Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
159. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 16, 2013, 17:13 RollinThundr

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 13:58:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 12:55:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 08:43:
We won't have a country in 10 years we keep going this way.

My guess is that line has been used routinely over the past 200 years. Sort of like... "My friend... the end of the world is coming... Are you prepared?"

The prophecies that promise empty promises.

"Negro muslims in the whitehouse! The end is near!!!!!!"

more adhom from the usual douchecanoe.

Did I ever call Obozo a muslim? No? So calling the guy a shittastic leader, which he is, equates to calling him a negro muslim? And you people say the Republicans are racist.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Crew Delayed
7. Re: The Crew Delayed Oct 16, 2013, 17:10 RollinThundr

Trevellian wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 22:58:
I'm just glad to see Ubisoft delaying games in the name of quality instead of just pushing to release trash at the console launch dates.

It's a combo of two things, they already have major releases lined up for the holiday quarter, pushing back some of these titles to next year will better affect their bottom line. The other thing is the polish you mention. Something Ubisoft has been pretty good at lately.

152. removed Oct 16, 2013, 11:24 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 16, 2013, 18:28.

150. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 16, 2013, 11:19 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 11:08:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 10:51:
No it does, as everything is interconnected when it comes to economy. Where are you going to get all this tax money?

Tax revenue is a different issue, the allocation of it is whats important. The fact that you want a blank check for defense spending but want to miserly watch so called entitlements which are peanuts by comparison tells me that you care more about personal politics in this regard than the nation actually functioning.

So what your saying here is continue to kick the can down the road and worry about it later when it's too late.

I said no such thing, as usual you just continually try to shift the goal posts in every political discussion, trying to move everything back to meaningless sayings and generalisms like derp derp bootstraps make something of yourself derp. If we could get a budget then maybe we could start working down that national debt. In the meantime everything doesn't come to a halt just because we have debt, holding the country hostage over a single issue is asinine.

I say that because neither party and only a few libertarians want to even address spending at all. If we keep just ignoring it, it's eventually going to be too late.

Sure you can label me a tin foil hatter or whatever but I am right, the US WILL NOT last how we're spending. The math supports that.

147. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 16, 2013, 11:07 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 10:41:
I think military spending should be higher than hand outs. Is that a good enough example for you?

But why? Rather than having a list of who gets more and who gets less, how about we determine what each area actually needs in terms of resources and capital then pay them accordingly. If their needs to be a heirarchy of importance of what gets cut first if the money runs out before everyone is paid, then so be it. But it seems laughably simplistic to flatly say "Whatever public welfare gets in federal money defense needs to exceed it!"

I hate deadbeats who do nothing but get fat on the public dole as much as you but, despite your constant derision of "hand-outs", the fact of the matter is that most good people will need some kind of help some time in their life. How can we be called a "civilized nation" if we don't see that they get the help they need to get back on their feet?

I don't get upset about said deadbeats like you do (as evidenced by the constant harping on it) because it is a relatively small number of Americans who do so.

From Statistical Information and Demographics derived from the latest national census:

If you use those who are supported by Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)--best described as a federal largess to indigent families with dependent children--as stated by the Dept. of Health the data suggests 1.7% of the total population that derive over 50% of their income from Welfare supports.

The number stated that receive any portion of their support from from welfare assistance--including food stamps--it is 29,900,000 or roughly 8% of the total population in the United States.

This breaks down to:

39% white 11,661,000 of 29,900,000 recipients

38% black 11,362,000 of 29,900,000

17% Hispanic 5,083,000 of 29,900,000

That's only 8% of Americans according the the data. And many of those people work but have jobs that pay too little to support themselves - hardly deadbeats.

That leaves the stated 1.7% of Americans who basically live off of Federal Welfare. That's less than 2% for heaven's sake. It's too many to be sure, but in the big scheme of things, with all the problems we have in the US, is it worth the amount of ranting and screaming people do when it is less than 2% of Americans doing it? That conceivably means 98% of Americans are NOT doing it and are trying to eek out an honest living. It's really a matte rof perspective for me. My annoyance about an issue is commensurate with the size of the issue as much as anything else, and for me it's just not worth getting all bent out of shape over.

I would be fine with finding a middle ground. The why for me is I put our service men and woman being properly equipped far higher on the list than the leeches who sponge off the system. But then again I still hold the belief that anyone can make something of themselves if they really want to. I get the feeling alot of others don't feel that way.

146. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 16, 2013, 10:51 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 09:05:
That vague, meaningless rant feels ripped from a talk show and doesn't really have anything to do with the ACA or health care in general. Spending tax money on health care is something I can get behind, a healthy working populace helps lead us to a better economy. The money is being spent regardless and I would rather we have more control over it and the process itself.

No it does, as everything is interconnected when it comes to economy. Where are you going to get all this tax money? What are you going to tax everyone more? When do we get to the point where it's too much? We already know if the 1% were taxed 100% it would do zero to our debt with how much we spend. So what your saying here is continue to kick the can down the road and worry about it later when it's too late.

What control are you going to have that's any different pre obamacare?

143. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 16, 2013, 08:43 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 07:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 01:39:
More adhom thanks asshat, love you too buddy. Personally I think military spending should be higher than hand outs. Is that a good enough example for you?

It's not an adhom to point out that you can't wrap your head around such a tiny concept. That's a failing of yours, not mine or anyone elses. You're not a fiscal conservative, you're a pretender, you just admitted you want to continue the reckless defense spending and war mongering that has helped plunge us into this massive debt. Now I'm starting to wonder how many social assistance programs you're on.

The only thing I'm wrapping my head around is we can't keep going the way we are with spending, regardless of what it's on. I've been saying this now here for 2 years, and zero of you get it except for MadMax and Axis it appears.

Rome didn't fall in a day, we won't either but we're certainly getting close because selfish people, which is the majority are more worried about entitlements rather than us not going bankrupt, not defaulting again to make our paper monopoly money even more worthless and starting to seriously look at cutting some 17 trillion of debt.

Gays having the right to marry for example doesn't mean squat when shit eventually hits the fan economically past the point of no return. We're going to get there. Sticking your fingers in your ears and ranting about how much more important government healthcare and the like is doesn't make it so.

That's the problem with most people, be they liberal or conservative or whatever. Selfishness. We won't have a country in 10 years we keep going this way.

140. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 16, 2013, 01:39 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 20:40:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 20:00:
You also seriously can't say "Hey I'm a fiscal conservative!" while in the same breath advocating bigger government and more government spending. Does not compute.

Yes actually you can. You can be a fiscal conservative and believe that some areas of government need to be larger while others need to be smaller because not all things are created equal. Sorry your brain can't process such a simple concept.

Who knows what Obama could have done if there wasn't gridlock. Who knows what any president could have done due to gridlock, yet another thing both parties have had to face usually with sad results. It's hard to judge what any president truly is when both sides won't work together.

The sad part is that this sort of political gridlock will be met with the same in return if we ever manage to finagle our way back into office, as doubtful as that is considering how toxic the republican brand is becoming.

More adhom thanks asshat, love you too buddy. Personally I think military spending should be higher than hand outs. Is that a good enough example for you?

It's funny that budget proposals can sit on Reid's desk, never get voted on the Senate floor, and it's still the republicans. Guy, they both do it. Neither this congress, nor the senate, nor this administration has made one effort to work together period.

You got your shitty Obamacare, shut it and drink your juice.

128. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 20:00 RollinThundr

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 18:25:
Verno wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 08:56:
Uh, maybe because they're not inherently liberal? You have this strange notion that anyone who doesn't agree with your views or whatever preconceived notions you have latched on to is somehow liberal. You use the word as if its an insult but there is a lot of value in liberalism, you should try studying it for a change instead of being such a blockhead. I consider myself a fiscal conservative (I am using labels you need to identify with) on many issues but I also hold a lot of liberal views. Does that make me a liberal because I believe in a woman's right to choose but also believe that the free market can do a better job than government can in many (but not all) areas?

You should really try expanding your mind a bit beyond the labels, most people don't fit into neat categories.

I don't know what the argument in full is over, but in general I agree with this. I'm fiscal conservative, however I'm very liberal to because to me it's more humane. One includes the other wants everyone to be a borg. But natural law totally outweighs human control and states we are not borgs, we are individuals.

I am one that really young was liberal, but soon became conservative, but now more liberal again. I feel much more at peace with myself than ever and instead of looking sternly at things (it must be done this way!!!), I embrace differences. Where I once was a homophobe I am no longer and I know I'm right because of that. So I feel I'm more expanded than the tired path of liberal to conservative and become closed minded until the grave. I plan to always keep an open mind and change it at will, not set myself in stone and forget about it, life is much more dynamic than that.

I say no war better than war.
I say more people prospering is better than fewer.
I say more people healthy is better than less.
I say having responsibilities to pay the bills is good.
I say those that can should, those that really can't, show grace, it could be you at any time.
I say I don't have negative feelings at all to people that are gay.
I say I'm cool with skin color matters not. Not say it publicly because it's sly and do the opposite when no one is looking.

So that goes back and forth some but favors one over the other, one side is so much more open and inclusive that to me it's hard to argue against.

A twist is the strength of the right is in the bible belt, but I'm pretty sure if their Jesus came down to Earth and spoke... he'd favor the human condition over the monetary one, in a no-brainer. He'd favor openness and understanding over "you must do it this way". In fact I would say conservatism is the Old Testament and Liberalism is the New Testament. However all modern Christianity is all about the New Testament which the bible belt thumps to. Reasoning must be lacking there or something... How do they not see this? Jesus teachings is much much more liberal that conservative.

You say this as if we don't want the same thing. I just don't want to pay for everyone else. Following Obama's policies you're going to shrink the middle class not grow it. We're already heading there now.

What you call "progress" is anything but. Look at the UK right now. That's where we're headed, at least we still have guns for now.

You also seriously can't say "Hey I'm a fiscal conservative!" while in the same breath advocating bigger government and more government spending. Does not compute.

120. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 16:27 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 16:08:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 16:01:
I think you're reading into what I'm saying more than needed. I said earlier on the topic of abortions, if it's rape, or there's a serious medical reason that's one thing. Often it's a convenience thing, ie it's easier to abort than spend the next 18 years caring for a life tha isn't your own. That I have issue with. But society has for whatever reason decided that's ok. Why, I have no fucking clue.

No, you're just confusing your own vague rants with this health care discussion and not even doing a particularly good job of it. Health care by and large is not a convenience thing. Your example is silly too, a woman having a child that she can't necessarily provide for creates a much larger strain on the system than providing her coverage does. 100 abortions are probably less expensive than a single child when we're talking about the cost to society and people rarely get pregnant with the intent of defrauding the public. Basic coverage just makes sense, having a weird set of politically charged exclusion criteria like yours would probably wind up way more expensive.

If you have a medical condition that prevents you from working that's something completely different. That's not the same as people who are capable of working who don't and instead live of the rest of us, pretending there's only a couple who do that, is about as naive as you can get.

Again you fail to think this one through. With the basic goal of providing everyone coverage we get the ability to marginalize this problem since it is much harder for people to fake medical tests used to help determine eligibility for social care programs. I've never seen convincing stats to show me that social care programs are in widespread abuse either. The whole "derp derp living on my money!!!" thing is oft regurgitated but financially insignificant on a national level.

Oh ffs it's not going to be at all harder to fake anything. And I'm sure the bill has been manufactured in a way to make that so.

I get that abortions in the long run put less strain on the economy, however you're still taking a life and I'm sorry if I disagree that abortions do happen out of convenience. Because I've seen it happen personally with people I know more than once.

Everyone has coverage already, you can't be turned away that's just not how it works in the US as it is even pre obamacare. So let's do some math. We were already paying for these people before, now we're going to still be paying for them while our rates go up even more. Again how is this any sort of solution? You still didn't give me one actual good reason that Obamacare is a good idea.

118. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 16:01 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 15:45:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 15:31:
They're all interconnected Verno, I keep saying it over and over. It all comes down to personal responsibility. It's on you to get education, it's on you to get a job, etc etc. This includes healthcare, you want decent health care? GO GET A FUCKING JOB.

No, it's offtopic ranting that has little to do with the ACA or health care itself. The fact that you totally fail to see your own circular logic is just amusement icing on the cake though. You can't get a decent job if you're sick and you can't get better without health care. Let's also ignore the people who lose their coverage due to no fault of their own like a company going belly up or the economy tanking. That's totally ignoring special cases who are often dropped or excluded from health care due to financial profiteering. Forgetting all of that though on a basic level we have a society of people for a reason, it's not a collection of individuals but a society presumably working towards commonly governed goals. People can't be functional in society without their health and create a much larger strain on our nations finances than providing coverage does.

The idea that birth grants you a free ride just because a bunch of liberals base everything off of fucking feelings is ridiculous. What's more ridiculous is anyone with a brain cell buying into it.

Yes how ridiculous that people have a right to be alive and healthy in society, those damned liberals.

I think you're reading into what I'm saying more than needed. I said earlier on the topic of abortions, if it's rape, or there's a serious medical reason that's one thing. Often it's a convenience thing, ie it's easier to abort than spend the next 18 years caring for a life tha isn't your own. That I have issue with. But society has for whatever reason decided that's ok. Why, I have no fucking clue.

If you have a medical condition that prevents you from working that's something completely different. That's not the same as people who are capable of working who don't and instead live of the rest of us, pretending there's only a couple who do that, is about as naive as you can get.

I get healthcare provided by my employer, and it's done nothing but steadily go up. More so WITH the introduction of Obamacare, sorry if that raises some flags for me especially with how against the people this administration seems to be.

Remember too Verno, I live in mass, I know the perils of Romneycare already, it's total shit.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 15, 2013, 15:36 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 15:10:
Yeah, this is just the gov't trying to get the SCOTUS not to take the case. But the SCOTUS will make up its own mind, and a tactic like this could backfire. That being said, there are lots of cases where the SCOTUS says "This shouldn't be handled by the court, it should be fixed legislatively." Like they did with the ACA.

Which is a shame given that the ACA directly violates the commerce clause and in turn violates the Constitution.

This administration is the most dangerous in my life time, never before have I see a president be such a failure when it comes to leading or at the least making an effort to get work done.

Shame that Obama is too much a narcissist to do anything but blame everyone aside from himself.

115. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 15:31 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 15:21:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 15:15:
I didn't realize it's the government's job to provide people with a life just because they're too lazy to make something of themselves. Guess I've been doing it wrong huh?

I'm talking about health care, not giving people free cars and money. You're off on yet another vague tangent about responsibility that has nothing to do with anything. You do not have a functional, productive society without healthcare and people without it are a drag on the system. I am totally fine with some of my taxes going toward health care, they do already and I think a healthy society is worthwhile spending. You want to talk about overhauling social security then you'll get more sympathy for me, demonizing the ACA though gets you zero traction.

If you want to live in a world where you are only responsible for yourself and don't have to worry about anyone else then go buy a plot of land in Alaska and live the dream.

They're all interconnected Verno, I keep saying it over and over. It all comes down to personal responsibility. It's on you to get education, it's on you to get a job, etc etc. This includes healthcare, you want decent health care? GO GET A FUCKING JOB.

The idea that birth grants you a free ride just because a bunch of liberals base everything off of fucking feelings is ridiculous. What's more ridiculous is anyone with a brain cell buying into it.

113. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 15:15 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 15:10:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 14:56:
I play MWO with a few guys from Canada, it has happened not only to them personally but to others they know as well. We are 17+ TRILLION in debt. Can you honestly see this thing going well? C'mon man think for a second.

Yeah I am totally going to buy some Ventrilo anecdotes as indicative of a system as a whole, one that I have personal experience with. The national debt wasn't arrived at by introducing the ACA and balancing the books and providing healthcare are not mutually exclusive.

We're going to have less personal choices, pay more, and the freeloaders will still be freeloading. How the fuck is that a solution? Honestly, sugar coat it if you have to, but give me a legitimate reason this is going to be at all better.

Things I like about the ACA - the entire concept, standards for things like pricing dissemination and a potential ban on exclusion due to pre-existing conditions. Basic coverage for people who are already sick. It is really difficult to think of things I don't like about it, most of my complaints are going to be related to implementation but that's why we change and improve things.

Not paying for the so called "freeloaders" is more expensive in both tracking and administration costs, not to mention we pay for them in critical care regardless. It is better for a society as a whole to keep its citizens healthy and working. The fact that you lack that understanding or empathy on a basic level tells me that all of these words are wasted on you.

No the debt was arrived at fighting the Cold War, and continued by both parties with no end in sight.

It's not that I lack empathy, I just come from a background where I honestly didn't have life handed to me and worked my god damn ass off to get the required knowledge in order to do something I enjoy and make decent money at. The way I look at it, if I can manage to do it, so can they.

I didn't realize it's the government's job to provide people with a life just because they're too lazy to make something of themselves. Guess I've been doing it wrong huh?

111. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 14:56 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 14:49:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 14:39:
Why? Do you enjoy paying more for healthcare even without having to have obamacare, to cover those who refuse to do anything but live off of everyone else?

I don't grant your premise, it's ridiculous and loaded.

Ask any Canadians with serious conditions who are on waiting lists to even see doctors, most of them end up coming to the US. Yep that socialized medicine sure is great, let's give the US government another thing to completely fuck up beyond belief. That will sure to go over great and keep medical cost down.

More TV propaganda and you talking about something you have zero experience with. Not only do I have family in Canada but I travel to Canada for work constantly, in fact I spend more time there than I do here these days. I know a great deal of people who have dealt with the Canadian healthcare system and I've personally used it myself in an emergency situation in the past. Canada is essentially one large triage system in many ways and while there are waits at times if you need care you generally get it and you don't go bankrupt doing so. The quality of the care itself is also very high despite having less specialists (which is the real fault of their healthcare system).

If the worst our country ends up with is a version of the Canadian healthcare system then we'll have made out OK on the deal. In fact I think we have worse in many ways. We have more choice but the costs are too high. The ACA isn't perfect and I think it needs adjustments in several areas but it's an important first step in ensuring coverage for people we end up paying for regardless.

I play MWO with a few guys from Canada, it has happened not only to them personally but to others they know as well. We are 17+ TRILLION in debt. Can you honestly see this thing going well? C'mon man think for a second.

We're going to have less personal choices, pay more, and the freeloaders will still be freeloading. How the fuck is that a solution? Honestly, sugar coat it if you have to, but give me a legitimate reason this is going to be at all better.

107. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 14:44 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 13:58:
The guy keeps mentioning me.

Here, I'll help him:
1) Our economic woes are most influenced by Reagan's redistribution of wealth. "Most" does not mean "solely." A lot of it happened under Clinton's watch, he'd be the president getting the second most blame
2) That said, Obama has mostly sucked
3) That said, the DNC has mostly sucked. I can probably only name like 1 or 2 of them, regardless. I don't like them, I just think they're wrong less often. That doesn't mean I think they're capable, efficient, routinely right, not looking out for themselves over the country, deserving of being in office, etc.
4) That said, I hate virtually all politicians equally, except for the Tea Party, because they're vindictive, insane, and have extremely low IQs
5) But, when you get down to it, the refusal to tax the top 0.5% is really what's dragging us down. As they accumulate a higher portion of our nation's wealth in income, everyone else accumulates less (as that's how percentages work.) As they accumulate more, they do not spend more. As everyone else accumulates less, they spend less. Therefore, this is a cycle of reduced spending, which is what blows our economy away.

But it's so odd that a guy I've had on ignore for months keeps making these conversations about "Beamer." Not even about politics, but about me.

Yes lets tax the 1% more. Tax them 100%, it won't make a dent but do it anyway, more money to spend for welfare.

Thing is Beamer, with out the tea party bringing to light all the unconstitutional stuff going on, especially with this administration, they are who you should be supporting. Taxes aren't the problem, the 17 trillion+ of debt is.

Rather than kicking the can down the road some more why don't we cut spending cut all the wasteful programs that do nothing, cut some of the welfare for the freeloaders who keep popping out kids, and give power back to the states rather than the bloated mess we have now called government?

Basically you hate the one political entity that honestly wants to fix things. It makes zero sense.

106. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 14:39 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 13:45:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 13:27:
Do you read the progressive drivel that comes out of beamer's mouth most of the time? Can you say with a straight face he's not a DNC card carrying liberal? I certainly can't.

He has it down pat, blame the GOP or Republicans in general for everything, play the race card as often as you can and try to talk down to people 100% of the time, and whining when called on it.

You blame Democrats and Liberals for everything and only seem to post in FoxNews-isms so that whole whiny post is just the pot calling the kettle black. As Prez said, maybe you should remove your head from your ass and stop thinking of the world in TV packaged labels. People hold a lot of views and not all of them will agree with yours, deal with it and stop being a baby by calling everyone Liberal the second they don't go far right on everything.

I actually happen to like the ACA in concept and most of its implementation, oh no did I lose my secret GOP club card?! I guess I'm in the Liberal Club House now because I didn't toe the party line on every single issue and actually used my brain to arrive at my own conclusions! Your brand of divisive politics just turns people away and shit like that is a big part of the reason why the GOP is stagnating.

Why? Do you enjoy paying more for healthcare even without having to have obamacare, to cover those who refuse to do anything but live off of everyone else?

Ask any Canadians with serious conditions who are on waiting lists to even see doctors, most of them end up coming to the US. Yep that socialized medicine sure is great, let's give the US government another thing to completely fuck up beyond belief. That will sure to go over great and keep medical cost down.

News flash it won't. But hey we all need to pay more right?

103. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 13:33 RollinThundr

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 08:22:
I also find it hilarious that the folks on the left who always argue the liberal view in these threads on BN always claim they're not liberal, you do it, beamer does it, you're both full of shit and it's obvious.

Uh, maybe because they're not inherently liberal? You have this strange notion that anyone who doesn't agree with your views or whatever preconceived notions you have latched on to is somehow liberal. You use the word as if its an insult but there is a lot of value in liberalism, you should try studying it for a change instead of being such a blockhead. I consider myself a fiscal conservative (I am using labels you need to identify with) on many issues but I also hold a lot of liberal views. Does that make me a liberal because I believe in a woman's right to choose but also believe that the free market can do a better job than government can in many (but not all) areas?

You should really try expanding your mind a bit beyond the labels, most people don't fit into neat categories.

No it doesn't, but the fact that the ONLY message you get from a beamer or a redmask is straight up MSNBC bullshit, it makes it hard to view that person any other way.

Personally the GOP should give up on abortion. Society has deemed it acceptable to end a life in the womb due to bad personal decisions. Even better we reward those people who continually pump out kid after kid with more welfare/foodstamps/ebt what have you. We've gone beyond that morality line a long ass time ago and it's not going to go back to how it was ever.

Rape is one thing, not taking precautions to wear a condom or use birth control are two completely different things.

It's a circle, always comes back to personal responsibility over one's self. Democrats have a hard ass time with that whole concept to begin with.

102. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 13:27 RollinThundr

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 08:22:
I also find it hilarious that the folks on the left who always argue the liberal view in these threads on BN always claim they're not liberal, you do it, beamer does it, you're both full of shit and it's obvious.

Do you read the progressive drivel that comes out of beamer's mouth most of the time? Can you say with a straight face he's not a DNC card carrying liberal? I certainly can't.

He has it down pat, blame the GOP or Republicans in general for everything, play the race card as often as you can and try to talk down to people 100% of the time, and whining when called on it.

So I'm sorry if I have a hard time thinking he has a single conservative view point in his vocabulary. Certainly doesn't seem that way reading his bullshit on a daily basis.

98. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 08:22 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 07:27:
Quboid wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 21:12:

By the way, you realise why the media appears to be heavily liberal? It's because you're on the far right. That's just common sense, if we reduce political views to a left-right axis and if everything you see is to your left, guess where you are?

Maybe you realise this and are fine with that, which is your prerogative. Just remember if everything's to your left, you're at the extreme.

Or maybe you imagine that the leftist media don't represent Americans. Because that's how you stay in business. How can the media be so left wing when Fox News brags about being the most viewed news network? Is Fox News to your left and if so, are you really comfortable with that?

Indeed, it's why the weirdos like rollinneocon obsess about 'liberal' media meanwhile I hold pretty open but centrist right ideals and I don't find the media particularly cumbersome. I actually make up my mind based on context instead of attacking it from a political view point, holy shit what a concept!

Really I think we can do without the namecalling. I realize it's hard for you folks to not attack something you don't really understand but make an effort at least.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo