Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
63. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 6, 2013, 08:20 RollinThundr

Atoth wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 18:43:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 17:59:
Fine then, get it off our screens.

So basically what I am gathering here is that people are tired of hearing about Star Citizen and they want to complain about seeing the articles and not actually about the game itself. Okay great nothing is making you read the articles or post in the comments. This is a gaming website so of course you are going to see articles about games. Games that you or I might not be interested in at all, I usually just don't click on them. You can always make your own website and I would be more then happy to visit your perfect little gaming world. Frankly I think Blue needs to post more Star Citizen articles on the site. With all the people foaming at the mouth with their love/hate of the game, hitting the page multiple times a day, that's got to be quite a bit of advertising revenue generated.

As I said previously, I am a investor so I am taking a chance by giving my money to them. Which I am totally okay with loosing at this point since I have actually played their previous older games and enjoyed them heavily. I never said this was going to be the end all awesome game of the century. I just said I wanted to play a good space sim which most publishers have no interest in producing because they don't make absorbent amounts of return money from them. I have played plenty of niche space games that some would consider to be "stupid" and had plenty of fun in them. A lot of those games I wish they could've had the money behind them because there was so much potential lost because of it.

There won't be any winners here in this argument and I already know this is a loosing battle to even bother posting in the first place, but I am bored today and feeling a little feisty. So I'll leave it at that. You are free to say whatever you want, but seriously why spend so much effort on something your not even interested in?

Welcome to Blues, where people who call themselves gamers make extra effort to hate most games, developers and publishers for no other reason than to hate.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2013, 07:25 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 23:48:
Your opinions don't matter to me and I'm not interested in hearing your political agenda and false impressions of other peoples beliefs.

In fact I think it's time I took others advice and made use of the sites ignore feature, you are clearly not worth the time it takes to type up responses. Goodbye.

Enjoy your echo chamber.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 23:27 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 22:05:
You two have GOT to be the same person. Good job fooling all of us!

Nope, one is just a parrot.

That's cute red, you and nin wanna throw some more adhoms out or do you want to discuss something for once? Are you disappointed in the anointed one yet? Considering now he's trying spin his lie about coverage with more lies rather than just owning up to it? Awesome legacy your buddy has btw, millions losing their coverage so those that live off the tit can be rewarded for it? Must be happy days in liberal land right about now. Won't be long before his approval rating is as low as Congress' is, maybe people will start waking up and realizing what a fraud Barack Obama is.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
34. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 19:55 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 16:52:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 11:25:
I've said it before, EA could find a sure fire cure for Aids and Cancer and the people here would still find a reason to hate them for it. Pathetic, hateful little bitches.

Says the guy who is constantly hating and bitching.

lol wait what? You post hate in just about every single thread here, for games you'll never play. Did you honestly just say that?

29. Re: Leaked Climate Change Report Predicts Violent, Poorer, Sicker Future. Nov 5, 2013, 18:59 RollinThundr

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 17:07:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:58:
Never mind that there's enough errors in the IPCC reports(useful tip: it's a political body, not a scientific one), that you could drown yourself in them.

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 20:40:
IPCC reports have big enough holes in them to drive a semi through, they're also a known political body, not a scientific one.

You two have GOT to be the same person. Good job fooling all of us!

Naw I'm only me, I think if there were two of me a few heads might implode on here. Not all of us are sheepies who buy into all the shit politicians like Al "I created the internet" Gore are shoveling.

And really, trying to debate most left of center folks is like smashing your face into a brick wall. Shit there's still people that are denying that Obama lied that people would end up losing their insurance, when it was obviously known 3+ years ago, by the liberals it would happen.

It's one of the reasons I lean more conservative, most republican politicians lie as well, liberals like Obama tell more lies than truth to begin with. Lesser of the two evils at this point.

26. David Craddock and Two Blizzard North Co-Founders (Video 2 of 2) Nov 5, 2013, 15:44 RollinThundr

David Brevik: Yeah, I mean, yes. That was intentional. There were two reasons really why: One is that we werenít really big story fans, we were game fans. And two, we didnít have very many resources to work on the story. So there wasnít really a whole bunch of story to write.

Max Schaefer: Even if we had the resources, we wouldnít like people to like read a wall of text between killing monsters. Itís we want you to be the story. The story is you. And your guys triumphs and passes through these corridors of monsters. And so you kind of make the story. And we wanted there to be a context in a world that felt like it was alive, and felt like people had stories and things were going on. But it is always an intrusion to stop your game and stop your adventures to read RPG text. Which is rarely satisfying anyway.

More like they weren't creative enough to do good story telling, still aren't imo.

News Comments > Steam Box Previews
67. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 5, 2013, 15:39 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 07:15:
Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 05:56:
Any of you motherfuckers think Steam is a slick, streamlime piece of software I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd love to sell you cheap. Negro please.

A bridge that you bought first apparently since you continue using Steam.

It uses a tiny fraction of my computers available memory, doesn't crash, doesn't cos a cent and gives me a wealth of functionality in an easy to use interface. Let us know when you have something better in mind.

He actually lives under the bridge. It gets cold in the winter, it's why he's so bitter about pretty much everything.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 14:01 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 13:53:
Orogogus wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 13:41:
In most graphs of CO2 emissions that I've seen, there are only two major players -- China and the US. Everyone else is in a pile sitting at the baseline of the graph. India does show up in graphs of methane, but usually the climate change discussion centers on CO2. And the tone is usually that China doesn't get to be an industrialized nation until they find some way to cut their population in third. Per capita the US emits nearly 4 times the CO2 of China, and it's not hard to argue that it ties into China's ability to raise its population out of poverty levels.

EPA graph
Graph at Nature
Table & per capita comparison

Interesting points. I brought up India due to their rapid growth and where I suspect their industrialization efforts will be in 20 years. China and the US are very co-dependent at this point but I'm not very optimistic about regulation in either country, the US due to the rise of corporate power in politics and China due to their continual need for growth to keep the population happy outstripping other concerns. The US per capita figures are much higher than I recall though, that's disconcerting.

You talk as though corporate power in US politics is somehow just a recent revelation. Rise up? Guy it's been going on forever.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 13:45 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 12:38:
You aren't a credible conservative so your judgement means nothing to me and I don't believe you have any knowledge to offer on this subject, just more insane lefty ranting that I could get on the radio if I wanted it so thanks but no thanks.

lol I can't dispute what you said, hold on incoming ad hom. It's the same thing everytime with you people, it's like clockwork at this point. Get educated seriously.

15. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 13:43 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 12:32:
Yeah no it's just repetitive butthurt opposition whining you do for attention.

Of course it is. Whatever you need to justify the irrational opinion that EA is satan incarnate.

10. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 12:30 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 12:26:
I was mocking your butthurt EA trolling but ok, have a laugh

Isn't really butthurt, it's more just eye roll inducing that you guys spend so much time and energy hating a video game publisher of all things, there's far bigger more important things to put that energy towards.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 12:27 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 12:09:
It's not my fault you're poorly educated and inarticulate

I don't lean one way or another on everything because I'm an adult who makes up his mind based on issue context, not what the tellie and insane radio talkshows say.

There isn't a lot of credible disagreement on climate change anyway, it's more about the timeline and model adjustments. The real question is what impact we can have without a unified world effort and that's why I don't support pouring a lot of money into it until someone comes up with an action plan that involves China and India.

To say the whole argument with climate change wasn't started by the left, looking to justify yet another tax to fuel our government's addiction to spending money it doesn't have in the first place is dishonest.

Do I think there's a man made contribution? Sure, but they've been proclaiming the same doom and gloom for years now, remember the incoming ice age in the 50's? No different than the doom and gloom they're promoting today, all in the desire for more money.

For someone who doesn't lean one way or the other you much like beamer, only seem to attack conservatives in political posts. Wonder why that is Mr. Bastion of non partisanship.

7. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 12:22 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 12:17:
You would need the Premium addon, only available on Origin with a purchase of the life pass

ok I did actually chuckle at this one.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 11:37 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 23:42:
Science and logically supporting arguments aren't exactly his strong suits.

Says the guy who wouldn't know logic if it kicked him upside the head. Just another lefty with his head in the sand and a trust of our wonderful government.

4. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 11:25 RollinThundr

I've said it before, EA could find a sure fire cure for Aids and Cancer and the people here would still find a reason to hate them for it. Pathetic, hateful little bitches.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 5, 2013, 10:47 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:35:
heh, asked someone how it was last night, said "pretty good, but way too much customization".

People who say things like that deserve to be beaten half to death with an xbox controller.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 09:29 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 09:05:
Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 08:25:
InBlack wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 03:14:
This game is so damn meh, we need a proper TES game...

We just got Skyrim like 2 years ago, give it some time

Indeed. Ok let me rephrase that. We need to know that a proper TES game is in the works. So Bethesda, give it up. Tell us what we know to be true...

Don't get the hate on this, it's being done by a separate internal studio, and looks like it could be alot of fun. Tons of character customization as well.

I doubt it'll slow down them releasing whatever the next Oblivion/Skyrim whatever big single player release is, those games print money, as they should, they're awesome.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
40. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 5, 2013, 08:28 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 06:00:
Cereal? This guy is claiming a million a week or every few weeks. It's rolling in like clockwork - apparently and all without any independent verification - and you guys are cool with that? Heh, ok. When the shit goes down y'all know exactly where I was on this mofo.

Oh hey another Star Citizen blurb, another post by Cutter shitting on it. SHOCKING!

News Comments > Steam Box Previews
56. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 23:19 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 21:59:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 17:17:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 16:56:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:20:

I wouldn't use those controllers to play a game if you paid me to.

Well, maybe not the prototype controllers, there are some pretty weird ideas there. But I do like the final controller they came up with. I'm pretty much a mouse and kbd guy, but I like the idea of something that will let me sit on my sofa and play more than arcade racers on my xbox controller. I wouldn't mind something that let me play Portal 2 or BL2 on my TV, coop games vs. AI where super fast twitch reflexes aren't required.

Is the final one the one that looks like it's just two oddly looking touch pads where analog sticks should be? I don't know how that even looks comfortable to be honest.

Yeah, that's the design they're going with. Here's a demonstration of it in action.

Yeah that was the same video I saw, still don't think it looks comfortable for any extended playing. Obviously without trying it for an extended period of time who knows.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 4, 2013, 22:40 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 22:22:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 17:22:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 17:13:
Even if he got clemency and returned to the US, some "patriot" would shoot him. He can never return.

I don't agree with this, actual patriots in this day and age, question the government, I think those people are more likely to want to give Snowden a medal at this point, not shoot him. Patriots put the Constitution and the people above the corruption that has taken over the US government to it's very core. Patriots are people who love what this country was founded on, not the nanny welfare state it's quickly becoming.

Yeah, that's why I put "patriot" in quotes, since obviously doing that wouldn't be that patriotic. I dunno, I feel extremely cynical that he would be safe if he returned, say if he got a Presidential pardon or something.

Ahh gotcha, really the only people he'd have to look out for are government agents at that point, I agree in that aspect.

I think it's absolutely tragic with all the info coming out, just how untrustworthy the US government truly is throughout. Isn't certainly limited to one party or the other by any means. Meaning it's a completely non partisan issue all around. Yet there are still people that advocate for more oppressive laws and regulations, and big government intrusion into their daily lives as though it's a good thing. Absolutely makes no sense to me.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo