Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 926 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Classic Free on Steam
4. Re: Shadow Warrior Classic Free on Steam Jun 1, 2013, 15:48 Beelzebud

I read that they tried to do a give-away on Facebook, and someone managed to hack them and steal a steam key list with 50,000 keys for the game on it. So the company holding the license decided to just make it free for all.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
19. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 30, 2013, 12:10 Beelzebud

Optional Nickname! wrote on May 30, 2013, 11:27:
Not one comment on the fact that current Nvidia drivers will not install unless you have an active internet connection.

That the drivers use .NET or install the 'GeForce Experience' is not a rebuttal. Some platforms already have a .NET install and as well might not wish to install the optional non-driver items.

SimCity was boycotted for its online requirements, Microsoft is losing its fan-base due to its online requirements of Xbox and now Nvidia is following right behind them starting with this absurdity.

I'll wager honest money, gentle reader, that you were not aware of the on-line requirement. Nvidia didn't seem to inform any of us prior. Try installing the drivers offline, see what happens. Not recommended.

I'll wager honest money, gentle reader, that no one gives a shit because they had to be online to download the driver in the first place. Going by that logic I could say my Linux install requires Online Only requirements to update itself.

News Comments > Linux Legend Of Grimrock Released
2. Re: Linux Legend Of Grimrock Released May 29, 2013, 01:14 Beelzebud

I haven't had a great deal of time to test it out, but it seemed to run fine for me on Arch Linux. It appears that the Workshop is available too. Very nice.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
30. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 29, 2013, 01:12 Beelzebud

Agent.X7 wrote on May 29, 2013, 00:50:
Juzzam wrote on May 28, 2013, 23:25:
This is a classic Blizzard move.

Right. Anybody remember Starcraft: Ghost or Thrall's Tale? No, because they almost finished them and shitcanned them both.

And the Diablo 3 version that Blizzard North was making before their exodus.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 15:23 Beelzebud

I bought Borderlands 2 for 13.50, and have already gotten my money's worth. Gearbox should just stick to making Borderlands games. It's obvious that it is where their passion lies.

You set Borderlands 2 next to Duke Nukem Forever or Alien Colonial Marines, and I would never guess the same developer was responsible for all 3.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Community Patch
10. Re: Team Fortress 2 Community Patch May 18, 2013, 16:36 Beelzebud

It's cute watching the "cool kids" bash TF2 because it's still popular, and being worked on, 6 years after release.

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
40. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 18:50 Beelzebud

People keep bringing up an expansion. Here is all I'm going to say about an expansion for Diablo 3:

The RMAH should have paid for one 10 times over again, and they really have completely lost touch if they plan on charging for an expansion, while making who-knows how much money on their RMAH.

It's like they get subscription fees for not adding any content, and it seems like some people would be fine with paying them for an expansion. Wake up!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Support
3. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Support May 10, 2013, 17:58 Beelzebud

Also of note is that Half Life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2, and Lost Coast were all released for Linux.  

News Comments > Sun Setting on Silicon Knights?
12. Re: Sun Setting on Silicon Knights? May 10, 2013, 16:18 Beelzebud

That lawsuit was utterly clueless. It's hard to claim the Unreal engine sucks when you have so many examples of not only successful games, but critically acclaimed games that came one after another.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Foul-up
32. Re: Diablo III Auction House Foul-up May 8, 2013, 19:38 Beelzebud

Mr. Tact wrote on May 8, 2013, 18:54:
Oh and it's only appropriate for me to say again, that I would REALLY like to know how much money Blizzard has actually made off the RMAH. Something we are unlikely to ever learn...

Not only that but it won't stop them from also charging for expansions. With a RMAH any expansions should be free, because the game is paying for itself.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
3. Re: Diablo III Patched May 7, 2013, 22:54 Beelzebud

I just find it so frustrating, because i've always loved Diablo games, and the actual game play on this one is not bad at all.

They just completely lost the thread when they decided to tune everything around the damned auction houses.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
1. Re: Diablo III Patched May 7, 2013, 21:03 Beelzebud

So I figured 'what the hell, I'll try this out', after not playing for a few months.

I log in, and see the auction house is down. I look at general chat and people are talking about a gold dupe. I go to the forum, and yep, there was a gold dupe live after the patch went up. Go to sell money on the ah, cancel it, and it would give you double back.

Yep, that corporate merge with Activision really worked out well for them. I'm glad they made Diablo 3 online-only to stop things like dupes from happening. Might have worked if their programmers and testers weren't dupes.

News Comments > Evening Patches
8. Re: Evening Patches May 7, 2013, 03:48 Beelzebud

Dev wrote on May 6, 2013, 21:50:
- Added rate-limiting of Steam game downloads, via Settings -> Downloads

Only took them what, 10 years?

I know right? Nothing pisses me off more than downloading games fast.

News Comments > EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights
37. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 7, 2013, 00:34 Beelzebud

The Bioware that made KOTOR doesn't exist anymore.  

News Comments > Bethesda's New Tease
18. Re: Bethesda's New Tease May 6, 2013, 18:16 Beelzebud

Bethesda's viral marketing is as deep as their plot-lines.  

News Comments > Linux Portal and Portal 2
1. Re: Linux Portal and Portal 2 May 3, 2013, 20:08 Beelzebud

Portal came out yesterday, and today Left4Dead 2 came out. No Portal 2.  

News Comments > Epic Citadel on the Web
1. Re: Epic Citadel on the Web May 2, 2013, 20:59 Beelzebud

This actually runs fairly well using Arch Linux, the latest standard version of Firefox, and an nvidia graphics card.  

News Comments > Valve Steampipe Conversions
4. Re: Valve Steampipe Conversions May 2, 2013, 15:04 Beelzebud

If nothing else it's worth it for the massively improved load times for the Linux version of TF2. It went from taking roughly 3-4 minutes to have the game ready to actually load the server browser, to taking under a minute. It seems like map changes go much quicker now as well.

Not sure about the Windows version, I've only played it on Linux since it came out.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock - Master Quest
6. Re: Legend of Grimrock - Master Quest Apr 25, 2013, 02:02 Beelzebud

Now if only they'd actually put the Linux version on Steam...  

News Comments > XCOM Shooter "Fresh Look" Reveal in "Days"
42. Re: XCOM Shooter Apr 24, 2013, 20:03 Beelzebud

I still find it lame that they're basically ripping off the 'black oil' from X-Files. Whatever though. They made Enemy Unknown, and as long as they keep making real strategy games I will just ignore the shooter.  

926 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo