Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall
51. Re: SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall Aug 24, 2013, 13:03 RollinThundr

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 09:31:
Why don't games sell more.. mhhh....

I think it is a question of "taste" more than anything. Look at Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution a while, and tell me. Is it not the same game style? Sure there are differences, but from an genre point of view, these 3 games are more or less identical.

Secondly, lots of other games sold during that period. And gamers don't buy games every month, most gamers I assume, have 2 or 3 games they specifically want over a year.
Thirdly, Sleeping Dogs was a new franchise, Hitman was a ruined franchise (now more than ever) and Tomb Raider was not exactly alive and well either.
Fourth, Kickstarter is eating into gaming sales as well.. not sure how much.

And last. These games have 0 replay-ability and arrived on the end of an console cycle.

I think, or I believe, I have no real way to prove anything. That most gamers are not binary. Most gamers see these 3 games and think "meh" let's wait for reviews, more gamers watch let's plays first. More gamers ignore these 3 games because they wait for.. dunno.. a certain game to come out. Saving money for a new console or TV..

And finally, there IS an economic crisis and it WILL start to come down hard on sales.

But that said, I think we Gamers here generally over-estimate how many people PLAY GAMES with dedication, and care about AAA games (especially those 3). I think 1 million sold copies is already a HUGE friggin success by any measure. And if the industry can't be profitable with that, it is going down.

QFT, especially the bolded part.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Obama’s “outside experts” surveillance review panel has deep ties to gov’t. Aug 23, 2013, 10:59 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 07:18:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 01:06:
Preeeeeeety much. Though really they look guilty because they are guilty, shit it took far less to get Nixon impeached yet there's Obama and Holder, still employed.

If we prosecuted every politician for their crimes there would be no politicians left. I have no problem with this but then you wouldn't be able to whine about a liberal conspiracy all the time so be careful what you wish for.

I mean in general, I don't care which letter is at the end of the name. They ALL need to start being held accountable, Congress, Senate what the fuck ever.

I'd love Mr Transparency to explain all his secret court bullshit however though. You know and I know, if this info had come out during Bush's presidency he would have never heard the end of it from the press.

To be honest, with all the press intimidation going on with this administration, they're prolly fucking afraid in the first place.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
23. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 23, 2013, 10:55 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 17:44:
Not really, it pretty much started exactly with the EA acquisition.

Naw they used to use that kind of rhetoric for Kotor and Jade Empire and the like. Bioware was set on the course of mediocrity before EA acquired them, EA just sped up the process.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Obama’s “outside experts” surveillance review panel has deep ties to gov’t. Aug 23, 2013, 01:06 RollinThundr

LittleMe wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 23:37:
They did the same with the nine eleven commission. They do this song & dance to show a thin facade of legitimacy. It stinks to high heaven and makes them look guilty. Same game, same tune, different players.

Preeeeeeety much. Though really they look guilty because they are guilty, shit it took far less to get Nixon impeached yet there's Obama and Holder, still employed.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Trailer
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Aug 23, 2013, 01:03 RollinThundr

Techie714 © wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 22:51:
That is actually quite revolutionary and amazing for a mp game.

It is, however because it's EA, the haters gotta hate.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 22, 2013, 17:08 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 16:28:
they also said it would be impossible to do the game without ODRM and we all knew that as a lie too. All they do is lie all the live long day. They have no morals and are souless greedy bastards who's only motivation is money.
They also said it would prevent dupes and the like, which also was a lie. I bet Krowen is loving his humble pie right about now. Every one prior to the game shipping pointed out what a disaster it would be and the reasons why, and it turned out to play out exactly like everyone expected.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 22, 2013, 16:19 RollinThundr

Secret courts, spying on their own, spying on other countries. We need the NSA why again? This government is totally out of control.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
20. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 15:53 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 13:04:
Fletch wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 08:29:
OMFG, they covered every cliche you've ever heard in a preview video before... "the likes of which no one's seen before", "better player interaction", "choices that matter", "new level of immersion", "take role-playing games to the next level", "freedom for the player"...

ugh

Every preview / interview they do is carefully vetted by EA PR first.

Honestly their previews and use of buzz words like "choice mattering" has been going on far longer before being acquired by EA.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 14:50 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 14:45:
I am fairly conservative and I rarely find my views unjustly maligned here nor do I find any liberal bias or something. You don't just want to take responsibility for your actions. You keep arriving at the same point because you are causing the problem, not Blue or anyone else.

If the 75+ nuked posts in your history weren't a good enough teacher then at least 2 literal explanations of it from the site owner should be. If this place is so unfair and such a liberal stronghold then I'm sure you can find other accommodations more to your liking easily enough, this is the internet after all.

Sure Verno, but you also handle things a hell of alot more graceful than I do more often than not and are more selective in how you say things. I admit, I'm not the most graceful and have a habit of easily getting annoyed at certain ideology fueled type comments.

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 14:29 RollinThundr

Blue wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 14:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 13:49:
Seriously, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion different than others, but if all one gets is toxic, why should they be nice in return?

You are encouraged to express your opinions here, that is the point. The point that I and others, including Verno's post here, have made is that you are pushing an agenda. If you think the point is "Not be a democrat? OMG You're SO HATEFUL AND RACIST!" you are missing it entirely. People have made 911 calls over nonsense for decades. You taking a story about that to express the opinion that this is entitlement based on the current administration is just the latest in countless examples of you derailing a thread.

If you get banned from here, it will not be due to your political leanings, it will be for using them to troll for controversy where none exists.

Since you've now tasked me with laying this out for you in explicit detail AGAIN, you can consider this your final warning on the topic. I hope that suffices to put an end to this.

Blue the comment was about the news story link about Patton Oswald and how big a liberal troll he is, which he seems to self admittedly be to begin with thinking he's some great comedian or something. The guy isn't funny, and half the shit that comes out of his mouth people would cry holy hell if a known republican personality made them.

I'm not sure what the 911 call you're talking about is to be honest.

Edit: you were referring to a different news post. That you removed comments in anyway, not just mine, which is funny considering it's always the conservative view point that seems to get deleted around here.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 13:49 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 13:22:
There's a difference between having opinions and pushing an agenda so obsessively that it pisses people off. I'm not sure insulting the website you visit every day is something you fully thought about either. If it's so bad you wouldn't be here and frankly you're lucky Blue is so patient in general, many other websites would have banned you long ago for the constant nonsense. Might want to show a little bit of respect for the services you've used for free this long.

To be fair, I have a ton of respect for Blue and what he's done here for the past decade plus in providing a great gaming news site.

However, the community here, myself included in some comments, because I'll be the first to admit I don't bite my tongue one bit on alot of topics, is fairly toxic, you can't seem to have an opinion on this site without name calling, or snark that doesn't follow the status quo mob mentality.

Say something decent about EA? You're a shill! BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!
Not be a democrat? OMG You're SO HATEFUL AND RACIST!
Make a comment about the rising amount of LGBT attention seeking as of late in the game industry in general? OMG YOU MUST HATE THE GAYS!!!

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion different than others, but if all one gets is toxic, why should they be nice in return?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2013, 13:41 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 13:30:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 17:33:
It's not *stopping* people from consuming that stuff that's necessary, but consuming less of it. Just like alcohol and tobacco, two products which were used much more frequently in the past before sin taxes and anti consumption campaigns were implemented. Bloomberg should never have tried to ban 32 oz Big Gulps, but instead put a dollar tax on them.

Agreed. Campaigns, education and taxes are the way to go with addressing it. Look at what it's done for smoking. It's becoming more and more marginalized through use of these techniques and it's to the benefit of society as a whole. The same things would probably work with weight related issues which are mostly food consumption problems due to a lack of education about food, cooking and so on.

Want to smoke? Pay triple for a single pack 95% of it taxes that go right to being spent wastefully. Now let's start banning food because it makes you too fat, oh and tax things based on calories! More calories higher taxes!

It's not a lack of education, people with half a brain should know that eating bad and not exercising is going to lead to health problems. Should be common sense no? No it's not a lack of education, people just don't care enough or are too lazy to workout, diet, etc.

But hey lets let the government regulate what we can and can't eat and ban things outright that are unhealthy.

Are we still in America?

41. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2013, 13:10 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 10:23:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 17:49:
@ Beam,

I don't disagree, but we can agree to start with the most awful, unnecessary items first, right? Chips, soda, candy, etc.

I don't think you can entirely get people to stop eating that.
I'd rather do away with the sneaky unhealthy food than the blatantly unhealthy food.

Why not just let people make their own choices and be a little responsible, rather than ban things you don't agree with? And you wonder why I call people like you authoritarian.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 13:04 RollinThundr

Blue wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 11:53:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 11:03:
Patton Oswalt, another run of the mill accept my views or you're a racist type of democrat/liberal. Do they ever get tired of playing the race/discrimination card ever?

It would seem some of you never tire of that. But I am tiring of it. Consider that a general warning.

Truth hurts eh? Ban away, most of the people here don't actually want to discuss anything anyway be it politics or the games industry in general, too busy trolling each other and hating on every game that comes out under the sun just for the hell of it to begin with.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 11:03 RollinThundr

Patton Oswalt, another run of the mill accept my views or you're a racist type of democrat/liberal. Do they ever get tired of playing the race/discrimination card ever?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. removed Aug 21, 2013, 10:23 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2013, 11:27.

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
62. removed Aug 21, 2013, 08:55 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2013, 13:37.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2013, 16:23 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 11:10:
huh? Release day for SR4 was today I thought, but Steam says unlock at midnight......

/nm, looks like tomorrow for all versions....

Major releases in the US are always on Tuesdays for games.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 16:15 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 14:35:
nin wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 09:22:
Odd coincidence: Guys last name was Miranda.

Held under a terrorism statute. B/C obviously, the spouse of a journalist is a terrorist.

And you wonder why I think both Holder and Obama should be tried for crimes against their own citizens?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
47. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 16:11 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 12:23:
Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 19:05:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 17:58:
Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 17:49:
Why am I suddenly a fan of scumbag Putin?

Because you're deranged?

Or maybe he's the only world leader calling Obama on his bullshit bluffs. He makes him look like a little bitch and it's so entertaining. Guess that "reset button" was a bunch of nonsense, eh? Fucking liberal ideologues getting their asses handed to them. And deservedly so.

http://www.tomatobubble.com/putin_obama.html Try not to laugh.

After reading that link I've decided that you are literally a crazy person. Forget liberals, most rational conservatives will be disavowing that insanity.

Most conservatives would laugh serious or not. I can't count how many anti republican crap there is on social media like tumblr true or not, I'm sure that's just dandy though.

I chuckled at the link, sure it's all likely bullshit but funny if you don't worship at the altar of the Obmessiah.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo