Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 914 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Delayed
18. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 14:27 Beelzebud

A wise developer once said "No one will remember if the game is late, only if itís great.", and then promptly threw that wisdom out the window and released Diablo 3 at least a year too early.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days
30. Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days Dec 5, 2012, 14:05 Beelzebud

Later tonight when I'm playing Natural Selection 2, with its mostly mature player base, I'll know who to thank. These CoD games really keep the morons in their own partition.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans "Scumbag"
16. Re: PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans Dec 5, 2012, 13:26 Beelzebud

It's cool to see them taking an aggressive stance.

Blizzard charged 60.00 for Diablo 2, makes money from an AH, and I've seen them make an example of a cheater like this zero times.

News Comments > New AMD Beta Drivers
2. Re: New AMD Beta Drivers Dec 4, 2012, 15:04 Beelzebud

I'm curious to see if the Linux version of TF2 still runs like ass. I really hope they get their shit together on the Linux front.  

News Comments > Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions
40. Re: Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions Nov 30, 2012, 14:38 Beelzebud

Sepharo wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 14:26:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 14:15:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 23:26:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 22:54:
The .01% of the audience that can program the computer will love it. I'm sorry, but just "whipping up" an emulator that plays games, or making navigational software for flying the ship isn't going to be something a lot of people are going to be able to do. Seems like a pretty tiny niche audience to go after.

I'm guessing the language/api isn't going to be as complex as you think. I remember an old game where you "programmed" mining robots with really simple routines. There are a few very simple flash games like that too.

I'm not going by a guess, I'm going by what he's said about it. It's an emulated 16-BIT CPU. It is programmed like you would program any 16-BIT computer. That might be "simple" by today's standards, but that's only for someone that can already code. It's about as niche as it gets for a 'game'.

At its lowest level. I still think there will be a ship api for simple interactions. Probably one that will be expanded by those with the programming knowledge to do so.

_homePlanet = (13434, -1242, -2324)
Ship.Target(_homePlanet)
Ship.Throttle = 90
Ship.OpenBayDoor

etc.

I'm expecting it to be complex if you want it to be, easy if you want it to be, or no programming at all if you want to just use the shareable pieces created by other players.

Fair enough, and it's not like it's a bad idea. I'm curious to see the other game systems he comes up with, though. For me that will determine if I actually spend any cash on it. Frankly I think he's showing it off way too early.

39. Re: Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions Nov 30, 2012, 14:36 Beelzebud

I love how if people disagree with someone, they are "entitled". We're just having a discussion. You're the one acting like a baby.  

36. Re: Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions Nov 30, 2012, 14:15 Beelzebud

Sepharo wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 23:26:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 22:54:
The .01% of the audience that can program the computer will love it. I'm sorry, but just "whipping up" an emulator that plays games, or making navigational software for flying the ship isn't going to be something a lot of people are going to be able to do. Seems like a pretty tiny niche audience to go after.

I'm guessing the language/api isn't going to be as complex as you think. I remember an old game where you "programmed" mining robots with really simple routines. There are a few very simple flash games like that too.

I'm not going by a guess, I'm going by what he's said about it. It's an emulated 16-BIT CPU. It is programmed like you would program any 16-BIT computer. That might be "simple" by today's standards, but that's only for someone that can already code. It's about as niche as it gets for a 'game'.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround
15. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 13:40 Beelzebud

Show some self control and stop buying their games. How many times are they going to do this shit before people take a hint?  

10. Re: Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions Nov 29, 2012, 22:54 Beelzebud

I guess we'll have to see how the rest of the game fleshes out, if it all, because right now there is nothing that I would pay a subscription fee for.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Nov 29, 2012, 02:42 Beelzebud

Kosumo wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 23:02:
What are you guys on about? I'm sure this will be a great game worth the price, I sure it will be on the best digital download service yet soon for a sweet price.

Pirate Bay is good like that.

Puke Outtahere

Lame

News Comments > Gollop on X-COM Remake
23. Re: Gollop on X-COM Remake Nov 28, 2012, 15:22 Beelzebud

It really is a great game. Is it perfect? Nope, but neither was the original. I'm happy to see it be a success, because we've heard a lot of talk recently about how turn-based games with isometric camera angles are "no fun" and no one wants to play them. This game helped prove to the "AAA" publishers that all of that talk was bullshit.

I can't help it, but just imagine if Fallout 3 had been done in this style, like the original games.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
23. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 15:13 Beelzebud

It's a free online game. It's their playground, and their rules.

Don't like it? Buy a game that allows modding and move on.

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Details Coming "Very Soon"
7. Re: Diablo III PvP Details Coming Nov 28, 2012, 00:46 Beelzebud

"Fuck that loser." --Jay Wilson  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
6. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Nov 27, 2012, 13:03 Beelzebud

They went with Random Events, because random maps was too hard for them.

With all the money they rake in, it's pretty pathetic seeing the state this game is in.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
2. Re: Diablo III Patched Nov 27, 2012, 12:57 Beelzebud

Wish in one hand and shit in the other. See which one fills up first.

I'm just amazed that after all this time there is still no PVP or ladders in the game. Again, wish in one hand, shit in the other...

News Comments > No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer
27. Re: No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Nov 26, 2012, 14:19 Beelzebud

Cyant wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 13:16:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 13:12:
My statement wasn't clear, but that's why I referenced "this isn't 1998 anymore". I never once felt the urge to play SS2 on multiplayer, even though it was available.

Your loss because it's awesome... We played it again recently (earlier this year) good times. Oh wait you need friends to play with you... I guess that's why you never tried it

Yeah it's a great loss in life that I'll never recover from. I wish I had some friends to turn to, but sadly I do not.

I love the internet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2012, 13:16 Beelzebud

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 12:43:
Helf, re your question yesterday about Dishonored so far. I'm enjoying it but it's not blowing me away or anything. The environments are great but it's all a bit formulaic and predictable. I find the story wanting. It's just not as engaging as games like DX, Thief, Bioshock. It's also seems like it's pretty short as I think there are 7 acts and I've already burned through 5 - and that's exploring and doing the sneaky/low kill thing too. It was worth the $20 IMo but I'd have been miffed if I paid more for it.

That's pretty much how I felt about it. It's a nice looking game, but it just didn't suck me in like other games have. It is a bit on the short side too. Frankly I'll take less detailed huge games, than highly detailed short games. Last year I replayed Deus Ex, which was made in 1999. In 13 years, I doubt I'll even remember Dishonored.

19. Re: No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Nov 26, 2012, 13:12 Beelzebud

PropheT wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 13:10:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 12:25:
I never once wanted a MP mode for Bioshock, or System Shock 2 for that matter, so I don't see the point to having one in this.

System Shock 2 had multiplayer. I played through the majority of the game co-op on a LAN.

My statement wasn't clear, but that's why I referenced "this isn't 1998 anymore". I never once felt the urge to play SS2 on multiplayer, even though it was available.

13. Re: No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Nov 26, 2012, 12:25 Beelzebud

I never once wanted a MP mode for Bioshock, or System Shock 2 for that matter, so I don't see the point to having one in this.

It isn't 1998. Thinking you have to tack on deathmatch to every first person shooter is archaic at this point. Focus on making a great single player campaign. People who want to play an online shoot-em-up, have plenty of other options.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale Day Four
18. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:54 Beelzebud

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 17:45:
In case anyone doesn't have SPAZ, I'd highly recommend it, even if you don't normally like space games. It is a bit rough around the edges being a low budget indie but it is ridiculously addictive and fun nonetheless.

I hope to see a sequel with more depth soon from these guys.

I'll second SPAZ. It's a really fun little game. I got it on a sale months ago, and sunk about 60 hours in to it. It's worth the money, for sure.

914 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo