Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 924 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 13, 2013, 13:54 Beelzebud

Funny how much can change in 2 years. 2 years ago many supposedly wise people were predicting that Zynga was "the future of PC gaming", and were proclaiming that gaming on a PC would forever be the domain of grandma playing Farmville on Facebook.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 11, 2013, 20:46 Beelzebud

It's easy to bash CliffyB, but what I think will be interesting is to see is what Epic does post-CliffyB. Say what you want about him, but he delivered successful games for Epic for nearly 20 years. When the Unreal games took a nosedive was when he stopped working on them. Frankly I think that's why PC gamers hate him, above all else.

Annoyances about his personality aside, I'm not sure Epic has anyone that can fill his shoes. They have some solid artists and level builders, but I don't see any great designers. It's like id Software without John Romero around.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans
12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 18:48 Beelzebud

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 16:59:
Trevellian wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 16:06:
Gas Bandit wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 12:56:
Hope they do something about the game crashing every 1.5 hours on win XP. I rather like this game.

Hah, you're lucky the game even runs on XP. I don't blame them for not supporting it one bit. Quit being stubborn and upgrade to Win7 already.

That's like bringing gun control or religion into an argument. Neither of you will convince the other.

It's more like trying to talk to a creationist about the theory of evolution, actually. XP is 11 years old, ffs, there is no good reason to continue using it.

News Comments > TERA Going Free-to-Play Next Month
5. Re: TERA Going Free-to-Play Next Month Jan 9, 2013, 14:16 Beelzebud

I really don't think the the monthly fee model is dead. The problem is that no one has been approaching it intelligently.

Is your game going to be a "wow-killer"? If you're asking that question, you're in it for the wrong reasons. Don't shoot for WoW.

Shoot for "the game is fun, fills a niche, and remains profitable because we didn't sink tens of millions into development".

MMOs before WoW were successful with a fraction of the player base, because they were designed intelligently, and not looked at like the goose that laid the golden egg.

Fill a niche, don't try to take over the world.

News Comments > Half-Life Prototype Footage
7. Re: Half-Life Prototype Footage Jan 9, 2013, 14:13 Beelzebud

Am I the only one that wishes they'd release this demo just to play around in? I love seeing little pieces of gaming history like this.  

News Comments > Steam Linux Stats - Linux Console This Year?
9. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 6, 2013, 15:43 Beelzebud

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 14:41:
Am I supposed to be excited by this? My guess is they are going to have some super wrapper that makes Win games run on their version of Unix?

They aren't going to be using Unix, because it would be costly to license the code. Linux was based on the fundamental concepts of Unix, but they have diverged greatly over the years.

News Comments > Steam Sale Encore This Weekend
19. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 20:41 Beelzebud

fawker wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:38:
Encore? Hmm, sales a little flat from all the lackluster repeating offers?

You're actually bitching about a sale?

News Comments > THQ Investors Call Shenanigans
25. Re: THQ Investors Call Shenanigans Jan 4, 2013, 13:11 Beelzebud

Par for the course for modern corporate/wall street behavior.

No one gives a shit about long-term investments, and building a company that will last a hundred years. They all seem to think it's a get rich quick scheme, which it is for many. What they don't care to notice is the trail of wreckage they're leaving behind in the countries that made their success possible.

THQ and their shareholders would have dick without the talent that made games, but the talent will be the first ones they screw over.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Jan 4, 2013, 02:21 Beelzebud

Patience pays off again. Scored Gods and Kings, and the GOTY upgrade for Civ5 for $13 and some change. Not bad at all.  

News Comments > AoE Online Content Development Ceasing
3. Re: AoE Online Content Development Ceasing Jan 4, 2013, 02:20 Beelzebud

Posted in wrong thread...  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in March?
16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in March? Jan 1, 2013, 03:28 Beelzebud

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 19:14:
The problem with Watch Dogs is Far Cry 3. What was shown at E3 in Far Cry 3 was nothing (at least visually) compared to the release version.

As for GTA 4, I will agree that Rockstar's Club and GFWL was a mess, but if you look at all the extra settings that the PC version got over the consoles I don't see how it's a shitty port.

Also how is LA Noire a shitty port as well? Looks good, plays good, just lacks multiplayer and side things to do in the game.
\

It's a shitty port because you can take all of those fancy graphics settings, and set it at the lowest setting, and the game will show it isn't using a fraction of your memory, and you load up a game and it still plays like a slideshow from Assville.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in March?
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in March? Dec 31, 2012, 15:41 Beelzebud

After GTA4 I just can't seem to get excited about another GTA game. Hopefully they optimize their engine this time around.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2012, 01:04 Beelzebud

Umbragen wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 16:05:
Since GRRM decided it was OK to kill off Jon Snow, I thought it was good idea to torrent his HBO crap. Fuck you Martin.

No fuck you for the spoiler.

News Comments > Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg
34. Re: Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg Dec 22, 2012, 15:13 Beelzebud

It worked so well for Diablo 3!  

News Comments > Project GODUS Funded
11. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 13:31 Beelzebud

Nothing separates as easily as a gamer and their money.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 21, 2012, 02:18 Beelzebud

Wow, a surcharge for condoned stalking. Way to go Facebook.  

News Comments > God Mode Announced
7. Re: God Mode Announced Dec 20, 2012, 20:50 Beelzebud

So "god mode" is now a trademarked property...  

News Comments > Steam for Linux Beta Opens
20. Re: Steam for Linux Beta Opens Dec 20, 2012, 14:03 Beelzebud

They do it already. Anyone making Playstation 3 games or Nintendo games (or even phone games) are using OpenGL already, and as people have pointed out, porting from DX to OGL isn't even the hardest part of porting, it's actually dealing with the sound layer.

The biggest roadblock to porting a game to Linux is if it's like UT3, and relies on some expensive library that the owners won't allow to be redistributed.

News Comments > Steam for Linux Beta Opens
18. Re: Steam for Linux Beta Opens Dec 20, 2012, 03:37 Beelzebud

Nice to see this happening. Right now I've nearly got it running in Slackware, just have to recheck my libraries when I get some time to tinker with it. I had Ubuntu set up, and it was trivial to get it all running there. With an AMD HD5770 I was running TF2 at full speed as long as I turned anti-aliasing off. The only other Steam game I had that had a Linux client working in beta was Space Pirates and Zombies, and it worked with no problems at all.

Confirmed working on Slackware by me late last night. I got Steam installed and running, and Space Pirates and Zombies plays flawlessly. I get an error in TF2 when I try to launch it, but it was late and I was done troubleshooting for the night. I'll get it running.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 14:04.

News Comments > Diablo III Bot Bans
5. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 18, 2012, 23:33 Beelzebud

That's nice and all but they're about 6 months too late. The damage has been done, and no sane player can possibly hope to farm enough gold to compete with the bot farms.

They dropped the ball on nearly every aspect of this game.

It was pretty astounding watching how they reacted to the "fuck that loser" fiasco, patting each other on the back for having 'the best selling PC game', as if their team of unknowns had anything to do with the Diablo brand. Well given the nature of gamers, I'm sure they'll find plenty of suckers to buy an expansion, but they can count me out.

924 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo