Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns
39. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 26, 2013, 07:59 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 21:21:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 18:41:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 16:36:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 15:57:
Really looking forward to this, this 11 hour day can't end soon enough. bleh 3 more hours.

Rub it in why don't ya? bleh I hate Thursdays, on the plus side I'll actually get to play this in about 45 minutes.

It's pretty much what I figured it would be, a throw back to the 16 bit versions with well written dialog and turn based old school rpg goodness.

I'll be awaiting your impressions, assuming you don't play all night.

I haven't played too far but I'm happy with what I backed here. Looking forward to the Berlin campaign and also looking forward to what the community does with the toolset.

I have to admit, I'm a little bias on this one, Battletech/Mechwarrior and Shadowrun are two of my absolute favorite franchises, so seeing Shadowrun done in a game the way it's supposed to be, turn based, an actual rpg rather than that shooter abortion MS tried a few years back, makes me a happy camper.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 25, 2013, 21:01 RollinThundr

Overon wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 20:47:
Besides the art direction and the Shadowrun universe what's there to recommend about the game?

The potential for a never ending stream of modules created by the community, much like Neverwinter Nights the game includes a complete toolset.

There were a ton of great NWN mods over the years, I fully expect the same to happen with this.

18. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 25, 2013, 20:31 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 19:58:
Overon wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 19:46:
What's with the terrible checkpoint based save system in an RPG game? Come on.

Either a horrible design flaw or they want you to have to live with the choices you make rather than quicksave/quickload until you get the outcome you desire.

While I've only played a very little bit, I'd say it's the latter. At any rate loving it so far, great writing and style and it's about as a perfect homage to the 16-bit Shadowrun titles as you could get. Can't wait to see what people do with the editor.

12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 25, 2013, 18:41 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 16:36:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 15:57:
Really looking forward to this, this 11 hour day can't end soon enough. bleh 3 more hours.

Rub it in why don't ya? bleh I hate Thursdays, on the plus side I'll actually get to play this in about 45 minutes.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 25, 2013, 16:00 RollinThundr

Holder overseeing illegal actions by the government? How totally not at all shocking! Isn't the first time, won't be the last either. Remember kids, liberalism never once.  

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 25, 2013, 15:57 RollinThundr

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 25, 2013, 12:24 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 10:34:
911 ushered in the paranoid surveilance state of mind, something that all forms of government secretly covet. Suddenly there are terrorists hiding in every bush, and drug dealers are terrorist and in the end every citizen that doesnt agree with whats being done is a terrorist or at best not patriotic enough.

Its a circlejerk catch-22 of the worst variety that will end very badly.

This, and you can't really pin it on one party either. It was a terrible idea under Bush, it's still a terrible idea under Obama. This whole let's piss all over the constitution because we feel like it shit needs to stop.

News Comments > Torchlight II Sells 2 Million
6. Re: Torchlight II Sells 2 Million Jul 25, 2013, 10:54 RollinThundr

Proudfoot wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 10:24:
They should be thanking Blizzard.

If D3 had been good, T2 would have not sold as well.

Yet Path of Exile is better than both D3 and T2. T2 for me was a borefest, after 2 hours I was done and haven't gone back.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Saints Row IV
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 18:03 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 16:57:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 16:27:
Rigs wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 16:09:
Wait, wait, wait.

It's going gold on July 24th and not going to be released until nearly a month later? WTF?!?

=-Rigs-=

Pressing disks and shipping them off to retailers doesn't happen overnight.

BUT BUT BUT! EVERYTHING IS DIGITAL!

Still not sure why we don't get a deal on digital dist. It costs them almost nothing.

And this is a reskin - so I am not happy about the price.
SR3 was pretty short, I imagine this will be even shorter.

Also, so refreshing that 90% of the game videos show the DLC as being in the main game......in fact, lots of the videos don't even show ANYTHING outside of the Matrix stuff....

Because if they did that no one would ever buy retail, and that would make entities like gamestop a sad panda. I hear you though Bats, I always thought games on Steam and the like should be cheaper period.

News Comments > Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank
29. Re: Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank Jul 24, 2013, 17:46 RollinThundr

ViRGE wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 16:33:
El Pit wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 15:14:
"...$4 Billion in its accounts, much of it kept in off-shore accounts..."

Yeah. Paying taxes is evil. Let the people pay taxes, not us multi-billion companies.
They did pay their taxes; they were taxed at where the item was sold in the first place. No one is dumb enough to pay taxes again, particularly when the entity trying to exert the second tax did nothing to provide for the sale being taxed.

You have to excuse the jealous types who think corporations should be taxed 10 times over so they can give that money to people who refuse to work for a living.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Saints Row IV
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 16:27 RollinThundr

Rigs wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 16:09:
Wait, wait, wait.

It's going gold on July 24th and not going to be released until nearly a month later? WTF?!?

=-Rigs-=

Pressing disks and shipping them off to retailers doesn't happen overnight.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 15:38 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 09:48:
NKD wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 09:24:
Confucius say, "If you don't want to be called a faggot and told to die in a fire, don't work on a game designed for 15 year old proto-neckbeards."

I'm fairly certain Cutter tells devs to die in a fire in virtually every thread.

To be fair half the posters on this site think they're god's gift to the industry, yourself included.

21. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 24, 2013, 15:28 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 16:04:
Ignore Trollin Thunder. When Bushco was doing much worse he was right there cheerleading and obviously anyone who questioned their might and wisdom were traitors and terrorists themselves. Like every conservative they're actually terrified of real freedom.

The scary thing is that people like Hayden honestly see people like Snowden, and not what they're doing, as the problem. You've massively overstepped your authority, you walk roughshod all over the Constitution, you're empowered by a secret court that no one can challenge, and never once has any citizen even been asked if they're ok with it. Obama's "We have to make some choices as a society" implies that there's been a choice to begin with.

Regardless if its a D or a R, what we're doing now is not what was intended when the US was founded. You can deny that all you want, prattle on about how all the world's woes are solely the fault of the GOP yada yada.

What we have going now is not sustainable, which I've been saying for along time around here.

News Comments > Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank
11. Re: Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank Jul 24, 2013, 11:37 RollinThundr

Darks wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 09:22:
By the time Vivendi is finished with their account, Blizzard will be a shadow of its self and a wiped out company. I never understood why they sold out to this trashy company to begin with. Now the Execs are going to raid it and run off with their pockets filled to some remote island and retire a fat cat.

They've been owned by Vivendi for a very long time now. At least when you're talking about Blizzard or Sierra, if I remember correctly both brands were acquired by Vivendi around 98 when they purchased French publisher Havas.

So this isn't a recent thing really. Vivendi has controlled Blizzard's purse strings for quite some time now.

13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 23, 2013, 15:59 RollinThundr

Panickd wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 14:19:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 13:13:
InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 10:17:
NSA chief slams "transparency culture," compares Snowden to Boston bombers.

OMG. The height of human stupidity, he actually compares transparency culture to Islamic fundamentalism. Oh the humanity....

But but big government is awesome! Right beamer? Right Cutter? FREE HEALTHCARE AND OBAMAPHONES! YAYAYAAAAAYAYAYAYA

Seriously, comparing transparency to Islamic fundamentalism is a new low for the US Government. Expecting the officials that we elect to have a little bit of accountability is a culture now? Is that like rape culture that feminist speak of, because I'm pretty sure it's along the same lines.

What's an OBAMAPHONE and where do I get one? Does it run Android? Will it track me 24/7 and know when I am sleeping and know when I'm awake?

But seriously, if you think your government is actually supposed to work for you, you're a schmuck! It was never designed to work for the people. It was designed by the rich and elite to work for the rich and elite. So if you aren't pulling down a minimum of $300,000 a year and didn't go to an ivy league school then what you want and what you think don't mean jack to the politicians who run your country whether they're left, right or center. So suck it up, buttercup!

Which is why the founding father's are rolling in the graves I'm sure. They intended government to be small, limited, an work FOR the people that elect them. We no longer have that, and haven't for quite a while at this point.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Detriot Jul 23, 2013, 15:04 RollinThundr

Sepharo wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 18:32:
That was far more words than necessary for you to just blame it all on "liberals" like you always do.

I don't think it's all liberal policy in this case, obviously there are many factors that contributed to it, losing that many people over the last decade or two, the US auto industry tanking etc etc.

But ignoring the fact that there are cities in the US that are now on the brink of bankruptcy which were/are totally liberal run cities over the past 40 years, is dishonest.

When I think corrupt politics I think of two cities in particular, 3 if you include DC. Chicago and Detroit, both of which are shitholes and both of which have been dominated by progressive liberal policy for decades. If you're going to pretend that isn't a contributing factor, well that's your problem.

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 23, 2013, 13:13 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 10:17:
NSA chief slams "transparency culture," compares Snowden to Boston bombers.

OMG. The height of human stupidity, he actually compares transparency culture to Islamic fundamentalism. Oh the humanity....

But but big government is awesome! Right beamer? Right Cutter? FREE HEALTHCARE AND OBAMAPHONES! YAYAYAAAAAYAYAYAYA

Seriously, comparing transparency to Islamic fundamentalism is a new low for the US Government. Expecting the officials that we elect to have a little bit of accountability is a culture now? Is that like rape culture that feminist speak of, because I'm pretty sure it's along the same lines.

News Comments > Battlezone, Star Control & More Atari IP Sold: Chris Taylor and Total Annihilation Reunited
16. Re: Battlezone, Star Control & More Atari IP Sold: Chris Taylor and Total Annihilation Reunited Jul 22, 2013, 14:46 RollinThundr

Its worrying to see Wargaming.net snap up all these classic IP's. Because you know they're going to put out shitty F2P games and rape all those classic franchises.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Detriot Jul 22, 2013, 14:16 RollinThundr

Sepharo wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 21:37:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 10:37:
Once the fourth largest city in the US.. it is somewhat stunning a major metro area could fall that far and pretty much so completely. Let's just hope it isn't a sign of things to come elsewhere...

It's not the metro area. Metro Detroit is one of the strongest metro areas in the nation. It's not even the businesses of Detroit, they're currently experiencing more growth and investment than they have in over 30 years. It's just the city proper which has been run by absolute morons for 30 years. But most of all it's the dropping population. You can't drop half your population in 30 years and maintain a sprawling city like Detroit. So they shut the services down, the neighborhoods get worse, more people leave. But something that still exists from "bigger" times are the pensions of all those public employees who used to maintain the city and that's what's prompted this bankruptcy. I don't know the answer to that one though... take away people's pensions?

edit: Also, while the recession didn't help things Detroit was fucked long before that. In fact Detroit did better during the recession than most areas because we had already been through it. Bailing out the domestic auto companies was and is still huge but the current investment downtown is thanks to our man Dan Gilbert and his friends.

Oh yeah the greedy AWU and 50 years of progressive policies and total liberal control had nothing to do with it. It's ok when Illinois and Comiefornia follow the same path maybe people will wake up at that point.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2013, 12:56 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 20:16:
Secret court rubberstamps Big Brother's continued shredding of the Constitution. Anyone still think America is a democracy anymore?

We're a republic, not a democracy in the first place. And no. Mr transparent has been everything but so far.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo