Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
3. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 10:28 RollinThundr

They found the off switch for the console versions however. They also found a solution to it always being on for the console versions. Also the console versions have great drop rates for rares and legendaries.

So I think the better question is why did Blizzard totally fuck over the PC user base? Lie to them repeatedly, and continue to lie?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 6, 2013, 08:14 RollinThundr

killer_roach wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 22:03:
LittleMe wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 15:25:
It's ultra-paranoid behavior that is going to anger the world. They're running amok on the Internet. It's childish and immature.

The first and most important step to limit their power is to cut off their money supply. That can only be done by going back to a commodity-backed currency. Right now they can counterfeit as much money as they want to keep their illegal operations going and we suffer through increased inflation in everything we buy. They steal our money to break the law, including international law.

Many of the most vocal backers of a commodity-backed currency do so out of self-interest - they own a lot of that currency. Even assuming the US massively stockpiled gold, it would require gold to be about $25,000 an ounce in order for it to sufficiently back the US money supply. Also, demand shocks in that commodity have been known to have deleterious effects on backed currencies, not to mention the problem that trade imbalances create (see what France did right before the Great Depression).

I really don't see another option, we're going to go bankrupt continuing to back the worthless paper that we continue to print like the world is ending tomorrow.

What we're doing now isn't sustainable, I'd almost go as far as this precious "global economy" on the whole is something in itself that is more than likely unsustainable.

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 5, 2013, 16:11 RollinThundr

LittleMe wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 15:25:
It's ultra-paranoid behavior that is going to anger the world. They're running amok on the Internet. It's childish and immature.

The first and most important step to limit their power is to cut off their money supply. That can only be done by going back to a commodity-backed currency. Right now they can counterfeit as much money as they want to keep their illegal operations going and we suffer through increased inflation in everything we buy. They steal our money to break the law, including international law.

Exactly, go back to the gold standard, rather this worthless paper crap that is worth less than the ink it's printed on.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 5, 2013, 11:39 RollinThundr

Interesting that the NSA hasn't even been following the law when it comes to the patriot act to begin with.Interesting as well the the author of the act is making the claim here.

I wonder just how much else that Congress passes that is either ignored, or not properly enforced.

Still think the solution is to severely limit government on the whole and start giving power back to individual states.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 5, 2013, 08:53 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 17:26:
McSterls wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 16:02:
Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 10:07:
Wow, the old bastard wants to put America into another needless war so his pals can continue to loot the US taxpayers and steal Syrian resources and he's laughing it off like it's all a big joke.

Do they have resources to steal?

They sure do. Not much oil left but a shit ton of natual gas. They're the world leader if I recall. And let's not forget the upside to the pigs in the Military-Industrial Complex. They must all be walking around with hardons right now and purchasing new ski chalets in Switzerland. You can bet it's entirely about that and not that a few peasants got gassed.

So wait, Obama's been pushing for Syria action and this is Mccain's fault? How fucking delusional can one be?

News Comments > Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M
32. Re: Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M Sep 5, 2013, 08:26 RollinThundr

ItBurn wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 16:08:
Xero wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 16:07:
Someone nailed it. The only reason EA got involved in this was so that they had more people register with Origin. It was a win win for them.

And also get people interested in their franchises in order to get a bigger "fan" pool for the next iterations.

Yet if Valve does something like this. "OMG GABEN IS TBE BESTEST I WANNA HAVE HIS BABIES!"

You people who equate EA to the actual evils of the world? Yeah you're fucking idiots.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Sep 4, 2013, 09:28 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 09:26:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 09:12:
While I don't disagree the PA guys are a couple genuine doucharoni's, the constant outrage by the over sensitive types over the smallest things is getting to the point of nausea.

People have every right to be an asshole in our society today while other people have every right to tell them they are being one. I don't even remember the initial joke but it's not even important anymore, it's about how it was handled.

Oh sure. But consider the source on this one. At least in the case of Ms Sampat.

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Sep 4, 2013, 09:16 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 07:19:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 00:16:
You have no idea aside from MWO what I play or what I don't play either. Why don't you try to not be a condescending prick for once and either don't reply, or ignore me since you seem to enjoy starting shit every chance you get.

Might want to take your own advice first and have a look in the mirror. You also failed to read the text yet again

You obviously are obtuse for the sake of it. I don't think I'm the only one that notices how much games in general get hated on around here. I'm certainly not the first person to point it out either. Acting like it doesn't happen for the sake of it is going about as full retard as you possibly can. Never go full retard. And welcome to my ignore list, find someone else to stir shit up with going forward.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Sep 4, 2013, 09:12 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 09:05:
If shes a cunt then Mike is a loudmouthed douchebag.

PA courted this issue several times instead of taking its own advice to its critics - ignore it. Instead they got all indignant about the criticism and continually gave it more attention, doing so now well after the fact for no logical reason. I'm sure Mike is taking a victory lap while his sycophants bray but it's a hollow victory without any real opponent other than common sense.

To see several otherwise reasonable people here gleefully embracing this stupidity is disappointing. Seems like people getting vicarious jollies through a public figure, too bad he's such a poor vehicle for combating over sensitive types since he stokes the flames so liberally.

Maybe this can be a bonus tier in their next Kickstarter, public douchebaggery so pay our office expenses!

While I don't disagree the PA guys are a couple genuine doucharoni's, the constant outrage by the over sensitive types over the smallest things is getting to the point of nausea.

Apparently these people lived in a bubble their entire lives growing up and don't get that the world isn't full of rainbows and ponies.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Sep 4, 2013, 00:16 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 23:03:
and half of the BN regulars seem to hate every single damn game in existence, and will let you know about it without ever playing the particular title more than 5 minutes if at all, I find it pretty hilarious to begin with.

If you hate the hobby so much, find something else to do.

You said the above, not Cutter. You have no clue what people have played or not and people not liking your favorite internet toy doesn't make them a hater. Take your own advice, if you hate people here so much then get lost.

You have no idea aside from MWO what I play or what I don't play either. Why don't you try to not be a condescending prick for once and either don't reply, or ignore me since you seem to enjoy starting shit every chance you get.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Sep 4, 2013, 00:12 RollinThundr

PropheT wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 23:17:
Redmask wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 22:58:
Krahulik pointlessly reopened the issue, showing all of the maturity of a 13 year old so it's hard to get mad at people for reacting appropriately.

I don't know, the argument is with someone who thinks that the only thing the creators of Child's Play have done right was to pull merchandise related to a comic they made that didn't really say what she made it out to say.

All he did was to essentially say that it was a mistake to try and talk with people who weren't actually attempting to discuss anything.

Social justice warriors aren't ever there to discuss in the first place.

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2013, 21:46 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 19:29:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 17:32:
Please, I got nothing on Cutter, that guy's picture is in the dictionary next to the definition for troll.

It's one thing to not like someone's political leanings, granted I get that I'm a minority conservative on this board, but considering this is a gaming news site, and half of the BN regulars seem to hate every single damn game in existence, and will let you know about it without ever playing the particular title more than 5 minutes if at all, I find it pretty hilarious to begin with.

Funny how your definition of hate seems to consist of things that other don't like that you happen to like. In the real world people have opinions about things that conflict with your own, people aren't classified haters because you're too selfish and ignorant to understand that you and your preferences aren't the center of the universe.

The whole troll thing came from political threads in case you didn't notice.

Please point me to a game that Cutter hasn't hated on lately. Nearly every single news post about a game lately, there he is, bashing it. If you hate the hobby so much, find something else to do.

I never claimed my preferences were the center of anything, shit I didn't even back star citizen for example. Rather than put words in my mouth on a regular basis like you do. Just click the ignore button. It's much nicer for both of us that way.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2013, 21:42 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 18:48:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 08:13:
Had they gone the Kickstarter route, they would have made it in spades.

No what they did is shop it around to all the publishers, but because Microsoft still owns the rights to anything electronic when it comes to Mech, none of the publishers wanted to touch it since you'd still need permission to use the license from Microsoft.

This is ultimately what killed the never launched MPBT3025 and subsequently Kesmai.

Yeah, that's why I said "Spiritual Successor". There's little chance that anyone will be able to get the rights to make an official SP game. Giant robots and missiles and ballistic and energy weapons can't be copyrighted, only "Mechwarrior" "Direwolf" "PPC" and such. Change the mech designs, change the names, and advertise it as a spiritual successor, and you're good to go. Hell, maybe even bring back Starseige.

For sure, and I'd back it in a second. Also I think you're the one other person aside from me, who bought or at the least remembers Starseige without the Tribes part at the end.

That game was ugly, buggy as fuck, but it was a mech game damnit.

And of course I somewhat defend the game today, and they break Gauss riffles in today's patch. Well done PGI well done.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2013, 17:32 RollinThundr

Dirwulf wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 15:44:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 22:48:
Let me guess, you don't play MWO and didn't KS Star Citizen right? Yeah I thought so. I think you are one of the most toxic people I've ever had the displeasure of reading posts from.

This has to be one of the funniest posts I've ever read on BN. The Troll calling out another troll.

Please, I got nothing on Cutter, that guy's picture is in the dictionary next to the definition for troll.

It's one thing to not like someone's political leanings, granted I get that I'm a minority conservative on this board, but considering this is a gaming news site, and half of the BN regulars seem to hate every single damn game in existence, and will let you know about it without ever playing the particular title more than 5 minutes if at all, I find it pretty hilarious to begin with.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
28. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 3, 2013, 15:55 RollinThundr

robdot wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 15:19:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 14:23:
robdot wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 12:51:
Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 12:20:
Dang, Nintendo got put down hard by Hines. What he says makes perfect sense, though.

So Nintendo has little to no third party support, and all its first party games are still scheduled for "next year." That was a solid piece of strategery they did.

Do you think Nintendo, or their core audience give a fuck about Bethesda? No, they don't. Did Bethesda make any wii games? Yet, somehow the wii was a success. Wow, go figure. Not sure why Nintendo or their audience should care what this guy thinks.

Because with out the big publishers like EA, Take Two, and Activision you're pretty much left with Mario and Zelda. Nintendo has always had terrible dealings with 3rd party publishers, that it's gotten to the point where they don't want to invest in making games for an underpowered, essentially last gen console, can you really blame them?

Nintendo fucked up. They thought they could ride out putting out lower end speced out consoles forever and they'd still sell because, MARIO! Then reality came and clubbed them in the head.

Your simply making the same old,tired , argument that people have been making for generations about Nintendo..which they prove to be false,over,and over, and over,people said the exact same thing about the wii. Word for word.

Thing is the Wii actually sold, the WiiU isn't selling. It's going to get to a point where Mario alone isn't going to keep Nintendo afloat.

Those who grew up with the NES are adults now, most want to play adult games and will go to the platform that has those titles. The WiiU isn't it.

27. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 3, 2013, 15:52 RollinThundr

nin wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 15:22:
robdot wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 15:19:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 14:23:
Do you think Nintendo, or their core audience give a fuck about Bethesda? No, they don't. Did Bethesda make any wii games? Yet, somehow the wii was a success. Wow, go figure. Not sure why Nintendo or their audience should care what this guy thinks.

Because with out the big publishers like EA, Take Two, and Activision you're pretty much left with Mario and Zelda. Nintendo has always had terrible dealings with 3rd party publishers, that it's gotten to the point where they don't want to invest in making games for an underpowered, essentially last gen console, can you really blame them?

Nintendo fucked up. They thought they could ride out putting out lower end speced out consoles forever and they'd still sell because, MARIO! Then reality came and clubbed them in the head.

Your simply making the same old,tired , argument that people have been making for generations about Nintendo..which they prove to be false,over,and over, and over,people said the exact same thing about the wii. Word for word.

You two are like a match for each other. I hope it goes well!

Oh how cute, someone from the BN clique made a funny.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
90. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Sep 3, 2013, 14:43 RollinThundr

Krovven wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 17:33:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 17:10:
If your build is not good enough or if you don't like it, you can start a new character, of the same class, and play it differently.

Most people don't want to do that, nor do they have time to do that. If that's how D3 was, I (and just about everyone else I know) would not have played it beyond Normal difficulty (just as I didn't with D2). Instead I have all 5 classes at lvl 60 with varying levels of Paragon on each of them.

Hitting a wall in an ARPG where the build you have chosen ceases to be viable, sucks ass. Starting over with a new build that may run into the same problem 30 hours in, is not fun. If you enjoy that, there are several other ARPG options out there for you.

The irony is, you contradict yourself. You say don't want to use "one of X combos that work", but that's exactly what you are saying you want by preferring to use a locked skill tree that you cannot change, therefore you need to know exactly what "combos" you are going to be using up-front for the entire time you play that character.

The D3 method, I can play the same character from lvl 1 to 60 using a huge variety of skills, swap them around, change the Runes and experiment with different combos and I never need to look it up on a website to tell me if I'm wasting my time or not. I try it, and change it as needed.

So do they pay you to continue to shill for this train wreck of how not to design an ARPG?

The itemization in D3 is broken, has been since day one. Hell the whole fucking game is dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. No skill trees, every class just picks the best skill so everyone is pretty much cookie cutter. The item stats blow, unless an item has a main stat that helps out whatever character your on, it could be a god item otherwise yet, into the trash it goes.

All things people pointed out via the beta and within the first months of release.

Hate to say we all told you so, but we did.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2013, 14:48.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 3, 2013, 14:23 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 12:20:
Dang, Nintendo got put down hard by Hines. What he says makes perfect sense, though.

So Nintendo has little to no third party support, and all its first party games are still scheduled for "next year." That was a solid piece of strategery they did.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2013, 10:41 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 08:32:
Cutter has a point RollinThundr even if you dont seem to want to see it. MWO could have been a great game, I played the shit out of it but I quit once I mastered the mechs I wanted and once the direction the game developers are taking has been revealed. They are going the 'easy' moneymaking route. No new features for nearly a full year. They keep on adding mechs and implementing strange balance changes that nobody really needs or wants. Where is community warfare? Where is Clan Tech? A shame really, this game could have been so great.

Im hoping Starcitizen doesnt go this way, but if they do no one is going to be able to do anything about it.

I still play it every day, so trust me I'm aware of what the "could have beens" are.

While I agree community warfare should already be in the game by now, I can't say I'm upset that they aren't rushing everything and instead want to make sure the game is balanced before adding the metagame that everyone's been waiting for.

I think they're close to that at this point. Weapons feel really balanced be it lasers, ballistics, or LRM/SRMs.

I'm not sure what strange balance means to be honest, I'm fine with the jump jet shake because it now takes skill to pull off perfect sniping type shots with PPC's or Gauss.

I also don't think people realize this seems to be a pretty green dev team and they appear to be learning as they go. That being said criticism is one thing. What cutter does isn't criticism on most things, just outright trolling.

Really what would adding clan tech right now do? Completely unbalance all the work they've done the last few months. I get it, it's frustrating how slow their process has been. But here's the thing, if they get it right in the long run, the wait will have been worth it.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2013, 10:50.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 3, 2013, 08:25 RollinThundr

Agrajag wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 06:20:
I thought "oriental" was only offensive when used to refer to a person... But, for instance, it was still fine to talk about "oriental rugs"... But, now even refering to "the orient" as a place is offensive? Geez... They do know it's basically just Latin for "the east", right??

This is what cultural marxism and political correctness does.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo