Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 924 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month
2. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 3, 2013, 10:20 Beelzebud

The best thing about myself is that I'm very modest. --Minh Le  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Beta Concludes
1. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Beta Concludes Jul 2, 2013, 21:00 Beelzebud

I hope they fix the naming convention in Steam.

Currently the Linux client shows "Left 4 Dead 2 Beta" and "Left 4 Dead 2 (beta)", the "(beta)" one being the not-beta one...

News Comments > Broken Age Budget Tight: Steam Early Access Planned
2. Re: Broken Age Budget Tight: Steam Early Access Planned Jul 2, 2013, 20:58 Beelzebud

I think this is pretty a pretty shitty situation, myself. I mean these guys just completed another different kickstarter a few weeks ago. Can we expect them to not be able to plan their budget again?

It seems sort of shameless to pitch a Kickstarter for no planned game, take in more money than you ask for, go over budget, and then do another kickstarter before anyone knows the first one is over budget and seeking more funding...

I can see why publishers didn't want to work with these guys...

News Comments > Free Space Pirates and Zombies Weekend
1. Re: Free Space Pirates and Zombies Weekend Jun 28, 2013, 00:17 Beelzebud

I recommend it. It's almost like an action RPG, with a small fleet of ships instead of a hero character.  

News Comments > Todd Hollenshead Leaves id
30. Re: Todd Hollenshead Leaves id Jun 27, 2013, 13:49 Beelzebud

The only way id Software will ever get its mojo back is to re-hire John Romero, American McGee, and Brandon James, but that will never happen, so forget it.  

News Comments > Avellone: Kickstarter Inspiring Old School RPG Renaissance
9. Re: Avellone: Kickstarter Inspiring Old School RPG Renaissance Jun 25, 2013, 13:00 Beelzebud

It says a lot about the shortsighted stupidity of the people running the publishing houses. These are people that don't play games, don't care about them as art, and don't even understand them.

Is it really shocking news that it doesn't require 100 million dollars, and a generic Hollywood action movie style story, to make a successful game? FFS

But hey if they've finally awoken from their slumber, that's good news, I guess, but it's really sad that this would be news to these people.

News Comments > Dota 2 Beta Keys [Updated]
6. Re: Dota 2 No Longer Requires Beta Keys Jun 21, 2013, 12:52 Beelzebud

FWIW DOTA2 is a free to play game, so technically you do all own it.  

News Comments > Free Aliens: Colonial Marines
9. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 12:55 Beelzebud

Given the scam-like nature of mail-in rebates, and the fact that I've only ever gotten back about half of the ones I sent off for, I'll pass.  

News Comments > Valve Rumor Bonanza
17. Re: Valve Rumor Bonanza Jun 20, 2013, 01:59 Beelzebud

Ravenholm was one of my favorite parts about Half Life 2. That being said, I'm not sure how much mileage you could get out of an entire game based around it.  

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
32. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 19, 2013, 00:28 Beelzebud

Marketing bullshit.

Games either use Direct X, or Open GL. Both vendors will strive to fully support both APIs.

News Comments > DNF Royalties Lawsuit
9. Re: DNF Royalties Lawsuit Jun 13, 2013, 17:13 Beelzebud

This is like a competition to see who the biggest douche bag is.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2013, 02:08 Beelzebud

What's wrong with just having online games require the internet, and not crippling the console with always online DRM? I guess that's too simple.  

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion in 2014?
12. Re: Diablo III Expansion in 2014? Jun 12, 2013, 00:02 Beelzebud

Considering the RMAH brings in a constant flow of money, they're greedy assholes for charging for more content.  

News Comments > Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale
5. Re: Brave New World Jun 7, 2013, 00:25 Beelzebud

Yep I plan on getting the expansion as well. They've done good with Civ5 over time.  

News Comments > Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC
11. Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC Jun 6, 2013, 15:01 Beelzebud

Is it really too much to ask for a Symphony of the Night style game, but with a modern engine?  

News Comments > New Diablo III Game Director
11. Re: New Diablo III Game Director Jun 5, 2013, 23:58 Beelzebud

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 23:28:
s1mon75 wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 22:21:
Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 21:53:
The design itself shows the WoW pedigree and mentality. Constant fixes, tweaks, "enhancements", balancing, etc.

Sorry brother, but you aren't just describing Diablo ...

I work away for 2 weeks at a time, the moment I get home I have update Steam, CS, TF2, MWO, Winblows 7, antivirus, nvidia drivers and more.

This is modern PC gaming, deal with it
All of those update automatically but the nvidia drivers.

Even the newer nvidia driver has it's own 'check for updates' feature, that even lets you install beta drivers.

News Comments > DuckTales: Remastered for PC This Summer
12. Re: DuckTales: Remastered for PC This Summer Jun 5, 2013, 00:34 Beelzebud

I have a lot of fond memories of coming home from school and playing Duck Tales on the NES. That was a really great game.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Classic Free on Steam
17. Re: Shadow Warrior Classic Free on Steam Jun 2, 2013, 00:46 Beelzebud

SirKnight wrote on Jun 2, 2013, 00:27:
Rea1One wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 19:02:
This game is terrible, can't believe I used to think it was good soo many years ago.

Crazy talk.

I honestly, even today, think this game kicks modern FPS's asses. The level design and game-play is just so much better than what FPS's have devolved into.

Your glasses are extremely rose colored.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Classic Free on Steam
4. Re: Shadow Warrior Classic Free on Steam Jun 1, 2013, 15:48 Beelzebud

I read that they tried to do a give-away on Facebook, and someone managed to hack them and steal a steam key list with 50,000 keys for the game on it. So the company holding the license decided to just make it free for all.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
19. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 30, 2013, 12:10 Beelzebud

Optional Nickname! wrote on May 30, 2013, 11:27:
Not one comment on the fact that current Nvidia drivers will not install unless you have an active internet connection.

That the drivers use .NET or install the 'GeForce Experience' is not a rebuttal. Some platforms already have a .NET install and as well might not wish to install the optional non-driver items.

SimCity was boycotted for its online requirements, Microsoft is losing its fan-base due to its online requirements of Xbox and now Nvidia is following right behind them starting with this absurdity.

I'll wager honest money, gentle reader, that you were not aware of the on-line requirement. Nvidia didn't seem to inform any of us prior. Try installing the drivers offline, see what happens. Not recommended.

I'll wager honest money, gentle reader, that no one gives a shit because they had to be online to download the driver in the first place. Going by that logic I could say my Linux install requires Online Only requirements to update itself.

924 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo