Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 18, 2013, 13:06 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 10:44:
What is this logic you're spewing, Seattle Times. The gun lobby and its bought-and-paid-for assholes Representatives have no time for this kind of prattle!

Creston
Must suck to hate the constitution and to be afraid of tools that do nothing on their own unless a person is using them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity 20 Minute Online Timeout Hard-Coded?
18. Re: SimCity 20 Minute Online Timeout Hard-Coded? Mar 18, 2013, 12:57 RollinThundr

Angrius Maximis wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 12:30:
The list of free games for Simcity owners has been announced

Here is the list of games that you will be able to choose from once you are able to redeem. Itís a great list of games across the whole EA portfolio, so pick one and add it to your Origin library on us!

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

Can't wait to hear the complaining about the freebies not being GOTY editions. At any rate, glad I didn't buy this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2013, 10:53 RollinThundr

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 09:28:
Rarely do you have a practical exam here in the US. The last time I had an actual on the road driving test was when I got my license at 17. That was more than three decades ago...

It's been about 20 years since I first got mine and honestly, I don't remember a written test at all.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 15, 2013, 10:34 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 10:04:
If they make a bundle without the tablet controller I'd consider it. I looked at a parts estimate on it and I just wouldn't get any use out of it for the cost it adds. Give me a classic controller, some decent exclusives and I'm there. That new Xenoblade game, a few cool JRPGs and get Donkey Kong Country out of licensing hell, thats one platformer begging for a modern overhaul.

I've always been a sucker for Nintendo they're a great gaming company. They don't make cell phones, operating systems, televisions, social media, VoIP or etc, they just make games and there's something to be said for that kind of focus.

Yeah they make the same 3 or 4 games. Over and over for 20 years straight now. Mario, Zelda, Mariocart, Smash bros.

News Comments > SimCity: Maxis Working on Traffic Jams; Deleting "Hack" Posts
5. removed Mar 15, 2013, 10:11 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 15, 2013, 11:54.

News Comments > SimCity Hacked to Play Offline?
119. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 18:39 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 18:17:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 15:57:
I honestly think people forget that EA at one point early in their existence was all about giving game developers not only credit for their works during a time in the industry where we didn't have credit screens at the end of a game and also created and funded some pretty god damn awesome games over the years.

That SimCity shipped in the state it did, and is so reliant on an always on connection that it sounds like it actually breaks the game is definitely something to hold them to the flame for. But after almost a week of countless SimCity threads where the same shit is rehashed for the 100th time, at this point it'd be more useful to bitch at EA directly.

You're the dope that seems to have forgotten that. People want that EA, not this one. Everyone else wants to hold them accountable and is correctly complaining about their actions, you're the one constantly making excuses and trying to defend them under this feigned objectivity shit.

I'll bitch to EA, I'll bitch on here, I'll bitch wherever and whenever they deserve it. If you don't like it no one cares. The truth is that you just don't want to hear people say bad things about EA. It takes a special kind of shill to passive aggressively defend EA after this nightmare.

waah wahh RT is a shill because he doesn't post the same hate filled rant 30 times on an EA thread! MUST BE AN EA SHILL! Do you realize how fucking retarded you sound? By all means bitch away, I'm certainly not stopping you, it's pretty pointless in the end unless you're also voting with your wallet but have at it if it makes you feel better.

111. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 18:02 RollinThundr

deqer wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 17:56:
SimCity 4 Deluxe?

Don't buy it. Pirate it!

I'm sure all of EA's bullshit has costed you $60 part of your life in some way, shape or form. Do you want a refund for that $60 of bullshit/stress/frustration/deceivingness ? Well, you can get a refund by pirating it!

Don't worry. You aren't the bad guy for pirating it. EA is. EA caused you to pirate it.

You didn't ask for all the bullshit EA has been doing lately, including forcing you on their Origin system.

Yep continue justifying publishers forcing always on drm for SP games. Well done douchecanoe!

104. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 16:52 RollinThundr

deqer wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 16:45:
Beamer wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 16:40:
Can't do that now, eh?

"<EA>: Of course not. That would significantly reduce the lifetime of the game. You must start a new city and experience it, like in the real world. There is no travelling back in time. If we allowed you to do that, then you'd have your 'fill' early on."

See the part where your argument fails is this isn't a pay to play game. EA already got their 60 from those who bought it. I doubt EA cares if people are still playing or not, the drm is more to combat piracy I would imagine.

96. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 15:57 RollinThundr

Dev wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 15:29:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 15:19:
What bothers me about Creston's short list here is it's not even accurate or legitimate.
Feel free to make a legitimate accurate complete long list.

To be honest it wouldn't be all that different except that Starbreeze is NOT owned by EA, and Mythic still exists. I miss Origin Systems and Bullfrog and Westwood too, but I'm not naÔve enough to think EA is the only publisher that has bought out a dev only to close them a short time afterwards. Infograms (Atari) has done it countless times, Take Two has done it. Activision has done it.

I get the reasons people hate EA, there's things they've done over the years that I haven't liked either but jesus as much as you guys call me a broken record, at what point does repeating the same shit over and over to try and legitimize hate for a particular company also get old? EA's done enough shit over the years to earn that hate sure, but saying it over and over again 30 times a thread doesn't do a damn thing.

People want EA to change? STOP BUYING THEIR GAMES! When their profits take enough of a hit, maybe they'll start to get the idea that shitty customer service is bad, and putting things like MT's into their games does nothing but fuel people's hate for them.

I honestly think people forget that EA at one point early in their existence was all about giving game developers not only credit for their works during a time in the industry where we didn't have credit screens at the end of a game and also created and funded some pretty god damn awesome games over the years. Rather than what they're doing now following in the footsteps of Blizzard and Ubisoft with game crippling DRM.

That SimCity shipped in the state it did, and is so reliant on an always on connection that it sounds like it actually breaks the game is definitely something to hold them to the flame for. But after almost a week of countless SimCity threads where the same shit is rehashed for the 100th time, at this point it'd be more useful to bitch at EA directly.

89. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 15:19 RollinThundr

Baenwort wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 15:11:
Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:53:
Dev wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:39:
This is not nearly the first time EA has decimated a studio they've bought out. Is origin around anymore? Bullfrog? Or any of the others?

Let's see if we can make a full list of studios that have they outright killed, and studios that are currently in the slow process of dying from the EA-touch.

Outright killed:

- Origin
- Westwood
- Bullfrog
- Mythic
- Lionhead (not sure if this one should be in the next category or not.)
- Pandemic

Slowly dying:

- Maxis
- Starbreeze
- Lionhead (just for completeness' sake. I have no idea if they're actually still around.)
- Bioware. (I'm on the fence on this one. DA2 was absolutely EA-ified, but ME3 was a very good game that just suffered from one dipshit writer who is way too much in love with himself. DA3 and ME4 will be the final nail in the coffin, or a slight reprieve from their inevitable death.)
- Popcap.

Any others? I'm sure I'm missing at least half a dozen other studios that EA killed.

Creston

The one I'll always be pissed about is Kesmai.

Creators of: Multiplayer Battletech(Solaris, 3025, etc); AirWarrior(Amiga through 4); Islands/Legends of Kesmai; Stellar Emperor; and more.

http://web.archive.org/web/19990902072142/www.kesmaistudios.com/company/

I still look back fondly on my time in the MPBT 3025 alpha. Though the killing of that project was more to do with MS being douchebags with the license and EA knowing it was niche enough that killing Kesmai wouldn't really matter.

What bothers me about Creston's short list here is it's not even accurate or legitimate.

85. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 14:50 RollinThundr

Cabezone wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 14:44:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 14:33:
Shineyguy wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 14:03:
Dev wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:58:
Any others? I'm sure I'm missing at least half a dozen other studios that EA killed.

Creston
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Electronic_Arts

EA has a stake in Novalogic? NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Like Novalogic was ever relevant or even a decent developer.

Voxels motherfucker....voxels

You win the thread, I snorted coffee through the nose on that one.

83. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 14:33 RollinThundr

Shineyguy wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 14:03:
Dev wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:58:

Creston
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Electronic_Arts

EA has a stake in Novalogic? NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Like Novalogic was ever relevant or even a decent developer.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 14, 2013, 14:03 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 17:02:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 15:12:
Yep democrats are so concerned with citizen's rights, they keep making efforts to remove said rights and make people more reliant on them, The Government. Welfare for votes, "free" medical on the backs of everyone who works for a living. Keep living the lie that either party gives a fuck about you. The Rand filibuster was a perfect example of it. Can the President use drone strikes on US citizens on US soil, easy answer, according to the Constitution? No. Still took a 13 hour filibuster + weeks of asking the Dictator in Chief for an answer.

Between the lesser of two evils they're the definite lesser. You're wrong on just about everything else, as usual though, so no great revelations there. However, yes, people do need to look for - and find - alternatives to the two party stranglehold of the elites. Jesse Ventura is a good way to go for a start.

How am I wrong? The mantra of this administration for the last 5 years is blame Bush. This is a quote from 2006, funny how your buddy was against raising the debt ceiling then, but now he's all for it.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising Americaís debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a Sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Governmentís reckless fiscal policies." Reckless fiscal policies that he's continued since day 1, but hey, Bush's fault, just like the last 5 years are all also Bush's fault.

Keeping in mind that the last couple years of Bush's presidency, dems had control of the purse strings but hey, It's the GOP's fault you know. Everything that is bad in the world is solely on the shoulders of republicans.

They're not a lesser evil, they're the SAME fucking evil. This administration has done little different than tbe Bush administration yet it's different because there's a D after Barry's name on the ballot apparently.

57. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 12:02 RollinThundr

Dev wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:39:
This is not nearly the first time EA has decimated a studio they've bought out. Is origin around anymore? Bullfrog? Or any of the others?

Let's see if we can make a full list of studios that have they outright killed, and studios that are currently in the slow process of dying from the EA-touch.

Outright killed:

- Origin
- Westwood
- Bullfrog
- Mythic
- Lionhead (not sure if this one should be in the next category or not.)

Slowly dying:

- Maxis
- Starbreeze
- Lionhead (just for completeness' sake. I have no idea if they're actually still around.)
- Bioware. (I'm on the fence on this one. DA2 was absolutely EA-ified, but ME3 was a very good game that just suffered from one dipshit writer who is way too much in love with himself. DA3 and ME4 will be the final nail in the coffin, or a slight reprieve from their inevitable death.)

Creston

Mythic still exists just under the Bioware brand. Starbreeze is not owned by EA. And why for the love of god does no one hold Laidlaw or Gaider at all responsible for the fuck up that was DA2? The fan base warned them over and over that it wasn't what anyone wanted and they put out shit in a box anyway.

EA's closed plenty of studios that you could prolly just pick from that list rather than lumping in studios EA doesn't even own.

44. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 11:32 RollinThundr

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:21:
The bar has been set, for our age of dumbed down AAA sequel iterations, nothing new here, moving right along,

I am however, still holding my breath, for the upcoming new online Command & Conquer, I think that will be a worthy multiplayer sequel to what was Gen Zero Hour, and frankly I couldn't care less about Single Player missions in that game, we know how EA would handle that one!

we need to stop fuming at EA, our voices are falling on deaf ears, I know very well how large corporate companies are run, with lawyers at the top that will stop at NOTHING to prevent a healthy cashflow to their owners. They will arrest their own family members, if it means preventing internal corruption to the company. I've seen all kinds of things, with these bean counters are at the top of the chain in command.

Simcity, and Diablo are dead, we need to get off our collective asses, and go program our own worthy software, get to kickstarter, and make games for gamers, once again, or rekindle the magic that we once had since the glory days of Commodore, or lets give new aspiring young players, that same feeling we once had, as EA and Activision are not going to be doing this for us anymore, not this generation.

MAKE our OWN games, STOP wasting our precious time playing THEIRS.

not even remotely interested in playing a free Simcity 2013 offline, it is broken beyond belief, and will see if they manage free overhaul to that game, in 2 months time.

/ as a simoleon: leaves work, gets in car, and drives to first residential home, and barges in, wakes up old granny in bed, and I roll over to sleep.

Speak for yourself, I always liked the campy Command and Conquer single player campaigns, and not getting a full blown Generals 2 actually really pissed me off.

3. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 09:22 RollinThundr

Impossible eh EA? Here's a suggestion EA, get rid of John Riccitiello and beg Trip to come back and right the ship, Because Riccitiello's decisions being so anti consumerism spawns forums full of unbridled hate.  

News Comments > More on Offline SimCity
74. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 15:41 RollinThundr

Ahh another day, another 30 posts from Creston and company repeating the same EA sucks dance. Simple solution don't buy EA games. Loss of massive amounts of sales will tell EA one thing, stop being assholes to your customers or go under. Betting Creston still preorders DA3 day 1.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 13, 2013, 15:12 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 14:03:
Hope Yelp and these other racketeers do get the shit sued out of them and they're shut down.

The amount of idiotic criminals never ceases to boggle the mind.

"You go to a Walmart with a printer to return and no receipt, with your counterfeit bills still lodged in it, and you want to dicker with the clerks to get half price back, when you have warrants out for you," Smokowicz said. "There are a few lessons here about not drawing attention to yourself."

Lulz. What a tool.

OpenBand apparently convinced a lot of communities to sign exclusive franchise agreements that ran for between 25 to 75 years. While users in these developments could sign up for other TV or broadband services, they still had to pay the $150 monthly association fee to OpenBand.

Are you effing kidding me? Cereal? Who would move into one of these places?

It isn't just activists that are concerned, either. In 2009, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) said the government's use of "Section 215 is unfortunately cloaked in secrecy. Some day that cloak will be lifted, and future generations will ask whether our actions today meet the test of a democratic society." In 2011, two US Senators, Ron Wyden (D-OR) and Mark Udall (D-CO), publicly voiced their concerns, too, suggesting the government had a pretty wild interpretation of what it was allowed to do under the PATRIOT Act. "When the American people find out how their government has secretly interpreted the Patriot Act, they will be stunned and they will be angry,Ē Wyden told The New York Times.

Nice to see as always at least the Democrats are concerned with citizens rights. However they're wrong. The American public will, by and large, be as apathetic as always otherwise things like the PATRIOT Act would never occur in the first place.

Yep democrats are so concerned with citizen's rights, they keep making efforts to remove said rights and make people more reliant on them, The Government. Welfare for votes, "free" medical on the backs of everyone who works for a living. Keep living the lie that either party gives a fuck about you. The Rand filibuster was a perfect example of it. Can the President use drone strikes on US citizens on US soil, easy answer, according to the Constitution? No. Still took a 13 hour filibuster + weeks of asking the Dictator in Chief for an answer.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 13, 2013, 15:09 RollinThundr

Doesn't EA still own the IP for Road Rash?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 13, 2013, 11:53 RollinThundr

Darks wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 11:28:
Blizzard has lost its creativity; they are now a company that is all about long development cycles and pretty CGI. Short on story and overpriced.

When was the last time blizzard came up with a new game? A completely different IP that has nothing to do with their Three Prime Evils? Thatís right, nothing!

The keep force feeding the masses with updated games that are nothing more than an over lay of new graphics over an old concept.

Um just figuring this out now? It's not like Blizzard hasn't been rehasing the same ol same ol, completely devoid of innovation for a decade now.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo