Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RollinThundr

Real Name RollinThundr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2009, 08:31
Total Comments 2460 (Senior)
User ID 54946

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. removed Nov 11, 2013, 11:34 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 11, 2013, 18:40.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. removed Nov 10, 2013, 23:19 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 11, 2013, 18:39.

28. removed Nov 10, 2013, 23:08 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 11, 2013, 18:41.

News Comments > Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix
8. removed Nov 10, 2013, 21:29 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 11, 2013, 18:35.

11. removed Nov 10, 2013, 14:23 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 11, 2013, 18:41.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
2. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 10, 2013, 13:49 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 13:32:
Blizzard president Mike Morhaime on razing Diablo 3's auction house, rebuilding Titan

"I think our players recognized that. We were really looking to see what would happen with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, because they don't have an auction house. The response to the console versions was extremely positive, and most people cited the lack of an auction house."

Well, that and the offline mode.

They created the auction house to undercut or compete with black market gold farmers. I get that. The problem is that they took the additional step of designing the loot system so that it forced you to the auction house. That's where they screwed the pooch. Had they made a complete game that stood alone, THEN added in the auction house, I don't think you would have seen nearly the same number of complaints.

Isn't this pretty much what everyone told them right off the bat? That the AH makes playing the game pointless in the first place?

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Early Xbox Ones restricted from Xbox Live. Nov 10, 2013, 12:29 RollinThundr

Surprised MS didn't outright ban those consoles in typical douche fashion. Stay classy Microsoft, penalize the customer for retailers shipping early. No wonder everyone is more interested in the PS4 this time out.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
23. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 9, 2013, 09:26 RollinThundr

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 06:35:
To those saying this isnt Pay2win, clearly are blocking out d3 and its RMAH from memory. Its the same scheme.

D3 has PVP now? Wow! Mech Warrior online must be P2W too because you can buy mechs with real cash right? Hint: it isn't.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 8, 2013, 18:33 RollinThundr

Parias wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 18:15:
Still not sure if I get your logic though, nor understand how this would impact the game experience negatively.

The game will have a singleplayer campaign and the ability to host your own private server instances - if desired, you'll never have to interact with the "Persistent Universe" portion at all.

Additionally, the MMO portion of the game that these purchases apply to involve large-scale, NPC-driven universes. The game is not exclusively driven towards combat. If you step into the persistent universe with a starting ship while player X starts off with a $1200 Corvette, what does it matter - how does this affect you? You might not ever see the guy, and if he DOES use his investment to go on a murderous rampage, there will be consequences and he'd basically have to live in low-security space just to avoid getting shot up by the authorities.

This isn't like other P2W games which are completely oriented around instanced arena combat; just because some other random player starts with a more expensive ship than you does not mean you're going to have a terrible gameplay experience - in all likelyhood it won't even impact you at all.

This is to say nothing of the actual ship balancing - the super-expensive ships are also going to be slow, ponderous, and expensive to maintain in the game (particularly to equip them properly and keep them crewed). They're not just handing you the keys to a magical win button, or giving you golden ammo that does more damage or something.

I guess if you're that determined to see only bad in this game, there's not much I can say to change your mind - but I'll continue to insist that you're misunderstanding the point, and that you're slamming a game that looks legitimately-promising for the wrong reasons.

They're uninformed and hating for the sake of it. Same ol same ol. Hoping Roberts pulls off all the ambitions he seems to have for this game. Being a huge WingCommander fan and a fan of the genre in general, I'd love to see this succeed.

News Comments > AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances
11. Re: AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances Nov 8, 2013, 13:59 RollinThundr

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 13:45:
If the fan speed is contributing to the performance variances, then ambient room temperature is affecting it as well. They're obviously targeting a maximum thermal threshold of 95 degrees C or whatever it is, meaning that the GPU is going to be throttled when it begins to exceed that level. If the room is colder, or hotter, the GPU is going to be throttled at different levels, if at all. Similarly, the fan speed being even slightly too low or too high is going to affect the core temperature significantly.

This only reinforces the fact that AMD is having some pretty severe thermal issues with their latest products. If you have to dial back the performance of your graphics card to prevent it from melting itself into a giant hunk of abstract paperweight, it might be time to go back to the drawing board... Who knows what kind of performance they could be offering if they actually gave a crap about efficiency? The least they could do is come up with an integrated liquid cooling solution or something, because adding an extra $50-75 on top of the price in exchange for better temps and apparently better performance would surely be worth it? But I guess they're leaving that up to the third-party guys.

AMD parts and heat issues? You don't say!

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Nov 8, 2013, 11:18 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 09:17:
Haha whatever, that looked perfect for a modern Robocop and Robocop is a schlocky B movie if you go back and watch it today.

Yeah I don't get the hate at all, it looked great for a reboot.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Trailer
26. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Trailer Nov 8, 2013, 11:07 RollinThundr

Theo wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 05:56:
The combat in D3 was the best of all the recent arpg's without doubt, it was fast paced, and fun to combo together skills.

I cant wait for this frankly; re the mystic, i was in D3 beta *very* early, it was not taken out just before release (they did do somethings before release, like compleatley fuck up the UI with the elective mode bullshit) but the mystic went much earlier in development.

So adding in an option at allowed at least a illusion of customization, elective mode, is a fuck up? My fucking lord what has happened to society?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 8, 2013, 08:20 RollinThundr

gray wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 08:00:
You guys don't get paternity leave? What century is it

We do, it's just generally not a forced thing. Which makes sense, Males can't get preggers last I checked. Unless something's changed. We had this thing called choice, not anymore. Thanks OBAMA!

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 8, 2013, 01:25 RollinThundr

NamecaF wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 00:49:
Ok I'll bite. What's the problem with this "Obamacare" or Healthcare.gov that has some people so worked up?

It's simple, it's going to end up costing everyone more because the law is written in a way that forces insurance companies to add services in like maternity leave (yes even if you're male, or a 80 year old woman) mental counseling, and other types of services people wouldn't use often if at all. Thus many healthcare companies are being forced to cancel plans that don't include these types of services.

Because of the added services, it drives the over all cost up for everyone, so that 2,500 in average savings Obama preached about for 3 years? Yeah that was a lie. The you can keep your old plan if you like it, keep your doctor if you like him her? Yep that was a lie as well. So people who have great plans now, with low premiums, lose those plans, are forced to go through the exchanges and end up with deductibles that are double or more what they're currently paying.

The whole thing is a scheme to have the government eventually end up taking over healthcare in the US and destroy not only a huge portion of the economy, but make big government, that never does anything cheaply or efficiently, even bigger. Because now you have private healthcare providers pulling out of areas due to costs associated with the bill.

This makes it near impossible for smaller business that want to provide their employees health care at all. It will also impact larger business when the employer portion of the bill kicks in in 2014.

They want the young who are healthy and don't need expensive plans to sustain it, which is just a ridiculous notion to begin with, since at that point in life in your early 20's, most people that age are saving for a house, or still paying off school loans etc etc.

To top it all off this administration has continually lied over and over and over. And is still lying.

This also sets the stage for death panels in the US, which is a whole other bag of worms on it's own.

So basically, it's going to cost everyone more, for worse coverage, this is Obama's legacy. One fraught with fraud and failures.

News Comments > Australian Ratings Reconsidered for 12 Games
10. Re: Australian Ratings Reconsidered for 12 Games Nov 7, 2013, 20:55 RollinThundr

Taskeen wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 18:23:
So do a lot of Australian gamers torrent stuff so they can play games? I'd do that all the time if I lived in Australia, fuck censorship, its parents responsibility to know what their kids are playing.

Hooray for nanny states and the government dictating what you can or can't buy, have, watch, etc.

News Comments > etc., etc.
14. Re: etc., etc. Nov 7, 2013, 08:34 RollinThundr

walrus1 wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 00:28:
Really EA sacrificed quality to make more money? Really? I don't believe it.

The funny thing is BF4 is still 1000 times a better game than COD Ghosts is.

10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 7, 2013, 08:31 RollinThundr

Taskeen wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 23:10:
Google, yahoo, and these other companies are just saving face for their revenue, since all of us who already knew, and those who are now are aware, are outraged. And thus they are scared their millions will be tanked.

So in other words, these companies already bent over years ago. Why didn't they say "f you" to them back then? How about Facebook? They sell their fucking data to the CIA. Google also helped to fund CIA startup front companies that monitor websites, twitter accounts, and blogs. Its not just the NSA.

Why lie? Seriously. Just say straight up who they fund, what that funding is for, and then we can all decide if we trust you or not, instead of having these companies and corporations lie out of their ass.

What I suspect is many of the employees at google - the worker bees, were also outraged - you know they are just trying to make a living, can't blame em, and probably pressured the big dogs heading the company to make reversals for what they had already likely seen what was going on.

Because they know they can get away with it, because most people in the US don't bother to actually do some research or get educated. Much like how "You can keep your insurance, period!" is now turning into "well only if it's covered under the ACA"

The issue is accountability, no one is held accountable for shit anymore, because someone's precious little feelings might get hurt. 3 cheers for political correctness.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2013, 11:01 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 10:14:
Yeah you do, you've been moderated countless times for personal attacks, I can go dig them up in seconds so don't bother lying, it's pretty simple to search your username for moderated posts. Stop blaming your problems on everyone else, try actually changing your actions and maybe people will respond better.

No one cares about how much you hate Obama or whatever, it's the way you present it that sucks and pisses everyone off to the point where you're not even taken seriously.

Anyways I'm really fed up with you and I'm super patient so just give it a rest for awhile, sheesh. Maybe act like a normal person and interact with people without pushing your politics on them, doing the HURR BOONEWS EA stuff or attacking them, see what that experience is like. You might even like it!

This has fallen off the front page so I'm done checking it now, don't bother with a big comeback about Obama and leftwing rahrah, I'm not reading it. Just think about what I said. You make an effort to change and I will do my best to help you with the people who hold past grudges.

LOL that's because some hit the report button based on the name. I could point you to at least a dozen personal attacks against me that have gone unmodded even though they've been reported. It's obvious people don't like being called out on their bullshit.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2013, 10:03 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 09:42:
At the rate you're going you'll have your own echo chamber soon enough Thundr. I can think of less than 10 posters who will even respond to you at this point and if you keep getting on my nerves it'll be 9.

Verno, I'm not the one who tosses out constant personal attacks with zero substance, Nin and Red do that constantly, and not just to me. It's fine to disagree with someone's political leanings, that's not what these guys do, they cry troll this and troll that, while trolling themselves. Can you honestly tell me the last time nin for example contributed substance or a well thought out opinion to a political thread that wasn't a one line insult at someone? I can't.

Excuse me for being passionate about wanting to right the ship and not watch the US spend itself into oblivion, because I'll tell you man, the 200 million we spend a day right now that we don't actually have to spend? Isn't sustainable, and if we don't address it rather than focus on distractions like climate change and Obamacare, in the end all the social issues in the world aren't going to matter.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
64. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 6, 2013, 08:22 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 03:55:
Atoth wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 18:43:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 17:59:
Fine then, get it off our screens.

So basically what I am gathering here is that people are tired of hearing about Star Citizen and they want to complain about seeing the articles and not actually about the game itself. Okay great nothing is making you read the articles or post in the comments. This is a gaming website so of course you are going to see articles about games. Games that you or I might not be interested in at all, I usually just don't click on them. You can always make your own website and I would be more then happy to visit your perfect little gaming world. Frankly I think Blue needs to post more Star Citizen articles on the site. With all the people foaming at the mouth with their love/hate of the game, hitting the page multiple times a day, that's got to be quite a bit of advertising revenue generated.

As I said previously, I am a investor so I am taking a chance by giving my money to them. Which I am totally okay with loosing at this point since I have actually played their previous older games and enjoyed them heavily. I never said this was going to be the end all awesome game of the century. I just said I wanted to play a good space sim which most publishers have no interest in producing because they don't make absorbent amounts of return money from them. I have played plenty of niche space games that some would consider to be "stupid" and had plenty of fun in them. A lot of those games I wish they could've had the money behind them because there was so much potential lost because of it.

There won't be any winners here in this argument and I already know this is a loosing battle to even bother posting in the first place, but I am bored today and feeling a little feisty. So I'll leave it at that. You are free to say whatever you want, but seriously why spend so much effort on something your not even interested in?

Chris Roberts has outdone himself in the type of following that he is building, not even the Blizzard fanbois are this rabid. Dude, take a deep breath and chill out. I understand that you are so damn afraid of being wrong that you have to insist on being right. Dont worry about it, if we are wrong we will rejoice and eat our words. If in fact we are right, we will be pretty down. But you will suffer much much more if you keep setting yourself up for a fall.

Like Cutter would ever own up to being wrong about something. That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

2460 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo