Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
105. Re: Op Ed Sep 10, 2013, 16:12 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 14:47:
I am just amused at your hypocrisy and lack of self awareness. The only social issues that matter are the ones you care about, of course. Nothing else counts because of an invented technicality.

The irony is that no one here identified with the original complainers, calling them 'social justice warriors' is a pointless victory against an imaginary opponent who does not exist here. What people took issue with is Krahulik being an idiot about it repeatedly. If anything the worst thing you can do about issues you don't care about is help give them attention.

If they want to readd a dickwolves shirt to their storefront, that's their business. Obviously Krahulik does have a habit of being an idiot about things but honestly who gives a fuck? If you're going to get offended at a webcomic making a joke about an MMO of all things, implied rape from imaginary video game characters or not, you're prolly just a little over sensitive to begin with, never leave the house, you might get upset by something out there in that big world.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
102. Re: Op Ed Sep 10, 2013, 14:12 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 07:20:
LOL right sure thing. Much like Beamer you kinda jut make it up as you go along doncha? At any rate, I get the impression you honestly don't understand the terminology to begin with. That's fine, let's just move on.

Got this saved for future reference on your next bout of whining about fundie libertarian social issues and how oppressed they are by the liberalblahblah.

I never said I was oppressed, I was annoyed that blue tends to have a habit of removing conservative view points and leaving the opposite view point that was argued.

The fact that you're trying to equate that to getting a gang together and attacking a certain topic, be it women representation in games, or how more important pushing gay marriage is rather than fixing the budget/economy (or in Obama's case ever getting one passed) Aren't even remotely on the same play field. It's a strawman attack for no reason

News Comments > FIFA 14 Demo
3. Re: FIFA 14 Demo Sep 10, 2013, 14:01 RollinThundr

I think it's more the lack of sales for sports titles on PC is why they don't bother anymore.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements
43. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 10:39 RollinThundr

SESNut wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:52:
LaxerFL wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:35:
nin wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 20:43:
Win8 64 and a 3 gig graphics card??? I understand it's "recommended" but still...

Damn...

Are you saying "damn" because you think the requirements are high? Any gaming rig built in the last 8 months should exceed those reqs. Aside from Windows 8 which is just a shit OS and they will have to pry Win7 from my cold dead hands, my 1 year old rig beats all those recommended specs.

only amd cards come with 3gb of ram

4gb NVidia cards are specialty items and show barely any difference in benchmarks

Wrong, there are 3gb Nvidia cards, I know, I have a 3 gig 770 in my machine right now.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Of course NSA can crack crypto. Anyone can. The question is, how much? Sep 9, 2013, 19:09 RollinThundr

LittleMe wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 13:08:
Strawman argument. The article comes off with a mild 'so what its no big deal' tone.

The fact that they crack crypto is not the controversy. The controversy is the mass data collection that dragnets everyone. The other controversy, among many, is that they are paying businesses for back doors to their supposedly secure encryption. We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. We are supposed to not be searched and seized without due cause. It's a human rights concern.

anyone with access to that research can—at least some of the time—crack VPNs, they can crack HTTPS, they can extract data from iPhones.

So what. They are doing it on a more massive scale than anyone else. Orders of magnitude more. History has shown that government is not to be trusted with this degree of power.

Totally this. Add in the apparent fact that there seems to be little to zero oversight when it comes to the NSA to begin with. Never mind all the secret backroom courts among other things.

I never thought in my lifetime that I would be this leery of the US government, but the amount of trashing of the constitution the last two administrations have managed to accomplished in such a short time is actually literally frightning.

News Comments > Op Ed
100. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2013, 18:57 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 18:47:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 18:42:
Holy fuck you're an idiot, saying you're a minority when it comes to political parties on a site is not going the SJW route. It's just stating a god damn fact. Holy reach for straws Batman.

Childish. Careful you don't fall over from all of that backpedaling, running away from your own words should never be done so quickly

'social justice warrior' indeed.

LOL right sure thing. Much like Beamer you kinda jut make it up as you go along doncha? At any rate, I get the impression you honestly don't understand the terminology to begin with. That's fine, let's just move on.

News Comments > Op Ed
98. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2013, 18:42 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 13:43:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 12:57:
ffs you obviously have no idea what the term social justice warrior even means beam..er redmask.

Ok user who was crying about being a minority here just a few weeks ago. Its only social justice warrior when its issues you don't care about, got it.

Holy fuck you're an idiot, saying you're a minority when it comes to political parties on a site is not going the SJW route. It's just stating a god damn fact. Holy reach for straws Batman.

Now you're just not making any sense.

News Comments > Op Ed
44. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2013, 17:19 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 09:34:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 09:28:
Oh sure. But consider the source on this one. At least in the case of Ms Sampat.

I'm not using her as a source for anything, read what I said already.

Which I don't disagree with, in this case though you have a hardcore feminist looking to "fight the good fight"

Shit woman are more equal in this society these days then ever when you really think about it, somehow that isn't enough though, the way you hear some of these feminist talk you'd think it was still 1950.

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
30. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 15:15 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 14:20:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 12:50:
Oh nos Blue used a twitter embed QQQQQQQQ. Jesus really people?

Context is important. Also you actually thought, typed and then posted "QQ" in a non-ironic manner, way worse offense.

c'mon it pops too much? It doesn't "fit" with the site layout? There's your context, nitpicking about something so trivial and ridiculous it needs not even be debated.

News Comments > Op Ed
95. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2013, 12:57 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 23:01:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 13:18:
Actually I've never once gone the SJW route, the only thing I've ever asked for is for politicians to be held accountable. Apparently you can't tell the difference between the two, or have me confused with someone else.

No confusion, you just lie when cornered and like to pretend you don't do exactly what you criticize others for.

Okay I am last BUT this is NOT about the strip or the joke. It was everything after that. The way everything was done. When you have people who have an opinion that is different you respect it and if disagree and don't break the first rule of the Internet.

Most people were on their side before they started retreading it, they just played into the hands of their opposition and preached to the choir.

ffs you obviously have no idea what the term social justice warrior even means beam..er redmask.

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
25. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 12:50 RollinThundr

Oh nos Blue used a twitter embed QQQQQQQQ. Jesus really people?  

News Comments > Op Ed
92. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2013, 13:18 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 10:55:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 03:39:
There comes a point where you have the old boy who cried wolf story. And it's quickly getting to that point with the white knight social justice crowd types like beamer.

Ironically you're the one who cries the most about wanting social justice around here, just for your own causes. Mewling hypocrite.

Actually I've never once gone the SJW route, the only thing I've ever asked for is for politicians to be held accountable. Apparently you can't tell the difference between the two, or have me confused with someone else.

News Comments > Op Ed
90. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2013, 03:39 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 13:57:
Gruntstein wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:08:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 23:20:
I like games, but go into almost any multiplayer game and pretend to be a woman or a minority for a couple of hours and you will see how nasty it is.
That's a great idea. Lets all passive-aggressively troll people with information that has no bearing on the game being played and smugly point at the negative responses and spit out the words 'told you so' between handfuls of Doritos. All because we think black people and girls need to be white knighted at every opportunity because they're too weak to fend for themselves. That isn't racist or sexist at all.

Well, I mean, in truth? Yes, black people cannot fight institutionalized racism on their own. That's the whole definition of institutionalized racism.

There comes a point where you have the old boy who cried wolf story. And it's quickly getting to that point with the white knight social justice crowd types like beamer.

At some point people are going to get over the race card or the rape culture card, being played and stop feeling guilt for something they weren't alive during to take part of or stop walking on egg shells for everyone because someone's precious little feelings might get hurt.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
28. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 13:50 RollinThundr

Undocumented Alien wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 12:19:
Why is there no RMAH in the PS3 version? Sony likely wouldn't allow it, at least without their cut, which would make it not worth it...

It's the same for XBOX as well.

I realize you're not all developers, or even computer people, but shit takes time...

How big of you to explain to all the little people. D3 was in the oven for a LONG time, time was not an issue for Blizz. Your excuse doesn't hold any water. Obviously they reused a lot of the code base from the PC version and somehow, using a genius like yourself I guess, were able to strip the AH/RMAH out of the game.

People "like" yourself complained with publishers like Ubi-soft used shitty DRM schemes and the complaining helped remedy the decision. If "we" don't let Blizz know that the forced ODRM sucks, then nothing will get changed.

"I" want the OPTION to play D3 SP Offline just like I did with Diablo and Diablo 2. So I will be vocal about it. Sorry if my want for an OPTION takes away from your gaming experience.

Especially in that it was a feature in both of the previous titles. It didn't stop the duping. Delayed it yes, but as usual where there is a will, there is a way.

There is no doubt in my mind D3 was rebooted more than just the one time either. Blizzard took 5 years and handed the PC community a stinking pile expecting them to dive right in.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 13:27 RollinThundr

PropheT wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 13:15:
Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 13:06:
There is no such thing as free speech. There is protected speech. Big difference. I'll never understand the mentality of these self-entitled 'It's America so I can do whatever the fuck I want and fuck personal responsibility!' attitude. Krahulik needs a severe beating. Like a year in a hospital, major surgeries, crippled for life kind of beating. Then he might just realize there are consequences to actions.

I've got to be honest, when I see a post like that it makes me wonder why I'd ever want to be part of the same community it comes out of.

BUT MUH FEELINGS! Seriously. Wishing someone physical pain for making a joke about an mmo that people took too seriously. There's that whole tolerance thing showing it's true nature.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 12:11 RollinThundr

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:01:
You seem to be the only person who's upset here. I'm perfectly calm.

As am I, it's just old listening to people find things to whine and cry about for the sake of whining and crying about non issues and rally the entire internet behind non issues.

There are so many more important things to worry about, instead we're constantly distracted by social issues, that yes, they are important, but they aren't the end all be all, sky is falling type of things that people make them out to be.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
9. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 10:59 RollinThundr

Malachii wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 10:55:
Disagree.
I still like the auction house. Especially for alt leveling. It's great to be able to snag a lv60 weapon/armor with a reduced lv requirement of 14 to help with the last levels.

I know most older timers hated the auction house, but don't use it. Pretty simple. And no, I do not believe drops were "tuned" for AH.(prove me wrong.. PROOF , not conjecture or twisting words) We can get into the specifics of the item system being busted, but we've done that a million times already. Point is, the chances of an item dropping that beats what you have by the time you are para 100 is probably worse than lottery odds...So the AH fills this void nicely as well.
D2 players would buy/sell/trade all the time at this point, still not sure why the disdain? cause of the RMAH? If it was just gold would you all be LESS butthurt?

To clarify, I am done with D3 at this point in time having sucked a ton of time out of it but eagerly await the expansion next year. Will I pick up on console? Nah. Been there done that.

The proof is the massively increase drop rates in the console versions. It's pretty obvious.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 10:57 RollinThundr

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 10:46:
The idiot expresses regret that he had to stop making money off rape jokes, and that makes people "entitled brats"?

Woosh!

WOOSH Getting upset over "rape" from imaginary video game creatures! Quick ban PA! Social Justice Warriors UNITE!

6. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 10:46 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 10:42:
No surprise here, everyone know it was always a business feature, not a user feature.

Everyone except Krowen.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 10:39 RollinThundr

BUT BUT MUH FEELINGS! MUH (non existent) RAPE CULTURE. That people are still upset over a 2011 video game web comic, regardless of what happened at Pax, paints a pretty good picture at just how much society has turned into a whiny bunch of entitled brats.  

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo