Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 2, 2013, 17:18 RollinThundr

Axis wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 17:09:
Beamer I know you all too well -- you're the rah-rah contradiction guy, the true parrot who has all the spin and none of the sense of it.

Your "it's stomping on the little guy" is so laughable its silly, I would LOVE to see the kind of company you'd make. But you never will I guarantee it. The projects I 'oversaw' never were horrible, I made them work out regardless of complexity everytime. All on you bro, all on you.

And prez's sentiment about 'tons of corporations' being people-stomping assholes to get rich is one of the most central to liberal views. I've agreed and disagreed with him before, but that VIEW is completely rank and file liberal.

And for the record, I never ever once mentioned the shit stupid word 'libtard' - that shit is for angry dummies, as is your laughable retort Beamer.

And I must apologize to Prez, I overlooked that the last one I quoted came from Beamer. It's valid, but not for Prez.

Any political post from Beamer is pretty much reciting the DNC playbook word for word, including playing the race card often. But he's not a liberal he says. Allthumbsup

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Need for Speed Rivals Trailer
11. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer Oct 2, 2013, 16:14 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 07:00:
Why the fuck would I go even go anywhere near this when there is the excellent Grid or Grid2?

What's wrong with arcade racers?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2013, 15:51 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 13:38:
Well it only took them 13 years to get rid of Ballmer. Maybe in another decade they'll be rid of all the old chaff and bad practices and MS might start thriving at that point. Still, I can't blame them for being pissed.

For someone who obviously has zero idea or experience in the actual business sector, you sure do seem to think you have all the answers.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Developer List Found
31. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 15:07 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 13:35:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 12:57:
Sho wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 10:54:
No, Duke Nukem Forever levels of ridiculousness happened because they were public about it and over-promised. Valve has done no such thing.

Promising short dev time for episodes never happened? I seem to recall that happening. Then their staff got bored and decided to work on overrated crap like portal and Left for Mediocrity er I mean Left for Dead and re releasing Counterstrike 17 times in different forms. Now they're making their little steam box.

Valve along with Blizzard are prolly the two most overrated over protected entities in the entire industry.

Feel free to drop off the thread and go back to playing Call of Duty.

Cute, haven't touched Call of Duty since World at War and don't plan to anytime soon. Oh god someone doesn't think Valve and Gabe are the bestest things ever! Quick tell them to play COD!

23. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 12:57 RollinThundr

Sho wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 10:54:
No, Duke Nukem Forever levels of ridiculousness happened because they were public about it and over-promised. Valve has done no such thing.

Promising short dev time for episodes never happened? I seem to recall that happening. Then their staff got bored and decided to work on overrated crap like portal and Left for Mediocrity er I mean Left for Dead and re releasing Counterstrike 17 times in different forms. Now they're making their little steam box.

Valve along with Blizzard are prolly the two most overrated over protected entities in the entire industry.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
43. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 2, 2013, 11:52 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 15:56:

I don't like either party, but in the case of the financial crisis, Republicans deserve a much larger portion of the blame.

So Bush repealed the Glass–Steagall act and forced banks to loan to people who never should have gotten said loans in the first place since they couldn't afford them? Clinton and the democrats are the major reason the housing bubble burst. Yet it's the republicans fault, just like the gov shut down is the republicans fault, just like the Senate failing to vote on a budget is the republicans fault. ETC ETC ETC

Notice a trend there? Everything is always the big bad evil republicans! damn them! /shakes fist

14. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 10:52 RollinThundr

Sho wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 10:22:
It's satire actually, not actually from Newell :). But it's spot-on, I don't get why everyone is screaming for a quickly developed sequel instead of something special.

10 years is quickly developed? HL episode3/HL3 is approaching Duke Nukem Forever levels of ridiculousness at this rate.

26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 2, 2013, 10:47 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 12:10:
I'm not particularly liberal.

Stopped reading right there, that you could say that with a straight face while constantly blaming Bush or the GOP or conservatives for all the world's woes is just fucking astounding.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
44. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 1, 2013, 13:25 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 08:53:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 01:44:

Nobody would ever say that though. Is there anybody who would argue that anonymity is only used for good?
You set up a strawman and made a point against it.

Anonymity is a very important aspect of discourse.
Just ask Silence Dogood... Actually, Richard Saunders... Er, Anthony Afterwit... I mean, Polly Baker... Benjamin Franklin.

I'm not going to support any attempts to curtail it. Anyone operating a forum for discussion can run it however they wish of course. Which leads me to the rest of your post which seemed to be more about censorship/banning which isn't really the same discussion. I'm very much against that as well but an operator can censor without removing anonymous/aliased posting.

Almost like taking a quote out of context and setting up your own point against it. I'm talking about curtailing hateful internet speech, trolling and other stupidity on private forums and websites. I notice a lot of it hides in offtopic religious and political rhetoric and that people will often register multiple places to spread it. I think anonymity allows them to do it more frequently and aggressively. As for censorship, we do it everywhere in society already, we're just less honest with ourselves about what we're doing.

What is your argument here, that government will use that against the people somehow? I hadn't really considered that but I'm not sure how it pertains to discourse on private websites. I understand the importance of anonymity in civil discourse between citizens and its government, particularly with how it pertains to voting but I think that's a slightly different topic and that the ship sailed on that with the advent of big identity farms like FB.

And who determines what's hateful? You? The rest of the liberal thought police?

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
18. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 1, 2013, 09:07 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 10:07:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 08:26:
Nevermind the fact during Obama's first 4 years spending for just the war in Afghanistan surged well past the entirety of Bush's 8. Forget we have troops deployed in more than 150 countries. And forget Democrats helped authorize the Iraq and Aghanistan war and Obama just goes in without Congressional approval arming the very same people who want to kill us.

Also don't forget that they actually ended one and are ending the other next year. Or hey, do forget that and try to place the blame solely on one party.

Smaller government! Less spending! Elect republicans! Oops.

The sooner people clue in that both parties are just corporate whores the better we'll all be. Politics needs a complete do over in America.

Yes he's ending it on Bush's time table as well. I think we all know both parties suck. Yet I'm sure you'll be voting for your girl Hillary anyway. You know Ms."what does it matter what the president knew?" Clinton? Boy she sure wanted to know what Nixon knew at the time of Watergate, guess Bhengazi wasn't as important though correct?

I wish liberals would stop acting all high and mighty when the only thing that comes from that party is hate, bigotry and out right lies.

41. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 1, 2013, 08:58 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 23:55:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 22:51:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 20:08:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 20:09:
Funny that even when the liberals have all 3 branches they still accomplish nothing, yet the republicans still get all the blame. Wonder why that is?

Cool story, too bad it isn't true in the sense that they actually would control all three. They don't have the house. Anything less than all 3 is gridlock and typically if it is 2 Dem - 1 Rep it's always gridlock. If it were 1 dem and 2 rep, that has proven to work much better.

To the other poster we all get both sides are a mess. File it under "lesser of two evils".

For the first two years of Obama's presidency they had both the house and senate. Still got zero done. The republicans also got the blame for that as well.
That's crap as well. They had maybe a few months of actual control due to some congresspeople not able to be present for various reasons. Oh, and having to clean up the wreck of an economy that Bush left us with. (I just threw that in since you seem to like wild over-generalization and over-simplifications when you're not just outright lying).

Bush left a mess for sure, Clinton got the ball rolling on the recession however in multiple ways. Junior was just left holding the bag when it exploded so of course he's going to get 100% of the blame.
However here's what gets me, how many more terms does Obama need to have in office before he's a tiny bit responsible? As for your fact check bullshit on the messiah's promises, when you put things like the cost of college as a win in Obama's book and something he's fulfilled as a campaign promise among others, make sure it's true. College tuitions certainly aren't going down.

Both parties suck, Republicans would spend us into bankruptcy at a slightly smaller rate than the Democrats yet either way we're not following the Constitution at all.

Instead of pissing all over the document that makes this country great perhaps we should start honoring the fucking thing.

37. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 22:51 RollinThundr

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 20:08:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 20:09:
Funny that even when the liberals have all 3 branches they still accomplish nothing, yet the republicans still get all the blame. Wonder why that is?

Cool story, too bad it isn't true in the sense that they actually would control all three. They don't have the house. Anything less than all 3 is gridlock and typically if it is 2 Dem - 1 Rep it's always gridlock. If it were 1 dem and 2 rep, that has proven to work much better.

To the other poster we all get both sides are a mess. File it under "lesser of two evils".

For the first two years of Obama's presidency they had both the house and senate. Still got zero done. The republicans also got the blame for that as well.

32. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 18:45 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 18:35:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 16:35:
Redmask wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 10:11:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 07:28:

It's also funny for all the promises Obama made during campaign mode. He's fulfilled zero of them. Oh wait he's still in campaign mode? Halfway through his 2nd term? You don't say?

I care about Obamas campaign promises because I'm not a secret republican looking to score an evictory on the internet.

Smaller government, rahrahrah! More like hahaha.

You care yet he get's a pass. Nixon get's impeached for bugging a couple offices. Obama's reading your phone records with his cronies Reid and Feinstine. It's amazing how far this country has gone down the shitter.

The only explanation is the liberal dominated media is in the tank for Obama and voters in general have such low standards for Democrats they can get away with murder and nobody cares. The same children here claiming "WAKE UP PEOPLE IT'S BOTH PARTIES!! LOOK AT ME I GET IT! CORPORATIONS! BANKS! JEWS!" won't be able to get in line and vote for Hillary fast enough come 2016. Fucking hypocrites.

To be fair, I'd obviously label myself conservative at least fiscally. And even I can't stand either party. At this rate it's either start voting for the libertarians or give up completely.

30. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 16:35 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 10:11:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 07:28:

It's also funny for all the promises Obama made during campaign mode. He's fulfilled zero of them. Oh wait he's still in campaign mode? Halfway through his 2nd term? You don't say?

I care about Obamas campaign promises because I'm not a secret republican looking to score an evictory on the internet.

Smaller government, rahrahrah! More like hahaha.

You care yet he get's a pass. Nixon get's impeached for bugging a couple offices. Obama's reading your phone records with his cronies Reid and Feinstine. It's amazing how far this country has gone down the shitter.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2013, 16:31 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 15:24:
He did one thing right. That doesn't make him a hero. Every other aspect of his life demonstrates he was a grade A douchebag. And I'm sure his turning them down had nothing to with being principled or noble but he was considering the possible economic ramifications.

Remember kids, if you're successful, you're a grade A douchebag. This is your typical left wing viewpoint in spades.

26. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 08:32 RollinThundr

Axis wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 07:53:
Agrajag wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 06:32:
Axis wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 21:28:
The last time we let them 'rule' we got Obamacare, and even the totally hooked libs know what a mess it is and it hasn't even started.

You mean the plan formerly known as Romneycare? The plan that was dreamed up by the conservative think tank The Heritage Foundation? The plan that was championed by Republicans for years until a Democrat decided to coopt it? Yeah, it is kind of a mess, you're right... But, it's the best thing they could get done, and it's better than what we had (ie: nothing at all, fend for yourselves wild west style)... We've been living under it for years here in Massachusetts, and we haven't all died yet...

Yes Obama/dems stole the idea and made it into a FEDERAL monster in disguise with the purpose of single-payer -- Obama's ultimate goal. Just do s simple comparison search and you'll find many significant differences, none of which should have been implemented state-wide.

Being IN Mass, it's already costs us more for a while now, since some parts of Obmessiah care kicked in, rates have literary tripled here. Hope & Change!

Comparing what Romney did to the mess obamacare is.. lol Liberals always inventing reality as they go along.

24. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 07:28 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 01:44:
I know the answers for the majority of liberals, I'm slightly interested in your answers.

I'm sure more democrats will take a hard look at healthcare right after conservatives start practicing what they preach with things like 'defense' spending.

The Republican philosophy is nihilistic, "To shrink government down to the size where it can be drowned in a bathtub."

Funny how that never seems to actually come to fruition when a Republican administration is in office. It's just campaign rhetoric that people quickly forget, talking points for people to parrot. He's right, America needs a Roman style wake up call, both parties are utter frauds.

We need smaller government! *gets into office* Government is fine, nothing to see here!

14. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 29, 2013, 20:09 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 17:25:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 17:09:
Unless Americans can learn to sidestep the trap of liberal/conservative-democrat/republican and start looking at the facts of the matter on political topics, we're screwed.

That's bullshit. The GOP are now, and have always been the problem. They refuse to budge on anything ever. The Democrats are the only ones who ever look for consensus. And it's why people are tired of the GOP.

Fact of the matter it's all smoke and mirrors, both parties are responsible. The only solution is smaller government.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 29, 2013, 19:47 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 16:13:
That's because the GOP doing business as usual. Won't allow an increase in debt or taxes so then you have to cut. But they won't make any concessions on their pork being cut. And then they wonder why people are abandoning them.
Yes because you can totally spend your way out of a financial crisis. Liberals and their absolute fail when it comes to the economy. Let's print more, cause it to be worth less, and widen the gap further. Doing the very thing they whine about as if there are no rich liberals in the world.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
10. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 29, 2013, 11:27 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 10:21:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 07:19:
Yeah, didn't have that problem with my parents. I simply asked them for what I wanted to watch, R rated or not. It all comes down to teaching your kids to ask for something instead of them beleiving that they should go behind your back.

I take it you don't have kids of your own then. Parents aren't omniscient, you can't stop your child from doing everything wrong before it happens. Kids being kids, aren't always going to take no for an answer and there are many ways around safeguards for these sorts of things. In-app purchases are getting pretty ridiculous, letting people rack up hundreds of dollars in bills before it can be stopped. It's easy to do the backseat parental quarterbacking until its your phone bill that is hit by some scumball company who is making a living off accidental billing.

I have about as much respect for in-app whoring as I do for people who sell energy contracts door to door to the elderly.

But if you taught your kids between right and wrong and that actions have consequences, they generally stay in line.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo