Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2013, 08:15 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 22:53:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 22:48:
Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 20:25:
And this is why you don't hand piles of money over to people for an unknown game. *cough Star Citizen cough*

Let me guess, you don't play MWO and didn't KS Star Citizen right? Yeah I thought so. I think you are one of the most toxic people I've ever had the displeasure of reading posts from.

Yeah, I did play MWO. And you're calling other people toxic? Wow, talk about the absolute height of irony. And as much as your clownish trolling has amused most of us over the years. It's finally gotten to the point where it's just tiresome. I suppose Blue's going to ban you sooner than later anyway, but you really should just leave instead. Meanwhile, you're finally going on ignore where you belong. You're a sad, pathetic, lonely little man.

Sure thing sparky, I don't go into every single game thread with phasers set to Hate. Swear for some people who call themselves gamers they sure do seem to hate every game in development.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2013, 08:13 RollinThundr

Scud wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 04:05:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 03:42:

This. Exactly this. So exactly this.

The first competent, experienced dev shop to announce a MW spiritual successor Kickstarter with a single player campaign will make over $1m in funding the first day, and $5m after 30. That should be enough to attract enough private funding to make a top notch AAA game. Just make the SP campaign the focus, and you Will Be Funded. Hell, throw in multiplayer modes if you want, shouldn't be too hard with all the models and engine already in place. But make SP the core. More people probably played Wing Commander back in the day than MW2, but probably not many more. There's a large group of nostalgic gamers out there waiting to be exploited.

Someone get on that already.

I thought I heard somewhere once that the MWO guys first tried Kickstarting a MW single player game but they said nobody would bite.
I'm not sure how much I believe that however now.

Had they gone the Kickstarter route, they would have made it in spades.

No what they did is shop it around to all the publishers, but because Microsoft still owns the rights to anything electronic when it comes to Mech, none of the publishers wanted to touch it since you'd still need permission to use the license from Microsoft.

This is ultimately what killed the never launched MPBT3025 and subsequently Kesmai.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Sep 2, 2013, 22:48 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 20:25:
And this is why you don't hand piles of money over to people for an unknown game. *cough Star Citizen cough*

Let me guess, you don't play MWO and didn't KS Star Citizen right? Yeah I thought so. I think you are one of the most toxic people I've ever had the displeasure of reading posts from.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 2, 2013, 20:10 RollinThundr

QQ for the sake of QQ. Weapons wise the game feels pretty balanced right now, it's certainly not all long range winning games. I think people complained more about 3rd person being put in than anyone ever did about cool shots but whatever.

They are correct about one thing however, PGI does not take criticism very well, there's no question about that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 30, 2013, 21:22 RollinThundr

DukeFNukem wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 19:52:
I dont know what the hell some of you are talking about...but I know this...21 exclusive publishers for PS4...that ought to scare the hell out of Microsoft.

You read it wrong, it's exclusive content, not the publisher.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2013, 08:30 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 22:30:
So glad Obama had put an end to the revolving door politics in Washington...oh wait!

but but muh hope and change and transparency! Worse President since Carter, possibly worse than Carter.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 30, 2013, 08:28 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 23:20:
On the website of a guy who is Microsoft's major marketing shill.

Why is this even linked as news? It's just blatant bullshit self-promotion, and since it's coming from Microsoft itself there's zero independent verification.

MS owns Skype, it makes sense they'd use it's audio codec, since when do we need independent verification on things?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds
15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 30, 2013, 08:09 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 03:35:
America's Army: The ORIGINAL free-to-play.

Yep and I don't care what anyone says, the game was awesome and was something I played for years with an excellent group of tactics minded players. Looking forward to giving this a go this weekend.

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 18:40 RollinThundr

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 18:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 18:15:
Eh, I get the hate I really do, there's alot EA has done over the years that bothers me too, but imo they're no worse than Acti, or Ubisoft, or Take2 or any other publisher.

What bothers me about it though is anytime they do something that should get at least an ataboy they still get shit on anyway.

I have no problem piling the rest of them in there either

Here is what EA should do, they should take the majority of criticism as real and do what companies should do. Do things that satisfy it's customers. That is what business should be about, bring something people want and make money from that. Not bleed the turnip (customer) dry and not give two shits in the process. But most are equal as you say. The thing is EA was the subject here.

They actually done a couple good things lately and got some kudos but Peter Idiot spoke out a couple times this week and it's back to square one. They need to get a mouth piece that can understand the hole they are in with the public and be respectful to that and then bring us things we want to hear. How fucking hard is it? A couple of companies here don't seem to understand the street here at all, silo'd from the world seemingly.

Well said, and I agree,though to be fair I consider Apple as the worst company in the US to begin with, what EA does is minor compared to the shit Apple pulls on a regular basis.

I don't mind Moore either, I guess there's people that don't like him for whatever reason, but since he became CEO of EA Sports, all of their sports titles have improved drastically this generation.

Granted I know most on BN's are PC exclusive and don't care about sports titles, but again it's a credit where it's due thing for me.

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 18:15 RollinThundr

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 17:53:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 17:22:
EA's on the eternal shit list anyway, they'd find a cure for cancer and as a result we'd find out the cure is even worse than cancer, somehow.

Fixed.

Eh, I get the hate I really do, there's alot EA has done over the years that bothers me too, but imo they're no worse than Acti, or Ubisoft, or Take2 or any other publisher.

What bothers me about it though is anytime they do something that should get at least an ataboy they still get shit on anyway.

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Aug 29, 2013, 18:11 RollinThundr

NKD wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 10:33:
I can confirm that Cutter, Hellbinder, and RollinThundr all backed this movie at high funding levels.

Beamer did as well. I swear.

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 17:22 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 15:03:
Verno wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 13:59:
I really do think EA was in on the planning for that, with all over the executive overlap they've had over the years no way that was coincidental timing with the online pass crap.

Of course they were. Not just EA, but all big publishers were in on that. It's just that when they saw the massive, massive backlash against it, they quickly pretended like they had no fucking clue what was going on, because they didn't want to end up alongside Microsoft on the ShitPile.

The idea that MS would do that on its own for the benefit of the publishers is hilarious to the extreme. MS cares for one entity: Microsoft. They would not have put all that shit in place only to benefit other businesses.

EA's on the eternal shit list anyway, they could find a cure for cancer and it'd still be bad somehow.

However I don't really buy that EA isn't more in bed with MS this time out and have been for a bit now. Titanfall, EA published, no PS4 version, Now this thing with all EU 180 preorders getting FIFA for free. It would be very difficult to convince me at this point that they aren't siding more with MS one bit.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.0 Details
17. Re: Diablo III 2.0 Details Aug 29, 2013, 15:42 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 13:28:
We designed the game to be online, we can't do offline even if we wanted to guys!!

I remember the Blizzard defense force doing their best to justify that one too, look pretty dumb now.

Funny how none of those folks post much anymore. Go figure.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 28, 2013, 17:22 RollinThundr

ahh Islam,the religion of peace, tolerance and basic human rights.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields
21. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 17:20 RollinThundr

So it's bad to do yearly sequels ala COD, it's also apparently bad to make sequels at all apparently.

From what I've read Battlefield 4 actually has more right out of the box, (maps etc) than 3 did, but EA's only in it to charge you $150 over the course of 2 years while holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy each and every DLC.

Seems to be the consensus I guess.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2013, 16:20 RollinThundr

Sorry for your loss Elf, thoughts and prayers to you and yours.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 28, 2013, 10:36 RollinThundr

Alleged gang ties, blame video games anyway. This is what passes for journalism today.  

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 28, 2013, 10:19 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 17:45:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 17:41:
nin wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 16:48:
Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 16:40:
I hope MS is rushing like hell and that's creating massive problems for them and all these boxes being pushed out all RROD and kill off the Failbox once and for all.

I just love that any good will they accumulated over the lifetime of the 360 got burnt through in 2-3 months this spring.

Why do you guys play games at all at this point?

Same reason you troll so hard. We enjoy it.

Really you enjoy them? Then why do half of you hate every game mentioned on this site if you enjoy them so much? Just curious. The usual lists of resident trolls call others trolls. lol you folks are special. Really special.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 28, 2013, 08:11 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 21:27:
"We don't ship a game that we can't charge $150 for over time instead of $60 right away."

Because achievements and multiplayer some how cost extra?

News Comments > EA Clarifies Online Games Comment
4. Re: EA Clarifies Online Games Comment Aug 28, 2013, 08:08 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 22:20:
Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 22:00:
Someone needs to take Peter Moore to a doctor, because he's repeating himself ad nauseam.

More like to remove his foot from his mouth. It's good when they screw up like this from time to time because then everyone reminds them of why things like ODRM are despised.

95% of the pc titles from any publisher, always on. Complains as though EA is the only one doing it. Priceless.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo