Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall
4. Re: SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall Apr 9, 2013, 09:16 RollinThundr

This whole "we need to sell 5-6 million to be profitable" train is going to eventually crash the industry again.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2013, 10:31 RollinThundr

For 500 bucks it better give me a reach around. Not interested in a 500 dollar console that forces an always on connection like MS's NextBox is rumored to require.

And unless the next gen versions of NHL and Madden actually are next gen this time right away rather than the idea of rebooting both franchises again. I won't be getting a PS4 either.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 5, 2013, 13:19 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 12:31:
Verno wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 11:38:
The concept of a personal computer will continue for a long time, they just might not be a monolithic tower that sits in a corner of your house. All I care about is capability, if I can get a good form factor that is portable with most of the power I want then I'm happy either way, I don't give a shit what its labeled as.

And all they're talking about is form factor.

The desktop PC has been on life support for a while. People saying companies will continue using them are incorrect - companies are switching to laptops very rapidly.

The laptop, therefore will last longer. But it's dying, too.

There are better, more useful form factors.

The sky is falling PC is dying! Do you people ever get tired of proclaiming this every 5 years or so?

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Apr 5, 2013, 09:56 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 06:01:
I read some reviews by him and he was spot on about 50% of the time. Which is better than most critics. He was a proper better-than-thou douche though, and gave away a lot of spoilers which pissed me off to no end and is the main reason why I stopped reading his reviews.

Well he was a liberal, kinda fits with the whole better-than-thou douche attitude.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2013, 09:53 RollinThundr

.net_Drifter wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 06:35:
Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 19:26:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 16:05:
Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:36:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:15:
Tanto Edge wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 14:34:
And then Leno will Replace Fallon in 2015.
Carson's dead skeletal remains are funnier than both those hacks put together. Just sayin.

Yeah, I enjoyed watching Johnny a lot, but never cared for Leno or Letterman, and I hate Fallon and O'Brian.

Carson was great. Honestly even though I don't care for Letterman, I still think he should have originally gotten the Tonight Show, considering all the years he put in being the Late Show after Carson's show, and he was promised the Tonight Show when Carson retired.

Johnny Carson: King of Late Night is an amazing documentary from the American Masters series. Watch it if you haven't seen it. And yeah, there's one point where Carson shows up to do Dave's Top Ten list and show the suits that he wanted Dave to take over his show.

Carson I only slightly cared for, Leno . . . well, I liked his Headlines and Jay Walking, O'Brian did a pretty funny Clinton gag, not much else.
And Fallon. Oh god, do I dislike this guy. Cannot stand his brand of comedy, cannot stand his jokes, cannot stand his delivery. I honestly do not know how anyone can find him funny. Of all the people who could get the Tonight Show . . .

A lot of it for me is Carson was from that old guard of comedians, the Don Rickles and Dean Martin types, guys who were funny without swearing every other word of their set. Don't see that nowadays much.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2013, 18:51 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 17:19:
NegaDeath wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 16:48:
Roger Ebert passed away.

Two thumbs WAY up!

Creston

So he didn't think video games are art. Kinda harsh to cheer his death because of that.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2013, 16:05 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:36:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:15:
Carson's dead skeletal remains are funnier than both those hacks put together. Just sayin.

Yeah, I enjoyed watching Johnny a lot, but never cared for Leno or Letterman, and I hate Fallon and O'Brian.

Carson was great. Honestly even though I don't care for Letterman, I still think he should have originally gotten the Tonight Show, considering all the years he put in being the Late Show after Carson's show, and he was promised the Tonight Show when Carson retired.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2013, 15:15 RollinThundr

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2013, 13:37 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 11:58:
Yeah, but the problem with those sorts of headlights is they don't take into account oncoming traffic in the opposite lane. Fuck me if I haven't been blinded a million times driving at night because the car in the approaching lane and I meet at just the right rise/dip in the road and his ultra-bright halogens burn my eyeballs out of their sockets and sear the inside of my brain. Those things are fucking dangerous enough at is and Audi wants even brighter lights? Welp, I know who I'm suing when one causes me to have an accident.

Halogen headlights are actually one of my biggest pet peeves. Sure they're great for the driver of the car with them, everyone else is shit out of luck and fucking blind as shit with how bright the fucking things are.

TLDR: If you need Halogen bulbs to drive at night, you shouldn't be allowed to fucking drive.

News Comments > Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released
8. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 09:37 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 09:33:
Im also thinking that this source code release is timed too well to be a coincidence. Maybe they are already in talks with Disney about making another Jedi Knight game? I know wishful thinking, but how cool would that be....

It would be very cool at that. Kudos to Raven (who I didn't even realize still existed, didn't Singularity absolutely flop?)

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
53. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 17:16 RollinThundr

Orogogus wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 17:11:
Rattlehead wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 16:34:
Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 16:20:
Rattlehead wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 16:19:
Welp, there goes any hopes of a proper kotor sequel. Thanks Disney.

Uh... how so?

LucasArts didn't make them.
Because Disney is a shit company that like all the other swine of the industry sees no profit in traditional games anymore and believes all the money is in micro transactions, F2P and mobile games. I highly doubt they will give EA, Bioware or Obsidian the rights to another large production AAA game, especially on a scale of something like KoToR or ToR.

I truly believe the future of Star Wars games are the lego series, upcoming movie tie ins, and shit facebook games. You can kiss goodbye high production Star Wars games, because Disney doesn't believe in that kind of shit. Hell I don't even think we will SEE another Star Wars game until the next Abrahms movie is out.

What do you even know about Disney as a gaming company? I mean, what is any of this based on?

You must be new, Beamer thinks he knows everything about everything when it comes to the game industry.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 3, 2013, 14:04 RollinThundr

NKD wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 12:11:
Wow that DXHR trailer is like a retro 1990s cheese-fest. Nothing like the awesome stuff they produced for the real game. It's clear they realize this is going to sell like 10 copies.

What's more clear is how under powered the Wii U is. When companies like EA and Epic say a console isn't powerful enough, it's prolly accurate that the machine is an under powered pos.

News Comments > Activision Has King's Quest Plans?
13. Re: Activision Has King's Quest Plans? Apr 3, 2013, 13:18 RollinThundr

Orogogus wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 12:45:
I have to agree with Kajetan. The only reason this would have any effect on reputation is if there's a giant crowd of people throwing money at pure nostalgia. King's Quest is one of the weakest licenses in their stable, notwithstanding that it was their first game.

I could see the value in continuing the Quest for Glory or Gabriel Knight series. I could just about believe Space Quest and Leisure Suit Larry. But the King's Quest games were sorely lacking in any overarching storyline or themes, memorable characters or quality puzzles. Just make a point and click adventure game with castles and stuff in it, no need to buy a license.

But I guess there was enough of a base to make that fan-game that got foxed, so eh.

To be honest, nostalgia aside, Sierra's whole backlog is somewhat weak and niche to begin with. Gabriel Knight would flop in this day and age, pretty much any title in their backlog is a graphical adventure game often with puzzles, I just don't see those types of games as much as I loved them back then, selling to todays crowd.

Another Swat game if done with tactics in mind might do alright. But aside from that I'm not sure what they could really do. We're certainly not going to get another Starsiege mech game any time soon either.

48. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2013, 11:41 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 11:15:
Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 20:48:
So you love gratuitous violence for violence sake, huh? I guess you think things like Sandy Hook were amazing entertainment value then.

Weren't you participating in a football pool with the rest of us? A full contact sport that is no stranger to violence, both controlled and otherwise. Very hypocritical dude.

Well that's different because Cutter likes football but not hockey. The idea that anyone would compare a hockey fight to Sandy Hook in the first place speaks large volumes to one's level of common sense.

46. removed Apr 3, 2013, 09:58 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:42.

News Comments > Poker Night 2 Confirmed
2. Re: Poker Night 2 Confirmed Apr 3, 2013, 09:29 RollinThundr

ViRGE wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 09:07:
Half of me wonders what Brock Sampson is doing in a video game. Then the other half of me slaps the first half for even caring, since it's Patrick Warburton being a badass. Between those characters the one-liners are going to be a riot.

It's a shame they didn't get Bruce Cambell to voice Ash but having Brock's VA is gold.

10. Re: Activision Has King's Quest Plans? Apr 3, 2013, 08:44 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 08:41:
Golwar wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 07:53:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 04:55:
... why bother with such old crap only a few adventure fans from yesterday might be interested in?

I can tell you why: Because making a new Kings Quest is probably one of the most cost-effective ways to improve their reputation.
All that is required, is that Activision actually cares about its reputation.

They're sitting on a ton of good IPs they can milk for a lot more money. New Insterstate 76' would go over like freakin gangbusters!

Aside from the 30+ crowd of hardcore gamers, who else would even remember Interstate 76?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Defiance
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Defiance Apr 3, 2013, 08:25 RollinThundr

It's no AAA quality game, but it's fun if you're looking for a sci fi shooter that you can play with friends. A few of the guys I play MWO with snagged this and it was a pretty fun romp last night blowing shit up together.

Not sure where the "F2P" comments are coming from, it's already F2P, no sub.

8. Re: Activision Has King's Quest Plans? Apr 3, 2013, 08:19 RollinThundr

Kajetan wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 04:55:
Blatz wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 00:33:
Dev wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 23:00:
I doubt they will, regardless of what they told anyone.

Yup... more than likely the case. Just like how they are being knobs and hanging on to the Space Quest licence and doing nothing with it... and sending out cease and desists.
Yepp, why would Activision do something with Kings Quest? This is small and therefore uninterestng business to them. When your bread & butter game makes 1 billion dollar in only two weeks (CoD MW3) and your other division aka Blizzard makes hundreds of millions each fiscal quarter ... why bother with such old crap only a few adventure fans from yesterday might be interested in?

I think that goes for the rest of the Sierra catalog they acquired as well. SWAT 5? Yeah ok never gonna happen, any of the "Quest" line of games, also prolly not going to happen. I'm not sure why Vivendi just doesn't sell off all the Sierra IP, they're in need of money and we all know those IP's won't get touched anyway.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 15:12 RollinThundr

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 10:58:
Yes, I admit it -- I exaggerated. May the gods forgive me!

But just one drop the gloves and fight it out prior to a game opening face-off is enough for me to ridicule this activity pretty much endlessly. Until the NHL decides to start handing out serious penalties for the fights that do occur, I have no interest in watching it.

I can think of that happening about once in recent memory, a Boston/Dallas game a year or 2 back where there were 4 fights in 4 seconds of the first, but those 2 teams have a history and don't like each other, fighting isn't like it used to be in the 80's and early 90's.

The game is much faster these days without 2 line passes and obstruction calls being made more frequent. NHL'ers work harder than any other professional atheletes and make the least money for their troubles. If anything the sport is better now than it has been especially in the dead puck era of the 90's.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo