Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 27, 2013, 17:41 RollinThundr

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 16:48:
Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 16:40:
I hope MS is rushing like hell and that's creating massive problems for them and all these boxes being pushed out all RROD and kill off the Failbox once and for all.

I just love that any good will they accumulated over the lifetime of the 360 got burnt through in 2-3 months this spring.

Why do you guys play games at all at this point?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 27, 2013, 17:39 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 13:43:
That's a fairly vague statement. Does it mean every game going forward will be like Simcity? Or just that every game going forward will have a multiplayer component?

It means all games will either have a multiplayer component, like say a Madden or Fifa or Battlefield, or at the least have some form of connectivity, be it steam like achievements for say a Dragon Age or Dead Space.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned
11. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 17:05 RollinThundr

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 14:34:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 14:12:
Assassins Creed 3 sucked on the PC the combat controls were some of the worst I have experienced

Let's give credit where it's due shall we? Ubisoft's PC ports as of late have been very good with not being direct from console ports and supporting DX11 features etc.

Pretty sure the controls have little to do with the tech side of Ubi's ports, (since Ass Creed 1) have been quite good.

I didn't realize we we talking control scheme, which is moot, Ubi's pc ports play just fine with M/keyboard.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 27, 2013, 12:10 RollinThundr

siapnar wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 19:27:
Yeah.. not an excuse, really.

Plenty of studios are able to pump more detail into a game for it's next iteration and still manage to maintain the framerate.
EA have a year each time to optimize the engine and the imported assets.
The only reason they don't bother with it for NHL is because people will buy it, just because it's the new version.

I think you're missing the point, both the PS3 and Xbox have max, 512 megs available. Hockey is a fast game, much faster than NBA or NFL. Visually NHL is already a great looking game. The game already struggles to maintain a solid framerate due to the speed of the game, and amount of players and AI running routines on the ice.

It's trendy to call EA lazy, but it's not the case irt this Sku. If nothing else, over the course of this generation NHL has been EA Sports best title.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned
4. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 12:03 RollinThundr

Panickd wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 11:55:
NeOCidE wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 11:42:
The PC finally getting some love? About damn time!

Not sure this counts as "love". It's a console port with larger/prettier textures and some of the easier to implement procedural effects that are unavailable on the current gen consoles. It's not like they put a lot of extra work into it. And since these games were probably bound for the PC anyway (since Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed games are all on the PC) I don't think you should be chalking the "win" column for the PC. It's just the status quo.

Let's give credit where it's due shall we? Ubisoft's PC ports as of late have been very good with not being direct from console ports and supporting DX11 features etc.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 26, 2013, 17:26 RollinThundr

siapnar wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 16:38:
There have been plenty of franchise games released on the current gen consoles that have had considerate visual and mechanical upgrades with each iteration.

No reason NHL can't do the same.

Ok lets improve the visuals further on current gen, and have the game run at 15 fps. That'll play so well for a hockey game.

The game struggles already to maintain frames on both the 360 and PS3 as it is.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 26, 2013, 17:23 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 15:51:
Stop trying to derail threads with your agenda. They're banning anonymous comments, not "people who don't think left".

What agenda? It's an opinion, I would think the majority of the anon post over there are likely conservatives to begin with since I don't know many conservative folks who are lining up in droves to make accounts for left leaning news sites do you?

JFC how obtuse can one be?

10. removed Aug 26, 2013, 15:40 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 26, 2013, 17:24.

News Comments > BF4 Gamescom Details Wrap-up
12. Re: BF4 Gamescom Details Wrap-up Aug 26, 2013, 14:50 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 14:27:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 14:18:
If you're pubbing that's one thing, though why anyone pubs in shooters is beyond me to begin with. Other wise it's a one click bookmark on TS to get on with all your friends, it's not rocket science.

Some people can't always play with friends, it's not rocket science. Pubbing largely sucks because of the lack of coordination and voice chat helps with that.

eh I get what you're saying, personally however the lack of VOIP doesn't bother me one bit, the fewer 12 year olds I have to hear swearing every time they die, in the few times I do play shooters online the better imo.

7. removed Aug 26, 2013, 14:20 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 26, 2013, 17:23.

10. Re: BF4 Gamescom Details Wrap-up Aug 26, 2013, 14:18 RollinThundr

Techie714 wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 14:05:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 11:23:
Techie714 wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 10:53:
VOIP?

There's this thing called teamspeak you know. Never understood why people want games to do their own VOIP, when teamspeak works just fine.

Yea, because when I get home & want to jump into a quick game it'll be fun setting up a whole separate solution to communicate in BF. Teamspeak is great for people that are in serious gaming clans or groups of close friends that play on a regular basis. For the casual player that wants to jump on a server & get some communication & teamwork going...Yea not so much.

If you're pubbing that's one thing, though why anyone pubs in shooters is beyond me to begin with. Other wise it's a one click bookmark on TS to get on with all your friends, it's not rocket science.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2013, 13:57 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 13:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 10:19:
Why was an 8 year old not only allowed access to a loaded firearm, but allowed to play a M rated game in the first place? Another case of lack of personal responsibility on the parents/caregiver, but hey lets blame guns or videogames.

Seriously, I totally agree. WTF is an 8 year old doing playing GTA4 in the first place? And with access to a loaded firearm? Total caregiving failure.

Louisiana is 49 out of 50 on IQ ranking though, so it's not a total shock.

Interesting that Mass is rated 1. I live in Mass, unless they only polled the colleges here I'm not sure how the IQ average is highest in the nation as there are plenty of idiots in this state who continue voting the same failures into office over and over. Deval Patrick, Mumbles Menino etc.

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
66. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 13:46 RollinThundr

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 00:34:
Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 23:17:
PropheT wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 22:46:
Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 18:51:
San Andreas was universally reviled as the worst of the bunch and for many good reasons. No, the best of the series was still Vice City. GTA4 would be after that.

Are you sure? Most the people I've seen have it the other way around and say San Andreas was their favorite and Vice City the worst.

Only the console kiddy wigga gangstas were 'down' with San Andreas. And that's all that was. So yeah, if you were a 14 year old wigga I'm sure it was pretty sweet.

So, that makes you an over-the-hill yayo freak, ecstatic to vicariously re-live the neon glory of the olden days?

An unbiased comparison puts San Andreas head-and-shoulders above Vice City in almost every facet of gameplay, up to and including small but important details akin to the aforementioned car stopping. Such as being able to... SWIM!

It's fine to express your dislike of the setting or story, but it's ludicrous to project that into some warped sense of reality where everyone else hated it, too. The fact is SA sold 10+ million more copies than VC, and the average review scores are virtually identical (both are slightly lower than III and IV).

It's cutter, he tends to invent his own reality as he goes along even if no one else agrees with him.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 12:00 RollinThundr

Kitkoan wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 16:41:
I love my single serve machine, so I seem a little out of the normal here... Granted I use a reusable metal cup, so I don't have all that extra waste (and a lot cheaper. Those cups at their cheapest I can find are. $0.50 each cup, not worth it since they don't taste as good from those plastic tubs)
The French press gives a better taste but in the morning, it's not as fast since I'm not a morning person.

Same, I don't know what I'd do without my trusty lil keurig.

3. Re: BF4 Gamescom Details Wrap-up Aug 26, 2013, 11:23 RollinThundr

Techie714 wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 10:53:
VOIP?

There's this thing called teamspeak you know. Never understood why people want games to do their own VOIP, when teamspeak works just fine.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 26, 2013, 10:54 RollinThundr

siapnar wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 10:39:
They really need to update this franchise's graphics and animation. It's looked this way for 4 years.

They do introduce new gameplay mechanics each iteration, but sometimes some of the time the execution is off and the upgrades are so minimal year-to-year.

The graphics are fine, they got everything they could out of 2 consoles with 512 megs of ram on them this generation. I won't expect a graphics or presentation overhaul until PS4/XBone

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2013, 10:19 RollinThundr

Why was an 8 year old not only allowed access to a loaded firearm, but allowed to play a M rated game in the first place? Another case of lack of personal responsibility on the parents/caregiver, but hey lets blame guns or videogames.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 09:48 RollinThundr

J wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 08:51:
What shocked me was that it only took one enemy to fill up the bar in a playthrough video I was watching. So I wanted to know more about what difficulty level(s) that would apply to.

I think I'm playing on normal the first time through. And if I remember right, it takes 2 kills/takedowns on normal.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 08:01 RollinThundr

J wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 14:05:
Just watching a playthrough video and it seems like one takedown activates the execute function. Is that at a certain difficulty or is that how the game is?

(If it's the latter then colour me disinterested.)

Taking out enemies fills up your Mark and Execute meter, you can go through missions not killing a single guy if you really want to.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 07:58 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 13:16:
Splinter Cell Blacklist is actually really, really good. I am surprised by just how good it is since I had totally lost interest in these games after Conviction. The enemy AI is top notch with all sorts of cool features you do not see in other games. The new voice actor for Fisher does a respectable job, Ironside was starting to sound a bit ridiculous anyway. The story is absurd but enjoyable. The stealth gameplay is very well done and challenging. It's obvious they designed the game around stealth too, the run and gun play style is incredibly difficult to pull off at times. There are all sorts of neat little touches in the levels which feel like actual places human beings might inhabit instead of just videogame places.

The PC port is exceptionally well done, Ubisoft should be commended for including just about every adjustment imaginable. The only real negatives so far have been the lack of an FOV adjustment option and a very clunky cover system. I hope the game performs well, they really deserve some success. Ubisoft Toronto did an amazing job on it, Jade Raymond proved her management skills here.

Holy hell I agree with Redmask on something, a section of hell clearly froze over.

But he's spot on here, the game is fantastic and I too didn't like Conviction.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo