Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. removed May 7, 2013, 09:21 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 7, 2013, 12:17.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda's New Tease
7. Re: Bethesda's New Tease May 6, 2013, 14:36 RollinThundr

It's obviously The Terminator. Their past Terminator games all sucked ass. Though the technology wasn't all that great back in those days either. Could go either way on this.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation May 2, 2013, 19:53 RollinThundr

Flatline wrote on May 2, 2013, 17:59:
RollinThundr wrote on May 2, 2013, 10:58:
Verno wrote on May 2, 2013, 09:19:
Nintendo really needs to repair its relationship with EA, they went from being all gungho Wii U previously to total disinterest. As much as I dislike EA, their sports titles are almost essential to console longevity. Nintendo has a similar beef going with Amazon and it's hurting 3DS sales as well.

I don't disagree along the lines of sports titles, hell they're the only reason I own a console at all. Though I wonder if the core sports gamer is buying a WiiU to begin with to be honest when the experience is so much better on the 360 or PS3 all around.

Ironically the WiiU is an awesome platform, in my mind at least, for games like football (US football) because you have two different screens and you can segregate information between the players.

Will the fidelity be as high? No never. But the tablet thing *should* be encouraging new, asymmetric play. And it's not. So really it's just an underpowered console that you can play without a TV.

Which has kinda been Nintendo's motif ever since the N64, put out a machine that's less powerful, and in the case of the Wii and WiiU substantially so, than your competition.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 2, 2013, 10:58 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on May 2, 2013, 09:19:
Nintendo really needs to repair its relationship with EA, they went from being all gungho Wii U previously to total disinterest. As much as I dislike EA, their sports titles are almost essential to console longevity. Nintendo has a similar beef going with Amazon and it's hurting 3DS sales as well.

I don't disagree along the lines of sports titles, hell they're the only reason I own a console at all. Though I wonder if the core sports gamer is buying a WiiU to begin with to be honest when the experience is so much better on the 360 or PS3 all around.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Preorders
16. Re: Shadowrun Returns Preorders May 2, 2013, 09:38 RollinThundr

Julio wrote on May 1, 2013, 18:54:
RollinThundr wrote on May 1, 2013, 15:09:
The DRM whining is flat out silly to begin with since no matter where or how you purchase a game or really most software in general it has DRM.

Not all games have DRM. GOG offers plenty, as well as there are lots of choices from indies that are DRM free. Just because DRM is part of Steam doesn't mean DRM is good.

It's not like DRM stops pirates, it just harms legitimate buyers.

GoG might be the only exception aside from a few indie DD platforms. Don't get me wrong, I don't like DRM or advocate publishers using it as it tends to really only punish legitimate customers when things do not work as intended. However I can't say I'm all that angry about it since almost every publisher is using it in one form or another.

11. Re: Shadowrun Returns Preorders May 1, 2013, 15:09 RollinThundr

Jerykk wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 23:19:
The DRM fiasco always struck me as silly. They never promised that the game would always be DRM-free. They just stated that backers would be able to choose a DRM-free version of the game. They also never said that the DRM-free version would get access to all the post-release content.

At this point, if you refuse to play games that use Steamworks, you're missing out on a whole lot of games. Here's a list of publishers that use Steamworks:

Codemasters
Capcom
Activision
Paradox
Deep Silver
Sega
Bethesda
Square Enix
Focus
Nordic
ATLUS
Namco
Konami
WBIE
Microsoft
City
1C

Only EA and Ubisoft are missing from the list and that's because they use their own inferior DRM schemes. The number of indie devs using Steamworks is rapidly growing as well. I used to consider the pursuit of DRM-free games to be the most noble of ideals but really, Steam's benefits far outweigh its disadvantages. In fact, if I had to choose between a Steam key or a DRM-free version of any given game, I'd take the Steam key every time.

The DRM whining is flat out silly to begin with since no matter where or how you purchase a game or really most software in general it has DRM.

10. Re: Shadowrun Returns Preorders May 1, 2013, 15:07 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 21:38:
nin wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 20:43:
Can't wait to play - glad the whiners won't be there!

Seconded.

Creston

The irony is delicious.

8. removed May 1, 2013, 13:57 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 2, 2013, 06:50.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 1, 2013, 12:39 RollinThundr

Julio wrote on May 1, 2013, 08:15:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 20:56:
Hang Schilling up by his nads!

I'm all for RI going after Schilling and the other 38 studios people. Make an example of abuse of taxpayer funds.

If we really want to make an example of abuse of taxpayer funds lets put 95% of our politicians on the stand as defendants as well.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 1, 2013, 11:19 RollinThundr

wtf_man wrote on May 1, 2013, 09:30:
Watch Dogs to arrive at PS4 launch

If I get a PS 4 that'll be good for a first console game. Of course the sweet thing is... I'd probably be able to demo it on gaikai first, before taking the plunge. If it is real good, I'll buy it for the PC for myself... and the PS4 for for myself and guests.

Same Disclaimer as last time... only IF the game can be played completely offline.

How sad is it that my only consideration for a PS4 is seeing how improved if at all the first iteration of NHL Hockey is on it?

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 30, 2013, 12:23 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 12:17:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 11:12:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 01:25:
Wow, way to gut the FOIA, SCOTUS! Alito's arguement is cost? Well what about equalization payments? Virginia - as used in this case - get's double in federal dollars than what's collected from it so I don't see how that can be a rationalization. Wow, this is wrong on so many levels. Just another fork stuck in the withering corpse of freedom.

Says the guy who routinely sides with the party that wants bigger government involvement in day to day life. You can't have it both ways.

Says the guy who is always wrong. This is the SOCTUS that was stacked by Bushco.

No I get that, honestly I think it's a good thing that the SCOTUS isn't all liberals, we'd prolly be without a 2nd amendment at this point.

While it sucks that the guy missing child support payments was denied a FOIA request, at the same time you want to protect personal info when it comes to individuals right? Or does that no longer exist in this world of instant information over the net?

It's not as black and white as you're suggesting. And what I said still stands, you support a party of commies and control addicts while preaching freedoms. Can't have it both ways.

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 30, 2013, 11:12 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 01:25:
Wow, way to gut the FOIA, SCOTUS! Alito's arguement is cost? Well what about equalization payments? Virginia - as used in this case - get's double in federal dollars than what's collected from it so I don't see how that can be a rationalization. Wow, this is wrong on so many levels. Just another fork stuck in the withering corpse of freedom.

Says the guy who routinely sides with the party that wants bigger government involvement in day to day life. You can't have it both ways.

13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 25, 2013, 18:49 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 18:01:
We already no what the other side would have done, however, we being the other side of that expected more from Obama and he's clearly shown that all his talk was exactly that, so much talk. Forget the conomy, health care, yada yada yada, but this was the shit that he wasn't supposed to allow.

Hate to say I told you so but um I told you so. You could call Obama Bush the 3rd and it wouldn't be that far off. This is what happens when you elect a narcissistic community organizer with delusions of grandeur.

News Comments > EA Partners to Close?
27. Re: EA Partners to Close? Apr 25, 2013, 18:44 RollinThundr

ASeven wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 17:42:
Creston wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 16:31:
Beamer wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 13:18:
At this point, the only thing that probably would make sense for EA to do is find a way to go private.

Is that even feasible for them, though? I doubt they have anywhere near enough cash to buy themselves into the majority, and otherwise it just means they'd have to get a major investment venture to buy their majority stake and they just become beholden to said investment capitalists rather than the shareholders at large.

They are fucked either way. Their stock prices have plummeted and have not recovered since but, as you say, if they go private they will need to borrow such an insane amount of capital to buy themselves into a majority position that they might as well shut themselves off and save a lot of trouble.

And the beauty of all of this is that they have nobody to blame but themselves. Honestly, I believe we're starting to see the first steps of the publisher crash as publishers suddenly realize that they cannot support their business model for much longer and see themselves starved for capital which they cannot afford or create.

but but muh record profits! The industry is fine! /sarcasm

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 25, 2013, 18:42 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 15:11:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 14:54:
Axis wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 11:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 10:24:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 12:50:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 12:21:
To be fair I haven't looked into who put this bill forward. But I'm willing to bet it was democrats. Gotta have some more tax dollars to spend.

Wrong again - as usual.

Difference being, I actually admit when I'm wrong. Something you or Beamer seem to be incapable of.

That's a good portion of vocal liberals man, blindly full of themselves because they know how shit their lives are with no one to blame... but blame they try!

A good portion of them also like to invent issues to deflect from actual important things like I dunno say the fucking economy. From everything to attacks on the 2nd amendment, to the "war on women" which is really more so pissed off feminazis and tumblr communities in the first place anyway.

"There is no war on women, it was just invented by feminazis" he says without a trace of irony.

Oh sorry, let me be politically correct so your panties don't get all wet. Feminists.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
25. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 25, 2013, 14:54 RollinThundr

Axis wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 11:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 10:24:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 12:50:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 12:21:
To be fair I haven't looked into who put this bill forward. But I'm willing to bet it was democrats. Gotta have some more tax dollars to spend.

Wrong again - as usual.

Difference being, I actually admit when I'm wrong. Something you or Beamer seem to be incapable of.

That's a good portion of vocal liberals man, blindly full of themselves because they know how shit their lives are with no one to blame... but blame they try!

A good portion of them also like to invent issues to deflect from actual important things like I dunno say the fucking economy. From everything to attacks on the 2nd amendment, to the "war on women" which is really more so pissed off feminazis and tumblr communities in the first place anyway.

20. Re: EA Partners to Close? Apr 25, 2013, 12:55 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 10:48:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 10:15:
Arguably, EA has the most negative influence on PC gaming, rivaling only Steam in its willful customer deception. Steam has a near monopoly on fan-boyism and astro-turfing so it has a much stronger PR response.

See below.

Comparing EAs negative impact on the industry to Steam is like the ultimate masterstroke troll

I know exactly what I'm getting from Steam and exactly what I'm giving up. The idea that they're tricking anyone is silly.

To be fair people hate EA because they're the largest publisher and are therefore an easy target, shady shit they've done over the years aside.

Valve did the same thing with steam when it comes to digital distro, cornered the market based on brand name, uses drm that everyone and their mother cries holy hell when any other publisher uses it, it's ok for Valve though.

You can't hate one company for being monopolistic, while praising or being ok with Valve doing the same thing pretty much.

10. Re: EA Partners to Close? Apr 25, 2013, 10:36 RollinThundr

wtf_man wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 09:39:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 09:29:
I still think the industry is heading for another '84 type crash before long.

That was mainly the coin-op gaming industry.
People quit going to arcades because of PCs and Consoles.

I was busy gaming on my Apple II back then, and my non-computer pals were playing / trading vast amounts of Atari 2600 games by that point. Who was going to go down to the local arcade and spend a ton of quarters?

PC gaming stayed above and rose from the ashes of that "crash".

True, it was mostly the arcade industry, but it didn't help Atari's home consoles, or coleco or intellivision (Mattel) Had the NES not been as sucessful as it was things could have been much different.

4. Re: EA Partners to Close? Apr 25, 2013, 09:29 RollinThundr

nin wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 09:20:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdCUpiI1MSA

Stay classy nin. More people will lose jobs and you find it funny since it's EA. Shame about this as most of the titles coming out of this division have been solid for the most part.

EA really seems to be in deeper shit money wise than I think alot of people would think. I still think the industry is heading for another '84 type crash before long.

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 25, 2013, 08:51 RollinThundr

ZeroCougar wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 08:48:
Ohh yeah cause the other guy who nearly made it into office was of a higher caliber of morality that he would never allow this. Don't throw that Obama is the cause of this, BS on anybody but your own self. With the recent school shooting and with the Boston bombing, Which would happen under any president btw... This kind of spying is going to make it through. Scared government, does scary things to its own people, in an attempt to protect the people. Its how it goes.

If DOMA goes away I'll vote for Obama again. I want to be with my wife, more then worry about this privacy-policy bull. I admit that much bias.

So Obama preached all this hope and change and transparency within government, lied about it all to begin with (like most people knew anyways) And now pushes for things like drone attacks and secret surveillance and he shouldn't be held accountable? Oh right I forgot it's only republicans who are evil.

Btw you can't vote for Obama again, 2 term limit, unless he tries to change that as well, which wouldn't at all surprise me at this point.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo