Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 8, 2013, 15:13 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2013, 17:43:
ViRGE wrote on Jul 6, 2013, 12:58:
Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2013, 12:31:
Good old Verizon. "It's damaged beyond repair." No, it's damaged beyond your WILLINGNESS to repair it. Those two are not the same fucking thing.
Not quite. Salt water + copper wiring leads to the outright destruction of copper wiring. I mean yeah, bringing back the service is technically "repairing" it, but in reality what has to happen is that Verizon would need to lay down a completely new network. And given they just lost their copper plants it would have to be a fiber network at easily over 10K/home.

That stuff is expensive at a time when people are getting rid of landlines.

And? Fine, if Verizon doesn't want to do it, get out of the area altogether, so another provider can get in there. And they don't want to do that either, because they charge those people higher than normal fees for being in a "difficult to serve" area. It's basically a printing press for money.

This fucking idea that reigns here in the US that if a corporation's infrastructure breaks down, the customer should somehow foot the bill is utterly retarded.

Creston

Considering Obama appointed a former telcom exec as head of the FCC there's no doubt they're fine with this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2013, 10:29 RollinThundr

Pigeon wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 09:40:
Leave it to Nintendo to be blind sided by technology that has been mainstream for the last 8 years or so.

Kinda status quo for them since the N64 on really.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 12:28 RollinThundr

wtf_man wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 09:43:
Julie Larson-Green 'poised to become next Xbox One boss

Brought us the Ribbon and Tiles.

/facepalm

And the added bonus of having one of those douchebag hyphenated last names to boot.

News Comments > On the Future of Diablo III
14. Re: On the Future of Diablo III Jul 2, 2013, 12:48 RollinThundr

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 10:26:
Wow, another four+ months before the itemization patch? Wtf have they been doing for the past 4-5 months since the last half assed patch?

Well this should free up some space on people's harddrives who were holding out hope of this game improving anytime soon.

The same thing Blizzard always does, fail to be good at project management, lots of hookers and blow.

News Comments > Report: Don Mattrick Leaving Microsoft for Zynga
34. Re: Report: Don Mattrick Leaving Microsoft for Zynga Jul 2, 2013, 08:25 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 19:35:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 15:21:
So a few armchair quaterbacks on BN have it all figured out apparently. The guy was at EA almost since they were founded, and wasn't at MS very long at all. But Cutter and Creston surely have it figured out, he totally got fired.

Speaking of no-talent assclowns....

I used to work for Mattrick so I have some first-hand knowledge on the subject, and you don't. But hey, when has that ever stopped Trollin' Thunder from getting everything bass ackwards?

Do you work at MS now? Were you there? No? STFU already then. The guy was hired essentially before he was fired as you put it. I get the feeling ol Donny already had Zynga lined up.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
18. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2013, 19:20 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 00:45:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 21:23:
We started taxing in the US due to the war of 1812. The the Civil War. We didn't have a permanent income tax until 1913 due to the 16th amendment. One year before WWI.

Our middle class may as well be poor, as most of us are in debt. Our "poor" people mostly live for free on tax money stolen from the middle class.

You're almost right:
1) We did NOT start taxing in the war of 1812. We proposed taxing. We did not actually do it because the war ended
2) You're blaming the wrong class. Should you blame the class that can't get jobs, the class that is in debt due to not being paid enough for their jobs, or the class that actually controls creating jobs and determining pay?

So of course it's the 1%'s fault that people refuse to take any responsibility for themselves, how dare they not hand out a life to those who didn't go through school or made any attempts to better their lives? Right I keep forgetting the term personal responsibility is lost on you.

21. Re: Report: Don Mattrick Leaving Microsoft for Zynga Jul 1, 2013, 15:53 RollinThundr

wtf_man wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 15:47:
Redmask wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 15:32:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 15:26:
Goes from one sinking ship to another. About as stupid ass a move as I can think of. Of course he is not that bright to start with and Zynga people are not much better.

He didn't have much choice in the matter, he was on the chopping block anyway.

Well according some articles... he was in negotiation for this move before Ballmer's "restructure", and Zynga favors him for a track record of turning companies around. Also, I guess even EA was considering him.

I tend to hope things were accelerated since his "get a 360" comment.

I don't know why he would even consider EA, he was there for over a decade. EA isn't exactly in great shape financials wise these days either.

16. Re: Report: Don Mattrick Leaving Microsoft for Zynga Jul 1, 2013, 15:21 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 14:48:
Ahahahaha! Ho ho hee hee ha ha! Leaving my ass! He got shitcanned for sure. And why would Zynga want him? To help pick over the remains of its corpse? What a no-talent assclown!

So a few armchair quaterbacks on BN have it all figured out apparently. The guy was at EA almost since they were founded, and wasn't at MS very long at all. But Cutter and Creston surely have it figured out, he totally got fired.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 1, 2013, 14:41 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 13:08:
"A long history of giving up in the mobile market." Care for examples? There was the Kin, but Verizon is as much to blame.

Kin, PocketPC, WinMo, the list goes on. If I sat here talking about every failed handheld platform Microsoft made I would bore myself to sleep. This is the company that had a 10 year headstart on mobile and tablets and still lost the market.

You seem like a walking Microsoft talking point so I'm through wasting time, feel free to adopt their dead ass platform all you want.

Did you forget that Beamer knows everything about everything and isn't afraid to say so?

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Preorders
13. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 27, 2013, 17:34 RollinThundr

Shataan wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 20:27:
I was a Founder....but got my refund because MWO really was not the Mechwarrior that I was hoping for. Tbh...TitanFall looks to be offering an evolution of Next Gen mech exosuit piloting experience. Altho....I really would prefer a sp campaign as apposed to just mp. I am looking for something really out there. Mwo is already dated.

I'm really not sure what you were expecting from a game that isn't even feature complete at this point. The mechs behave like they should, the game has tactics if you want to use them. I would have loved a single player as much as the next guy but it seems the whole fact that no publisher was willing to fund it is lost on some people.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 27, 2013, 11:25 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 13:47:
Funny how he never did this with cops, or bikers, or thugs. Nor is he proving anything about surveillance in society. CCTV is there - ostensibly - to protect people. He's simply doing this for no reason other than to provoke a reaction.
Those who would trade in their freedom for their protection deserve neither. Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security. In other words stop being a sheep.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 09:51 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 09:47:
nin wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 09:25:
Xbox One and Xbox 360 Games Win Big at E3. Denial is one thing. Self-deception is another.

Yeah, from news.xbox.com...nice try!

About as trustworthy as the official chinese news agency, or FOX, or CNN....

Funny how you left the most unreliable "news source" off that list. Go figure.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Preorders
9. Re: MechWarrior Online Preorders Jun 26, 2013, 14:10 RollinThundr

vrok wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 02:27:
Even founders with a lot of money invested into the game have left in droves. Do not buy anything for this game without extensively trying it first and seeing how the developers react to issues. And not until they actually manage to get community warfare off the ground. It's pretty much a vaporware feature by now, being pushed further and further off, while nickle-and-diming the remaining hopeful but small player base into infinity.

Their word and supposed deadlines have been proven to be false a hundred times over, and they even removed their own main discussion forum in favor of splitting it to 20 sub-forums to mitigate the constant criticism being posted.

Tread carefully. You have been warned.

They have already set a date for community warfare, it'll be in by the end of September. At the same rate they need to make money to continue development. The overlord package for this is actually not a bad deal, 12 variants, 120 days of premium time if you jumped on it right away, and additional items for Cbill and xp boosts.

Considering the changes to jump jets, machine gun damage increases among other things, I'd say they actually do listen to the community quite well even if they do have a habit of going one extreme or the other on changes rather than trying to find a middle ground at times.

Over all having been playing since closed beta I've gotten about a year out of this game and still continue to play it every day and have a blast with the group of guys I drop with. YMMV obviously. But the doom and gloom you're preaching isn't at all accurate.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
48. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 26, 2013, 08:47 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 20:12:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 04:36:
Beamer wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 20:33:
Transparency also sounds well and good, but a government can't be transparent about everything and still operate.

Completely untrue. Secrecy is the antithesis of democracy.

Really?
So you think we can actually run a department of defense with complete transparency? We should be putting on the internet somewhere every single thing that we do?

How about the CIA? "Complete transparency" would mean that RollinThundr could sit there and look at the names and locations of all CIA agents worldwide. That's the extreme, but just evidence that some things can't be transparent.

There's a line, and those of you saying all transparency are bad are using blanket statements you shouldn't. Hell, should the FDA be completely transparent on everything it's investigating? Its decisions can drastically change the economy, which is why they usually don't show transparency until they actually make a decision - letting people know what they're working on just causes too much speculation and too little stability.

I am with you guys that we haven't been transparent enough, but some of you are using absolute terminology that's just ridiculous.

Obviously they're not going to put military plans on google don't be ridiculous. But your boy Obama promised change, promised transparency and communication with US, THE PEOPLE, and we got none of that, instead he continued the mistake of the patriot act and went one further by drone striking US citizens. No Beamer we're not moving towards totalitarian rule at all.

For example, how many more times are we going to hear "you have to pass this to know what's in it" from this administration?

How many people with any sort of intelligence actually agree with Obamacare?

See where I'm going with this?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
42. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2013, 16:28 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 04:36:
Beamer wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 20:33:
Transparency also sounds well and good, but a government can't be transparent about everything and still operate.

Completely untrue. Secrecy is the antithesis of democracy.

Totally completely untrue, not shocked Beamer is fine with the government not letting the American people know that their own government is spying on them. Not that we didn't really know already anyway.

When the fences go up Beamer you won't get special treatment, keep that in mind.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Refused Oz Classification
11. Re: Saints Row IV Refused Oz Classification Jun 25, 2013, 13:58 RollinThundr

Police states are awesome right guis? right?  

News Comments > Two More Atari Properties Sold
10. Re: Two More Atari Properties Sold Jun 25, 2013, 09:05 RollinThundr

avianflu wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 08:37:
Someone will outright sell the Atari brandname too, at some point when the assets are sold.

The brand isn't worth much now that Infograms trampled all over it for nearly the past decade.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2013, 08:22 RollinThundr

El Pit wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 00:11:
White House take on it:
WE THE PEOPLE... are not to be trusted.

The government was caught red-handed. THAT is worth an impeachment, not what Clinton did.

Clinton lied under oath, certainly impeachable, though Obama takes the cake with how well he's done the exact opposite of anything he's promised. Granted people should have known better than to trust a narcissistic marxist in the first place.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
16. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2013, 11:47 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 10:36:
Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 08:57:
I don't really understand the hero worship, looking at what they were actually collecting surprised me because I had assumed it would be much worse based on all of the press coverage. They were doing it legally from what I can tell too, just not with a lot of public awareness. The public will forget anyways when the next celebrity dies so I think this whole thing will be in vain.

Yup, it 100% looks legal, which is why I don't get ASeven't comment. I haven't followed it closely, but it appears to be entirely legal.

Which doesn't make it better, but the outrage of "he uncovered the most illegal thing our government is doing" isn't at all correct.

Legal or not the US government should not be recording peoples phone conversations, regardless of which party is in office.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2013, 08:58 RollinThundr

Julio wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 16:44:
Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 16:39:
3) Murder an entire orphanage.

That wouldn't be on the radar for the US government as an issue would it?

Only if the left could then use it as fuel to strip your 2nd amendment rights.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo