Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beelzebud

Real Name Beelzebud   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2009, 19:33
Total Comments 888 (Graduate)
User ID 54955

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > First 5 Minutes of BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Trailered
7. Re: First 5 Minutes of BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Trailered Oct 8, 2013, 12:36 Beelzebud

Playing through Inifinte now, after getting it on sale. It seems weird that they don't know each other in this trailer, but I still have a ways to go on Infinite.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 14:36 Beelzebud

Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 14:25:
Couldn't pass up Infinite for 13 bucks.
Yep that was an insta-buy for me as well.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Prototype Details
12. Re: Steam Hardware Prototype Details Oct 4, 2013, 17:41 Beelzebud

Right now Valve is putting significant resources in SDL, Pulse Audio, and have lit a fire under nvidia and AMD's collective asses.

You may not have a reason to switch today, but I don't think Valve is doing this as a short-term strategy.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2013, 13:47 Beelzebud

I'm really starting to get tired of people trying to sell un-finished games. When the concept was new, and not many people did it, it didn't bug me, but now it seems like every other game that comes out isn't finished.

I was about to buy State of Decay until I noticed that it is not only a "work in progress" but that it only supports wired xbox 360 controllers. At least get keyboard and mouse working before you ask me for money on a PC platform...

News Comments > CLANG Kickstarter Goes Clunk
10. Re: CLANG Kickstarter Goes Clunk Sep 19, 2013, 23:40 Beelzebud

See there's that word "invest" again. Kickstarter donations are just that. You aren't investing in anything.  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
11. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 12:46 Beelzebud

There has never been a GTA game that didn't come out for PC. Why do people act like this is some mystery that needs cracking?  

News Comments > New BioWare Boss Named
6. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 12:56 Beelzebud

They should have made a Mass Effect MMO, and done something original with it involving the whole space flight element. Instead we got a Star Wars re-skin of WoW.  

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
26. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 13:28 Beelzebud

I predict that they milk the Homeworld franchise for every cent they can, and re-invest it back in to Borderlands 3, and its numerous DLC packs.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Survey & Linux
9. Re: Steam Hardware Survey & Linux Sep 4, 2013, 16:07 Beelzebud

Primalchrome wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 11:46:
Laugh. And Linux users still wonder why few companies want to make non-specialized software for the platform. Too much forking. Too many distros. No homogenized environment. Every Linux-primary desktop user I know feels like he's entitled to pirate all software. It's a personal affront if they have to pay for it.

That's a neat trick being able to talk out of your ass like that.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Coming to OS X and Linux
14. Re: Metro: Last Light Coming to OS X and Linux Aug 28, 2013, 14:26 Beelzebud

2nd_floor wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 14:24:
I think Valve could have done more for Linux.

By porting Steam, hiring the main SDL developer and paying him to work on it full time, working with vendors to fix driver bugs, and then porting their entire library to Linux, Valve has done more for Linux than any other game company in the past decade.

(SDL basically covers all the non-graphics things that are a part of Direct X like input, etc)

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Coming to OS X and Linux
13. Re: Metro: Last Light Coming to OS X and Linux Aug 28, 2013, 14:24 Beelzebud

It's so nice to see this surge in Linux popularity for games. I'm also looking forward to playing Natural Selection 2 this Friday on a native Linux client.

Another completely modern engine will see Linux in a couple of days!

News Comments > DayZ Delayed Again
13. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 12:40 Beelzebud

I've been tempted to buy Arma II a few times, just to try the mod, and then I remember that you play it with random people on the internet, and I lose interest.  

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in February 2014
2. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in February 2014 Aug 21, 2013, 23:38 Beelzebud

They need to make another game in same style as Symphony of the Night. That is still one of the best side-scroller games ever made.  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
35. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 12:33 Beelzebud

So let me get this straight. They still have not finished all of the features they promised people before Diablo 3 shipped, but now they want to charge extra for them, while still raking in money from the RMAH?

Yep, I'm completely done with Blizzard products. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Confirmed?
28. Re: GTA5 PC Confirmed? Aug 13, 2013, 12:27 Beelzebud

There is no reason to think that there won't be a PC version at some point. Rockstar have never skipped PC for a GTA game. The GTA series started on PC.

Why is it that some people ignore the fact that most of their games have PC versions, and only 1 high profile game of theirs doesn't?

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
47. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 22:14 Beelzebud

Well the simple fact is that people managed to develop video games just fine without the use of Twitter right up until 2006. It's not necessary, and if you only find grief on it, why use it. It's not a valid excuse to close a company.

Billions of people deal with stress every single day at work. Grow up and deal with it. At least he has the option of just not using Twitter, or other social media. Most people are just stuck with a shitty boss, co-workers, etc.

You give that guy a standard office job, or better yet manual labor, working for a boss who doesn't give a shit about your feelings, and he'll be begging to go back to working for himself making video games.

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
36. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 19:50 Beelzebud

shihonage wrote on Jul 28, 2013, 15:52:
I love the drama. It's like Derek Smart is alive again.

Wait, Derek Smart is still alive, isn't he.

Derek Smart.

Derek Smart could roll with the punches and serve up some funny zingers himself. He never acted like a whiner.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released
9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released Jul 23, 2013, 19:12 Beelzebud

Taskeen wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 18:15:
Nighthawk wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 17:47:
The final commitment, now this game can slip quietly out of existance, kinda like Hicks between the movies.... (although, didn't they find his pod to have been sabotaged or something?)

Hicks and Newt died when the pod crashed. That's the official story, not Gearbox's Fan Fiction. The face hugger fucked up all the shit in pod with its acid.

Yeah the idea that this should be taken as the "real story" is laughable. Sorry Gearbox. Stick to Borderlands, as its obvious it's what you care about.

News Comments > Dota 2 for OS X and Linux Released
1. Re: Dota 2 for OS X and Linux Released Jul 19, 2013, 13:20 Beelzebud

It runs flawless on my Arch Linux install. Now if only I could see what's in the game that makes so many people go nuts over it.  

News Comments > Epic Working on AAA Shooter
37. Re: Epic Working on AAA Shooter Jul 13, 2013, 02:22 Beelzebud

ldonyo wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 16:58:
What else would Epic be working on? All they do are shooters and all their shooters are "AAA", if you define AAA as exceedingly expensive with a very long development cycle followed by numerous non-free add-ons. These were once called expansions back when they were longer and actually added something meaningful to the game they were a part of.

Epic has a lot of aspects about them to complain about, but paid DLC isn't one of them. Let's not forget that every single UT game, including UT3, got a very sizable update for free, that would easily be paid DLC these days. When it comes to Gears, no one gets to put out free DLC on Xbox Live.

888 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo