Sep 27, 2012, 16:46 Beelzebud

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 16:06:
It's even funnier that it only supports Ubuntu 12.04+ imo. Other distros are probably not amused

It's sensible for getting things running. They know exactly what libraries Ubuntu is using, and it gives them a target that isn't constantly moving. People on distros like Arch, which update every day, will make do, they like tinkering with things.

I know one of the main contributors to Slackware has said he'll make sure Steam runs on Slackware. I think reasonable people see the logic in how Valve are doing this.

News Comments > Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches
35. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 23:55 Beelzebud

nin wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 21:38:
Ok, here we go:

Install Shock 2 from cd.

Patch to latest version (2.3).

Extract new_dark.zip and contrib.zip contents into main install folder (this overwrites shock2.exe).

Run shock2.exe

Optional: Read through cam_ext.cfg to see if you want to tweak anything. I recommend "d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 640 480", as it makes the UI larger and easier to read from the MFD. Any of those changes you want to make go into cam.cfg file. (edit: Still monkeying around with the rez...it only seems to like 640 480?)

Extremely impressed. Works flawlessly on Win7 64, so far...there goes my weekend.

Thanks for the heads up on that config file... Holy shit this person really added a lot of new features! Simply amazing.

25. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 16:17 Beelzebud

They even did a massive update to the editor for System Shock 2. It's quite amazing.

Now I need to see if it all works with the high-res texture mod.

23. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 15:56 Beelzebud

I wonder who in the hell made these. It had to have been someone that used to work at Looking Glass. I installed System Shock 2, and am quite stunned how how nice this patch is for it. 1920x1080, and it's playing great. I know what I'm doing this weekend.  

News Comments > Gambitious Launches: Earth No More & 3D Realms Live
15. Re: Gambitious Launches: Earth No More & 3D Realms Live Sep 25, 2012, 18:07 Beelzebud

It really is astounding that they're trying this. These assholes burned through tens of millions of dollars and couldn't even finish their own game.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
38. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 13:35 Beelzebud

Yep I'm over it. Actually I'm over MMO's. No desire to play any of them, including GW2. To me, that is a victory. Wasted too much time on them as it is.  

News Comments > Gambitious Launches: Earth No More & 3D Realms Live
9. Re: Gambitious Launches: Earth No More & 3D Realms Live Sep 25, 2012, 13:07 Beelzebud

ROFL I guess they were rejected by Kickstarter, so they just started their own?

Please tell me people aren't stupid enough to hand them their hard earned money...

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview
15. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview Sep 23, 2012, 03:56 Beelzebud

As long as they're treating it like some e-sport that needs 100% balance, or tuning the drops to milk the AH this game will never be truly fun. I've sunk more time into than I care to admit, and have never found 1 useful legendary or set item. I can't help but think that without the RMAH they would be a little more forgiving with the idiot drop rates on those items.

After 2 days with Torchlight 2, my lvl 30 character has more "cool" gear than my 200+ hour witch doctor.

News Comments > Project Eternity Using Unity
21. Re: Project Eternity Using Unity Sep 23, 2012, 02:12 Beelzebud

They're doing this with Kickstarter because they can't get any publishers to fund a game in this style.

Wasteland 2 is using the Unity engine, and they probably saw the progress that had been made with it, and decided to use it too. The little scene they showed off from Wasteland 2 looks fine.

Unity engine added support for Linux a month ago, and one game has already shipped using its Linux support. It's no longer a hypothetical, it has happened.

A lot of strong opinions here, but you guys should read up on this stuff before you start criticizing everything about it. It's not like this is secret info.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
18. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 14:23 Beelzebud

Recently someone asked them about being able to identify all of the items in their inventory in one shot, and someone from Blizzard responded with "We're trying to figure out a way to do this."

Oblivious.

News Comments > Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions
33. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 21, 2012, 02:44 Beelzebud

After playing this for 5 hours today, Diablo 3 is dead, buried, and uninstalled. If you're in the mood for an action RPG, I don't think there is anything better out there.

As a bonus Matt Uleman's music is there in all of it's glory, and really enhances the mood of the game.

News Comments > Battle.net Adding "Appear Offline" Mode
9. Re: Battle.net Adding Sep 20, 2012, 12:30 Beelzebud

Now they just need to patch in a Play Offline mode for Diablo 3.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation
23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation Sep 19, 2012, 17:57 Beelzebud

I'll never go back, even if it's F2P. It's a reskinned WoW clone, and nothing more. If I want to play that style of game again, I'll just go back to the real deal.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans
16. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 17:19 Beelzebud

I'm reminded of this:

http://youtu.be/5NNOrp_83RU

914 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo