Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
70. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 17:53 RollinThundr

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 17:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 17:12:
while republicans are more concerned with turning the economy around over social issues.
Tell that to all the states with R legislatures passing new abortion laws.
For the record I'm for gay marriage, If two people love each other regardless of gender what's the issue there? It doesn't personally bother or offend me, and really the only people on the right that it does offend are generally bible thumpers anyway and they certainly don't speak for every republican or conservative.
No, but they speak loudly enough to put fear into most of the Rs. Personally, I more annoyed at the tax advantage to have dependents. Why should the guy sitting next to me doing the same job for the same pay, be charged fewer taxes because he decided to propagate?
I'm right with you on SS btw, it'll be long gone by the time I'm 67 and I doubt I'll ever see one red cent of what I've paid into it over the years.
Yeah, my only hope is the economy doesn't collaspe within the next 10-15 years or so. Need my 401k and IRAs to grow enough to allow me to retire...

I wish I could, I'm also a pro choice republican, go figure they do exist. They all, both dems and repubs, should be focused on one thing right now. Stop spending us into oblivion for the sake of it. That being said I do honestly believe there are more republicans worried about the deficit than democrats.

I'm right with you, sadly though I'd honestly be surprised if we even have a decade left before the whole thing collapses outright. What we're doing isn't sustainable and hasn't been for a long time now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

68. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 17:12 RollinThundr

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 16:45:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 16:23:
So how does one answer to people who consistently either topic twist, or twists one's words?
I do however truly believe that continuing to go the route we are regardless of who's the current president, is going to be a disastrous financial nightmare.
Surely you don't believe that only people on the left play word games?

I agree with that -- we've been on the road to fiscal problems for decades. The retirement of baby boomers isn't exactly a surprise. My friends and I have been trying to guess the date for SS to go under as a passtime for around 15 years or so.

Frankly, I don't think either the Rs or the Ds have said anything remotely close to common sense. The sequester nonsense pretty much proved they are all a joke. The sequester was a reduction to the increase of spending. Spending was still going up, but not as fast as had been previously planned. Both sides were calling it the end of the world as we know it. The Right saying it would be the end of the military, the Left saying it would mean the death of the poor. Funny, no one was saying that last year when we were spending less money.

No I don't nor did I imply it's only one side who does it, but in my experiences here trying to actually have a discussion with beamer for example, he's shown to me that he's not interested in discussion, just blaming the GOP or Republicans for all the world's woe's while excusing the left. When reality tells us there's little difference between dems and republicans at this point aside from what is higher on one's list of important things. Liberals tend to lean towards social issues as being the most important things ever, while republicans are more concerned with turning the economy around over social issues.

Not to say social issues aren't important, please don't think that's the message I'm trying to put across, I do however believe that making the tough choices to right the ship before we again lose credit rating or default on the billions we owe, rank a little higher on the scale than Bill and Ted being able to legally marry or knee jerk gun registration bills that would do zero to prevent other mass killings to begin with, just make it harder to legally observe one's 2nd amendment rights.

For the record I'm for gay marriage, If two people love each other regardless of gender what's the issue there? It doesn't personally bother or offend me, and really the only people on the right that it does offend are generally bible thumpers anyway and they certainly don't speak for every republican or conservative.

I'm right with you on SS btw, it'll be long gone by the time I'm 67 and I doubt I'll ever see one red cent of what I've paid into it over the years.

66. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 16:23 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 16:04:
Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 15:24:
So it's fine for beamer to play the race card everytime he comes across something he doesn't feel like debating, but calling the liberal democrats how I perceive them, and really anyone with half a brain knows it's all about the feels with democrats, is trolling. Ok sure thing cupcake. Act better? What is this finishing school? Sorry cupcake, like I said, I'm not going to play the PC route, nor do I wish to. Please however be offended all you like by a few words on a screen.

I don't know what you're referring to there but given what you posted earlier, I have no problem suspecting you did post something racist on purpose as you admitted to trolling on purpose already. A good example of why doing something like that isn't good, it's now eroded your credibility with a complete stranger. If words on a screen didn't mean anything then you wouldn't be so upset about 'Beamer'. The 'PC' stuff is you dodging responsibility for your actions and words, as if mindlessly insulting people somehow makes you brave or original.

Yes, act better 'cupcake'. Maybe you should attend a finishing school, they might help you with your alarming inability to interact in civil discussions. I don't see any value in further interactions with you so you can post your parting shot by inaccurately calling me a liberal pc whatever now

No I have never, nor will I post racist things to get a rise, it's one thing to call Obama the Obmessiah or whatever but there's a line there.

And to clarify he doesn't upset me, it's actually more eye roll inducing than anything else, since he's like the walking MSNBC liberal playbook to begin with. So how does one answer to people who consistently either topic twist, or twists one's words? With love and friendship? C'mon brother.

Honestly I have no idea what your political leanings are nor do I really care to be honest. I do however truly believe that continuing to go the route we are regardless of who's the current president, is going to be a disastrous financial nightmare.

64. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 15:40 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 15:24:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 15:09:
No it's really not a strawman. Liberals care far more about gays being able to marry then they do fixing the economy, everything is based off of feelings with liberals, that's the whole liberal ideology in a nutshell. It's the old saying putting the cart before the horse in real life form.

No, it was a strawman and this is exactly the sort of ignorant flame bait I'm referring to, you have no concept of how to conduct yourself rationally as an adult and resort to childish behavior when challenged. I'm not a liberal, you can keep repeating this stuff as much as you like but it doesn't faze me, just tells me you are not a person with a credible opinion to offer.

When you act better, people will treat you better.

So it's fine for beamer to play the race card everytime he comes across something he doesn't feel like debating, but calling the liberal democrats how I perceive them, and really anyone with half a brain knows it's all about the feels with democrats, is trolling. Ok sure thing cupcake. Act better? What is this finishing school? Sorry cupcake, like I said, I'm not going to play the PC route, nor do I wish to. Please however be offended all you like by a few words on a screen.

Like I said, when the shit hits the fan, and it will sooner than I think a lot of people realize. You'd understand why I say the things I do. We're heading for a financial crash that will make the Great Depression look like child's play.

62. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 15:09 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 14:59:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 14:51:
Tossing a word or phrase in to get someone a little riled doesn't eliminate the entire message one is trying to put across. I understand that in today's world of people being over sensitive to just about everything, it might feel that way to you.

You can keep trying to walk that back (how PC of you to attempt to spin it) but everyone saw it already, no one is being over sensitive, you admitted to trolling on purpose.

I'm not going to walk on eggshells and hop on the bandwagon when people troll publishers for example, I'm also not going to be afraid to say what I think about things or people just because someone might get butthurt over it. This whole ideology of deciding everything on MUH FEELINGS is so god damn ridiculous to begin with yet that's what democrats do.

This is a strawman, the issue with your posts isn't your opinions or some paranoia infused, perceived PC culture that is somehow attacking you personally. If you had actual opinions to offer without the accompanying antagonism and were willing to discuss things in depth instead of robotic repetition of tv talking points then you would be more well received regardless of where you land politically. It's not 'PC' to conduct yourself like an adult, that's just common sense.

When you act better, people will treat you better. It's not a message problem, it's the messenger.

No it's really not a strawman. Liberals care far more about gays being able to marry then they do fixing the economy, everything is based off of feelings with liberals, that's the whole liberal ideology in a nutshell. It's the old saying putting the cart before the horse in real life form.

60. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 14:51 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 14:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 13:47:
Translation: I don't agree with your views so I'll label everything you say trolling. Sure you aren't a lefty red? heh

You already openly admitted to trolling on purpose. No one is accusing you of anything you haven't already said you do. The idea that only people on the left side of the political spectrum would find your trolling small minded and pointless shows how little you know about people and the subject material itself. Why would I or anyone else listen to someone who is purposely trying to incense the discussion with childish insults of public figures and beratement of entire political ideals? That's a kid watching wrestling, not an adult discussing politics.

When you act better, people will treat you better, until then you're getting exactly what you're giving which isn't much.

Tossing a word or phrase in to get someone a little riled doesn't eliminate the entire message one is trying to put across. I understand that in today's world of people being over sensitive to just about everything, it might feel that way to you.

I'm not going to walk on eggshells and hop on the bandwagon when people troll publishers for example, I'm also not going to be afraid to say what I think about things or people just because someone might get butthurt over it. This whole ideology of deciding everything on MUH FEELINGS is so god damn ridiculous to begin with yet that's what democrats do.

58. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 13:47 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 12:59:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 12:07:
Oh get the fuck over yourself already.

I would need to be on myself to get over myself and I'm not sure you're someone who should be talking to others about self-important posturing. A bunch of vague talking points (way to fit North Korea in there, race to the bottom) you gleaned from the tv does not change the fact that you admitted to trolling on purpose. I can't say I blame other posters for personally attacking you either, maybe they're just tired of the trolling you admit to doing on purpose.

As for where our country stands and where we're headed, someone who trolls on purpose is about the last person I would ever seriously listen to about it, particularly when they try to encapsulate it in less than a paragraph.

Translation: I don't agree with your views so I'll label everything you say trolling. Sure you aren't a lefty red? heh

55. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 12:07 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 08:56:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 08:11:
Difference is I use actual links to back things up, it's not particularly for the sake of trolling. Meanwhile when you say something or prove something a liberal can't debate, out come the raciest remarks, or twisting of the subject. Please don't even start that shit, half the garbage you libs spew you don't back up either. Shit half of it makes no logical sense anyway.

No, you just admitted to trolling without evidence or provocation below. Right from the horses mouth. 'i just want our country to be good guys stop spending monies obamamessiah'. Indeed, clearly you have defeated the liberal hivemind with your cutting political insights. I'm not even a liberal and I find you simultaneously amusing and pitiable.

Oh get the fuck over yourself already. Talking about the party that still blames Bush for all the world's woes 6 years after he's been out of office and nothing has changed. Would that be trolling too? Since that's the majority of the left's argument still today. Blame Bush, Obama is awesome even though he's Bush the 3rd essentially.

I could go back and pull a handful of beamer quotes that are essentially as bad if not worse than mine, chalk full of accusations and personal attacks. That's ok though right? Because it's one of the morally superior pc douchebags doing it.

Bottom line if those on the left hate capitalism so much and embrace Marxism so damn much, I'm sure China or North Korea would be more than happy to take you fucksticks in.

When we're bankrupt in less than a decade I'll be nice, I won't even gloat because I'll be just as fucked over as you all are.

News Comments > Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games
7. Re: Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games Apr 18, 2013, 11:09 RollinThundr

ASeven wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 09:13:
Publishers are falling to pieces left and right. People warned them that the path they took was financially unsustainable but they didn't listen. Now they are reaping what they sow and nobody will shed a tear if they all crash, as it seems that's now the path they're heading.

inb4 our resident game industry apologist and "expert" Beamer tells you no crash is coming and everything is roses.

51. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 08:11 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 07:10:
Jeraxle wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 22:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 18:15:

What isn't these days? Plus it's so easy to get Beamer's bleeding heart all well, bleeding. Kinda hard to resist. But focusing on one word in say a 2 paragraph post, ignoring the rest of said post's content, then just labeling it trolling because it's something you don't agree with politically isn't exactly legit.

I was thinking the same thing. It's called Liberal S.I.N. Switch the subject, Ignore the facts, and Name call when logic fails.

But I digress.

Almost like what you just posted.

Intentionally posting flame bait material isn't having an edgy political opinion and posting such things without ever backing them up is what gets people called a troll because that is the definition of trolling.

Difference is I use actual links to back things up, it's not particularly for the sake of trolling. Meanwhile when you say something or prove something a liberal can't debate, out come the raciest remarks, or twisting of the subject. Please don't even start that shit, half the garbage you libs spew you don't back up either. Shit half of it makes no logical sense anyway.

News Comments > FIFA 14 Announced: Features Emotional Goal Scoring
12. Re: FIFA 14 Announced: Features Emotional Goal Scoring Apr 17, 2013, 18:33 RollinThundr

Julio wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 18:00:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:53:
Except that you're pulling shit out of your ass. I don't know how Fifa's controls are at this point, but NHL's controls are fluid and intuitive.

I don't know about Fifa, I'll get the next world cup one instead. But I hated the NHL 13 controls on the PS3. Too unresponsive and just didn't feel fun. Each to their own.

If you were talking about NHL 07 I'd agree. Maybe it's just from playing the series year in and year out since the initial reboot on the current gen of systems that I'm so used to it at this point that it just works for me. Granted being a hardcore hockey fan doesn't hurt either.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 18:15 RollinThundr

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 12:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 12:25:
Eh really tossing stuff like that in there only to get your panties all bunched up. If you really want to call that trolling sure.
Pretty sure that's the definition of trolling...

What isn't these days? Plus it's so easy to get Beamer's bleeding heart all well, bleeding. Kinda hard to resist. But focusing on one word in say a 2 paragraph post, ignoring the rest of said post's content, then just labeling it trolling because it's something you don't agree with politically isn't exactly legit.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 12:25 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 12:17:
How can you claim you aren't trolling with things like "Obmessiah" You're missing a vowel, anyway.

I was going to say you have weird blinders, but it's more weird targets.

Eh really tossing stuff like that in there only to get your panties all bunched up. If you really want to call that trolling sure. But the message is still the same and it's legitimate beyond annoying you or nin or whoever. I have zero trust in Barack Obama as our president, I don't think he's good for the country and I believe we're moving in entirely the wrong direction to fix the economy. the usual DC mantra of tax and spend isn't going to get us out of this mess, actual hard cuts and being fiscally responsible will.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 12:14 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:56:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:48:
Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:41:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:40:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 15:58:
In order to prevent this kind of senseless violence, we'd have to live in a very restrictive society, like that of East Germany 30 years ago. We have freedom in the US. A very few people abuse it with tragic results. But I'm always reminded of Ben Franklin's quote:
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
It doesn't make what happened right, nor does it mean we should not take action to bring perpetrator(s) to justice or implement reasonable precautions. But freedom comes with a cost, and we must take care not to overreact to this event.

One of the great joys of marathons is that you can be within a few feet of some of the greatest athletes in the world and you can participate in the same events that they do. There are almost no other sports where that is the case. It would be a shame if we radically changed marathons as a result of this event.

Obama would be more than happy to radically change things. He's been pushing for it since day one and tragedy's like this are all the fuel he needs.

TROOOOOOLLLING

You and nin really need to learn the difference between trolling and stating an opinion. IE anyone who doesn't share your political views is not automatically a troll.
No, it's trolling. Can you name a single politician that hasn't done this?

Let's look at the Iraq War and the PATRIOT Act, to begin.

And I know you'll respond with something stupid like "BUT OBAMA SUPPORTED THE PATRIOT ACT," as if that's relevant to the point.

For the record, and I've said this before, I didn't support the patriot act under Bush and I still don't support it now under the Obmessiah. Granted I also don't think it would have taken Bush a 14 hour filibuster to state on the record it's unconstitutional to order drone strikes on your our own populace, yet it took Obama and his cronies that long.

The lines are there, the people he's tied to, the people he's surrounded himself his entire life certainly aren't conservative in nature, so it's really not a leap in logic to see his agenda and how he'd like things to be. He openly pisses on the constitution on a regular basis and says as such and sheep like you still think he's doing a good job.

9. Re: FIFA 14 Announced: Features Emotional Goal Scoring Apr 17, 2013, 11:53 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:43:
PS: Pure Shot mode not available when our servers are down.

I've never liked all these wacky new modes on my sports games; it's basically why I stopped playing the baseball games. Rather than just play a fun game of baseball, now I have to position my fielding glove, and then with the analog controller mimick the motion of throwing to first base, and mimick the motion of swinging the bat, and mimick the pitcher's windup and and and and.

Ugh. I just want to play a game of baseball. I don't want to accurately simulate the life of a major league player. :\

Creston

Except that you're pulling shit out of your ass. I don't know how Fifa's controls are at this point, but NHL's controls are fluid and intuitive.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 11:48 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:41:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:40:
In order to prevent this kind of senseless violence, we'd have to live in a very restrictive society, like that of East Germany 30 years ago. We have freedom in the US. A very few people abuse it with tragic results. But I'm always reminded of Ben Franklin's quote:
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
It doesn't make what happened right, nor does it mean we should not take action to bring perpetrator(s) to justice or implement reasonable precautions. But freedom comes with a cost, and we must take care not to overreact to this event.

One of the great joys of marathons is that you can be within a few feet of some of the greatest athletes in the world and you can participate in the same events that they do. There are almost no other sports where that is the case. It would be a shame if we radically changed marathons as a result of this event.

Obama would be more than happy to radically change things. He's been pushing for it since day one and tragedy's like this are all the fuel he needs.

TROOOOOOLLLING

You and nin really need to learn the difference between trolling and stating an opinion. IE anyone who doesn't share your political views is not automatically a troll.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 11:40 RollinThundr

6. Re: FIFA 14 Announced: Features Emotional Goal Scoring Apr 17, 2013, 11:28 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:07:
Fifa 13 on the consoles not named Wii was actually fairly revolutionary, at least according to the videos and gifs out there.

It definitely had a new, innovative physics engine that led to some of the most ridiculous, hysterical glitches I've seen in ages.

See some here.

The glitches, in many videos, come from a hyperactive physics engine, but to me show how detailed that physics engine is. Even the hit detection when those two dudes kiss... I mean, uh...

Of course, it's still probably dull so I haven't played it, but youtubing "fifa 13 glitch" leads to good times.

NHL this past cycle was the same. New physics and skating engine. The skating revamp actually did wonders for the game. The physics engine still needs some work as there's plenty of comical youtubes out there showing how wonky it can be.

EA is putting effort into their sports titles the last few years, as much as the haters won't ever admit it.

67. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 00:17 RollinThundr

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 14:10:
Your sarcasm is misplaced. If you have such a bleeding heart, get out there and do something about it or shut the fuck about how others should. I volunteer and donate to charities, do you? Yeah, it's easy to act all morally superior online when you have no clue what the fuck you are gibbering about.

This is what Beamer does, he assumes he knows how everyone's life went and then preaches to them about how unfair the world is.

66. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 00:14 RollinThundr

Julio wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 19:26:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 18:37:
the US is the world's police for better or worse. Haven't seen Canada step up to the plate lately on well, anything now that I think of it.

Unfortunately, Canada has been 'stepping up to the plate' on US wars in Afghanistan and Libya. And what a waste of taxpayer dollars that has been.

I stand corrected, thanks for that. Again agreed, we had no business starting another war on top of two mistakes already.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo