Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta in October; Release Delayed
16. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta in October; Release Delayed Jul 20, 2013, 12:23 RollinThundr

Squirmer wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 20:09:
He means Double Fine I'm guessing. They're only releasing the first half of their game to begin with because they ran out of money.

Hairbrained I'm guessing, since the backed Shadowrun bonus goals will be done as an expansion instead of being in the core product free to KS backers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Detriot Jul 19, 2013, 13:15 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 13:10:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 10:49:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 10:37:
Once the fourth largest city in the US.. it is somewhat stunning a major metro area could fall that far and pretty much so completely. Let's just hope it isn't a sign of things to come elsewhere...

50 years of liberal management and corrupt unions will do that to a city. Chicago's next.

How odd, given that it's Blue States that subsidize Red ones. But hey, as usual, never let the facts get in your way, huh Trollin?

That is the fact, Detroit along with Chicago are two of the biggest shitholes in the US. It's also fact both cities have been run by democrats for the last 50 years or so. Liberal fiscal policy fails every time, in Detroit's case there were other factors as well what with the US automotive industry collapsing, along with all the corrupt officials, remember Kwame Kilpatrick?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Detriot Jul 19, 2013, 10:49 RollinThundr

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 10:37:
Once the fourth largest city in the US.. it is somewhat stunning a major metro area could fall that far and pretty much so completely. Let's just hope it isn't a sign of things to come elsewhere...

50 years of liberal management and corrupt unions will do that to a city. Chicago's next.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 19, 2013, 08:34 RollinThundr

Sepharo wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 20:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 09:36:
I worry more about those who get all their news from TV and buy into the whole mantra

Are you sure you're not one of those?

Though it's funny that all the liberals back then who had issues with the patriot act all sound like crickets now that it's been continued under a liberal administration. Go figure.
NO. I am vocally angry about the patriot act, the abuse of the FISA court, and all of the rest of this shit, and so are most of the lefties I know.

Most of the things you rant about seem to be through that TV news prism. And it's often "all the liberals this" and "all the liberals that" with you.
... Want a tip on how you know you're probably wrong about something? It's when you use the words "all" or "always".

It's more from online news stories to be honest, the only tv I watch at all is the NHL and obviously hockey is over during the summer.

The Zimmerman case for example, I have lost count of how many obvious liberals are still trying to make the case for racism when clearly that had zero to do with anything. These people have to get it from somewhere, and I'd not be surprised if that somewhere was MSN or all those liberal douchebags on the View or some shit.

It's amazing to me just how uneducated people are in the US when it comes to facts politically. And how many lies there are on both sides really. It's a shame politicians can't debate issues rather than just smear each other or play the blame game on a constant basis.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Campaign Details
7. Re: Battlefield 4 Campaign Details Jul 18, 2013, 17:27 RollinThundr

nin wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 16:33:
Bleh, any Battlefield single player campaign. Waste of resources.

Maybe to you, but it's the reason I'm interested in it...

Same, it's the same reason my excitement for Titanfall went down to pretty much zero since it's MP only.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 18, 2013, 17:25 RollinThundr

ldonyo wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 15:10:
EA can just do what they've been doing, recycling the same game year after year with nothing more than cosmetic changes. They can even keep the same packaging, just add, "Not", in front of "NCAA". No one will ever know...

Spoken like someone who hasn't played an EA sports title in a while. Both NHL and FIFA have made vast strides this gen way beyond cosmetic changes, including full physics, but that's ok keep talking out your ass.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: The cops are tracking my car—and yours. Jul 18, 2013, 16:53 RollinThundr

LittleMe wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 12:37:
That's why I'm a member of the ACLU. But what does privacy mean? Is it private to be in a public place and drive your car? What are the expectations? It becomes more difficult with how much freedom you have in public. What do folks define their privacy as?

There's a big difference between 'expectations of privacy' and 'dragnet surveillance.' Wait, it isn't a privacy issue at all, to me. It's one of our inalienable human rights being respected. So when he lumps it into the 'privacy' category he's creating a straw man argument.

This is NOT a privacy issue. It's about our forth amendment rights being violated. Perhaps they should not retain any data that isn't directly relevant to an open case involving specific LP's.

Regardless if it's a privacy or 4th amendment right, and btw I agree with you, doesn't really make a difference though. We are heading towards a total police state all because voters don't pay any attention to what's truly going on and can't generally see past their own noses.

10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 18, 2013, 09:36 RollinThundr

Sepharo wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 23:36:
And I'm glad to hear that. I was more referring to the majority liberal media however who continues to give a pass to Obama and Co on everything from the Patriot act to Bhengazi, to Obamacare etc etc etc.

Stop watching the news. When something isn't covered by TV news it doesn't mean nobody cares about it it just means it doesn't have the mass appeal to the dumb multitudes.

Oh I'm not worried about me watching the news, I worry more about those who get all their news from TV and buy into the whole mantra that every issue in the world is to be blamed on the GOP or conservatives. And with how many low information voters we have most of the idiots buy into it.

Personally I'd like to see this country not go the authoritarian route. But if we're going to continue to just lie and sweep every scandal with a democrat at the base of it under the rug that's prolly not going to end well.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2013, 09:24 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 21:00:
When's the last time EA made a really new sports game that wasn't really anything more than some roster changes or new camera angles?

And fuck the NCAA. Those guys are worse than the mafia. I've always been a proponent of paying the college players given how much money they generate. Otherwise they get smacked on the pee pee for accepting "gifts" while the NCAA suits live the life of Reilly. It's like the IOC. Straight up gangsta!

The NHL series on this last gen of consoles was completely built from the ground up, EA skipped the first year on the 360/PS3. And it's arguably their best sports title in their catalog because of it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2013, 09:22 RollinThundr

gilly775 wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 08:10:
Well, this is disappointing. I hope this isn't the end of a NCAA college football game.

It isn't, they still have a strong relationship with the Collegiate Licensing Company they'll just call it College Football 15 or something next year and drop the NCAA branding. The series isn't going away.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2013, 09:20 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 23:27:
SMA, I always love when you chime in, but let's not make a mountain out of molehill. You know what exactly what I'm saying. Christ, most kids can't or won't even capitalize, much less use a comma or anything else. There are reasons rules exist in language, and they're important.

That's because the public school system is an absolute farce.

8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 17, 2013, 16:23 RollinThundr

mag wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 14:39:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 13:13:
Bodolza wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 12:47:
Let's not forget Ashcroft, who was so bad he was actually rebuked by the FISA court.

Though it's funny that all the liberals back then who had issues with the patriot act all sound like crickets now that it's been continued under a liberal administration. Go figure.

NO. I am vocally angry about the patriot act, the abuse of the FISA court, and all of the rest of this shit, and so are most of the lefties I know.

And I'm glad to hear that. I was more referring to the majority liberal media however who continues to give a pass to Obama and Co on everything from the Patriot act to Bhengazi, to Obamacare etc etc etc.

For a president to be so critical of the act while he was campaigning, it's quite funny to me that he's voted to extend it twice now.

On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed a bill that reauthorized key elements of the Patriot Act. The bill called for a four-year renewal of some of the most controversial provisions of the surveillance legislation. While the bulk of the Patriot Act is steadfast law, there are certain measures that Congress must periodically reauthorize or else they expire. Among them is roving wiretaps, i.e., the ability of law enforcement officials to track targets if they change phones without law enforcement first consulting a judge.

The Patriot Act, passed shortly after the September 11, 2001 attacks, granted law enforcement increased surveillance powers to prevent additional terrorist incidents. Since its conception, the Patriot Act has been mired in controversy. Civil rights advocates argue that the law is a violation of Americans' privacy rights. Key members of Congress, including both liberal Democrats and Tea Party Republicans, have attempted to amend the Patriot Act in order to protect Americans from potential privacy rights violations.

The expiring provisions of the act came up for re-authorization in late 2009. Despite months of congressional debate and a delayed vote, President Obama ended up signing a re-authorization that included no changes in early 2010.

I guess what I'm getting at here, is when is a news organization aside from Fox ever going to bring all his various lies to the fore and hold him accountable like any unbiased real journalist would?

6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 17, 2013, 13:13 RollinThundr

Bodolza wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 12:47:
Let's not forget Ashcroft, who was so bad he was actually rebuked by the FISA court.

4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 17, 2013, 11:08 RollinThundr

mag wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 10:49:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 08:18:
I'm still trying to figure out why Holder hasn't been brought up on charges yet. Possibly the worse AG this country has ever had.

There's no doubt he's pretty bad, but we have had some awful AGs. Alberto Gonzales??

Yep he was pretty god awful as well.

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 17, 2013, 08:18 RollinThundr

I'm still trying to figure out why Holder hasn't been brought up on charges yet. Possibly the worse AG this country has ever had.  

News Comments > Neverwinter Free & Premium Content Next Month
12. Re: Neverwinter Free & Premium Content Next Month Jul 16, 2013, 15:11 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 15:05:
In most F2P games, only a tiny percentage of people ever buy stuff. It's those people that keep the game alive and running, so the developers have to soak them if they're going to get anything. Reducing the price isn't going to suddenly triple the number of paying customers.

I kind of agree with thundr on this one. It's F2P with very few restrictions. If you're enjoying it, throw the devs some cash. I bought a starter pack for Tribes Ascend, b/c I was having fun with it.

Exactly, I'll admit, I've spent money in Mech Warrior Online, and I'll do it again because I love the game, I enjoy it enough to support it's continued existence.

Would I have preferred an actual MW5 with a single player campaign? Sure but that wasn't in the cards.

I honestly don't feel alot of people realize how huge budgets have become in this day and age for games, add in today's entitlement mentality and it's of little question to me why more and more games are going f2p in the first place.

News Comments > Neverwinter Free & Premium Content Next Month
9. Re: Neverwinter Free & Premium Content Next Month Jul 16, 2013, 14:47 RollinThundr

Luke wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 14:13:
Gadzooks wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 12:22:
These packs are actually the best bang for your buck. Every character gets the companion AND the mount, which alone, is cheaper than buying them seperately from the shop.

For the person who is just fooling around with one character in the game, its certainly not worth it. But for someone who is serious about the game, and plans to play 2 or more characters, and is thinking about spending money on the game... this really is the best deal for what you get.

But for someone who is serious about the game

Like pay to win.................yup got it..... Book

While I don't play Neverwinter, I'm not sure what people expected, it's free, doesn't have a retail box fee, and they keep the game running off of store purchases and these package deals.

Game makers just can't win at this point, people either bitch about DLC for retail games, or they bitch that the devs need to make at least some money to keep a F2P game up. Some of you need cheaper hobbies or something.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2013, 13:48 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 11:16:
But it's not, it's revenue and it should be taxed.

And then spent on shit not needed.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 16, 2013, 13:45 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 11:15:
Beamer wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 10:20:
It was on the PS3, too, and no matter how often Cutter whines about it, they will NOT add it to multiplayer games on consoles. Ever. Jesus, some people here mention it endlessly no matter how often they're told it would be suicide for any dev to include it.

A legitimate complaint is whining is it? No matter how much more sense it makes be it for games, social media, etc. Don't you ever tire of being wrong? You should go to work for Microsoft. You'd fit in perfectly there.

Just stick to the PC then. Console devs aren't going to develop console games with a mouse and keyboard control scheme in mind. It's just not going to happen.

News Comments > KOTOR Turns 10
22. Re: KOTOR Turns 10 Jul 16, 2013, 11:03 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 04:07:
CrushBug wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 20:02:
For me, I had just finished my first game at BioWare, MDK2 PC. I was a Line Producer, an entry-level position, recently created at BioWare. The then-Lead Programmer, Cam, called me into his office to tell me some news that most of the company didn't know yet. He said:

"We just got a license to do a new game. What is your favorite movie?"
"Star Wars," I answered quickly.
"We are doing a Star Wars game."
"Get the @#%& out of here!"

What a ride...

Great game, wonderfully executed. Its too bad that Bioware never reached those heights again (Dragon Age came close though). I hope your studio recovers some of its mojo and starts making quality RPGs once again (not holding my breath though). Best of luck to you regardless.

I'd say DA:Origins was at that point. Doubtful they can ever get there again however what with their decisions to remove role playing choices from their RPG's. Be it little or no equipment customizations, or "story choices" that ultimately play out the same way regardless of your choices.

Bioware doesn't make deep RPG's anymore, they make action games with big set pieces ala COD with very little character progression.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo