Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Leaked Climate Change Report Predicts Violent, Poorer, Sicker Future. Nov 4, 2013, 20:40 RollinThundr

mag wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:19:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 11:34:
Quick get those carbon taxes written into law! Man made my ass, let's ignore the history of naturally occurring warming and cooling cycles all throughout what we know of Earth's history. Must be man made! And we can fight it if you pay more taxes!

Why do you believe that scientists would be ignorant of historical cycles or would not be accounting for them in their models?

Look, there's no doubt us humans contribute to it, but not on the scale they want you to believe.

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:17:
Well, because it's all part of a vast left-wing conspiracy. Yes, billions of people around the globe are in on it and not a one has spilled the beans about it yet. Woops! Oh dammit, sorry everyone, conspiracy over, my bad!
IPCC reports have big enough holes in them to drive a semi through, they're also a known political body, not a scientific one. I suppose you believe Al Gore invented the internet too, while he flies around in his private jet using fossil fuels, proclaiming how bad global warm..er I mean Climate change? Is that what they call it now, actually is.

nin wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:58:
mag wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:19:
TollinDhundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 11:34:
Quick get those carbon taxes written into law! Man made my ass, let's ignore the history of naturally occurring warming and cooling cycles all throughout what we know of Earth's history. Must be man made! And we can fight it if you pay more taxes!

Why do you believe that scientists would be ignorant of historical cycles or would not be accounting for them in their models?

Danger! Danger! Pull out, do not engage!

Hey nin do you ever actually contribute to discussions or just proclaim people trolls as you try to troll them for lol's? No? Didn't think so.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Box Previews
43. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 17:43 RollinThundr

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 17:35:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:46:
If you don't want Steam "bloat," switch to the already existing Small Mode. It becomes simply a list of your games with the options up top and uses 20-25MB of RAM. Compared to like Chrome, which has about 8 instances open for me and 30-80MB being used by each with only one damned tab open...

Chrome has that many instances so if a web page crashes/freezes it takes out one instance of chrome instead of taking out your whole browser. This is what is great about chrome.

The other great thing about Chrome is everything goes right to the NSA.

News Comments > Tekken PC Possibility
6. Re: Tekken PC Possibility Nov 4, 2013, 17:27 RollinThundr

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 16:50:
Ladron3dfx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:01:
"Can you release Tekken to PC through Steam?"

That's much better. Wink

Steamworks, giving gamers an abundance of choice.

Insightful as always, You dont sound like a broken record at all!

I dunno, he's not wrong, its DRM, just like Origin, just like Uplay, neither of the 3 affects my enjoyment of a Battlefield title, or a Splinter Cell title, or any of the number of titles I have on steam.

Really that people pick and choose which DRM scheme's to bitch about and never include Valve in that equation is beyond me. They're all the same.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 4, 2013, 17:22 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 17:13:
Even if he got clemency and returned to the US, some "patriot" would shoot him. He can never return.

I don't agree with this, actual patriots in this day and age, question the government, I think those people are more likely to want to give Snowden a medal at this point, not shoot him. Patriots put the Constitution and the people above the corruption that has taken over the US government to it's very core. Patriots are people who love what this country was founded on, not the nanny welfare state it's quickly becoming.

41. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 17:17 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 16:56:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:20:

I wouldn't use those controllers to play a game if you paid me to.

Well, maybe not the prototype controllers, there are some pretty weird ideas there. But I do like the final controller they came up with. I'm pretty much a mouse and kbd guy, but I like the idea of something that will let me sit on my sofa and play more than arcade racers on my xbox controller. I wouldn't mind something that let me play Portal 2 or BL2 on my TV, coop games vs. AI where super fast twitch reflexes aren't required.

Is the final one the one that looks like it's just two oddly looking touch pads where analog sticks should be? I don't know how that even looks comfortable to be honest.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Known Issues
37. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 16:26 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 16:12:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:56:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:49:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:45:
I don't envy Dice's position, marketing bearing down on them to release before Call of Duty frenzy and right on top of two new consoles and a rather major release update to Windows 8.

? It isn't a NEW game, it is an updated game with different maps.

I dunno with the major engine modifications, new maps, that elements of the map can dynamically change over the course of a game etc. I think there's enough there to consist it being new. I take it Bats you're not a battlefield fan in the slightest?

I am fairly confident I have more BF games than you do.

My veteran status is 9, er 7 (used to be higher, they must have changed how they count games? I own every game except BF4. (and not just on PC) - Just realized they dropped 3 of my games (Vietnam, 2142, and Play 4 Free), going to re-enter the keys from my boxes....

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/The_xXBatmanXx/

I just refuse to support a hidden subscription fee by charging $120.00 up front for a game we haven't seen, don't know what DLC is, a re-skinned game with some new gimmicks, and almost annual releases.

It is insulting, if they want to do this, they should Kickstart it.

I hope you don't think I was giving you shit for the sake of it to be honest you're one of a handful of regs that I actually respect, just trying to understand where you were coming from. Yeah I think the whole DLC Premium garbage is ridiculous too, again, right there with ya on that one. The base game though has enough improvements for me that I at least thought the 60 entry fee was worth the investment.

I'll think about the add-ons later if I'm still playing it enough to justify it.

34. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:56 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:49:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:45:
I don't envy Dice's position, marketing bearing down on them to release before Call of Duty frenzy and right on top of two new consoles and a rather major release update to Windows 8.

? It isn't a NEW game, it is an updated game with different maps.

I dunno with the major engine modifications, new maps, that elements of the map can dynamically change over the course of a game etc. I think there's enough there to consist it being new. I take it Bats you're not a battlefield fan in the slightest?

22. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 15:35 RollinThundr

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:32:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:10:
How about getting the client up to date first? Remove the bloat, streamline it, make it faster, an offline mode that works, etc.

What bloat do you mean exactly? Personally it seems that it's been getting fine-tuned lately, scrolling seems a lot smoother as does the loading of game tile images.

And I'm pretty sure offline mode works now, did like 2-3 months ago when I had no internet and when it offered to re-load in offline mode it did it without a problem, no internet required to do that.

You have to excuse Cutter, he's not capable of liking anything. Just his nature.

20. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 15:32 RollinThundr

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:25:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:20:

I'm wanting one, sounds like it could make it easier to play games like Starcraft 2 and Guild Wars from a controller from what I've heard (granted I haven't looked too hard...)

Why don't you like them?

They look so flimsy on the actual touch parts, like if you pushed too hard it'd break right off. I'm plenty happy with analogs to be quite honest.

15. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 15:20 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:40:
I will say that the box looks A LOT nicer than the Xbone.

Also, all these prototype controllers that Valve tried are pretty cool. Looks like they were really trying to think out of the box.

Lastly, it looks like the prototype controller is 3D printed. See the striations on the button mechanisms? That's pretty cool, and if they could just print up new designs to try out, that gives me hope that the first gen will be solid out of the blocks.

30. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:17 RollinThundr

Tumbler wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:05:
Playing this game is kind of hilarious. The bugs are god awful in the MP portion. I have no idea what the SP game looks like.

It's got to be a 70% failure rate on the game I play. Well over half. And stat reporting...I rank up to the same rank repeatedly because so many matches simply die with no warning.

When the game is working it's often horribly jerky like it's dealing with tons of lag. Sometimes it skips around, sometimes you rubber band, sometimes it's fine. I'll shoot guys and the hits will only register every other shot, sometimes it's fine, I'll unlock things one match and the game dies the next, after joining another game I'll find that none of that progress counted.

Steam (heh, I mean origin) says I've got approx 40 hours in the game now and I think I just hit level 10. I have to imagine at least 20 hours of that time is just gone with nothing to show for it. I know that number includes my beta play but I didn't play that more than about 6 hours so maybe it's about 15 hours lost in 30 hours played at this point.

Sound bugs, oh the sound bugs. It will get super quiet all of the sudden, my local sounds will still work and then a few min later it's like the game remembers, oh right, Sound! and everything come back. Graphically the game works ok but playing it is just something I have to laugh at because it's a wreck at this point. This isn't release day issues anymore, they deserve lower scores but sadly the game is a lot of fun and I can't wait to play more.

That sounds more like a PC that doesn't much like the game quite honestly, I haven't had any issues like that at all.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 4, 2013, 14:55 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:13:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:07:
How ironic that Feinstein is calling anyone a traitor. "Hand them in Mr and Mrs. America, if I could have gotten the votes" If there's any one politician besides Obozo that should be taken out back to the woodshed, it's her sorry excuse for a human being.

You're questioning the president in a time of war? That's treason...according to your pal, Dick Cheney. Make up your mind.

1. Cheney isn't my pal, 2. You're damn right I question Obozo, everyone with half a brain cell who isn't a brainwashed progressive idiot like yourself should. Have you paid your union dues this week yet Cutter?

As for your comments about Reagan the other day, I can see why the lefties hate him so much, I mean he only sparked the biggest and longest economic boom in the history of the United States, protected gun rights even after an assassination attempt on his life, and helped ease nuclear tensions with the USSR. Clearly he was such a shit tier president!

16. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 13:11 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:09:
Ahh, same ol' Dice I remember. The only dev house that doesn't do any QA whatsoever. Just one of a long list of reasons to never support them.

While I don't disagree, Dice and QA don't tend to go hand and hand, just out of curiosity is there a single game or developer that you actually do like? Man you seem to hate every game and every developer under the sun.

10. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 11:41 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 11:36:
These include missing perks, lost progression

huh, a problem with the CORE of the game and everything they pushed. Have fun with the extended BETA! hahahaha

Didn't GTA V have a ton of issues when it launched it's Online? Lost progression and the like? How is this any different? It sucks that it happens and that publishers never put enough hardware in place initially to handle the load, but it's not really that big a deal in the grand scheme of it.

2. Leaked Climate Change Report Predicts Violent, Poorer, Sicker Future. Nov 4, 2013, 11:34 RollinThundr

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2013, 11:27 RollinThundr

NKD wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:45:
Internet Neckbeard Justice at work. Someone offends you? Clearly they need to be murdered, raped, and their family too. Fucking idiots need to get a grip.

Which is why I find social justice warriors so damn deplorable.

8. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 11:21 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:41:
New mp game? Check.
Basically the same as the previous mp game? Check.
Still manage to get the same bugs in that you'd already fixed with your previous mp game? Check.
Even though things such as lost progress are really the first thing you should be eliminating? Check.

Wonder why so many people are now refusing to buy new games anymore? Check AND double check!

The 100000 gazilion copies of COD and GTA V sold in the first week say hello.

There's still plenty who buy games new.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2013, 10:09 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 09:04:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 09:01:
Same. *sigh I had some upsets picked....the wrong ones..... 4 wins. wow. Only 4 home teams lost yesterday.... I didn't pick all away teams, but I picked 3 of those 4 home teams. ugh.

Yeah the sad thing is that I would have lost even more if the Seahawks and Colts hadn't managed last minute miracles.

I was so busy last week I didn't have much to do research or etc. I just figured I would trust the Insider picks and end up ok. Never again!

Also my body woke up an hour early, not a great Monday morning

Oh come the fuck on, you gotta admit that's a pretty ridiculous thing to get pissy about.

Not interested, no one cares, don't infect OOTB.

No one's infecting anything, it was a dumb thing to get pissy at, nothing more nothing less. Relax.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 4, 2013, 10:07 RollinThundr

How ironic that Feinstein is calling anyone a traitor. "Hand them in Mr and Mrs. America, if I could have gotten the votes" If there's any one politician besides Obozo that should be taken out back to the woodshed, it's her sorry excuse for a human being.  

5. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 10:01 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 09:22:
Really glad I held off on this, a friend of mine picked it up and has told me about all of the various lag, crash and etc problems. BF3 wasn't that bad of a launch all things considered, surprised Dice regressed so much here.

Battlefield 3 was just as bad at launch, terrible lag, battlelog groups not working right, getting dropped from servers left and right. When you have one of the biggest AAA releases of the year, and it's primarily a multiplayer title, there's going to be issues at launch. This should be expected at this point since it happens every time.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo