Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
768. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 14:32 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:29:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:17:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:06:
D-Rock wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:03:
Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:01:
Gee, that's classy.

What's even classier is when he reminds people about it all the time.

What?
I've never, ever claimed to be charitable. I give pretty much nothing to charities. Or homeless people. Once that money hits my bank account that's my damn money, and I don't feel I make nearly enough of it to be as comfortable as I want to be.

Of course you don't, you just think others should.

Huh? That... just makes no sense...

Keep up Junior, beamer's a bleeder remember, muh underprivileged need your money to survive they're incapable of as he puts it "pulling themselves up by the bootstraps" or in other words getting a fucking life and being a productive member of society. He'd happily pay more taxes thinking it won't be wasteful spending but giving it to charity? Fuck that noise!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hellraid Delayed to Next Year
8. Re: Hellraid Delayed to Next Year Oct 31, 2013, 14:22 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:03:
He can't contribute anything positive, look at his post history. It's all negativity and attention seeking behavior. Pretty much the literal definition of a troll. I strongly suggest people unhappy with his constant disruptions continue to report his posts until he is permanently banned as he obviously has no intention of improving.

Anyone reading that could attribute it to half the regulars here, Cutter instantly comes to mind, is there a single game in development he hasn't bitched about or outright hated on?

Blue should retag line the site, Blue's News: We hate everything and everyone and aren't afraid to say so.

765. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 14:17 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:06:
D-Rock wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:03:
Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:01:
Gee, that's classy.

What's even classier is when he reminds people about it all the time.

What?
I've never, ever claimed to be charitable. I give pretty much nothing to charities. Or homeless people. Once that money hits my bank account that's my damn money, and I don't feel I make nearly enough of it to be as comfortable as I want to be.

Of course you don't, you just think others should.

758. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 13:15 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:47:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:21:
Why are you always so outright combative? This isn't about republicans or democrats, put the party aside for half a second, and please don't twist my words, there should be a limit as to what they can charge, that isn't the same as dictating what a procedure would cost, stop being like that, it serves no purpose.á
It's apparent that they didn't properly test, and that's my fault somehow? Stop making excuses for how big a failure it's been so far, and maybe post your own solutions that don't involve big government.á
Either that or just come out and admit that you're one of those government knows best advocates, because you certainly seem to be extremely reluctant to say one bad thing about how much fail it's been so far.
So tell me bagger, do you have any solutions or do you only require other people to offer them up?

Did you really just ask me why I'm combative?

Anyway, I wasn't making it about Republicans or Democrats. I simply wondered why Republicans didn't make a big issue of the plan requirements back when things were still being negotiated. How is that making it a partisan thing?

As for the IT problems, I've already said they fucked it up pretty well, and that I would love to know what happened to leave them with only a couple weeks to do integration testing, and how they thought they could roll it out given that timeframe. Not sure if today's congressional testimony will shed any light on that. I do want to know what happened.

As for solutions, I see single payer as the best option. It creates the biggest risk pool and provides the best price negotiation position. We also have many examples of such systems to learn from when implementing it. Some countries have done it well and others have done it poorly. We can use that information to our advantage.

Ultimately we are going to provide health care for everyone. The question is whether we're going to continue to do it in a most expensive, inefficient and least effective way, or are we going to do it in a way that actually keeps people healthier so they can work and contribute to the economy instead of waiting until they need expensive emergency care and are unable to contribute anything.

Why didn't the republicans argue? Because all 3 branches of government at the time were majority democrats, the ACA passed with zero republican votes, ZERO. That alone should raise a few red flags.

Rather than do it right, he pushed through a disaster of a plan, repeatedly lied about it, is still lying about it, and refuses to take any responsibility for how big a fail it's been so far.

What do you propose Bagger, we spend another 100 billion+ on more failures?

Please propose something that not only will cut medical costs, but still allow people to make choices that will be best for them and their families?

749. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 12:19 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:13:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:59:

You do though. You live in the US. Why is it my problem if someone gets laid off? Of course bad things happen to good people, that's life, it isn't a picnic.

It's only ok when the government does these things. Wait, let me clarify. It's only ok when a Democratic majority run government with a Democratic president does these things. Don't point it out or you are a racist ideologue tea bagger.

Preeeeeety much, logic and reality be damned.

748. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 12:17 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:12:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:59:
Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:52:
Over simplified my ass, either you go and make a life for yourself or you don't. There's nothing over simplified about it, is it easy? No, and no one ever said it was, but people make choices in life, what they decide to do with those choices is up to them. I'm sorry if I don't bleed for those who refuse to make a life for themselves.

I don't owe those who don't, anything, neither do you, neither does beamer or anyone else for that matter.

I really have to say I'm glad I don't live in the country you envision. So when something bad happens to good people, something through no fault of their own (like being laid off from their job because of downsizing in a bad economy, or maxing out their health insurance and being dropped because their wife has breast cancer) your answer is actually "just go make a life for yourself - work harder!"??? Bad things happen to good people, and it isn't evil or a crime for them to let society help them get back on their feet and yes, you are grossly over-simplifying things.

You do though. You live in the US. Why is it my problem if someone gets laid off? Of course bad things happen to good people, that's life, it isn't a picnic.

Look, I have no problem with things like welfare or unemployment when it's needed to help someone get back on their feet, that's not the same as what most liberals (not calling you one btw) want, there's a difference between using a safety net should something unexpected happen, and abusing the system. They aren't one and the same.

Because when someone is laid off, he's not spending as much. He may not be paying off his debt. And, if he has a medical emergency and no insurance, costs skyrocket and he's not the one paying for it.

One guy may not add up.
Millions of guys and suddenly your economy is monumentally struggling.

Also the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" argument strikes me as flawed. Hard work correlates weakly to success. Very weakly. Luck counts for more. Being born with money counts for more. This country is full of hundreds of millions of hard workers living paycheck to paycheck. My best guess would be nearly every minimum wage employee has a harder work day than I do, yet I make something like 15 times what they do per hour.

No duh being born with higher means obviously makes it easier, I've said that, over and over and over, you're either ignoring that part of my comments to try and push a point or you just don't care.

And again you're implying things that you don't know as fact to try and invalidate someone's opinion.

"Hard work correlates weakly to success. Very weakly" Spoken like someone who likely wouldn't know hard work if it kicked him upside the head, I don't know about you but I get raises based on performance reviews, in a municipal job of all places. Maybe you just get raises just because you're a special snowflake, but I don't think the real world generally follows that model.

745. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 11:59 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:52:
Over simplified my ass, either you go and make a life for yourself or you don't. There's nothing over simplified about it, is it easy? No, and no one ever said it was, but people make choices in life, what they decide to do with those choices is up to them. I'm sorry if I don't bleed for those who refuse to make a life for themselves.

I don't owe those who don't, anything, neither do you, neither does beamer or anyone else for that matter.

I really have to say I'm glad I don't live in the country you envision. So when something bad happens to good people, something through no fault of their own (like being laid off from their job because of downsizing in a bad economy, or maxing out their health insurance and being dropped because their wife has breast cancer) your answer is actually "just go make a life for yourself - work harder!"??? Bad things happen to good people, and it isn't evil or a crime for them to let society help them get back on their feet and yes, you are grossly over-simplifying things.

Look, I have no problem with things like welfare or unemployment when it's needed to help someone get back on their feet, that's not the same as what most liberals (not calling you one btw) want, there's a difference between using a safety net should something unexpected happen, and abusing the system. They aren't one and the same.

742. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 11:21 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:03:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 10:51:
I know that asking you for specifics on anything is generally a waste of time, but I'm curious about how a president RollinThundr, in all his infinitesimal wisdom, would propose to pay for the care of all the uninsured that show up to the ERs in need of very expensive care. Please explain.

Via regulation so that both hospitals and big pharma aren't allowed to drive up cost just because they can. I think that would be a better start than forcing everyone to pay for coverages they may or may not need and allow individuals to choose what works best for them in their situations, rather than a one size fits all government mandate, buy it or suffer the consequences. Are we in America anymore? That's not even taking into account that every time through out history, anytime government tries to do something better the public sector it always ends up costing more or being implemented horribly. That goes for either party, that's just government in general, inept.

I don't claim to have all the answers bagger, but good God man, do you honestly think with all the facts coming out, that this has been somehow better at all?
"Big IT project runs late and over budget" wouldn't be news anywhere. The part about people not getting to keep their crappy insurance, thereby forcing others to pay for their care when they eventually need it, is a non-issue. I do think they should have explained that better before. I'm surprised Republicans didn't point that out a long time ago.

So your solution would be to tell doctors, hospitals and insurance companies what they can charge for their services? And you think that's better? You're right. You don't have any good answers. When you have a better plan than what we're doing now, let us know. Until then, you're just bitching about things you don't understand.

Why are you always so outright combative? This isn't about republicans or democrats, put the party aside for half a second, and please don't twist my words, there should be a limit as to what they can charge, that isn't the same as dictating what a procedure would cost, stop being like that, it serves no purpose.

It's apparent that they didn't properly test, and that's my fault somehow? Stop making excuses for how big a failure it's been so far, and maybe post your own solutions that don't involve big government.

Either that or just come out and admit that you're one of those government knows best advocates, because you certainly seem to be extremely reluctant to say one bad thing about how much fail it's been so far.

So tell me bagger, do you have any solutions or do you only require other people to offer them up?

739. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 11:03 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 10:51:
I know that asking you for specifics on anything is generally a waste of time, but I'm curious about how a president RollinThundr, in all his infinitesimal wisdom, would propose to pay for the care of all the uninsured that show up to the ERs in need of very expensive care. Please explain.

Via regulation so that both hospitals and big pharma aren't allowed to drive up cost just because they can. I think that would be a better start than forcing everyone to pay for coverages they may or may not need and allow individuals to choose what works best for them in their situations, rather than a one size fits all government mandate, buy it or suffer the consequences. Are we in America anymore? That's not even taking into account that every time through out history, anytime government tries to do something better the public sector it always ends up costing more or being implemented horribly. That goes for either party, that's just government in general, inept.

I don't claim to have all the answers bagger, but good God man, do you honestly think with all the facts coming out, that this has been somehow better at all?

734. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 09:24 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 09:19:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 07:44:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 23:20:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 22:48:
The 2 million people who so far lost their healthcare (900,000 Californians in the last 2 weeks) would say Obamacare is a disaster. Next year it will be 16 million. I've been posting dozens of links showing the damage this mess of government intrusion is causing. Or just research it yourself. Even the mainstream media can't ignore any longer.

There's two types of people still defending Obamacare: those who are totally ignorant of reality and know nothing about what's going on outside their bubble; and those who accept it's hurting people but don't care because they love Obama and liberalism so much that without it their lives are meaningless. Or you're a politician looking for money and votes.

Meanwhile...
NBC/WSJ poll: Obama approval sinks to new low

Lost their healthcare, or had to switch to a different plan? By the definition I've seen in the news lately, I lose my healthcare every single year when I have to choose a new plan and pay a higher rate. What else is new?

Also, like I said before, if those plans they were on don't cover at least the basic things we need insurance for (ER, hospital stay, pretty much any kind of disease, not excluding Cancer which many try to get away with), then those people are not really covered, and we will still have the same problem with paying through the nose to cover their medical bills because there's no way they can do it themselves. They might as well be uninsured as far as the taxpayer is concerned.

That is literally what Obama started using in his hollow talking points this week. "Transitioning". And once again it isn't true.

People should be allowed to buy whatever plans they want. If I'm a young single male in perfect health, have 20/20 vision, and never used drugs, why do I have to buy maternity care, vision care, and drug rehab care? All those things and more are mandatory under Obamacare which is deliberately driving the prices up and dropping people from what they already have. Now if I don't buy that useless coverage I'm breaking the law. It's amazing there are people who defend this.

Hilarious and despicable.
Requiring people to have insurance or pay a tax is not wrong in a country where we provide medical care to all. We don't kick people out of the ER if they don't have insurance. Even though we know they'll never be able to pay for their care. Like Romney said, we already have universal health care. He just didn't want to mention that we pay a ridiculous amount for it because we provide it in the least efficient way imaginable. Obamacare is not an ideal answer to the problem, but it was the best they could get through Congress at the time, and for all its flaws, it's still better than what we had before.

Listen to this guy, people are paying more than they were pre Obamacare or out right losing their plans, have less choice, are forced to pay for things like maternity leave even if they're male, and he claims it's better. Do you read what you post before you hit submit, or are you really that delusional?

732. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 09:19 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 09:16:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 08:20:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 01:30:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 23:28:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 23:18:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 21:31:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 17:46:
This thread stands as a towering monument to RollinThundr's diminutive intellect.

Anytime RT tries to start some shit in a thread in the future, we should simply link this thread and say, "sorry, you're not qualified to make an argument."

This is the shit I mean, it's constant personal attacks with left leaning folks, it's like you can debate with out calling someone an idiot or a retard, you people don't attack their content just them to try and invalidate their opinions. It's ridiculous.

And it's all because you're the type of people that can't fucking stand that there are always going to be those who are more successful than you, like you have to get them, to make them somehow pay for those who refuse to elevate themselves.
Are you whining about adhoms again? I would probably lose count of all the ones you've tossed out after about 2 pages. Quit being a whiny hypocrite.

As for making people pay for success, that's just stupid. I'm already in the top few percent of households based on income. My wife and I both make pretty decent money and we have no kids. I couldn't care less that there are people more successful. I'm plenty comfortable where I'm at. I do want to make sure all those people that aren't doing very well, for a whole variety of reasons, aren't completely fucked over. You seem to think that the only possible reason anyone isn't making sweet bank is that they are just lazy. That's your worldview, but it's the typical overly simplistic, bumper-sticker-esque view I would expect from you (i.e. it's fucking dumb).

Nope just pointing out fact, " I do want to make sure all those people that aren't doing very well, for a whole variety of reasons, aren't completely fucked over." By passing a shitty healthcare bill that will fuck everyone over? Regardless of their situation? Fucking brilliant!

Anyone can have success if they want it, you have to work for it, it's obviously going to be harder for those that don't start out with high means, but to continue to push this bullshit fantasy that only certain people can be successful is just that fantasy. It's the only reason anyone with half a brain votes democrat at all, conditioned to feel guilty for those who refuse to apply themselves. Fuck that, fuck them and fuck you.

Bumper sticker esque eh? Kinda like OBAMA HOPE AND CHANGE! I don't know what's more pathetic, believing that liberal politicians give a shit about you, or anyone else for that matter, or feeling so much guilt for something that is beyond your control and that you can't change anyway. Bleed on little liberal, papa Obozo gonna kiss it and make it all better.

Like I said, simplistic "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" BS. I've already given up trying to persuade you that your views are poorly thought out and ridiculously over-simplified, so now I'm mostly just commenting on your responses because it amuses me. That's about all you're good for.

Over simplified my ass, either you go and make a life for yourself or you don't. There's nothing over simplified about it
Except that you just over-simplified it to the point of absurdity again right there. Your black and white view and generalizations are just useless, and utterly unsupported.

LOL When you can come back with valid reasons as to why people are owed a life out of the womb just because we'll talk. Until then stop living in fantasy land. I also love how you take a partial quote rather than the whole thing. I said it wasn't easy, it takes work, and for those who don't come from high means it's obviously harder, but singing this sob song as if you need to be rich already to have any chance of success and a good life is outright bullshit and you know it.

730. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 08:20 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 01:30:
This thread stands as a towering monument to RollinThundr's diminutive intellect.

Anytime RT tries to start some shit in a thread in the future, we should simply link this thread and say, "sorry, you're not qualified to make an argument."

This is the shit I mean, it's constant personal attacks with left leaning folks, it's like you can debate with out calling someone an idiot or a retard, you people don't attack their content just them to try and invalidate their opinions. It's ridiculous.

And it's all because you're the type of people that can't fucking stand that there are always going to be those who are more successful than you, like you have to get them, to make them somehow pay for those who refuse to elevate themselves.
Are you whining about adhoms again? I would probably lose count of all the ones you've tossed out after about 2 pages. Quit being a whiny hypocrite.

As for making people pay for success, that's just stupid. I'm already in the top few percent of households based on income. My wife and I both make pretty decent money and we have no kids. I couldn't care less that there are people more successful. I'm plenty comfortable where I'm at. I do want to make sure all those people that aren't doing very well, for a whole variety of reasons, aren't completely fucked over. You seem to think that the only possible reason anyone isn't making sweet bank is that they are just lazy. That's your worldview, but it's the typical overly simplistic, bumper-sticker-esque view I would expect from you (i.e. it's fucking dumb).

Nope just pointing out fact, " I do want to make sure all those people that aren't doing very well, for a whole variety of reasons, aren't completely fucked over." By passing a shitty healthcare bill that will fuck everyone over? Regardless of their situation? Fucking brilliant!

Anyone can have success if they want it, you have to work for it, it's obviously going to be harder for those that don't start out with high means, but to continue to push this bullshit fantasy that only certain people can be successful is just that fantasy. It's the only reason anyone with half a brain votes democrat at all, conditioned to feel guilty for those who refuse to apply themselves. Fuck that, fuck them and fuck you.

Bumper sticker esque eh? Kinda like OBAMA HOPE AND CHANGE! I don't know what's more pathetic, believing that liberal politicians give a shit about you, or anyone else for that matter, or feeling so much guilt for something that is beyond your control and that you can't change anyway. Bleed on little liberal, papa Obozo gonna kiss it and make it all better.

Like I said, simplistic "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" BS. I've already given up trying to persuade you that your views are poorly thought out and ridiculously over-simplified, so now I'm mostly just commenting on your responses because it amuses me. That's about all you're good for.

726. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 23:53 RollinThundr

Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 23:41:
Bleed on little liberal, papa Obozo gonna kiss it and make it all better.

I don't know how you could ever expect anyone to ever take you seriously when you end just about every post this way. You're 36 years old. Maybe it's time to stop acting like a child.

When you fill a post of personal insults, I'm sorry but I'm not going to sugar coat a reply. You're not a bad guy Seph, I don't often agree with your views but at the least you're generally not a dick about it.

News Comments > Hellraid Delayed to Next Year
5. Re: Hellraid Delayed to Next Year Oct 30, 2013, 23:52 RollinThundr

JFC you people complain when shit gets pushed out the door half baked, you still complain when something gets delayed to actually hopefully make it a better game in the long run. Boggles the mind.  

724. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 23:28 RollinThundr

719. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 21:36 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 19:46:
RT, you can call me a libtard or Obama apologist but on the subject of the ACA I honestly don't see enough evidence to prove that the ACA naysayers were right as you are claiming. Okay, so the rollout has been embarrassingly disastrous and indicates some serious incompetence in at least part of Obama's administration, but the piss-poor rollout in and of itself doesn't prove the whole program a failure. That determination will take some time. You can cite evidence of cases where people have been notified they are being dropped by their insurance carriers, and others where people have seen premium increases, but as of yet I don't think it is widespread enough to claim some sort of weird "victory".

Make no mistake - I don't have much faith in government. I am not at all surprised by the botched launch nor will I be shocked if the ACA ultimately fails and implodes. But the difference between you and me is that I am hoping that somehow it succeeds in fixing (at least in part) our woefully broken system; you on the other hand are rooting for its failure so we can go back to our hopelessly broken system.

Pres, I actually respect you unlike some other people on this site. You post well thought out opinions and don't sling bullshit just to sling it.

Personally like I've said, I don't think anything the government can do in regards to healthcare is ever going to be better than what the private sector could do with proper regulation.

I think a lot of people forget we in the US have the best and most advanced healthcare in the world, research and development also isn't cheap.

Do I think big pharma makes too much money? Yes I do, they also have quite the lobbying power which is why the healthcare industry has been able to get away with charging more than they realistic should.

I don't see that changing ACA or no ACA. Because at this point in time the "Afordable heath care act" is anything but affordable, and the only people it benefits are people that don't and haven't paid into the system in the first place on the backs of those of us who do. it's like welfare in healthcare form. And you surely by now know how I feel about welfare.

718. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 21:31 RollinThundr

713. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 17:17 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 16:53:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 16:26:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 12:58:

I love that he calls you cupcake, and that's ok, but when I did something similarly dismissive-but-not-aggressive he said "ADHOM" and didn't address the substance of the post.

Every one of your post has a derogatory sling or 3, often times for no reason.

You're going to try and tell me people are too stupid to know what stocks they have or what they're invested in? I'm sure some just have their broker or whatever deal with it, sure, but you seriously have this really terrible habit of over generalizing to try and make a point and I gotta say it's really fucking annoying.

Because you make your posts with such authority but they're so problematic.
For instance, we spent 300 posts dealing with your 23 Executive Orders. You refused to say which you meant. A simple link would have cut the discussion to 10% of what it became, but you refused. Then, when it was posted, you claimed it wasn't what you were talking about, but it was, meaning you had no clue what you were talking about but kept insisting you were right. You followed it up by claiming they were attempts to be laws, but most of them were "release a letter," which isn't remotely.

Never once did you actually say anything specific. You just said "they're orders meant to be laws." If you want to not be called an asshole, say something specific and cite it.

Then you make claims about other people's posts, but again, you do it in one phrase. Actually quote something. When am I overgeneralizing? Show me. Quote an example and say "here you are overgeneralizing."

Every time you're asked for specifics, be it about something you feel the government is doing or something you feel we are doing, you ignore it. If you can't show specifics you have no point and are wasting our time. But you keep making all kinds of claims without ever bothering to put some veracity behind them. You get called out and deny it. Or you say "read between the lines" without posting what the lines are and what we should be reading between them. And then you wonder why people think you have no point, no understanding, and think your arguments are horrible.

That whole entire thing was like ships passing in the night. I've paid enough attention to this president, and types like Feinstein to realize their end game, none of it is based on transparency or being at all honest to begin with. You seem to be content just blindly going along though, or at least you make it seem that way more often than not.

You ignore half of posts contents that you can't or won't dispute, and twist what people say when you disagree with them. To be honest it's flat out frustrating trying to have a discussion with you because the goal posts constantly change. You also seem to have this habit of being condescending to people regardless of the topic, be it games or government or whatever else.

We both know government is never going to do anything more efficient than the private sector, that should be pretty common fact at this point, yet that's still the democrat answer to everything MOAR GOVERNMENT!

What cracks me up the most about it actually is the poor and lower income people are only pandered to at all by the democrats for one reason and one reason only, votes. You know it, I know it, yet you seem to still more often than not side with them anyway. It's not like liberals don't get as much corporate lobbying as republicans either.

I think you're far more intelligent than a nin or redmask who only toss out personal attacks without any sort of substance at all, still it's hard to understand where you're coming from at times because you seem to contradict yourself often or at least hold back on how you really feel because whoever you're arguing with might think you're conceding a point? I don't know.

711. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 16:26 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 12:58:

I love that he calls you cupcake, and that's ok, but when I did something similarly dismissive-but-not-aggressive he said "ADHOM" and didn't address the substance of the post.

Every one of your post has a derogatory sling or 3, often times for no reason.

You're going to try and tell me people are too stupid to know what stocks they have or what they're invested in? I'm sure some just have their broker or whatever deal with it, sure, but you seriously have this really terrible habit of over generalizing to try and make a point and I gotta say it's really fucking annoying.

701. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 12:01 RollinThundr

Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:48:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:42:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:27:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:17:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:15:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:14:
You're moving the goalpost, now it's only CEO's don't get fired, a minute ago it was no one in business ever gets fired.

No, no I am not. I am using CEOs as examples because they are high profile and it's easy to look at them - Johnny QA being fired never makes headlines.

But, to your point, in my first paragraph I say "President and VP," neither of whom are CEOs, and in my second paragraph I say "People," who certainly aren't CEOs.

Only my second to last sentence says "CEO." It isn't my fault you can't read and project that to all the lines you read before.

The reason they don't say fired is because they step down to save face, it's the same thing, if the share holders want a change, a change they get. Share holders being people, like you and me.

Lol. Most shareholders have little power over consequences for a CEO. They may step down after a major fuckup, but they're still gonna get paid tens of millions on the way out.

Because their contracts say that I'd imagine. Shareholders have more power than you think however.

When, in the last 40 years, has a change been brought about by shareholders other than someone with 5% or more of the company?
It does not happen.

Your belief in shareholder power is antiquated and na´ve. Only a very small amount of shareholders have any power, and these days it's almost exclusively fund managers. Most companies are somewhere between 15% and 33% fund held. Those funds hold power. The hundreds of thousands of other shareholders have no power at all relative to them (interestingly, do you know how tiny a portion of Americans hold any stock at all?)

Much like my believe in the Constitution right? Naive and antiquated?

"Oh shit I don't know what I'm talking about... NON SEQUITUR GO!"
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink because you're a liberal."

Whatever helps you sleep at night cupcake.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo