Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin Lowe

Real Name Kevin Lowe   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2009, 02:05
Total Comments 193 (Novice)
User ID 54930

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Retail Unit for Oculus Rift Backers
11. Re: Free Retail Unit for Oculus Rift Backers Jan 6, 2016, 08:20 Kevin Lowe

Overon wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 22:56:
Did they mitigate the simulation sickness problem somehow?
They did for me. Everyone is unique, though, and your hardware performance and the design of the game you're playing are factors too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
17. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 17:21 Kevin Lowe

moogleslam wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 16:10:

Haven't tried DK2, but DK1 sure made me sick!
DK1 made me ill, but I'm able to use DK2 with no ill effects.

News Comments > Descent Royalty Dispute
7. Re: Descent Royalty Dispute Dec 30, 2015, 15:13 Kevin Lowe

verybad1 wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 14:14:
Uhh, Descent had it's day, but is there seriously ANY purpose for having a concern about money from those old games now? I can't imagine playing them now myself, they're just TOO effing old...
Why not? It's practically free money. There are plenty of people who still love old games, myself included, and will pay a token sum for someone to slickly package them up for modern PCs.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
25. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 28, 2015, 08:20 Kevin Lowe

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 12:51:
Good. I'll pirate this fucker out of spite for Microsoft and the bullshit exclusivity. Bring it on.
I don't see how you're entitled to someone else's work for free just because you don't like their business decisions.

News Comments > Legacy of the Void Sells 1M
13. Re: Legacy of the Void Sells 1M Nov 14, 2015, 09:58 Kevin Lowe

JeffD wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 21:16:
Wish they would release a trilogy pack already, not spending $80 to play em all. -_-
They did.

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/starcraft-ii-complete-collection

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar
16. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar Nov 11, 2015, 18:52 Kevin Lowe

I always get a kick out of the "stop liking what I don't like" -fest that accompanies every annual release of Call of Duty. It's like an early Christmas present.  

News Comments > On Metal Gear Solid's Future
4. Re: On Metal Gear Solid's Future Nov 3, 2015, 16:50 Kevin Lowe

Sell the IP to MS while it's still worth something. They'd pay.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
30. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Nov 1, 2015, 11:43 Kevin Lowe

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 09:42:
Butthurt small penis console gamer with a severe case of big penis master race envy detected.

It's OK, dude, just make yourself believe that size does not matter and you will be alright!
This must be that "more mature community" that I keep hearing about.

News Comments > The Crew: Wild Run Closed Beta Begins
5. Re: The Crew: Wild Run Closed Beta Begins Oct 15, 2015, 21:35 Kevin Lowe

Tried the beta for the first one. Was about as much fun as doing my taxes.  

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Early Access Next Week
1. Re: Ashes of the Singularity Early Access Next Week Oct 13, 2015, 18:43 Kevin Lowe

Still can't fathom giving money to Brad Wardell. Need a shower now.  

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
49. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 18:38 Kevin Lowe

Cutter wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 16:32:

Yeah, complex and challenging shooters with editors, custom UIs, server tools, etc. Who the fuck needs that garbage? Yeah life is so much easier when the corporate overlords remove choices for you and you don't have to think about anything, right?

Jesus Christ. Rolleyes
It's entertainment. If I want a complex and engaging challenge with myriad choices and consequences, I'll go to work.

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
111. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 2, 2015, 11:04 Kevin Lowe

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 08:38:
Slinkycatz wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 01:02:
Before you guys continue to embarrass yourselves further... this story has begun to implode.

So called Anonymous sources discovered

You really are pathetic, Derek. A bunch of anonymous posts to Glassdoor all in the last week, when previous entries were months apart, all using your language you've been using against CIG? And then you point a poor reporter to these 'anonymous sources'?

You really must have been imagining you were so smart that no one else would catch on to that. A thousand Picards are facepalming right now.

Who cares what comes out of Derek? The important point is that Star Citizen is just an obvious scam to make Chris Roberts rich.

278 Employees, that screams 38 studios all over again. They are not managing their money. Been on too many projects to know that only top knotch management skills can handle that many and not well at that.

If you have not figured it out yet, you have been majorly ripped off, just like 38 studios did with Rhode Island.
That's not the only possibility. Roberts could also be a well-intentioned visionary running the place into the ground.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
25. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 29, 2015, 13:32 Kevin Lowe

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 13:18:
Shorter Rockstar, or TL;DR version:

"Fuck you, PC gamers."
Surely you understand the difference between a business decision and a personal insult?

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up
33. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 27, 2015, 12:20 Kevin Lowe

Krovven wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 05:39:

He lied about his PhD. He was caught by Blue using multiple forum accounts to make posts supporting his nonsense. One of his blog posts recently attacking Erin Roberts suggested she had used a false name in the past and used a clip of a movie where she was called by another name as evidence. He is a nutjob.

Yes, please tell me more about this Erin Roberts, and what names she's gone by in the past.

News Comments > MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8
37. Re: MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8 Sep 24, 2015, 10:57 Kevin Lowe

Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 23:32:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 21:06:
Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 15:39:
"Hey, you know how we screwed you over with this crappy DRM that rarely worked right? Well, we're turning it off now, so that you will again be screwed over.

By the way, we have a new operating system available. Don't you want it?"

Microsoft didn't make SafeDisc. Can we get some people who actually know what they're talking about around here?

It might help if you learn to read. I never said that they made it. They did release games with it when they still published PC games. Now they turn off the driver hook that it works with, basically breaking those games unless you feel confident you can somehow find a cracked .exe without 6 viruses in it.

As opposed to leaving an exploit vector open. Security is a good thing.

29. Re: MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8 Sep 23, 2015, 21:06 Kevin Lowe

Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 15:39:
"Hey, you know how we screwed you over with this crappy DRM that rarely worked right? Well, we're turning it off now, so that you will again be screwed over.

By the way, we have a new operating system available. Don't you want it?"

Microsoft didn't make SafeDisc. Can we get some people who actually know what they're talking about around here?

13. Re: MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8 Sep 23, 2015, 13:10 Kevin Lowe

Julio wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 11:03:
Microsoft is taking everything they can out of Windows 7 to try to force that steaming pile of shit Windows 10 upon us.
Ummm... Windows 10 already had this taken out at launch.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2015, 07:59 Kevin Lowe

Quboid wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 20:31:
How much is it worth playing MGS: Ground Zeroes before starting The Phantom Pain?

I bought both at the same time and I've played a few GZ missions (the story mission, rescuing Hideo, blowing up AAA, assassinating 2 officers). It is only 16% completed but if much of the rest is stuff like marking enemies quickly, I think I can live without it. I don't know what carries over between the games.
It's probably worth it to go back and extract the two officers instead of assassinating them. The same goes for the intel tape mission; extract your contact (and the other guy; no spoilers). Those two things should take half an hour on normal (haven't tried them on hard). You can ignore the marker challenges.

News Comments > Steam Top Nine
13. Re: Steam Top Nine Sep 6, 2015, 19:26 Kevin Lowe

Undocumented Alien wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 17:44:

But it seemed to "normalize" once I got out of the hospital and now feels like a regular combat game, although I guess that could change at any time. I'm only about ~ 2 hours into it but I can say the graphics are stunning, the gameplay is pretty realistic (nme's will come to find you), and the Open World is fun to tackle problems with. May have to go back and play some earlier versions of Metal Gear at some point. But am enjoying the TPP experience so far.
If you're enjoying it:

Stop now, get Ground Zeroes, and play through the missions, extracting whoever you can. The ones to make sure that you get are Glaz, Palitz, and Hideo; the two intel operatives are optional. Once the servers are up and running, upload your save from GZ and import it into TPP. It'll be a nice little boost to your Mother Base staff, starting around Mission 6 or so.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
26. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 12:38 Kevin Lowe

Verno wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 10:10:
Using a server browser on the consoles is fine and a lot of them like dedicated servers now that they can see the advantages. Its an arguing point for PS4/Xbox people on forums. They just didn't know better before hand.
Dedicated servers and server browsers are not inextricably tied together. Personally, I prefer skills-based matchmaking onto ad hoc dedicated servers, and the massive amount of cloud computing out there makes this model cheap and easy to support. Rather than have a few people or groups shell out the money for a single dedicated server to support a single game (at a time), just spin up virtual machines as needed, then drop them when the session has finished.

193 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo