Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Acknowledges Diablo III Item Duping
32. Re: Blizzard Acknowledges Diablo III Item Duping Mar 27, 2013, 08:49 RollinThundr

Krovven wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 22:05:
Denthor wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 21:39:
It's no different from any other exploits which later get patched out. Those that exploit early and often generally reap the rewards of doing so.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Duping is cheating period. Weren't you the one going on and on about the forced online only being to prevent cheats and the like? Yeah so glad that turned out exactly how all the nay sayers said it would.

You defended a turd of a game and are still defending it. Well done blizzard zealot #1321.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite
50. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 26, 2013, 18:05 RollinThundr

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 18:00:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 17:54:
That seems centered on PC Gamer and Edge magazine rather than publishers. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it was a serious question because I see the comment of "paid review" tossed around enough that I was curious as to whether or not there was actual proof.

Have you ever heard of Jeff Gerstmann http://tinyurl.com/84mjx3e

Oh man that's right I forgot about the whole Kane and Lynch thing and Gertsmann leaving gamespot to start giantbomb. I'd be interested to know what publisher push back is though, what exactly that entails. Does it mean less advertisements bought if a game doesn't score a certain way? Etc? Again not trying to dismiss it, it certainly wouldn't surprise me that it happens.

48. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 26, 2013, 17:54 RollinThundr

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 17:25:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 15:38:
That depends was Bioshock advertised on any of their sites? Then yes they got paid for advertisements. Has it ever actually been proven that publishers pay for game reviews?
Take it or leave it as you wish.

That seems centered on PC Gamer and Edge magazine rather than publishers. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it was a serious question because I see the comment of "paid review" tossed around enough that I was curious as to whether or not there was actual proof.

37. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 26, 2013, 15:38 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 15:13:
Darks wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:11:

It defiantly deserves many of those high rated scores itís been getting. 9.6 Without a doubt.

So, IGN WASN'T bought and paid for?

That depends was Bioshock advertised on any of their sites? Then yes they got paid for advertisements. Has it ever actually been proven that publishers pay for game reviews?

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 26, 2013, 14:22 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:50:
Ratty wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:46:
vrok wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:32:
Checkpoint system combined with resurrection drives me nuts.
So what does that mean, checkpoint system? And why does it suck? By resurrection do you mean something like the old Vita chamber system? No way to turn it off?

I was going to wait for the price to come down but goddamit if I don't have a stinkin 4-day weekend coming up.

You can't freely save, the game checkpoints periodically (not often enough in some cases and too often in others). I got locked out of a sidequest since it checkpointed me past a story point, no clue if I'll be able to return. Not the end of the world but annoying. On the flipside I quit last night and lost a good 15 mins of progress since it hadn't autosaved lately.

The resurrection functionality is still there but you're brought back through your old office that is actually a tear in the...nevermind its silly even explaining it It's basically the same thing.

Using 1999 mode supposedly disables the resurrection system (I haven't tried this yet), I can't remember if you can disable it in the options for the other difficulties though. Although personally I don't think it matters much because the difference between the resurrection system and a game over screen are the same - some loading.

So you haven't tried 1999 mode but it sucks according to your previous post. I've only played about a half hour so far but between all the good impressions and high review scores, it sounds like a fantastic game.

News Comments > Op Ed
158. Re: Op Ed Mar 25, 2013, 10:09 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 09:40:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 09:21:
You'd do the same after the 10 time being called racist when your post has zero to do with white or black, for the sole reason of not being afraid to have a opinion that isn't PC or popular.

That martyr complex and constant passing of the buck sure screams common sense and responsibility to me.

More so disappointment at just how spoiled and entitled people are. No martyr complex about it. Trillons in debt and liberals are more worried about free birth control and marriage rights.

News Comments > Op Ed
155. Re: Op Ed Mar 25, 2013, 09:21 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 09:15:
Why should I or anyone else explain anything to you? You've shown a remarkable propensity to ignore what people are saying and try to turn every topic into your own soap box for your vague rants based off tidbits from the telly. I would sooner explain my problems with economic policy to my dog, he would at least sit patiently and listen.

You'd do the same after the 10 time being called racist when your post has zero to do with white or black, for the sole reason of not being afraid to have a opinion that isn't PC or popular.

I believe in common sense and fiscal responsibility. Not my problem if that offends the entitlement whores.

News Comments > Op Ed
153. Re: Op Ed Mar 25, 2013, 09:10 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 08:48:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 08:10:
When you go on a rant saying the GOP is losing all these votes and they're out of touch so to speak. Which side of the aisle would you think someone is on?

Wrong again about my post being about social issues. That's rich, apparently the only criticism can come from an outside party that is diametrically opposed to the GOP. Keep on polarizing you winner Rolleyes

Explain to me then what it is they're so out of touch on. You do understand that we can't keep spending the way we are into prosperity? I would think getting a handle on the economy should be job 1 no?

News Comments > Op Ed
151. Re: Op Ed Mar 25, 2013, 08:10 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Mar 24, 2013, 21:53:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 24, 2013, 21:14:
You were referring to social injustices, at least that's what I read it as. Fact of the matter is, realistically dems don't care about you either, they just pretend to.

You read it wrong, then proceeded to lump me into an entirely different political group and go on an idiotic rant. That's what the 'fact of the matter ' is little bucket. Maybe you should make less assumptions about other peoples political affiliations and actually have a foundation for your own before ratcheting your head on the keyboard and hitting the submit button.

When you go on a rant saying the GOP is losing all these votes and they're out of touch so to speak. Which side of the aisle would you think someone is on?

And what do people think the GOP is out of touch on? Social issues. At the end of the day social issues won't matter when we're completely broke. And we're close to it now. So enjoy I guess.

News Comments > Op Ed
149. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2013, 21:14 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Mar 24, 2013, 18:11:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 24, 2013, 12:37:
It was used as an example, you guys tend to focus on social issues and move them to the forefront. Stop being butthurt for being called on it.

No, you just didn't comprehend what I was talking about and reverted to Robot Parrot Mode. You weren't even clever enough to deduce what my political leaning is, let alone where I land on social issues. You should stick to repeating what you hear on the news and stop making assumptions about what the adults are discussing that is obviously over your head.

You were referring to social injustices, at least that's what I read it as. Fact of the matter is, realistically dems don't care about you either, they just pretend to.

News Comments > Op Ed
147. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2013, 12:37 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 16:25:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 12:39:
Redmask wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 12:01:
Requiring ID for elections will make no real difference to the Republican party, they have been losing ground in most voter blocks regardless because they're a party preaching ignorance, anti-choice and exclusion. Let them change the voter laws, they are going to keep losing until they adopt some humane principles and start to recognize that freedom is about more than being able to spend your money.

See this is the shit that bothers me, is that we have Americans that are so more worried about if gays can be recognized by the state as a married couple, rather than fixing the debt issue and our economy. We keep going down the road we are it won't matter who can marry, because we'll be so fucking broke as a country social issues won't matter.

You liberals really have this habit of putting the cart before the horse. Not that social issues don't have a level of importance, but it's the only thing you folks seem to even be concerned with, voter integrity and legitimate elections are just not important, Making sure billy and bobby can marry though end of the world important! Makes no god damn sense.

You need work on your reading comprehension skills, I didn't say anything about gay marriage but thanks for your long, dumb rant that pretty much proves everything said about you in this thread. Go ahead, read that post and quote where I said anything about gay marriage. This is the part where you ignore what you just posted and try to change the subject. This seems to be a tactic of yours in general though, people bring things up, you change the subject to some slanted rant, accuse everyone of being a liberal and then pontificate more shit you've absorbed from the telly. You don't have a single original thought of your own, everything is bits and pieces from other sources and I have yet to see you actually answer any challenges to your positions, you just change the goalposts and hide behind incensed rants.

It was used as an example, you guys tend to focus on social issues and move them to the forefront. Stop being butthurt for being called on it.

News Comments > Op Ed
143. Re: Op Ed Mar 23, 2013, 12:39 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 12:01:
Requiring ID for elections will make no real difference to the Republican party, they have been losing ground in most voter blocks regardless because they're a party preaching ignorance, anti-choice and exclusion. Let them change the voter laws, they are going to keep losing until they adopt some humane principles and start to recognize that freedom is about more than being able to spend your money.

See this is the shit that bothers me, is that we have Americans that are so more worried about if gays can be recognized by the state as a married couple, rather than fixing the debt issue and our economy. We keep going down the road we are it won't matter who can marry, because we'll be so fucking broke as a country social issues won't matter.

You liberals really have this habit of putting the cart before the horse. Not that social issues don't have a level of importance, but it's the only thing you folks seem to even be concerned with, voter integrity and legitimate elections are just not important, Making sure billy and bobby can marry though end of the world important! Makes no god damn sense.

News Comments > Defiance Beta Event Underway
7. Re: Defiance Beta Event Underway Mar 23, 2013, 12:27 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 03:09:
Really? I thought it was hella lame.
People have different tastes than you. Shocking I know. Enjoying this, it's no AAA title, but it's pretty fun.

News Comments > Maxis on SimCity: "In many ways, we built an MMO"
46. Re: Maxis on SimCity: Mar 21, 2013, 17:50 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 12:17:
nin wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 17:50:
In far more interesting news, both Anno2070 and Tropico 4 are fantastic games, and FAR more deserving of your money than this latest EA fuck-up.

I've stumbled across this guys 8 hour guide, if anyone's interested...

Yeah, his stuff is great. He does a better job at explaining how to play the game than the game itself does.

I've gotten pretty good at it now. Finishing up the campaign, then it's on to a continual game and a monument.

The one thing I wish they'd cut from the game is the ultra-rudimentary RTS bits. They're just boring, and they feel out of place.

Creston

Wait.. How many post decrying this game and EA have you made over the past two weeks and you went and bought it anyway? FFS Creston.

News Comments > Op Ed
141. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 17:45 RollinThundr

Quboid wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:42:
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing effort isn't the problem with low income voters, more the cost.

having voter ID wouldn't hurt the GOP anyway just the democrats

Exactly.

I bet it's not just her too, I'd be amazed if it was. It's sure to be quite a few others, from both parties. Fighting voter fraud, be it individuals voting several times or one of the two parties trying to fix whole states should be cracked down on, but if you put a price on voting, you exclude the poor. That's useful to the party of the rich, but it's not democratic.

(PS: I changed my previous comment when I realised I might not have answered your point, sorry to confuse things.)

Hey I just want elections to be legit regardless of who wins. Unless we can think of a better way, I would think requiring photo ID would be the best solution.

News Comments > Op Ed
139. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 17:25 RollinThundr

Quboid wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:18:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:02:
Quboid wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 16:30:
Weasel wording is wording that's true, but leaves a false impression. Saying there was voting fraud in the 2 elections he won is true, but it implies that there wasn't voting fraud in other elections and that the voting fraud had the slightest jot of relevance.

The left is generally against it? Perhaps because it's totalitarian, more likely, as GOP officials have admitted, because it's designed to stop legitimate voters who have difficulty getting photo ID from voting - voters with low education and who don't speak English as a first language. Voters who overwhelmingly vote Democrat. That's voter fraud which could actually make a difference. Why haven't they been made accountable?

Edit: I see you've now moved the goal posts from photo ID to absentee ballots. Handy.

LOL you need a picture ID for a ton of day to day shit as is. Don't give me the flimsy it's "too hard to get one" excuse. That's the biggest bowl of bullshit. If you can't make the effort to stand in line at the DMV for an hour or less, then you don't fucking deserve the right to vote.

Voting law opponents contend these laws disproportionately affect elderly, minority and low-income groups that tend to vote Democratic. Obtaining photo ID can be costly and burdensome, with even free state ID requiring documents like a birth certificate that can cost up to $25 in some places. According to a study from NYU's Brennan Center, 11 percent of voting-age citizens lack necessary photo ID while many people in rural areas have trouble accessing ID offices. (source)

So you're telling me the elderly have gone through life without a legitimate ID? You're telling me low income groups can't make the fucking effort to get an ID? They certainly have no issue getting an EBT card. It's fucking bullshit brother.

News Comments > Op Ed
138. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 17:22 RollinThundr

Quboid wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:18:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:02:
Weasel wording is wording that's true, but leaves a false impression. Saying there was voting fraud in the 2 elections he won is true, but it implies that there wasn't voting fraud in other elections and that the voting fraud had the slightest jot of relevance.

The left is generally against it? Perhaps because it's totalitarian, more likely, as GOP officials have admitted, because it's designed to stop legitimate voters who have difficulty getting photo ID from voting - voters with low education and who don't speak English as a first language. Voters who overwhelmingly vote Democrat. That's voter fraud which could actually make a difference. Why haven't they been made accountable?

Edit: I see you've now moved the goal posts from photo ID to absentee ballots. Handy.

LOL you need a picture ID for a ton of day to day shit as is. Don't give me the flimsy it's "too hard to get one" excuse. That's the biggest bowl of bullshit. If you can't make the effort to stand in line at the DMV for an hour or less, then you don't fucking deserve the right to vote.

Then why did the Republicans want it for this exact reason?

Dunno, though really having voter ID wouldn't hurt the GOP anyway just the democrats and their "low information voters"

Personally I think it just makes logical sense to have to begin with regardless of party affiliation. I'd like to feel comfort in knowing a president is elected without cheating be it a dem or a repub, or at the very least make it harder to do what that Ohio lady did. Because you know it's not just her I'm sure.

News Comments > Op Ed
136. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 17:11 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 16:39
But why would you ever critically think? It's easier to group everyone that disagrees with you together, ignore anything they say, and take any number that appears to support your argument as gospel.

No one EVER claimed that Florida was won due to voter fraud. They claimed voter mechanism malfunction. [/quote:

Says the guy that spouts the same ol liberal rhetoric over and over.

News Comments > Op Ed
135. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 17:02 RollinThundr

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2013, 17:15.

News Comments > Op Ed
132. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 16:24 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 16:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 16:08:
Quboid wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 15:42:
Why do lawmakers on the left want to reduce the availability of high power weapons? Gee, I don't know, maybe because people are being killed by them, in elementary schools, cimenas, amongst other places. What threat to them in the long run? Not much. Do you have a problem with politicians not acting out of self interest?

You're getting off topic there, but it's interesting that you consider being against requiring picture ID to be totalitarian. I'm sure the voter fraud (weasel wording again, not just his 2 wins but every election ever) made a big difference. Hilariously, that guy's almost definitely a Republican and certainly anti-gun control.

I don't, just that there's a lot of bills and efforts being made by this administration heading that way.

Having ID to vote should have been a law a long time ago. I wonder how many more people than that woman in Ohio who voted for Obama about 5 times, twice for herself and for other people. Why is the left against it? If you take voting seriously, and everyone should, than it shouldn't be so tough to get a picture id, most things we do in life need one anyway.

What else would you call it by the way with the term "weasel wording" wtf does that even mean? It's called being fucking accountable and following the law. What's bad about that?

That woman voted once in person and, possibly, 5 times via absentee ballot.

How do IDs prevent that? One woman claims she gave the other permission to use her vote. So even ID numbers don't prevent that.

Anyway, it isn't like those absentee ballots were counted, and voter fraud tends to be a huge myth. You know, like the fat, happy welfare queen.

Easy get rid of absentee ballots. Oh yeah Beamer it's just a myth, it was a myth in 2000 too when you all cried that Bush stole Florida No? Explain the county in Ohio that gave Obama 108% of the total people in that district. Why is the left against picture id? Simple, they'd lose a whole hell of a lot more elections.
In one county alone in Ohio, which was a battleground state, President Obama received 106,258 votes...but there were only 98,213 eligible voters. It's not humanly possible to get 108% of the vote!

What about the 52 districts in Philly and 9 in Ohio that had zero votes at all for Romney? No no fraud there, of course not.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo