Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
34. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 12, 2013, 08:17 RollinThundr

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 17:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:09:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 13:34:
ASeven wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 13:11:
Techdirt puts some light on this poll.

Republicans and Democrats have had very different views of the two operations. Today, only about half of Republicans (52%) say it is acceptable for the NSA to obtain court orders to track phone call records of millions of Americans to investigate terrorism. In January 2006, fully 75% of Republicans said it was acceptable for the NSA to investigate suspected terrorists by listing in on phone calls and reading emails without court approval.

Democrats now view the NSA’s phone surveillance as acceptable by 64% to 34%. In January 2006, by a similar margin (61% to 36%), Democrats said it was unacceptable for the NSA to scrutinize phone calls and emails of suspected terrorists.

Shocking I tell you. No not really. Like I've said, it's ok if your party of choice is in office, regardless if it's healthy for the nation or not.

Solid point, when GW was in power... all is good, when the other guy is, now it's all bad. Yup.
The big difference is when Obama took office he had the chance to disband all of these spy programs that Bush imposed. Instead Obama is just following in W's footsteps. Too me that's even worse, because he knew of the wrongdoing in the first place, but instead of setting things right he lied to the public and did the same god damn backstabbing dirty spying that W instituted.

Pretty much and I didn't agree with Bush on the patriot act either for the record. Hell I don't even think Junior was a particularly good president either.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 13:34 RollinThundr

ASeven wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 13:11:
Techdirt puts some light on this poll.

Republicans and Democrats have had very different views of the two operations. Today, only about half of Republicans (52%) say it is acceptable for the NSA to obtain court orders to track phone call records of millions of Americans to investigate terrorism. In January 2006, fully 75% of Republicans said it was acceptable for the NSA to investigate suspected terrorists by listing in on phone calls and reading emails without court approval.

Democrats now view the NSA’s phone surveillance as acceptable by 64% to 34%. In January 2006, by a similar margin (61% to 36%), Democrats said it was unacceptable for the NSA to scrutinize phone calls and emails of suspected terrorists.

Shocking I tell you. No not really. Like I've said, it's ok if your party of choice is in office, regardless if it's healthy for the nation or not.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer
24. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 13:30 RollinThundr

1badmf wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 08:02:
Quinn wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 03:53:
Familiar faces!

I liked this CGI trailer. It's not like we've been waiting for this game for years and expected it to be about out by now, and instead get a non-gameplay trailer (think Thief 4).

I don't get the complaining, tbh. I personally didn't expect to see anything yet so this trailer was a pleasant little surprise. And since the game is 1,5 years away, no shit they don't show us gameplay yet.

i take it you didn't notice the part where it says 'actual game footage'?

personally i'm pumped for this. gameplay has always been secondary to me to story, and yeah DA2 may have been flawed, but it told a pretty epic story, and this looks like be even grander epicness. DA2 may not have been the game it should've been, but it was still a 'good' game imo. you(plural) can't look at a thing purely through the lense of your own expectations, or you're certainly bound for disappointment a lot. you have too also be able to see things as they are, where it falls in the spectrum of similar things, and in that regard both DAs are still quality experiences.

If by epic story you mean cliche as shit, predictable as hell, and badly written then you have some pretty low standards in story telling. DA2 sucked, Origins did not.

43. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 13:20 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 12:45:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 11:43:
Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 10:17:
Wait, did someone just say I'm pro DNC and, even weird, pro union?

Or that I haven't criticized Obama pretty much endlessly, for pretty much everything, from drone strikes to the patriot act to general ineffectiveness?

Jesus, no matter how many times you say things some people just lack reading comprehension and any form of IQ.

Cutter's made it apparent he's very pro union, and you've done a lovely job of playing the race card on a regular basis anytime someone is critical of this administration. Just admit it and lets move on shall we?

I've said over and over we're heading towards a totalitarian government, this is just the tip of the ice berg.

"Playing the race card" is a term used pretty much exclusively by idiots. Shallow, incompetent, frightened idiots insecure in what little they've earned.

I'm done. You're now ignored for, well, ignorance.

That's fine, I was pretty tired of your liberal utopia drivel anyway. Your kind doesn't believe in personal responsibility in the first place, wouldn't shock me one bit if you were for Obama drone striking US Citizens either.

41. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 11:43 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 10:17:
Wait, did someone just say I'm pro DNC and, even weird, pro union?

Or that I haven't criticized Obama pretty much endlessly, for pretty much everything, from drone strikes to the patriot act to general ineffectiveness?

Jesus, no matter how many times you say things some people just lack reading comprehension and any form of IQ.

Cutter's made it apparent he's very pro union, and you've done a lovely job of playing the race card on a regular basis anytime someone is critical of this administration. Just admit it and lets move on shall we?

I've said over and over we're heading towards a totalitarian government, this is just the tip of the ice berg.

News Comments > New Star Wars Battlefront Announced
22. Re: New Star Wars Battlefront Announced Jun 11, 2013, 09:15 RollinThundr

Jerykk wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 03:28:
Origin isn't terrible. It has cloud saves, automatic updates standalone installers and unless a game specifically requires Origin, you only need to use Origin to install it. After that, you never have to use Origin again.

The real issue is that people like having all their games in one library. For most people, that library is Steam. When you don't make a game available on Steam, you're forcing them to create another library and split up their games. That's inconvenient and really unnecessary when EA could just adopt Steam like every other publisher (except Ubisoft).

And if you put a shortcut on your desktop or in a games folder it doesn't matter if you're using steam or Origin.

There's zero reason to not by a game just because it isn't on precious Steam.

39. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 08:55 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 13:51:
Panickd wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 11:41:
Verno wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 10:47:
I know people will label him a traitor for disclosing classified information but when the NSA is literally lying to Congress, what else can be done?

While I don't think he should be branded a traitor for whistleblowing, the NSA was most assuredly not lying to Congress. In fact Congress just voted to extend the measures of the Patriot Act that specifically allow this type of data collection. This is a case of the folks elected to Congress either not reading the things they're voting on or not being smart enough to understand the implications of what they're voting on. I find it laughable how much outrage poured out of the very people who are on record as having voted for the bill that sparked that outrage. If you're a Congressperson it is your job to read and make sure you understand what you're putting your vote to. Don't understand it? Then ask for clarification or abstain.

Congressional leaders don't read the bills they vote on. They're too busy fundraising. In this regard, Thundr's comment "there's no difference between the two parties at this point" is correct. Both parties spend so much time fundraising that they have no time for actually governing.

As for this:

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 10:56:
Right yet liberals are generally fine with him extending the patriot act, remember it's alright when a democrat does things that infringe upon rights or carry on the status quo that the left and media decry the right for.

Most liberal blogs I read (for example: Kos, Greenwald, Digby) have gone to town on the President for both the warrantless wiretapping and the drone strikes, even while being mildly pleased with his accomplishments like Obamacare and the stimulus. So, links or GTFO.

I'm talking in general, you'd never see a Cutter or Beamer say one thing negative about the DNC or unions. Why start now?

I know one thing, if Bush hadn't passed a budget in 6 years we'd not hear the end of it on every media outlet, Obama hasn't, not a peep.

And noone should cheer for Obamacare, we're all going to pay more for health insurance because of it. It's a total fail, a total abuse of the commerce clause and one more notch in Obama's belt for shitting on the US Constitution.

The man campaigned twice on Hope and Change and didn't mean one word of it and there are those that treat him like he's a messiah because he speaks alright when his teleprompter is working.

When does blaming Bush get old and holding Obama accountable for essentially being George Bush the 3rd begin?

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 10:56 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 10:36:
I'm glad people are finally more aware of this. If the media had any integrity they'd be focused on the massive secret data center that just opened in Utah. People can cry about Bush and the Patriot Act all they want but the fact is they were never intented to listen in on all Americans (although it stupidly left the door open) and the technical capability wasn't there. Under Obama our government went through thar door and is currently running the largest data mining center in the world. They have to invent new terms for how much raw data is being collected.

The best part is Obama was nominated and elected president by running against this very thing. Our government is crumbling. With all these scandals the actual good work the NSA and IRS are intended will be cut off at the knees while they're investigated for years.

Right yet liberals are generally fine with him extending the patriot act, remember it's alright when a democrat does things that infringe upon rights or carry on the status quo that the left and media decry the right for.

The sooner people realize there's no difference between the two parties at this point the sooner we can actually address issues rather than petty mudslinging back and forth.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
25. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 10, 2013, 08:19 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Jun 9, 2013, 10:33:
All of this spying shit is really the GOPs fault, they opened the barn doors years ago after 9/11 and more importantly they have totally failed to keep this government in check on any issue aside from guns which couldn't matter less. Keep your gun, they're laughing at you, who needs a gun when they have access everything you do? All of the tea party lunatics who think fiat currency is the devil and have dumb their little racist masturbatory rallies have divided the GOP into a bloated, incoherent mess filled with little minds who can't see the big picture. The GOP needs to shoot itself in the head and hope to rise from the ashes, total joke of a political party.

Yeah because liberals don't want big daddy government telling people what to do and how to do it. No large soda for you fatty, forced healthcare or get penalized. Again pretending only one party has your best interest in mind is naive and downright retarded.

23. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 9, 2013, 00:31 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 13:56:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 13:08:
Democrats repealed the glass steagall act, Clinton started us on the path to recession, you just all blame Bush for it because it happened on his watch. Obama's done nothing but blame others and get more people on gov handouts. How many more years are liberals going to ride the Blame Bush Wagon? It's dishonest and isn't reality. When do our current problems become Obama's problems? After his two terms?

Clinton left the country in the best economic shape it's ever been. He had the lowest unemployment in American history under his watch. Dubya was the one who slashed taxes on the rich and big biz knowing the country couldn't afford it. He was the one who massively accelerated the shift of wealth to the top 1%. He was the one that let banks run hog wild. And never forget it was Reagan and pals who created NAFTA, the real reason there are no good jobs left in the US anymore. Though in truth that was really a bipartisan screw over.

Dubya left the country the worst its ever been. Much as most of us aren't happy with Obama we at least concede that no, the guy isn't a miracle worker. And particularly when the other side of the aisle is solely to blame with obstructionist tactics. So no, the economy isn't his fault. It's almost solely the fault of the GOP.

Changes in policy doesn't affect things overnight. Next you'll start talking of Clinton's magical surplus when we were still obviously in debt, the government just didn't spend as much as planned so magically it's considered surplus money to spend.

You can't talk of obstruction all you want, but look at both sides of it, when Obama doesn't get exactly what he wants he cries and points fingers at everyone but himself. The man who's supposedly leader of the free world refuses to work with the other side just as much as they don't want to work with him. The democrats claim Congress hasn't done it's job yet they've sent multiple budgets that never made it past the master of obstruction, Harry Reid's desk. Pretending the republicans and anyone who doesn't fall in line is the root of the worlds issues is foolish. They all play the game, and all should be held accountable.

Not only is Obama not a miracle worker, he makes it quite obvious that the bill of rights and the constitution aren't things he finds near and dear. That should be more alarming to people more than anyone else.

The idea that you're here in this post essentially blaming every issue on the GOP is pretty telling, I'm glad I went to private schools and wasn't subjected to the type of indoctrination some of you obviously were subjected to because you don't speak logic when you lay the blame solely on one political party.

18. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 8, 2013, 13:08 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 04:03:
ledhead1969 wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 02:05:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 21:05:
Overall I think Obama has been one of the better presidents our country has had over the past 100 years, especially given the unprecedented Republican intransigence and economic morass he has had to deal with. That being said, this program is illegal, and he's wrong about balancing privacy and security.

Yea, things have been just great the past 4 years. The fool in the WH can't get his scandals straight, the economy is a fucking mess, we are a joke internationally, everyone is being spied on. Yea, just great. Tell that to the Boston bomb victims, or the people who still can't get a job 5 years after the recession, or the guys still fighting in Afghanistan, or the...whatever, give me a break.

Ohh, and as for you bitching about Obama...own your vote. When Obamacare fucks this country and the medical industry in 2 years I'm sure Obama will still be one of the best presidents over the last 100 years. You liberals must be fucking brain damaged.

Given that Obama inherited the worst economic downturn in the last 80 years from the Republicans, and given that the Republicans during said downturn chose not to work with the president, but instead made a conspiracy to completely oppose 100% of his policies, including many, many policies Republicans had proposed in the past, he has actually accomplished quite a bit of good stuff.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but few agree with you. The POTUS has an approval rating of 51%. Congressional Repubs, 22%.

Democrats repealed the glass steagall act, Clinton started us on the path to recession, you just all blame Bush for it because it happened on his watch. Obama's done nothing but blame others and get more people on gov handouts. How many more years are liberals going to ride the Blame Bush Wagon? It's dishonest and isn't reality. When do our current problems become Obama's problems? After his two terms?

17. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 8, 2013, 13:02 RollinThundr

Harlequin wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 11:40:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Franklin

QFT

That said, while GENERALLY I like and support Obama I *thought* I was voting for a liberal democrat. What I ended up getting is a right leaning independent. I laugh at anyone who says hes mostly liberal. Sorry but hes to far from a moderate liberal as this whole NSA mess shows it scares me who I ended up with. He's actually more right then left on many topics you'd think the repubs would embrace this guy for being more like Bush jr then Clinton. But they rather attach him due to his race, inaccurate accusations or hair splitting.

Sadly I have given up on him doing anything I care about like the environment, renewable fuels, infrastructure, education and social programs.

Obama hardly leans to the right, would you say that because he takes lobby dollars like every other politician? He's more a authoritarian than anything else, all the scandals will eventually catch up with the dems here. Holder should be jailed and Obama should be impeached for pissing on the constitution over and over his entire presidency.

His Hope and Change message was a big huge lie, and you all fell for it twice.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
48. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2013, 12:04 RollinThundr

Enahs wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 09:40:
Redmask wrote on May 31, 2013, 23:53:
Enahs wrote on May 31, 2013, 22:03:
I appreciate that if you like the new start menu in Windows 8 is a personal preference, but you are just wrong!

It is awesome! Because you have been using the old traditional start menu with your mouse, which is just horrible inefficient!

With my Windows 8, if I want to load up the calculator I hit the meta key on my keyboard (the Windows key), type the letter 'c' and hit enter, boom, done. If I want to load up steam, meta key 'ste' enter.
If I want to load up something like inSSider, which I do not use often, there is no reason to have it pined to my start screen, or at the top of the old start menu, I just hit meta key ins enter. I can actually do that fast enough and hit enter, it does not actually display the search results, it just launches the program.

I appreciate that you like it but you are just wrong. Good luck training regular users to use search for everything because the USER INTERFACE has poor discoverability and can't multitask for shit despite the fact that everything in the past 20 years has been building on those core concepts. Most people could adjust just fine if they wanted to but really, what the fuck is the point when the new interface doesn't really offer any reason to bother? Yes let's go backward in time for no reason to help Microsoft compete with Apple, that sounds worth my time and money.

The user interface does not have poor discover-ability, that is just silly. Multi-tasking is kind of irrelevant for finding a file, or program, or just searching for something quick and simple.
I.E., you never multitasked on the old start menu, when should you be able to in the new one?

You shouldn't have to memorize a bunch of keyboard shortcuts when the old start, pick what you want to run, voila works just fine. Good luck teaching keyboard short cuts to those who are fairly computer illiterate no matter how many times you show them how to do something.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. removed May 31, 2013, 11:12 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 31, 2013, 21:08.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
15. Re: Evening Consolidation May 31, 2013, 10:39 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on May 31, 2013, 01:15:
entr0py wrote on May 31, 2013, 00:22:
I hope Microsoft is paying attention. EA must have had good reason to abandon their scheme to fine customers for reselling games. They didn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts, they did it because at some point screwing your customers becomes bad for business.

Nah, they did it because Microsoft was offering to do it for them. It'd be funny if MS abandoned the idea and leaves EA with its pants down.

Creston

Your outright hate for EA is sad. Give credit where it's due, they didn't need to grant open passes to their backlog of games at all.
Like I've said before EA could find a cure for cancer and people would still find a reason to persecute them for it as a bad thing.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed May 30, 2013, 12:08 RollinThundr

Jerykk wrote on May 30, 2013, 02:44:
Not really sure what Sarkeesian is trying to accomplish. The games industry is male-dominated and the vast majority of writers are not only male but also lousy writers. Male + lousy writer = sexist tropes. Nothing new there. Stating the obvious isn't going to change anyone's mind. Then she claims that these tropes desensitize men to violence against women. Even if that were true, getting rid of the tropes wouldn't stop people from committing violence. People commit violence because they had troubled upbringings (negligent and/or abusive parents, typically). If someone has no respect for the law or human life, changing the writing of videogames isn't going to fix that.

So, given that these videos are just stating the obvious and aren't going to change a thing, they basically boil down to glorified whining.

What every fembot is trying to acomplish, guilt for not being a woman. We're talking about an industry that the majority of women couldn't care less about only a few short years ago. What feminist of her branding want isn't equality, it's control.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
30. removed May 30, 2013, 09:54 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 30, 2013, 17:25.

28. Re: Morning Metaverse May 30, 2013, 08:24 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on May 30, 2013, 00:45:
What I find so goofy about this beaten-to-death-but-constantly-reoccurring topic is that it seems that a lot of the videogame tropes in question are due far more to laziness than to some ingrained sexism in the industry. They've worked for years and connect on even the lowest intellectual level, so they get used over and over. But everyone needs something to crusade for/against so that they feel noble and important, so whatever floats your boat I guess.

But but mah feelings! And all those privileged white men must pay! Yeah Feminist of the Anita Sarkeesian type do nothing to promote equality of women. If nothing else they actually hurt their entire movement.

27. Re: Morning Metaverse May 30, 2013, 07:19 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on May 29, 2013, 17:40:
RollinThundr wrote on May 29, 2013, 17:12:
No I means I don't subscribe to the liberal political correct pussification of America.

Ahh yes, more of your dumbed down, one sided political rants, just what the doctor ordered Rolleyes

If you even understood what the term beta meant properly in the context, you would realize you are one because you are tolerating a structure you do not like and have nothing to offer but meaningless words without action.

oh ffs, it's pretty obvious the agenda that's going on, you don't need Fox news to tell you, just open your eyes and pay attention. We're making a hard shift to the left, and we're going to pay for it hardcore.

18. Re: Morning Metaverse May 29, 2013, 17:12 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on May 29, 2013, 17:00:
RollinThundr wrote on May 29, 2013, 16:27:
Says the guy who runs from threads after one post 9 out of 10 times. Why don't you people just admit you're beta and move on. We know already.

'admit youre beta' the fact that you unironically said this tells people everything they need to know about you, pretty much short form for 'ignore everything i say my opinion is worthless'.

No I means I don't subscribe to the liberal political correct pussification of America.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo