Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 931 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
6. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Nov 1, 2012, 13:18 Beelzebud

I tried it again last week, and besides some MMO-style skill tree tweaks that Blizzard never seems to tire of, I didn't notice anything else that would keep me playing.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve on Linux Plans
15. Re: Valve on Linux Plans Oct 30, 2012, 00:11 Beelzebud

DDI wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 21:55:
No one wants to deal with that bullshit to get a decent looking OS. As soon as Linux starts copying Windows and MacOS, you know proven desktop interfaces, instead of this fractured scattered crap, it might be marginally successful.

But in the end, it's only a matter of time before Valve just releases some steam box that runs a closed Linux distro, completing the circle of hypocrisy.

This is what is sounds like when someone talks out of their ass with no knowledge of what they're talking about.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Early
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Early Oct 29, 2012, 21:03 Beelzebud

Cool, I'll take less of a wait. I only recently got the pre-order, so I haven't played it at all.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2012, 14:40 Beelzebud

Clearly turn based games with isometric camera angles are dead, outdated, and no one wants to play them.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch
4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch Oct 26, 2012, 20:01 Beelzebud

Looking forward to trying it. I managed to trade for the pre-order on Steam.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 26, 2012, 18:19 Beelzebud

Sticking with Win7. I see no reason to upgrade at this time.  

News Comments > 0x10c Multiplayer Footage
2. Re: 0x10c Multiplayer Footage Oct 25, 2012, 12:24 Beelzebud

It's odd that this is supposed to be some sci-fi game about space exploration, and the first footage featuring game play is just deathmatch that looks like a 15 year leap backwards.  

News Comments > RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming
11. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 24, 2012, 23:04 Beelzebud

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 22:06:
Beelzebud wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 21:47:
This should really excite all 3 people that have the 20gb game still taking up space on their hard drive.
Does anybody actually uninstall games these days? I've got over 550 games on Steam and I keep them all installed - that includes RAGE. I have 40Mbit broadband and I'd still rather not have to wait the twenty minutes it takes to download most games when I could just keep them installed.

When a game is 20GB and I never play it, you're damn right I uninstall it. I'm not going to run an array of TB hard drives to keep every game I stopped playing installed. I'm not made of money.

News Comments > RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming
2. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 24, 2012, 21:47 Beelzebud

This should really excite all 3 people that have the 20gb game still taking up space on their hard drive.  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
8. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 24, 2012, 13:52 Beelzebud

I had 3 cups of coffee this morning.  

News Comments > No BF3 Color Grading Removal
26. Re: No BF3 Color Grading Removal Oct 24, 2012, 12:20 Beelzebud

Time has validated my decision to not support Dice or Origin.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 24, 2012, 00:55 Beelzebud

When I tried it out I don't think those were available. I'll have to give it another go! Thanks for the heads up.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 24, 2012, 00:00 Beelzebud

Keith wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 21:50:
Didn't like Dwarf Fortress. Really like Dungeon Keeper 2. How does this compare?

I really wanted to like Dwarf Fortress, but I simply can't get past the ASCII characters for graphics. It's a great concept, but it needs a real graphical client. Oh well, to each their own.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned
11. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned Oct 23, 2012, 23:58 Beelzebud

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 22:04:
Yeah, I can change armor, colors, and give the flat top... but I don't remember seeing any armor that looked like the stuff in the media shot. Maybe it is there and I just haven't noticed it too look as cool as it does in that shot.

I just remembered a fool-proof way to check. Right click on the game in Steam and select View Downloadable Content, and it should show you what DLC you have.

That being said, this is a great highlight of how little that DLC brings to the game, and why 5.00 is probably a bit too steep for it. Had I not pre-ordered the game, I wouldn't buy this.

4. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned Oct 23, 2012, 21:54 Beelzebud

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 21:37:
I pre-ordered and I don't think I got the new Hyperion and Reaper soldier armor kits. I bought it from GMG and downloaded from Steam...

If the DLC is priced right I will buy it if that means they will start work on a huge add-on or the sequel.

From what I gather, if you have customization options, you got it. Can you give your marines the classic Xcom haircut? How about helmets?

1. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned Oct 23, 2012, 21:11 Beelzebud

Slingshot doesn't appeal to me at all. I hope the next one (progeny, is what its called in the *.ini files) is something different.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 18:35 Beelzebud

draginol wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 18:22:
Beelzebud wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 17:56:
You admitted to it all, you just don't see anything wrong with your behavior. I don't have to support you, you are not entitled to sales.

To the other person saying I should buy the game anyway: No I shouldn't. I don't have to support scumbags like this. He is not entitled to my money.

I get the feeling that you're not understanding the issue being discussed then. The only thing I "admitted" to is that I sometimes post/email/tweet things that, when derived of context, can be used to make me look like a jerk. And as long as I'm writing lots of emails, posts, blogs and tweets you will be able to find cases where I say something that will make someone mad.

For someone who casually calls people "Scumbags", something more inflammatory than anything I've been accused of writing, I have to wonder if you're just trying to be ironic.

Focusing on the game itself, if you don't want the game, that's fine. I'm not sure why you're posting here then.

First review of Fallen Enchantress has shown up: 87 (http://www.gamingogre.com/review/elemental-fallen-enchantress-review/)

I get the feeling you don't understand the difference between comments from a stranger on the internet, and a boss harassing an employee. You have power over your employees.

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 17:56 Beelzebud

draginol wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 16:38:
Beelzebud wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 15:49:
I refuse to give Stardock money. Between releasing unfinished games, and their throwback CEO thinking sexual harassment is fine, I'll have nothing to do with putting money in his pocket.

Speaking as the throwback CEO, no I don't think "sexual harassment" is fine. Next time you read something on the Internet remember the phrase "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet".

Please judge the game based on the game itself. A lot of people worked very hard for the last two years to create this.

We can quibble over whether Elemental was "unfinished" or not. However, I agree with those who say it wasn't worth $50.

Games are expensive and anyone who purchased WOM in 2010 or earlier gets FE for free precisely because companies have a moral obligation to make good on their promises to their customers.

You admitted to it all, you just don't see anything wrong with your behavior. I don't have to support you, you are not entitled to sales.

These are your words, people can judge for themselves.

To the other person saying I should buy the game anyway: No I shouldn't. I don't have to support scumbags like this. He is not entitled to my money.

News Comments > Blizzard Once Toyed with Diablo in Space
21. Re: Blizzard Once Toyed with Diablo in Space Oct 23, 2012, 16:35 Beelzebud

This could have been really cool. Instead we got Diablo 3 that basically borrowed its item system from WoW, and thus just isn't as interesting as the first two games.  

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 15:49 Beelzebud

I refuse to give Stardock money. Between releasing unfinished games, and their throwback CEO thinking sexual harassment is fine, I'll have nothing to do with putting money in his pocket.  

931 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo