Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 911 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
5. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 14:14 Beelzebud

Lokust wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 14:02:
The more I read about windows 8, the more I think it is going to be a powerful force in driving the sales of new Apple computers. And I say that as someone who hates Apple...

It's going to be a powerful force in driving PC owners to just install Linux on their machines. With Nvidia and AMD both putting a lot of work in to the drivers, and Valve about to put Steam on it, I can see more people just switching to the free OS than buying overpriced Mac hardware.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 17, 2012, 12:49 Beelzebud

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 11:45:
Yeah... but noscript is a hassle ;p

Honestly that's what i used to think too. However after a few days you don't notice it's there anymore. It's just a bitch when you start out with no white list tailored to the sites you frequently visit.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 17, 2012, 01:02 Beelzebud

That's why I use NoScript. I saw no survey.  

News Comments > Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up
26. Re: Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up Nov 16, 2012, 20:04 Beelzebud

spindoctor wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 19:02:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:07:
If only Blizzard had the kind of resources that InXile or MinMax games had, then they could afford to just do a proper Linux port.

But with a small indy studio like Blizzard you just have to take what you can get.

95% of all games do not have a Linux client, and I don't think Blizzard ever claimed that Linux was supported, so why single them out?

And how can people be surprised when their automated cheat detection system finds problems when people connect through an emulator on an unsupported environment?

I single them out because they're banning paying customers who would obviously prefer a Linux client, and they have the resources to do one if they wished.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details
8. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 13:16 Beelzebud

Dades wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 11:02:
Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 10:58:
Sounds like it's mostly a monster-arena style thing?

Creston

So it's the shitty DLC from the first game that everyone hated without a big stash to force people to get it? No wonder they can turn this out so quickly. Enclosed arenas are the lamest form of DLC no matter who makes them, why repeat past mistakes?

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Because they know a high percentage of people will buy it. Gamers' lack of self control has made DLC the new norm. Even shitty DLC.

News Comments > Newell Next AIAS Hall of Fame Inductee
7. Re: Newell Next AIAS Hall of Fame Inductee Nov 15, 2012, 22:51 Beelzebud

Tim Sweeney will finally be in good company.  

News Comments > Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up
17. Re: Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up Nov 15, 2012, 16:07 Beelzebud

If only Blizzard had the kind of resources that InXile or MinMax games had, then they could afford to just do a proper Linux port.

But with a small indy studio like Blizzard you just have to take what you can get.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Torgue DLC Confirmed
9. Re: Borderlands 2 Torque DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 16:03 Beelzebud

I'm going with the same strategy I used for Borderlands. Wait, and them scoop up the entire package when it's all on sale. If it takes 2 years, so be it, the game isn't really important.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Pitching CliffyB?
13. Re: Ubisoft Pitching CliffyB? Nov 14, 2012, 13:41 Beelzebud

jdreyer wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 13:24:
Cliffy may be over the top, but I've been a big fan of UT for 14 years now. And the widespread use of the Unreal Engine speaks to its fidelity as well as ease of use. Say what you will about the man, but the results speak for themselves.

He had nothing to do with coding the Unreal engine, that is Tim Sweeny...

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2
26. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 13, 2012, 01:35 Beelzebud

finga wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 00:01:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 22:34:
less pseudo-religious 'chosen one' stuff.
Which the Mass Effect series didn't do. Not even a little bit. Shepard had no prophecy, no special birthright, no magical powers above anyone else's.

Yeah the hero named Shepard, who dies and is resurrected, wages war with Legion, and then sacrifices himself for us, had not even a little bit of that sort of thing.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2
16. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 12, 2012, 22:34 Beelzebud

More space opera, less pseudo-religious 'chosen one' stuff.  

News Comments > Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1?
50. Re: Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1? Nov 12, 2012, 17:08 Beelzebud

Go Linux Go!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 11, 2012, 14:25 Beelzebud

Nice to see Natural Selection 2 is still on the top 10. If you haven't played it, and are in the mood for a solid shooter, I highly recommend it.  

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
11. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 12:19 Beelzebud

And I'd bet that if I were to log in the same 20 gold selling bots would have my friends request list entirely filled.  

News Comments > BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic
2. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 10:50 Beelzebud

Bioware is nothing more than a logo at this point. Assimilation Complete.  

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year
6. Re: Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year Nov 7, 2012, 23:07 Beelzebud

I won't buy an expansion for D3.  

News Comments > Steam for Linux Beta Client
10. Re: Steam for Linux Beta Client Nov 6, 2012, 17:05 Beelzebud

eunichron wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 15:25:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 14:44:
despite some people feeling put off by Steam being released for their "everything should be free and open" operating system.

I would say those people, the Stallman types, are a fairly small, but increasingly vocal, minority in the Linux community. Seeing as how Ubuntu looks like the primary distro for support, and Ubuntu isn't endorsed by the FSF, I'm assuming Valve doesn't give two shits about what they have to say.

But as you said, unless there's some overwhelming advantage to switching to Linux over Windows 7 for gaming (exclusives, performance, what have you), I don't see this as any more than a novelty.

To you that may be true. It isn't being done for you though, it's being done for people that actually use Linux. You're free to stay on whatever OS you like. I'm always puzzled by people who seem to shoot down choice, as if it's a weird thing.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80
30. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 21:56 Beelzebud

I like he says they can't change the FOV because of "tech limitations".

Their engine is based off the fucking Quake 3 engine.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 3, 2012, 23:47 Beelzebud

I welcome our interactive rat overlords.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 2, 2012, 20:10 Beelzebud

It's amusing how Halo 4 gets leaked out a month early, and you don't hear anything from studios about how bad console gaming is in regards to piracy.  

911 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo