Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
93. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 17:44 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 15:57:
NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 14:36:
Prez wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 14:30:

He's the only one on mine too. He is so deluded by his self-perceived superiority to such an extent that any deviation from his stated position puts you squarely in the category of the very villainy that he is raiiling against. Having an opposing opinion to his "perfect" one is akin to a crime.

Shit, I wasnt even opposing his opinion! We seemed to agree that there was an issue that needed solving, and I put forth the solution that worked in the past for other people, and suddenly I'm eating babies and raping women.

But you weren't agreeing there was a problem. You were focusing on the people opposed to sexism as the problem.

You were basically arguing "status quo" and saying only women can help themselves. Screw that notion. When you see something unfair you should speak up. You shouldn't just assume that the people being screwed over should be the only ones speaking up. And you shouldn't assume those speaking up for them are "white knighting."

Again, is Warren Buffet a white knight to the middle class when he writes an editorial about how unfair our tax code is? No. People don't use that stupid, sexist terminology. Not only do you use it, but you claim the ones you use it at are sexist.

It's backwards thinking.

Warren Buffet owes millions in backtaxes btw or rather one of his companies does. When he pays thatfirst then can rally on about "unfair" taxes all he likes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

92. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 17:40 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 16:00:
PHJF wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 15:57:
The "tropes in video games" video was misguided, noneducational, unentertaining nonsense. That's why it didn't get any supporters here. Women in video games ARE one-dimensional, helpess, and completely unrealistically portrayed... but so are men. Damsel in distress permeates every narrative outlet, why would video games be excepted?

This whole (non issue) goes back to basic marketing. The target market for most video games is 15-30 males. Elizabeth wasn't on the cover of Infinite because Ken Levine thought frat boys might buy a BioShock game if it had a gun-wielding dude on the cover. E3 is unequivocally used to sell products, and sex sells, a fact which isn't going to change without hell having frozen over, first. Ergo, boobs at E3.

But men are unrealistically portrayed in a more positive manner.
And it isn't as systematic against men.

Again, part of the issue is men looking at these as attacks and feeling like victims. Men unwilling to look past their own shoes.

I don't feel like a victim, I just feel white knights like you should prolly find better reasons to white knight for the PC/Feminist/Whatever the flavor of the week social issue it is this week, need to find better things to Rah rah rah about.

83. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 15:17 RollinThundr

NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 14:22:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 14:16:
NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 14:06:
"You don't agree with me therefore you are RollinThundr and are trolling!"

You know what Beamer? Fuck you, fuck your family, and the fuck the 13 generations of your ancestors.

I try to have a god damn civilized debate, and then you compare me to ROLLINTHUNDR of all people, some god damn right wing lunatic fucktard probably from Texas?

Seriously, eat a bag of dicks and choke to death on them. Welcome to ignore.

Actually I'm from Mass, the liberal bastion of the northeast, where the taxes and cost of living are high, the health care is even higher, thanks to Romneycare, Thanks Mittens! And I'd honestly consider myself more libertarian except when it comes to spending.

When you're knee deep in liberal policy you see how destructive it is. Look at Chicago or Detroit or DC for the perfect example of how NOT to do it.

You should try out west coast liberals, we have a much nicer time. And more weed.

Haha willing to share the bud, you can't be all that bad.

77. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 14:16 RollinThundr

NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 14:06:
"You don't agree with me therefore you are RollinThundr and are trolling!"

You know what Beamer? Fuck you, fuck your family, and the fuck the 13 generations of your ancestors.

I try to have a god damn civilized debate, and then you compare me to ROLLINTHUNDR of all people, some god damn right wing lunatic fucktard probably from Texas?

Seriously, eat a bag of dicks and choke to death on them. Welcome to ignore.

Actually I'm from Mass, the liberal bastion of the northeast, where the taxes and cost of living are high, the health care is even higher, thanks to Romneycare, Thanks Mittens! And I'd honestly consider myself more libertarian except when it comes to spending.

When you're knee deep in liberal policy you see how destructive it is. Look at Chicago or Detroit or DC for the perfect example of how NOT to do it.

71. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 13:47 RollinThundr

NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 13:34:
Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 13:23:
I mean, how fucking sexist is that term?

What's really sexist is acting as if women need some man sticking up for them to accomplish something. I find white knighting to be sexist chivalristic bullshit extension of the idea that women need to be protected.

Regardless, what the hell do you propose? Articles like this, when written by women, get shot down and responded with "get back in the kitchen." It makes the people on this board every bit as brainless as the ones on Kotaku. That Tropes & Video Games series is absolutely ripped apart with such logical fallacies as "its always been this way" and "stop whining" and "haha vagina."

If you concern yourself with what fucktards like TrollinThundr say and think, you're focusing on the wrong thing. Women don't owe those cavemen a fucking thing, and no number of articles is going to accomplish anything. Trying to convince a bunch of drooling basement-dwellers of your worth is a waste of time. They cannot be turned or convinced, ever. If you're seriously thinking that a well-crafted article and some forum posting is going to turn RollinThundr into an actual human being, I don't know what to say.

Are you proposing they take up violence? Because, clearly, well thought out editorials and videos don't get through the thick skulls of a bunch of scared boys that think they're better.

Taking up violence? No. Taking up C++ Primer Plus, developing a code portfolio, and getting into the industry by just being that damn good? Yes. It's how women are making head way in other male dominated industries. It's slow going, but you get what you work for.

Some idiot trolls on the Internet are not a meaningful barrier. They are noise.

Lol the wife actually laughed at this post. Sorry not all of us are on the politically correct bandwagon. Some of us aren't afraid to speak their mind and say exactly what they think, and really don't care if people get their panties up in a bunch because of it.

69. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 13:33 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 13:23:
NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 12:31:
Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 12:06:
NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 10:50:
Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 10:26:
Lastly, you guys flame the shit out of those Gaming Tropes & Women videos. Of course no women come here. This site is almost exclusively straight white males (with the occasional netnerd.) Now, is that because only straight white males enjoy video games, or is that because there's something in the culture of video games and proudly on display here that doesn't make other groups feel welcome?

Sexism is a reality of industries with a heavy gender leaning. And like I said earlier, it sounds like a Catch-22, but the solution really is to just market the fuck out of the industry to the female population. The more females there are, the more females will be interested in taking part. And once the gender imbalance starts to level out, you'll see the sexism start to fade away.

In short, sexism doesn't cause the lack of females in the industry, the lack of females in the industry causes the sexism. That imbalance in representation causes females to be considered the "other." and makes it very easy to fall into casual sexism.

We've seen this throughout history. That's just how society works. If you want something, you have to fight for it. If you're sitting around waiting for straight white male sausage fest to stop being sexist, racist, and homophobic, you'll be waiting forever, because it's not going to happen. Put a bunch of similar people together, and very quickly the people who aren't similar become the butt of all the jokes.

If you really believe sexism is the cause of the problem, and not a symptom, then what's the solution? How are you going to get a bunch of straight white males hanging out with other straight white males to stop being racist, homophobic and sexist?

I disagree with you on the chicken-egg thing.

And what industries are heavy-gender-leaning against females? Strippers? Hooter's Waitresses?
Even areas that tend to be very female leaning, like fashion and HR, typically have men at the top. How many female fashion designers can you name off the top of your head? How many males? And there are far more male CHROs (going by different titles everywhere) in Fortune 500 companies than female ones, yet HR is a function typically about 85% female.

NKD, a bunch of straight white males hanging out with other straight white males can stop being racist, homophobic and sexist by growing some empathy. The most common argument is "blah blah blah ME blah blah blah." They need to learn this isn't about them, or how it makes them feel. Sure, maybe they never yelled "hey, nice ass" at a girl walking down the street, but they're certainly enabling it by defending it here and, in the case of some, claiming it's actually something women want because the one time it happened to their wife she enjoyed it.

Put yourself in the shoes of someone else. And not with your own experiences, but imagine going through life as them.
It really helps.

Or, more importantly, expand your interactions. I'm sure you have other hobbies that attracts a more diverse group of people. Have these discussions with them.

Lastly, accept that you may passively be part of a problem without suddenly feeling like part of a witchhunt, getting defense, and digging further into it. Man, some of the comments in this thread are outright ignorant, followed by "and why do people call me ignorant!" Because you're unwilling to learn and see someone else's point of view (not you NKD, others.)

You're talking about goals, but not offering a solution of how to get there. How are you proposing to instill empathy in someone? You can't get someone to empathize with you if, for all intents and purposes, you don't exist to them. No one is going to learn to empathize with women if there are no women around. Like I said, if you put a bunch of similar people together, quickly the people who are not similar are the butt of all the jokes.

Women have to decide they want to be a part of something, and take it for themselves. They neither need nor want a bunch of white knights. The first blacks to play baseball, or work in various industries, didn't sit around and wait for white people to stop being racist dickbags before they tried to participate. If they had, they'd still be waiting!

No discriminated or oppressed class ever got the respect they deserve by sitting around waiting for charity or waiting for society to change. They fought for that change by putting themselves out there.

I really fail to understand what side your on here.

How do you force change? In some ways its conversation. In other ways, it takes someone being a dick to everyone else forcing what's right. See: women's suffrage.

Women HAVE decided to be a part of something, but the conversation is a losing one. If you're a woman, how many times do you want to be called a "feminazi" by asswipes like RollinThundr before you just give up and decide you really don't want to be around a whole bunch of ignorant morons who use terms like "white knighting?"

And yes, "feminazi" is pretty common around here. RollinThundr and Prez both like the term. "White knight" is one you just used yourself.

Sorry, when one group has power, usually people in that group need to cede power before another group can get that. Use your weasel words if you want, but it doesn't really change that fact.
I don't get why that term only works here, either. Plenty of celebrities that make enormous amounts of money feel that there's a large wealth inequality in this country. People like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, too, talk about it all the time. Are they called "White knights?"

I mean, how fucking sexist is that term?

Regardless, what the hell do you propose? Articles like this, when written by women, get shot down and responded with "get back in the kitchen." It makes the people on this board every bit as brainless as the ones on Kotaku. That Tropes & Video Games series is absolutely ripped apart with such logical fallacies as "its always been this way" and "stop whining" and "haha vagina."

Are you proposing they take up violence? Because, clearly, well thought out editorials and videos don't get through the thick skulls of a bunch of scared boys that think they're better.

You're assuming here that I mean every feminist, I don't. Just the one's that get people fired for making a dongle joke, or using Kickstarter to push forth an agenda on silly gaming tropes. Those types ARE Feminazi's whether you want to admit it or not.

Fact of the matter is most women couldn't care less about gaming. That's just fact. Why should the industry change or make games that don't cater to their actual audience who is going to spend money to buy said game or product in the first place?

When woman seriously start to actually play FPS'es or RTS'es you'd have a point. Until that happens in force you're calling for change where none is needed just to push forth an agenda that there's this huge war on women based on a couple of stupid stupid comments a couple politicians have made.

63. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 12:36 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 12:06:
NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 10:50:
Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 10:26:
Lastly, you guys flame the shit out of those Gaming Tropes & Women videos. Of course no women come here. This site is almost exclusively straight white males (with the occasional netnerd.) Now, is that because only straight white males enjoy video games, or is that because there's something in the culture of video games and proudly on display here that doesn't make other groups feel welcome?

Sexism is a reality of industries with a heavy gender leaning. And like I said earlier, it sounds like a Catch-22, but the solution really is to just market the fuck out of the industry to the female population. The more females there are, the more females will be interested in taking part. And once the gender imbalance starts to level out, you'll see the sexism start to fade away.

In short, sexism doesn't cause the lack of females in the industry, the lack of females in the industry causes the sexism. That imbalance in representation causes females to be considered the "other." and makes it very easy to fall into casual sexism.

We've seen this throughout history. That's just how society works. If you want something, you have to fight for it. If you're sitting around waiting for straight white male sausage fest to stop being sexist, racist, and homophobic, you'll be waiting forever, because it's not going to happen. Put a bunch of similar people together, and very quickly the people who aren't similar become the butt of all the jokes.

If you really believe sexism is the cause of the problem, and not a symptom, then what's the solution? How are you going to get a bunch of straight white males hanging out with other straight white males to stop being racist, homophobic and sexist?

I disagree with you on the chicken-egg thing.

And what industries are heavy-gender-leaning against females? Strippers? Hooter's Waitresses?
Even areas that tend to be very female leaning, like fashion and HR, typically have men at the top. How many female fashion designers can you name off the top of your head? How many males? And there are far more male CHROs (going by different titles everywhere) in Fortune 500 companies than female ones, yet HR is a function typically about 85% female.

NKD, a bunch of straight white males hanging out with other straight white males can stop being racist, homophobic and sexist by growing some empathy. The most common argument is "blah blah blah ME blah blah blah." They need to learn this isn't about them, or how it makes them feel. Sure, maybe they never yelled "hey, nice ass" at a girl walking down the street, but they're certainly enabling it by defending it here and, in the case of some, claiming it's actually something women want because the one time it happened to their wife she enjoyed it.

Put yourself in the shoes of someone else. And not with your own experiences, but imagine going through life as them.
It really helps.

Or, more importantly, expand your interactions. I'm sure you have other hobbies that attracts a more diverse group of people. Have these discussions with them.

Lastly, accept that you may passively be part of a problem without suddenly feeling like part of a witchhunt, getting defense, and digging further into it. Man, some of the comments in this thread are outright ignorant, followed by "and why do people call me ignorant!" Because you're unwilling to learn and see someone else's point of view (not you NKD, others.)

LOL growing some empathy? Why not give them all a steady dose of estrogen while you're at it. That way you can have everyone docile and pussified just like you lefties like.

People like you are a god damn disease.

52. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 08:33 RollinThundr

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 00:26:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 23:15:
NKD wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 22:55:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 22:42:

I think the real issue is most women just aren't interested in building video games in the first place. The idea that there's all these millions of women who are playing console and PC games is just not reality.

So it makes sense that it would be a male dominated industry.
It does limit the recruiting pool significantly. You have to start getting them interested young. You first have to be interested in games before you can be interested in making them. The reason there are so few women in the games industry is because there are social stigmas that say women can't be serious gamers. You have to attract girls to gaming to get them out of their shell of conformity to societal norms. Look at male nurses, still fairly rare because of some macho pre-conceptions that it's a girls job, but they are making strides in that area by showing male nurses on TV shows etc.

Painting sexism as the bogeyman doesn't work because by the time a girl even has the social awareness to really see sexism, it's too late. If she's already interested in games, some perceived sexism isn't going to stop her from pursuing her dream. If she isn't interested, then it doesn't matter, you're not going to get her now, she's already got other dreams.

Which is why I find calling the game industry sexist because of a few booth babes at E3 so god damn ridiculous. Women generally don't get into techy games shit, that's just how it is. Yet we're now hearing these loud voices from a vocal minority of feminist who paint such a bullshit sob story. Anyone with half a brain can see through it. The ones who do fall for this shit generally fall into the PC/Thought police crowd to begin with, beating their little war drum for their socially created war on women that doesn't really exist.
You know it was a male who wrote the article right? My god you're dense! Try actually clicking the link before mouthing off! Unless one male suddenly represents a minority of feminists...

In fact, it seems men are more offended by sexism then women, which I find weird.

Yep and there's been many articles lately from feminists on the same topic. It doesn't change my stance. This is another invented social issue to deflect from actual serious issues like the deficit.

39. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 16, 2013, 23:39 RollinThundr

Rossafur wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 23:18:
killer_roach wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 23:10:
Quoting the title of Adam Carolla's book?

Maaaaybe. ;-) Haha

Just imagine how rich and powerful Oprah could have been, if only we weren't such a horribly sexist (and racist!) society!

And Obama getting elected twice. America's so racist though!

36. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 16, 2013, 23:15 RollinThundr

NKD wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 22:55:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 22:42:

I think the real issue is most women just aren't interested in building video games in the first place. The idea that there's all these millions of women who are playing console and PC games is just not reality.

It does limit the recruiting pool significantly. You have to start getting them interested young. You first have to be interested in games before you can be interested in making them. The reason there are so few women in the games industry is because there are social stigmas that say women can't be serious gamers. You have to attract girls to gaming to get them out of their shell of conformity to societal norms. Look at male nurses, still fairly rare because of some macho pre-conceptions that it's a girls job, but they are making strides in that area by showing male nurses on TV shows etc.

Painting sexism as the bogeyman doesn't work because by the time a girl even has the social awareness to really see sexism, it's too late. If she's already interested in games, some perceived sexism isn't going to stop her from pursuing her dream. If she isn't interested, then it doesn't matter, you're not going to get her now, she's already got other dreams.

Which is why I find calling the game industry sexist because of a few booth babes at E3 so god damn ridiculous. Women generally don't get into techy games shit, that's just how it is. Yet we're now hearing these loud voices from a vocal minority of feminist who paint such a bullshit sob story. Anyone with half a brain can see through it. The ones who do fall for this shit generally fall into the PC/Thought police crowd to begin with, beating their little war drum for their socially created war on women that doesn't really exist.

30. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 16, 2013, 22:42 RollinThundr

Jerykk wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 22:31:
NKD wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 22:17:
Beamer wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 22:14:

I don't get your point. "I don't see how one problematic industry is different than another problematic industry." So people shouldn't try to improve something if other things are also screwed up?

I'm saying worrying about some minor contributing factor in one industry is counter-productive to solving the greater issue, which is getting women interested in the industry. "There are booth babes at cons!" isn't the big deterrent to getting women involved. It's the men. Women don't want to be part of a sausage fest, so it'll be slow going building momentum. The more women there are, the more women who will want to join in.

I think the issue is that women don't want to join the games industry because it's perceived as being sexist. This perception is supported by many things, booth babes not the least of them. If you had no interest in being a model, would you really want to join an industry where people only acknowledge your appearance and not your skills and accomplishments? There are a lot of variables at work here and getting rid of booth babes obviously wouldn't solve everything. However, it would at least be a start.

24. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 16, 2013, 22:04 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 21:08:
Morga wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 20:40:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 20:34:
Pumas wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 18:36:
One could argue that a modeling career promotes the objectification of men and women. At E3, the primary role of women is to serve as eye candy. If you're a semi-attractive female at E3, there's a pretty good chance you'll be mistaken for a booth babe. I know because that happened to my friend at this E3. If there were no booth babes, this wouldn't happen.

People Voluntarily choose to become models. They reap financial benefits with their attractiveness, some women become super-models.

Whether a company hires booth-babes or booth-dudes to promote their products is their choice and they have every right in a free society.

If you're mistaken for something you're not is no justification to then stereotype all men as being ignorant in that regard.

Most dirty, dangerous jobs are done by men. Trash collector, plumber, soldier, sewage worker, miner etc. 95% of workplace deaths are men, and consequently men have 6 year lower life-expectancy.
The feminists don't care about those things though, because it affects men.

Do you want a White History Month, too?

No one has ever mistaken me for a soldier, sewage worker, miner, etc. I don't go down the road getting leered at. I've never had a superior make a pass at me.

Incidentally, those jobs you listed? Ones you claim are male-dominated? What percentage of women that apply for those jobs do you think actually get taken seriously?

We know, there's this huge war on women, and it's all the Republicans behind it of course. I bet no one ever mistook you for having a brain either with the way you tow the PC stance, history revisions, and feminazis of the world either.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 16, 2013, 21:39 RollinThundr

mag wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 20:58:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 17:13:
Sure does seem funny for a 'patriot' to end up in Hong Kong, which just happens to be a protectorate of China I believe.

Just sayin.

Well, y'know. When the US government wants to put patriots in jail, and would strongarm most other countries into complying...

But we're not heading towards a police state, there's no attempting to gun grab, or invalidate the 2nd amendment. Just ask Beamer or the like. This NSA stuff is icing on the cake really. Funny how little we're hearing in the media aside from "Faux" as the liberals like to call it. Go figure.

It's a shame American voters don't make the effort to learn what some of these politicians are really about, and I'm talking both parties, because it's certainly not limited to one or the other.

News Comments > Op Ed
94. removed Jun 14, 2013, 11:50 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 14, 2013, 12:23.

News Comments > Op Ed
86. Re: Op Ed Jun 13, 2013, 21:29 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 17:31:
William Usher wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 16:53:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 12:21:

[snip] But what kind of fucked up parenting brings someone up doing the wolf whistle on a MICROSOFT PR EVENT (it's bad enough there are still cretins around doing it in public in bars and clubs (Although I have seen clubs that threw people out for doing it))

Whoa, wow...so wolf whistling is now sexist and the result of bad parenting? Wow.

Also, you can get ejected from a club for wolf whistling? Really? So using non-verbal gestures to indicate that someone is worth whistling to is now misogynistic and sexist?

Oh boy. Does this also apply as being rude and inappropriate if a guy does it to another guy?

Wait, you don't think wolf whistling is sexist?

Who cares what it is when a guy does it to another guy. This isn't about guys. Men need to stop going "but what if it's done to a guy!" It's bad to punch a guy sitting in the cube next to you, but ok to punch him in a ring? What gives?!

Ask women if they like being catcalled when they're walking to work.
To both points, we have more than a handful of guys here that would be quite upset if a group of gay men wolf whistled them as they were walking through the supermarket.

Hooray for double standards. If everyone wasn't so over sensitive these days it would even be an issue. I'd love to know when we stopped governing on logic and instead decided to do everything based on feelings. Life's tough wear a god damn helmet ffs.

News Comments > Op Ed
83. Re: Op Ed Jun 13, 2013, 18:40 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 18:48:
NKD wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 18:43:
Prez wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 18:31:
It's nice to see that a couple of people have some perspective and aren't being run by their emotions. Talk about absolutely asinine comparisons or hypotheticals - this thread takes the cake.

"I have a grandmother that died so no one can ever make a joke about old people again!! Waaah!" Give me a goddammed break.

No. Kidding. People want to talk about rape jokes? This thread is a god damn mental rape. I feel violated having even participated in it.

Haha! Good one. Uh-oh - I just laughed at your rape joke. I must be the scum of the earth.

I think hypersensitivity should be listed as a medical disorder. Doctors could treat it by mandatory daily doses of Louis C.K.

We can just roll hypersensitivity as a disorder and merge that with liberalism, since both are pretty much one and the same. Never base anything on logic or reality, just MUH FEELINGS!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 13, 2013, 15:20 RollinThundr

NKD wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 04:51:
Faux News would find a way to justify literally anything.
I suppose you prefer the 85% opinion 15% "news" of MSNBC? Faux News indeed.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2013, 17:32 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 16:55:
Panickd wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 16:39:
Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 15:03:
Panickd wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 14:44:
Not sure whatever happened to the whole idea of Free Speech. You know, "I don't support what you say but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it!"? Remember? So important that they made it number 1 on the bill of rights in a country where everyone loves their gun but guns got second billing!

People really need to stop believing that they have the God given right to not be offended. You don't. In fact the whole idea of free speech inherently means that you probably will be offended quite regularly. And the anonymity of the Internet assures that.

No one is saying anything against Free Speech here, except for you, ironically.

Yeah, except everyone saying you can't make jokes about rape or make bigoted statements. That's free speech whether you like it or not. Again, you don't have the right to not be offended so suck it up.

Stop being dense. We're perfectly free to say that we don't think people should be able to make jokes about rape or make bigoted statements without being mocked and losing sales for it.

See. Free.

No one is saying that the government should arrest anyone making a joke about rape or bigoted speech. And, hell, that isn't free speech.

Two things you need to understand about free speech before you make an ass about yourself whining about it:
1) Freedom of speech means freedom from the government, not private entities or individuals. If I go into someone's house and call their mother a whore they're free to throw me out
2) Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from repercussions of that speech. We have endless laws, civil and criminal, that penalize you for saying something stupid. If I write a book about how you enjoy killing kittens, you can sue me for it. If I yell "fire" in an airplane I can go to jail for it (technically you do not have the freedom to do this as it isn't protected speech.) Generally, the government can't stop you from saying something protected, but they can penalize you for it

The fact that you liberals can take standard gaming trash talk, turn it into implied rape and then decry how wrong it is, no matter how many times I see shit like that it still astounds me each and every time.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
48. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 12, 2013, 16:12 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 01:12:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 11:43:
Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 10:17:
Wait, did someone just say I'm pro DNC and, even weird, pro union?

Or that I haven't criticized Obama pretty much endlessly, for pretty much everything, from drone strikes to the patriot act to general ineffectiveness?

Jesus, no matter how many times you say things some people just lack reading comprehension and any form of IQ.

Cutter's made it apparent he's very pro union, and you've done a lovely job of playing the race card on a regular basis anytime someone is critical of this administration. Just admit it and lets move on shall we?

I've said over and over we're heading towards a totalitarian government, this is just the tip of the ice berg.

I am Conservative and I am pro-union.....of course I think it has it's faults, limits, and isn't for everyone/group. There are areas it makes sense (workers rights, protection from ridiculous lawsuits, etc) but there are also areas where it makes no sense (Minnesota and childcare).

Oh well...another political throw around - can we get rid of the 2 party system yet?

Unions are great when they're not corrupt and essentially not just pure money funneling for the DNC. Unfortunately the majority of them are corrupt.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2013, 15:58 RollinThundr

PHJF wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 15:50:
“Just let it happen. It’ll be over soon.”

That's pretty tame for gamer trash talk.

It's typical PC lefttards overreacting as usual. They have to promote the huge war on women social issue they've created.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo