Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2013, 18:37 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 18:34:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 17:14:
Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 16:33:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 16:28:
That is some shitty news for Boston.
I don't understand why people do that sort of stuff.

Travel. See the shitty parts of the world that are a result of US imperialism and you'll get a much better idea. It's not like these people just wake up one day and decide they're going to go bomb the US because they're bored.

Yep it's the US fault the world hates us, yet asks for us to step in anytime anything happens anywhere in the world.

Really? And where are they asking for this? Vietnam? Iraq? Central America? South America? Must be nice in your little Fox bubble where America has never done anything but good in the world and everyone else is the problem. It's just such a nuisance when your resources turn up in their countries and you have to go take them by force.

Yes because I clearly said the US has never done wrong. You should really work more on your reading comprehension and less on the ad hom. Fact of the matter is, as much as it bothers you Cutter, the US is the world's police for better or worse. Haven't seen Canada step up to the plate lately on well, anything now that I think of it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2013, 17:30 RollinThundr

Jivaro wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 17:27:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 17:23:
Beamer wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 17:21:

Travel. See the shitty parts of the world that are a result of US imperialism and you'll get a much better idea. It's not like these people just wake up one day and decide they're going to go bomb the US because they're bored.

Yep it's the US fault the world hates us, yet asks for us to step in anytime anything happens anywhere in the world.

Well, I mean, the billions annually we paid dictatorships in the middle east really worked out well for us and is certainly something the people demanded.

Including all the money handed to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. We're funding our own enemies at this point. Still though, who's the first country called when shit goes down? It sure as shit ain't France.

Sure, but maybe we ought to stop answering the phone. Or at least start screening the calls.

Agreed, you can cut a ton of financial aid all over the place as well, it could be put to better use at home.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2013, 17:23 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 17:21:

Well, I mean, the billions annually we paid dictatorships in the middle east really worked out well for us and is certainly something the people demanded.

Including all the money handed to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. We're funding our own enemies at this point. Still though, who's the first country called when shit goes down? It sure as shit ain't France.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2013, 17:14 RollinThundr

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified
45. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 14, 2013, 00:34 RollinThundr

Flatline wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 20:03:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 19:30:
NKD wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 14:28:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 14:23:
So why did they even need a Publisher and of all the Publishers MICROSOFT?? You can self-publish on Steam...............

Microsoft isn't publishing the game, but they own the rights to making Shadowrun games, so they needed a license agreement for this game.

Whoaw... I did not know that... how the heavens can a licensing agreement force you to use DRM? Well that's MS for ye...

Still this is borderline evil, if they did know this before they should have made this clear during kickstarting. And not months after with no way for recourse. Maybe they just don't understand what DRM Free version means. Backers were offered the GAME DRM FREE, not "A version of the game you can't buy any DLC for"

Mhh...

And you'll get the game DRM free. And the editor. And everything else the promised you. AND you'll get a Steam key.

What's the big fucking deal? And to Julio, how is it fraud? You get 100% of what you paid for. So future DLC is out of the picture. Most people bitch about there being DLC in the first place.

I swear, if everyone was given free blowjobs some of you folks would bitch about having to give up your Precious Bodily Fluids.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified
21. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 13, 2013, 19:58 RollinThundr

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 19:30:
NKD wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 14:28:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 14:23:
So why did they even need a Publisher and of all the Publishers MICROSOFT?? You can self-publish on Steam...............

Microsoft isn't publishing the game, but they own the rights to making Shadowrun games, so they needed a license agreement for this game.

Whoaw... I did not know that... how the heavens can a licensing agreement force you to use DRM? Well that's MS for ye...

Still this is borderline evil, if they did know this before they should have made this clear during kickstarting. And not months after with no way for recourse. Maybe they just don't understand what DRM Free version means. Backers were offered the GAME DRM FREE, not "A version of the game you can't buy any DLC for"

Mhh...

If you're playing it on Steam, you're behind DRM. I highly doubt they'll go the intrusive tages type of deal.

News Comments > Dark Souls PC "Half-Assed" - PC Prioritized for Sequel
37. Re: Dark Souls PC Apr 12, 2013, 13:27 RollinThundr

Wolfox wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 11:39:
Darks wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 11:26:
Sorry, but excusing a controller to play a pc game is total garbage. I did not spend a bunch of money on high end pc hardware just so I can excuse a ported game to be played on my pc. Sorry, but thatís absolutely crap and should never be tolerated. I did not buy a pc to turn it into a shitty high-end console.

I'm not the kind of PC purist that thinks that a PC game means mouse + keyboard. I'm also not the kind of PC purist that thinks that, if a game doesn't use every little electron in the high end hardware I bought, then it shouldn't even be there. I'm also not the kind of PC purist that sees game "ports" from consoles as "lesser".

I like games. I have a PC. I don't own any consoles. I just want to play good games, that's all. Does that sound offensive to you?

Careful they might start calling you a troll for not hopping on the hate bandwagon.

News Comments > EA Layoffs
22. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 12, 2013, 10:48 RollinThundr

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 10:26:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 08:39:
Apparently EA's the only company to ever let people go. OH WAIT THEY'RE NOT! Quick everyone vote them as worse company again!111!!! Morons.

When are they done streamlining? When does a difficult decision just become to difficult and not made?

Mobile is very volatile, it's a part of the market that is still searching for a identity, layoffs are going to happen whether it's EA or another publisher with a mobile arm/studios.

But you guys continue your crusade and fighting the good fight against the evil that is EA. I'll be too busy enjoying games regardless of who publishes them.

17. removed Apr 12, 2013, 09:30 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 12, 2013, 18:36.

11. Re: EA Layoffs Apr 12, 2013, 08:39 RollinThundr

Apparently EA's the only company to ever let people go. OH WAIT THEY'RE NOT! Quick everyone vote them as worse company again!111!!! Morons.  

News Comments > New Jagged Alliance Coming
2. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 14:03 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 12:42:
Well, the last one was disappointing for me. They really need to work on the AI, from what I was seeing.

Take any JA game and you can say the same thing. I'm kinda amazed this IP keeps getting remade, all the JA titles have been pretty crap.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 10, 2013, 17:18 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 15:46:
Verno wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 12:28:
The municipalities make the whole process even more annoying than the incumbent issues. Annoying and expensive permit issues, potential conflicts with local unions, hostile residents, etc. It's not uncommon to deal with bribery and corruption too. Getting fiber laid anywhere is a fucking nightmare, when I worked at UUNet we would basically spec out a project then multiply our final figure by three to account for municipality bullshit and other problems.

And what about the many cases where the Telcos/Cablecos aren't picking up the slack and actually suing municipalities who want to build and maintain their own infrastructure because they have no other option. No, the big COs are the real problem.

You obviously don't work for a municipality. Your ignorance shows that.

News Comments > Stardock Plans "At Least" Two Game Announcements
8. Re: Stardock Plans Apr 10, 2013, 17:16 RollinThundr

Flatline wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 16:50:
Sweet "at least" two games I can completely and utterly skip.

I hope White Knighting Glenn Beck was worth it.

I'd rather people White Knight Glenn Beck than call anyone who disagrees with the Obmessiah's policies racist.

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
26. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 11:54 RollinThundr

Tanto Edge wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 10:52:
Yay... every body rejoice for another bastardization. Best part, Mitch fucking Geitelman had his cock in this one too.

Enjoy everybody.
Dance, sing, slap each other. Shadowrun with Hitpoints is nearly here.
Yay.

Fucking yay.

Yay for XCom lite.

Did Mitch piss in your cheerios or what?

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
12. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 10:21 RollinThundr

Techie714 © wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 09:54:
I'm so done with people bitching about Steam, it's my opinion you're not even a serious gamer if you don't have Steam. Considering like 80-90% of all games released are on Steam. Steam has pretty much been the standard now for many years.

I'm done with people bitching about DRM laiden digital distro platforms and then praising their 100 titles on steam in the same breath. Doesn't mean that's gonna stop happening all the time.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 10, 2013, 08:11 RollinThundr

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 00:15:
No, I'm saying your pessimistic cynicism is apparently rooted so deeply that sarcasm and satire is completely lost on you. You genuinely believed that to be an accurate description of the game, despite its ludicrousness. And that doesn't surprise me, based on your reaction to about 75% of the stories here.

Preeeeeeeeety much!

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 14:41 RollinThundr

nin wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 13:53:
Redmask wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 13:50:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 13:44:
Redmask wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 13:31:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 13:23:
Army of Two, Mirrors Edge, Dragon Age, Dead Space, all in just the past few years. How many new IP's have Activision put out lately?

Those franchises are almost 5 years old now, not 'a few years' and they're not new anymore nor have been for awhile. EA hasn't done anything really new outside of mobile and partners in a long time and don't seem to be starting any time soon. Activision launches new IP all the time, they just aim for different market segments than EA. Activisions main push over the past few years has been kids, they're investing in a future market where EA is instead trying to milk its IP bank for all its worth.

Semantics, what new ip has activision put out lately that isn't either a COD sequel or a WoW expansion?

No, it's not semantics. 2 + 2 = 4, not 2. It is important because it nullifies your entire statement, it not a semantical difference.

As for Activision, Ubisoft or any other publisher; no one cares whether they new IP all the time or not as their list of sins wasn't enough to get them winning this dubious honor two years running. EA didn't win because they failed to launch a new IP this year.

Activisions new IP is Skylanders. Someone get Trollindunder a tissue...

One new IP vs a handful that no one supported, Mirror's flopped, the Army of Two games don't sell. Jesus Christ you people can't even discuss a topic without name calling or calling someone a troll. I swear BN has to have the most toxic regular posters of just about any gaming site.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 13:44 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 13:31:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 13:23:
Army of Two, Mirrors Edge, Dragon Age, Dead Space, all in just the past few years. How many new IP's have Activision put out lately?

Those franchises are almost 5 years old now, not 'a few years' and they're not new anymore nor have been for awhile. EA hasn't done anything really new outside of mobile and partners in a long time and don't seem to be starting any time soon. Activision launches new IP all the time, they just aim for different market segments than EA. Activisions main push over the past few years has been kids, they're investing in a future market where EA is instead trying to milk its IP bank for all its worth.

Semantics, what new ip has activision put out lately that isn't either a COD sequel or a WoW expansion?

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 13:23 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 10:43:
What new IPs has EA pushed out?

I mean, they just did a new Army of Two!

EA Partners has given us some fantastic games. But EA itself hasn't really given us anything good other than what BioWare has been doing. There's a huge, huge gap between what Partners is doing and what EA proper is doing.
EA proper has seemed like a lost ship in some ways. It doesn't seem to know what it wants to be or how to become it.

Their sports games aren't complete garbage anymore either but that means nothing to PC folks I get that since they no longer do a PC sku for the majority of their sports titles.

I don't think you're off the mark though in that they don't seem to have a clear direction across all studios/divisions. I think that's a pretty fair thing to say.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 09:57 RollinThundr

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 09:52:
The Consumerist post is a fun read. I was actually surprised to see this reply by EA and was going WTF when i saw it, just waiting what the reply would be by Consumerist (Since they have the site stats to prove that wrong), because I couldn't believe he was seriously saying that ANTI GAY RIGHTS ACTIVISTS and MADDEN COVER IMAGE HATERS are responsible for their worst company of the year, for 2 years, award.

I mean.. wow. that is just.. wow. Does this guy even know understand comprehend with his brain how the voting works?

EA's made it's mistakes, and continues to make some. That Sims Always on thing being the latest major one. However, I think people need to give them at least a little bit of credit for continuing to release new IP. Something Activision sure as shit hasn't done in a long while.

I'm not sure what this EA rep is going on about with anti gay or who happens to be the yearly Madden cover guy, I don't remember gamers ever whining about either one of those, just plenty of other things some justified some not.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo