Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 10:33 RollinThundr

Narf2029 wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 10:09:
Agreed - I think it's a good move on their part to not cover PAX because of all the intolerance Krahulik exhibits. I just don't get why people feel the need to hate something that ultimately has little to no effect on them personally.

That said, I doubt this will have any impact whatsoever. People just do not care unless something is directly causing them a problem at an individual level. The average person is fine turning a blind eye to persecution as long as they're not the one being persecuted.

I think people forget here how much PA has supported the LGBT community on the whole and are using this incident as an excuse to go on another useless social justice warrior crusade as usual.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 17, 2013, 18:39 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 10:04:
California had to fork over nearly $1 million to the video game industry for attorney fees after the nation's highest court in 2011 sided with game makers in striking down a state law banning the sale of violent games to minors. Now the Entertainment Software Association is using some of that money to teach game design to Oakland students hoping to join the lucrative field.

"We had a good litigation. They won. They got lots of money. Let's pour it into our schools and kids and particularly kids of color and kids of low income," Brown said Monday afternoon on a visit to the Oakland School for the Arts.

Racist much?

Oakland young people ranging from their teens to early 20s are taking video game classes at Youth UpRising. The organization's director, Olis Simmons, said she hopes the program will propel underserved kids into an industry that does not presently reflect the diversity of California's population.

The classes will not likely lead directly to a job but "expose you to a whole labor market," she said.

Well there's a million well spent. Training people...so they won't get a job. Fuck, no wonder California has a zillion dollar deficit.

He's a democrat, he just wants to help out the minorities with everyone else's money. How can that be racist?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
36. removed Sep 17, 2013, 18:34 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 18, 2013, 08:47.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
20. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 17, 2013, 00:44 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 00:41:
Now the game is gone completly unless you go to New Releases, I took a picture of it when it was still there, and when you click it, it said "Content Not Available". WTF!? hehehehe

Go to "new releases" it is in there "free" But going to take 12 hours to DL.

Thanks Bats, downloading. Time to go pass out 45 mins later than I planned.

18. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 17, 2013, 00:37 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 00:31:
Some really valid points being made, the best one "Not a good time to drop the ball with the new console choices this fall....."

It doesn't make a good argument for digital releases on the consoles either. No preloading, and on obvious big games like GTA 5 you get this bs.

16. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 17, 2013, 00:23 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 00:21:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 00:19:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 00:10:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 00:09:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 00:04:
Download on ps3 isn't showing.
No, no it isn't.

I predicted a huge cluster - here ya go.

The internets are going to explode.

What's screwy about it is it has no "purchased" indicator now, like it did earlier. Way to go Sony. *slow clap*

All over Twitter - people who purchased, can't download, and people who never ordered are downloading it for free.....with screens to show what is going on.

Seriously? Really Sony??

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 17, 2013, 00:19 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 00:10:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 00:09:
No, no it isn't.

I predicted a huge cluster - here ya go.

The internets are going to explode.

What's screwy about it is it has no "purchased" indicator now, like it did earlier. Way to go Sony. *slow clap*

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 17, 2013, 00:09 RollinThundr

No, no it isn't.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
58. removed Sep 16, 2013, 18:08 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 16, 2013, 18:30.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
43. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 14:36 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 14:03:
The internet shitstorm over Carolyn Petits review on Gamespot is equal parts hilarious and pitiful. She gives the game a really high score (9.0), lots of glowing text and only casually mentions that the game is profoundly misogynistic (its a GTA game, shes not wrong) and people are starting up petitions to get her fired over it. It's like a reverse social justice thing or something in a creepy and stupid way.

Silly is what it is. Silly. Anyone in their right mind knows a GTA game has mature content and is more than likely not the friendliest towards women. Her stating that fact shouldn't get the GTA fanbois in an uproar looking to get her shitcanned.

What the hell is wrong with society today that this shit even happens to begin with? Social Justice Warrioring, never once.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
47. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 22:46 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 22:00:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 19:39:
I play games. Any where... any system... just keeping it real since this is a site about gaming of all kinds.

I've arranged to be off and I'll be there at midnight to pick up my PS3 copy. Sure, I'm hoping Sony & Take2 will do the right thing and offer a $10 PS4 upgrade like they (other studios) have planned for several other big releases.

That said I'm still going to have a blast playing it on the PS3.

same here, I learned on console NES an Atari but eventually graduated to the PC platform. I'm a gamer through and through and we'll get any great game on anY system I would love for it to come out on PC but I'm concerned that it won'tI am not willing to wait for what will be the greatest game in the series and this year.

At this point being a PC fan boy is just as detrimental

Well said Bats.

33. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 17:50 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 17:48:
]

That doesn't mean much to me - and in and of itself isn't evidence of anything. Correct me if I'm wrong, but deciding which platform a game releases on and which it doesn't is typically a publisher decision isn't it? I'll believe GTAV is coming to PC when it is confirmed by Rockstar/Take 2, not before.

It's always the publisher's decision.

5. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 11:07 RollinThundr

There's already been a since pulled listing for a PC sku in France. I think GTA 5 coming to PC is kinda a no brainer. Shame Rockstar isn't capable of putting out PC ports at the same time as the console versions, like every other developer in fucking existence.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta October 1st (or 4th)
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Open Beta October 1st (or 4th) Sep 14, 2013, 13:22 RollinThundr

DangerDog wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 03:12:
They changed the lens flare from blue to orange, so many assets remain untouched from BF3 that many people are going to be calling foul on the #4 designation.

I wonder what the pre-order numbers look like, are they sweating any bullets yet?

Yep that's all they did, It's not like they worked on the engine to allow for even more destructible terrain or incorporate tactics into that. No they just changed a color filter and slapped it in a box.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 14, 2013, 13:06 RollinThundr

Quboid wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 08:18:
Dagnamit wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 00:35:
the thing that I don't understand is why the US gov't is actually admitting to all this shit. I thought the rule was, "everyone knows you do it, but you never say you're doing it." that kind of hubris always comes before the fall.

Why not? People who care are dismissed as supporting traitors by major news networks who, like turkeys voting for Christmas, seem to want people with Snowden's information arrested. Never mind that working with leaked information IS THEIR OWN FUCKING JOB.

Yet if you point out the media bias, you get labeled as all sorts of things. It's plain and simple, the US government is completely out of control, and unless we get back to actually honoring the Constitution and following it's amendments, especially the 2nd and 4th, we're going to have alot of problems going forward.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2013, 18:22 RollinThundr

Pigeon wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 09:09:
Google has apologized for the snooping, which it says took place between 2008 and March 2010. It promised to stop collecting the data and said the practice, conducted in more than 30 countries, was inadvertent but not illegal.

How can you inadvertently collect wifi data? Unsecured or not I would think it would take some amount of purposeful effort to collect the data.

Simple, you can't. I think the better question is why would their street map cameras be picking up wifi data at all?

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 12, 2013, 09:11 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 01:20:
H I'm a contrarian for sport, you can't help yourself.

Yeah I think we knew that already, it would explain alot at least.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 12, 2013, 08:36 RollinThundr

Eirikrautha wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 05:59:
Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 01:53:
Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 23:34:
Not just on Apple this time but people really need to start looking at the environmental and social impact of this conspicuous consumption where people need the greatest, latest doodad every few months. My last phone I've had for 3 years and that's only because I lost my other phone which I had for 4. There's a large negative impact to all of this. And please, don't spout GDP voodoonomics to me because even bad things are a plus as it applies to GDP. Every major oil spill is a major boost to the GDP while ignoring all the down sides.

Agreed. This is why the 360 has been a miracle. Prior to it people were upgrading their PCs on an annual basis. Now, innovation has stagnated to the point that people keep them 3-5 years. The social and economic impact is tremendous. We should all be praising the 360 constantly for helping assure we don't ruin the world by making electronics better as quickly as possible.

From anyone else, I'd be absolutely sure that this was sarcasm. But from BN's resident industry apologist...

Right?

News Comments > Endwar Online Announced
12. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 17:25 RollinThundr

Optional nickname wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 14:12:
this looks good enough to finally say goodbye to ALL EA games, thanks UBI!

I never understand comments like this, a good game is a good game regardless of the publisher name on the box. Why people often skip great games because EA or Gearbox or <insert dev & publisher here> I'll never understand.

Unless it's a developer noted for putting out trash. I suppose I can understand if your hate for a publisher/dev is so severe that you don't buy their titles based on that, but still, why deprive yourself of a good gaming experienced based on the name on the box?

News Comments > FIFA 14 Demo
5. Re: FIFA 14 Demo Sep 10, 2013, 19:33 RollinThundr

Eirikrautha wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 18:05:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 14:01:
I think it's more the lack of sales for sports titles on PC is why they don't bother anymore.

That's a chicken and egg problem. They make crappy ports and don't sell some sports games on PC (see the NHL franchise), then complain that the sales on PC are too small to justify better ports or increased offerings.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

I dunno, I found the PC versions of the late 90's NHL to be not all that bad. The sales I don't think were there, especially with hockey being somewhat a niche sport everywhere except for Canada and the north east.

I honestly think that's why EA dropped the PC sku when the now current gen cycle consoles launched.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo