Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 29, 2013, 11:23 RollinThundr

Why aren't we throwing treasonous people like Feinstein in jail already?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 28, 2013, 11:20 RollinThundr

Quboid wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 20:05:
WARNING

That article about the 15yo who robbed a bank is by the Daily Mail. They do not care about the actual causes, they do not even care about fake causes, they only care about scaring people into buying their next edition.

They lie about anything and everything and trick people into thinking that everyone else is lying and they are the sane ones - so you'd better buy the next edition or the terrorists/sick/foreigners/students (they're all the same) win.

If this sounds familiar to US readers, yeah, it's like a certain news channel.

yeah that MSNBC is really awful. Damnable Marxist douches.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
37. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2013, 15:13 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 09:16:
fill young impressionable children's heads with politically correct liberal bullshit.

You never learn with the agenda bullshit.

Issues in society tend to have a cause and effect. There are reasons people are so "entitled" feeling these days just as one example.

When people discuss topics, examples from political ideologies are often used as reasons why things have changed or what is different.

35. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2013, 13:42 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 09:16:
fill young impressionable children's heads with politically correct liberal bullshit.

You never learn with the agenda bullshit.

Nope just stating why personal responsibility is lost these days. I see it in action almost daily. And it's directly responsible for alot of the whole entitlement mentality as well.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
20. removed Sep 27, 2013, 09:05 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 27, 2013, 10:08.

32. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2013, 08:53 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 07:05:
InBlack wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 06:29:
I for one can live with with semi-anonymous trolls, if that means that the internet remains censorship free. Thick skin and all that, I mean seriously if internet trolls get your panties in a bunch, then how the fuck do you even walk out of your door to face Real Life every single day?

In Real Life people are called to account for their words by society and you have an identity that gets your actions and words attached to it. On the internet you register another user name with a different email and move on. This is why many people who would otherwise do nothing in real life will sit there on the internet saying the most disgusting shit imaginable.

So I have to disagree with you that anonymity on the internet is purely a force of good. There are many positive sides to it but there are some pretty large negative ones as well, we see it on here all the time with several political themed authors who do nothing but spin their bizarre personal obsessions and who incessantly call everyone else names. Having a thick skin is great and all but maybe some people should have a smaller mouth. There are people who come here to do nothing but act out, those people should be fucking banned. Instead I give them a taste of their own medicice because if they're allowed to exist and the rest of us have to tolerate their incessant bullshit every day then by god I won't let them have a good time doing it

In real life half the time people aren't held accountable either. That's what happens when you stop teaching personal responsibility as being important, and fill young impressionable children's heads with politically correct liberal bullshit.

Everyone puts forth their own twist on things, that's what discussion and forums are there for, to Discuss. It really does suck that there are people who want others banned or censored for having a difference of opinion. And that is the very definition of censorship.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 27, 2013, 08:48 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 23:27:
"EA SPORTS NHL 14 Simulation Predicts St. Louis Blues Will Become Stanley Cup Champions in 2014"

That would be alright by me. The Blues are long overdue.

Considering they've never won 1. Yeah they're overdue.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 26, 2013, 20:51 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 11:04:
InBlack wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 10:53:
You are assuming that photorealistic graphics will be built in the same way that traditional graphics are made these days by artists and designers who 'create' content in the traditional manner by building 3d assets, textures etc. etc.
When it comes to the future dont assume anything, by the time photorealistic graphics become possible and feasible for consumer grade specs, there will probably be equally ingenious ways of simplifying and building assets in much more cost effective ways. Textures for example could already be very easily incorporated by simply using photography for example.

I've seen a few indie games that tried to incorporate photographs into gameplay and it was always awkward and weird. Given the massive rise in production costs directly related to modeling and asset creation for games I think it's a safe assumption to make. I'm not sure I want photo-realism in games anyway, it would be ill suited to many genres.

I dunno, I think I've seen enough of my share of cel shaded, or cartoon WoW like graphics the last few years to last me a life time. I wouldn't mind grittier settings, and yes that generally means there's lots of brown and earthy colors.

15. removed Sep 26, 2013, 16:09 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 27, 2013, 10:07.

13. removed Sep 26, 2013, 14:18 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *

12. removed Sep 26, 2013, 14:13 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *

News Comments > GTA Online Microtransactions Confirmed
16. Re: GTA Online Microtransactions Confirmed Sep 26, 2013, 12:56 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 08:41:
entr0py wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 01:33:
"The game and its economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game.

If this is genuinely true and not bullshit, I have no real problem with them selling cash. The situation seems a bit like the early unlocks for sale in Battlefield 3. People who buy them are just robbing themselves of the enjoyment of unlocking things at the pace the developers intended, and feeling some sense of achievement and progression.

Haha well, I don't really like unlocks in multiplayer games anyway. It's a poorly disguised hamster wheel. The fact that people measure their enjoyment based on the unlock system is pretty disturbing to me. I would much rather everyone had everything unlocked and people played because they genuinely enjoyed the game. So I kind of get why some people pay to unlock everything, I think it's stupid but it sort of makes sense because grinding stuff like an MMO treadwheel is lame.

I have friends who still stop playing a game once they run out of things to grind, I think they are conditioned to believe that fun is derived from that. I go to work to work, not my videogames.

It's not so much looking at it as work, but looking for that carrot of reward for time invested.

7. removed Sep 26, 2013, 10:00 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2013, 13:29 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 11:12:
Government: "OMG WE MUST HAVE MORE LAWS AND BLAME THE VIDEOGAMES FOR SHITTY PARENTING!!!!!!!!!"

Yet you people bash when people bring up the fact that the idea of personal responsibility being not taught or acknowledged anymore.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2013, 13:04 RollinThundr

Considering the UN is about as corrupt as all the alphabet agencies combined, like Hilary said when asked when the president knew Bhengazi was under attack. "What difference does it make?"  

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Sep 25, 2013, 09:30 RollinThundr

LittleMe wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 12:50:
Or maybe this will show that Valve/Steam/Gabe aren't up to the task of moving us off Windows. Is he ready to invest hundreds of millions of dollars to do it? I doubt it. I know that yesterday I said that if anyone could, Steam might do it, but now I'm not so sure they will, especially cosnidering that they're trying to shoe-horn in the 'living room & tv experience' at the same time. The PC side of their business has succeeded so far while rejecting the TV & living gamepad room until recently.

Error: please connect your gamepad before launching steam! Remember this is a fucking living room! Nothing gets done here.

This. Not that I don't wish Valve to try new things. God knows it's not like they're releasing many actual games these days really. Trying to take on MS and Sony in the console space isn't going to be cheap.

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Offline?
8. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Offline? Sep 24, 2013, 12:10 RollinThundr

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 11:24:
They already said that it's a technical failure.. not a shutdown.

The haters don't care if it's just a technical issue. EA is the devil doncha know.

News Comments > Op Ed
58. removed Sep 22, 2013, 11:59 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 26, 2013, 09:47.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 22, 2013, 11:51 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 12:53:
Xil wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 00:30:
If the NSA comes knocking they open the door, simple as that.

To be fair, if it comes down to the NSA showing up with a court order, the corporations don't exactly have any choice. They either cooperate or the people in charge go to jail. (The story of that guy who shut his entire email operation down rather than comply was interesting, but obviously that's an easier decision to make if you're a small company versus a place that employs over a hundred-thousand people, and is publicly traded.)

It's the times when corporations will bend over and suck up to the NSA before that court order is ever even produced that's so galling. And despite them fervently bleating that they don't do so, Snowden's documents are revealing a pretty distressing pattern that the NSA asks for a finger, and corporations are giving them the entire fucking arm...

Anyway, OF COURSE the FBI can get the fingerprint data. Because of the FISA court, it's essentially a carte blanche for whatever the government wants, as there is no adversarial process. All the FBI or the NSA need to do is mumble something vaguely sounding like "terrorist", and tadaaaa, there's the court order by the monkeys at the FISA court.

And there isn't one honest law maker who realizes these FISA courts directly violate the constitution? The hell did we let happen?

News Comments > Op Ed
48. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 11:47 RollinThundr

Kosumo wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 01:35:
My health care is perfectly fine too. It's of our nationalized health system too. I work, but our system covers everyone.

I don't think our country is going bankrupt over it either, in fact, good all round health care for all helps a countries GDP if you want to look at it in such crude ways.

I see you anit sure cos you have no idea what will happen, but I don't see giving everyone medical help is a bad thing.

Healthcare premiums have tripled in the last year. Thank you Obamacare. They've gone up every year since 2003, since some facets of Obamacare are already in effect, it's only going to get worse on that front.

He eliminated the one option that would have made sense, single payer.

We already do give everyone medical help, you can't turn away a sick person simply due to not having insurance.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo