Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 935 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 18:35 Beelzebud

draginol wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 18:22:
Beelzebud wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 17:56:
You admitted to it all, you just don't see anything wrong with your behavior. I don't have to support you, you are not entitled to sales.

To the other person saying I should buy the game anyway: No I shouldn't. I don't have to support scumbags like this. He is not entitled to my money.

I get the feeling that you're not understanding the issue being discussed then. The only thing I "admitted" to is that I sometimes post/email/tweet things that, when derived of context, can be used to make me look like a jerk. And as long as I'm writing lots of emails, posts, blogs and tweets you will be able to find cases where I say something that will make someone mad.

For someone who casually calls people "Scumbags", something more inflammatory than anything I've been accused of writing, I have to wonder if you're just trying to be ironic.

Focusing on the game itself, if you don't want the game, that's fine. I'm not sure why you're posting here then.

First review of Fallen Enchantress has shown up: 87 (http://www.gamingogre.com/review/elemental-fallen-enchantress-review/)

I get the feeling you don't understand the difference between comments from a stranger on the internet, and a boss harassing an employee. You have power over your employees.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 17:56 Beelzebud

draginol wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 16:38:
Beelzebud wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 15:49:
I refuse to give Stardock money. Between releasing unfinished games, and their throwback CEO thinking sexual harassment is fine, I'll have nothing to do with putting money in his pocket.

Speaking as the throwback CEO, no I don't think "sexual harassment" is fine. Next time you read something on the Internet remember the phrase "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet".

Please judge the game based on the game itself. A lot of people worked very hard for the last two years to create this.

We can quibble over whether Elemental was "unfinished" or not. However, I agree with those who say it wasn't worth $50.

Games are expensive and anyone who purchased WOM in 2010 or earlier gets FE for free precisely because companies have a moral obligation to make good on their promises to their customers.

You admitted to it all, you just don't see anything wrong with your behavior. I don't have to support you, you are not entitled to sales.

These are your words, people can judge for themselves.

To the other person saying I should buy the game anyway: No I shouldn't. I don't have to support scumbags like this. He is not entitled to my money.

News Comments > Blizzard Once Toyed with Diablo in Space
21. Re: Blizzard Once Toyed with Diablo in Space Oct 23, 2012, 16:35 Beelzebud

This could have been really cool. Instead we got Diablo 3 that basically borrowed its item system from WoW, and thus just isn't as interesting as the first two games.  

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 15:49 Beelzebud

I refuse to give Stardock money. Between releasing unfinished games, and their throwback CEO thinking sexual harassment is fine, I'll have nothing to do with putting money in his pocket.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus
11. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 01:28 Beelzebud

Prez wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 00:42:
Not terribly compelling. I am interested in the game but barring a 50% off preorder discount, I'll be waiting until it ships.

I've come to accept that consoles will be the lead SKU for the vast majority of multiplatform games. As long as the PC ports are done well, I'm happy.

Same here. I have actually begun to appreciate the advantage inherent to console-first design - creative ways have to be found to make the improved graphics doable on stagnant old console hardware, which generally translates to less frequent upgrades for my PC. I don't miss the days when I was replacing my videocard every year (or less) when a new graphical monster came out on PC.

Same here. As long as the PC port is handled properly, I don't mind either. I'm on a machine I built in 2007, and all I've done since then in put 4gb of ram in it, and get a new mid-range video card. Still plays every game I've thrown at it flawlessly. I do not miss spending a thousand bucks every year or two.

It's odd to see people say 2k is the "next ea", after they released really solid sequels to Deus Ex and Xcom. Two game universes I thought were going to be perpetually dead in the water. I just can't seem to freak out on a AAA studio that actually released a turn based strategy game in 2012.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2012, 01:43.

News Comments > Loot Drop Drops Kickstarter
27. Re: Loot Drop Drops Kickstarter Oct 22, 2012, 16:15 Beelzebud

Shineyguy wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 14:08:
JediPunisher wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 12:13:
I'm not surprised. When you begin a Kickstarter without a name for your project, you're in trouble.

Except this is precisely how the Double Fine Adventure project was started.

I think the big difference is that Double Fine can point to titles they've released in the last decade that people love. The same can't be said for Romero and crew.

26. Re: Loot Drop Drops Kickstarter Oct 22, 2012, 16:13 Beelzebud

Maybe they can get in on the ground floor of 3D Realm's new pyramid scheme, err I mean investment opportunity.  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow
3. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow Oct 22, 2012, 16:09 Beelzebud

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 16:07:
"Please come back!

PLEASE?!

Hello?!?!?!"

Remember how cocky and full of hubris they were before release? It's nice to see them get a taste of humble pie.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow
1. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow Oct 22, 2012, 16:05 Beelzebud

Amateur hour.

I'm noticing a trend with the Diablo 3 team. When they mess something up, they blame it on bugs. Even if they published a chart that listed the exact values they now say are "bugged".

19. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 22, 2012, 13:38 Beelzebud

Honestly I highly doubt the name had anything to do with the failure.

I doubt most people went back to see that they gave it a name. Their initial pitch was terrible. No details, no name, just pure vague bullshit. You can't sell an idea based on your reputation, when no one has played any games you made for over a decade.

And if Doom had been named Shaker, it would have been the same huge success it was, because when Doom came out, there was nothing like it out there. Nothing compared to it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 22, 2012, 13:22 Beelzebud

MisterBenn wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 10:26:
So after a couple weeks of honeymoon period, what's the assessment of XCOM single player?

It's lives up to the name. Is it perfect? What is? Personally I'm thrilled that a AAA studio released a turn based strategy game, and did a good job of it, so I'm not complaining. I can't help but play this and wish Fallout 3 had been done using this style.

It's not as hardcore as the first game, but frankly after having played UFO Defense around 6 months ago, I seriously think that is a GOOD thing. UFO Defense is a classic, but it is not a perfect game, and had lots of room for improvement.

15. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 22, 2012, 12:20 Beelzebud

Kickstarter just made Romero its bitch.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

News Comments > Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series
22. Re: Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series Oct 20, 2012, 23:32 Beelzebud

Ok we get it. Your concern is noted.

News Comments > Ken Rolston Joins Turbine
5. Re: Ken Rolston Joins Turbine Oct 20, 2012, 15:56 Beelzebud

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 13:44:
New Asheron's Call?!?!?!?

I'm still annoyed with how bad they dropped the ball on Asheron's Call 2. AC was/is one of the best MMO's ever. I just can't stand to play it anymore with its 1999 graphics and monthly fee.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Patch Plans
10. Re: Torchlight 2 Patch Plans Oct 18, 2012, 14:31 Beelzebud

Between Xcom and Torchlight 2 I can't get anything done.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 14:03 Beelzebud

Good. The fact that they wanted to patent a fucking shape is just insane. Think about it. They literally tried to claim that they invented a "rectangle shape with rounded corners".

Between their labor practices, and their 'sue to win' mentality, they can fuck off.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed?
8. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 01:33 Beelzebud

Here's a scoop. If you look in the ini files for Xcom you can see references to 60 day DLC called Slingshot, and 90 day DLC called Progeny.  

News Comments > More "Dragonborn" Skyrim DLC Hints
6. Re: More Oct 17, 2012, 13:50 Beelzebud

deadearth wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 13:34:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 12:31:
I want a real expansion pack, not these mod quality size DLC's

The unfounded assumptions is strong in this one.

Lets wait for... I don't know.... the DLC to be announced before bashing it shall we

I don't see the unfounded assumption. The first two DLC packs for Skyrim are pretty weak. Thus, he hopes this one has better content in it.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
15. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 12:40 Beelzebud

Blizzard should have delayed this game for at least a year. Nothing is going to bring back the launch week numbers.

Personally I still have D3 installed, but between Xcom and Torchlight 2, I just don't even care about this patch.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 13:11 Beelzebud

It's odd to see the shift in the gamer mindset.

Almost 2 years ago, charging $60.00 for a PC game was nearly a scandal on most gaming websites. Now people don't bat an eye at spending $60.00 for the base game, and not a month later spending even more money, as if this was normal. I'm sure Borderlands 2 is fun, but like the first one, it is not worth over $100.00.

Too late now though. Wallets have spoken and this really is the new norm. Now we see the "Season Pass" concept take hold, where you're forking over $30.00 for the promise of content to come at a future date. Gearbox found a new way to one-up this trend by stating that the Season Pass for Borderlands 2 will not cover all of the planned DLC releases. This is not good for the consumer.

935 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo