Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Evan C.

Real Name Evan C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HugeJerk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2009, 22:13
Total Comments 38 (Suspect)
User ID 54933

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
39. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 17:43 HugeJerk

There isn't an option to play with bots instead of other players. Part of the problem people are having is waiting in match queues because there aren't enough players and there's no "fill open spots with bots" capability.

yonder wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 17:31:
WHY do you think you need a SP campaign? You can play against bots, correct? Then who cares?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 14:12 HugeJerk

Ugh... MCA of the Beastie Boys passed away. Adam Yauch (MCA) of the Beastie Boys dead at 47  

News Comments > CD Project RED Dropping All DRM
2. Re: CD Project RED Dropping All DRM Mar 8, 2012, 20:23 HugeJerk

Too many negatives with DRM, this decision makes sense. Too often legit customers are adversely affected, it doesn't stop piracy, and the developers end up paying not only for the DRM itself, but also with the cost of increased Customer Support and the loss of unhappy consumers.  

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Dec 31, 2011, 20:09 HugeJerk

Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2011, 17:09:
Kotaku is a bunch of 'tards that continously take "edgy" positions to drive traffic to what is otherwise a really shitty website. I'm pretty sure that the "internet community", whatever that is, overwhelmingly supports Gabe for putting this fucking asshole in his place.

Creston

Exactly. This article takes that stance only to drive up page views by getting the people who will post there to call the author out on his position and then repeatedly check back to see everybody else agree with their comment.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Announced
35. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 21:29 HugeJerk

Remedy makes some fun games... and this is one that I would have pre-ordered for the PC, but since they dropped the PC release way back, I just borrowed it from a friend and played thru it on the 360. It was mostly murdering drunk hobos in the woods, so I won't be bothering to buy it for PC with it so long after the console version.  

News Comments > On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio
17. Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Nov 4, 2011, 00:47 HugeJerk

This isn't Christopher Plummer's first game. He did both filmed and VO recordings for Klingon Academy.  

News Comments > A Fool and His News 2011, Part 2
1. Re: A Fool and His News 2011, Part 2 Apr 1, 2011, 18:12 HugeJerk

Gmail Motion! http://www.google.com/mail/help/motion.html  

News Comments > Duty Calls
24. Re: Duty Calls Feb 2, 2011, 20:47 HugeJerk

Anybody else notice the hidden message if you take the first letter from each line of the "Feature List"?  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Relaxed?
39. Re: Ubisoft DRM Relaxed? Dec 31, 2010, 23:55 HugeJerk

This is more likely to eliminate the extra customer service workload caused by gamers getting a momentary drop in their connection who don't realize why their game suddenly stopped working.

I don't see their system as having any positive effect for sales.

Pirates will still wait for a crack. A portion of potential customers will avoid the purchase (or wait for a heavy discount) because of the DRM scheme. And finally, there is the extra cost of maintaining all the DRM servers and bandwidth for players connecting.

Is there really a large enough amount of "potential-pirates" that would just buy the game instead of waiting for a crack... because that's all that DRM can have a positive sales effect on.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Ships 5 Million
52. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Ships 5 Million Nov 9, 2010, 07:00 HugeJerk

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 14:13:
Great news, Obsidian have shown they know Fallout, they GET Fallout. New Vegas is such a treat, I hope they make another at some point.
I'm hoping Zenimax brings them into the fold at some point. Obsidian's writing, id's technical know-how, and Bethesda's ambitious designs (world wise anyway) could prove to be a formidable combination.

News Comments > Gearbox to Valve & MS: "Play Nice"
49. Re: Gearbox to Valve & MS: Oct 11, 2010, 00:17 HugeJerk

elefunk wrote on Oct 10, 2010, 20:27:
buhh.....you realize that this has never once actually happened, right? There has not been a single game ever released where the distribution platform you buy the game through has its own separately and entirely siloed multiplayer infrastructure.

If developers are talking about this, then it is likely what is being pushed by the digital distributors. It may have not happened yet, but that doesn't mean that it won't. It would be just another SKU to deal with to a publisher, of which they already deal with many due to limitations on content in certain countries.

News Comments > Gearbox to Valve & MS: "Play Nice"
35. Re: Gearbox to Valve & MS: "Play Nice" Oct 10, 2010, 19:27 HugeJerk

Did you guys even visit the link to read the full quote? He's talking about if you buy a game on Steam, you can't play against the guy that bought the GFWL version, and the Store Bought version might have something entirely different that doesn't allow matchmaking to work with either.

He's absolutely correct in that having too much separation for matchmaking services for one game will hurt the purchasers. Ideally, a Steam Game should be able to invite players from the Steam Friends List as well as GFWL and vice-versa.

News Comments > Neverwinter Interview
2. Re: Neverwinter Interview Sep 14, 2010, 11:36 HugeJerk

I don't think Obsidian has any involvement with the Cryptic Studios game. Did you mean Atari?  

News Comments > Alien Swarm Patched
5. Re: Alien Swarm Patched Jul 24, 2010, 18:52 HugeJerk

There is a dedicated server. Look at your tools tab in Steam.  

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM "Vital" To PC Success
37. Re: Ubisoft: DRM "Vital" To PC Success Apr 16, 2010, 13:29 HugeJerk

At the end of the day, they need to ask themselves... "Did this encourage sales?". As far as I can tell, this form of restrictive (Not allowing the owner to play the game without a constant connection) and obnoxious (Game pauses and dumps you if your connection drops) has only had a negative impact on sales.

I am one of those who would have bought the game, I own AC1 and enjoyed its gameplay, but I can't see the value in paying a higher amount than normal for a game that restricts my ability to use it where I want.

In my opinion, if Ubi wants to keep this restriction in place, then the game should be priced appropriately... around $20 max.

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM Will "Evolve"
31. Re: Ubisoft: DRM Will "Evolve" Apr 10, 2010, 18:47 HugeJerk

I bought AC1, I'd like to buy AC2 (once it isn't at a retarded price), but I refuse to do so because of the restrictive and obnoxious DRM scheme.  

News Comments > Cancelled Fallout Extreme Details
15. Re: Cancelled Fallout Extreme Details Jan 27, 2010, 20:08 HugeJerk

Rigs wrote on Jan 27, 2010, 17:56:
Another 'dead' title from 14 Degrees East. I will never, NEVER forgive Interplay and their despot CEO Brian Fargo for what they did to the Klingon Academy dev team.
=-Rigs-=

I was on that team, but left after getting jerked around on back pay.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2009, 13:33 HugeJerk

In regards to the MW2 boycott shot, there's a ton of people that like to join the boycott groups just to call the other people "fags" or other clever words because that's just how the internet works.  

News Comments > Casual Star Wars MMOG Rumor
7. Re: Casual Star Wars MMOG Rumor Sep 4, 2009, 18:13 HugeJerk

The Clone Wars style is perfect for a casual kids game... I just wish they hadn't done it to the Bioware MMO. Sure, it's not all the way Clone Wars style, but it's clearly trying to be cartoony.  

News Comments > Champions Online Discount Subs Return
31. Re: CO Discount Subs Return Aug 28, 2009, 05:21 HugeJerk

There are many games out there which are published by Atari. They are not developing the game. They have no creative input into the game. Cryptic are in the driving seat. Not Atari.

My problem with the association with Atari has nothing to do with the content and everything to do with their ability to pull the plug. However I did play City of Heroes and had first hand exposure to the lack of content and support while Jack Emmeret was in charge of the game.

You have extremely selecting reading skills then. Or perhaps you just take notice of the comments that validate your pre-conceived notions. Or you could have played it yourself and made up your own mind ... but I'm pretty sure that you already have made up your own mind without any hard facts.

Nope. I listen to friends who's opinions I trust that had fileplanet subs. Your opinion however is completely meaningless to me.

38 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo