Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 914 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached
4. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 17:48 Beelzebud

First Wasteland 2, and now this! Glad to see the gaming community show support for two teams who really deserve it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 0x10c Interview; Test Footage
32. Re: 0x10c Interview; Test Footage Oct 13, 2012, 13:51 Beelzebud

Let me know when there is a game to be shown off. This is a java tech demo that takes place in one room. Listening to him rattle off features he "plans" to add does nothing for me, after seeing all of the abandoned ideas in Minecraft.

People all over the net keep saying "yeah it looks like crap but the game looks interesting": What game? Having a 16-Bit CPU emulator in a room with N64 textures, and stencil buffered lighting isn't even close to being a game.

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
15. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 15:50 Beelzebud

Fion wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 14:35:
TL2 > D3 in every conceivable way.

It's funny because before they both hit I would never have dreamed that would be true. TL1 was good, but it was no Diablo 2. Oh how the tables have turned.

Same here. I was actually in the pro-Diablo 3 camp until I played it to inferno. I never imagined Torchlight 2 could compete with Diablo 3, but I was wrong.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 12, 2012, 14:51 Beelzebud

MS is a victim of their own success. The success of the Xbox360 means that game developers target those system specs. What that also means is that if your PC exceeds those specs there is no reason to upgrade at all. I'm on a machine that was built in 2007. It has a quad core CPU and 6GB of RAM. The video card was replaced in 2010, and it still plays everything I throw at it with no problems.

There is simply no reason to upgrade. Why move to Windows 8, when 7 does everything I need it to? I don't want the Metro UI, so Win8 would be a step back.

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
8. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 11:50 Beelzebud

Too busy with XCom to care. If I get bored with XCom I'll be too busy with Torchlight 2 to care. Blizzard had their chance, and they royally blew it. The RMAH ruined the game, because they obviously stifle loot drops to try and squeeze money out of the players.

It's a pay to pay to win game. Fuck Blizzard. They're dead to me.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch
13. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch Oct 11, 2012, 21:57 Beelzebud

The mouse fix is really great. I had gotten used to the mushy controls, but this fix made the game play 100% better IMO.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch
1. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch Oct 11, 2012, 20:10 Beelzebud

Now they just need to delete the 2GB of unused 720 video... Seems so wasteful for HDD space.  

News Comments > More Project Eternity Goals
22. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 11, 2012, 15:39 Beelzebud

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:15:
Holy shit, they released a (provisional) screenshot

Creston

Looks like a modern 3D version of the infinity engine games! Holy crap, if the final game looks like that it will be amazing.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Details Near
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:01 Beelzebud

I just hope they have the engine running decently on PCs this time around.

They also need to open the game up more like Vice City and San Andreas were. GTA IV lacked most of the things that made those two games so cool.

It won't matter how good it is if the engine still sucks though, so I really hope they've gotten it sorted out by now.

News Comments > No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace
21. Re: No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace Oct 11, 2012, 13:21 Beelzebud

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 12:17:
I like the option to do so not be told by government I can't.

I must have missed the part where MS was government.

News Comments > No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace
18. Re: No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace Oct 11, 2012, 12:56 Beelzebud

I'm going to not use Windows 8 so hard!

Seriously, Win7 works fine, so why would I want to downgrade to the new version of Vista?

News Comments > More Project Eternity Goals
7. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 11, 2012, 12:50 Beelzebud

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 10:48:
You do realize that at least 4 out 5 kickstarters will fail. That is pretty much throwing your money away. Fools always flock to a losing deal.

Yes, all based on the statistical analysis you pulled out of your ass.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2012, 14:35 Beelzebud

I don't buy it. PC gamers wanted a strategy follow-up. That is why there was such a negative backlash to the shooter game. I didn't pre-order this game to prove a point about the shooter, or from marketing hype.

I bought this game because I've waited for over a decade for a proper X-Com sequel.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2012, 14:26 Beelzebud

In the late 1990's X-Com was anything but a niche game. The first time I played it was on a Playstation console. It is one of the greatest strategy games ever made. It was on multiple platforms, sold well, and won praise from every sector of the gaming press.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO:_Enemy_Unknown#Reception

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2012, 14:19 Beelzebud

It's funny. When they announced the Xcom shooter, one of the genius suits at 2K made this comment:

"Turn-based strategy games were no longer the hottest thing on planet Earth," Hartmann said. "But this is not just a commercial thing - strategy games are just not contemporary."

Funny how Xcom Enemy Unknown has been number one on the Steam top seller's list for nearly a week now, beating out shooters Borderlands 2, and Uncharted.

I guess gamers like strategy games after all. I'll bet that guy got his job just because he has an MBA. I doubt someone that would make a comment like that has ever even played games.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 5, 2012, 13:43 Beelzebud

I've been using KDE 4.8 for a little over a month now on my Slackware machine, and it has really grown in to a great desktop. Sometime this weekend I'll have to take the plunge and install 4.9.  

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
46. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 17:20 Beelzebud

Alamar wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 15:24:
BobBob wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 15:08:
Beelzebud wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 14:48:
Too much time and effort, for very little real world payoff.

MMOs defined.

Hobbies defined...

I disagree of course... I think entertainment/joy/pleasure/etc are a good real world payoff : ) Otherwise, all anyone could ever justify using their time on, is exercise : )

-Alamar

Don't take me out of context. I'm speaking through the lens someone who led a raiding guild that raided 5 days a week for years. Managing the roster, keeping track of loot, keeping egos in check, etc, gets to be more like a job than a hobby.

It's a job you don't get paid for, and are rarely thanked for. I'm all for having hobbies, and I still play games constantly. I'll just never run a large raiding guild again.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer
17. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 14:54 Beelzebud

Also: I really hope there are missions that take place on farms with cornfields, like the original. Haven't seen anything that looked like a farm setting.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer
16. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 14:53 Beelzebud

Really looking forward to this, and I hope it doesn't disappoint. I also pre-ordered. Then I managed to trade off my extra copy of Civ 5 for Natural Selection II pre-order, so this will be a great gaming month.  

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
32. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 14:48 Beelzebud

If people are still having fun with it, then good for them.

Personally I raided for 3 years, and led a raiding guild for 1.5 of those years. I've had enough of MMOs, no matter what they are. For me I'm glad to be out of the scene. Too much time and effort, for very little real world payoff.

914 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo