Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin Lowe

Real Name Kevin Lowe   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2009, 02:05
Total Comments 174 (Novice)
User ID 54930

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
26. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 12:38 Kevin Lowe

Verno wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 10:10:
Using a server browser on the consoles is fine and a lot of them like dedicated servers now that they can see the advantages. Its an arguing point for PS4/Xbox people on forums. They just didn't know better before hand.
Dedicated servers and server browsers are not inextricably tied together. Personally, I prefer skills-based matchmaking onto ad hoc dedicated servers, and the massive amount of cloud computing out there makes this model cheap and easy to support. Rather than have a few people or groups shell out the money for a single dedicated server to support a single game (at a time), just spin up virtual machines as needed, then drop them when the session has finished.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homeworld ReMacStered
9. Re: Homeworld ReMacStered Aug 9, 2015, 18:33 Kevin Lowe

verybad1 wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 14:11:
Sorry, wasn't aware I couldn't joke about Macs here. Thinking
It'd be easier to tell that you were joking if you were actually funny. Try it sometime.

News Comments > Homeworld ReMacStered
7. Re: Homeworld ReMacStered Aug 9, 2015, 10:07 Kevin Lowe

verybad1 wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 12:58:
But why the hell would they waste time making it for Macs *shudder* (sorry, I just hate Apple, personal thing)
Because their money is worth exactly the same amount as yours. Get used to it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 27, 2015, 12:14 Kevin Lowe

Hammond, Indiana, not Hammond, Illinois. I'm trying to picture a rap festival in Hammond, IL; I just don't see that working.  

News Comments > Gears of War Ultimate on PC After Xbox
16. Re: Gears of War Ultimate on PC After Xbox Jul 23, 2015, 12:24 Kevin Lowe

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 12:06:
And that doesn't change the fact that DX12 was designed around the XB1 rather than on advancing PC gaming.
What specific implementation details lead you to this conclusion?

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
72. Re: On Star Citizen Jul 21, 2015, 19:40 Kevin Lowe

feral.fury wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 17:31:

Star Trek was all about exploration of space and exploration of humanity...I think Elite:D is missing the humanity part
The most recent Elite expansion consists of a bunch of people fucking each other over using everyone as faceless pawns. If that's not humanity, then I don't know what is.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
118. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 23:41 Kevin Lowe

Kxmode wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 22:23:
Star Citizen zealots can't leave us alone in peace. Fine! Go ahead consume all the oxygen here. I'm going to watch Space Jam.
People who like Star Citizen won't leave you alone in the comments of a post about Star Citizen? That's odd.

News Comments > Batman Console DLC This Month
15. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 3, 2015, 22:00 Kevin Lowe

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 21:15:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 21:01:
What does it matter when it was finished?

Ah well I think one of the points the mob had there was you took parts of the final game out and sold it to us again as DLC. So if it were done at the time the game was released that was a no-no. One may or may no agree with that, but I think that was a common comment on it.
To maximize DLC sales, the first content pack needs to be out before the first wave of trade-ins. That means getting it into certification near or before the game's release date. For a multiplayer game the window could be longer (Destiny, Call of Duty), but for a single player game, that content needs to be ready ASAP.

12. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 3, 2015, 21:01 Kevin Lowe

What does it matter when it was finished?  

8. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 3, 2015, 20:41 Kevin Lowe

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 11:19:
Just in case there was any confusion what priority Rocksteady has (hint: It's not fixing the PC version)
Please explain what the work of WB Montreal, a separate studio, has to do with Rocksteady's priorities.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 30, 2015, 09:45 Kevin Lowe

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 09:38:
MGS5 is coming for pc right? Because that gameplay demo looked at the very least.. awesome Not awesome enough to buy "was outdated on release" hardware called consoles though ^^
September 15th.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
47. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 19:51 Kevin Lowe

Overon wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 19:09:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 18:59:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 14:18:
I reserve the right to steal
I think this one line pretty much sums you up as a human being.
Would you say the same thing if he said something like "I reserve the right to steal if I get desperate enough"?
Yes. Because it wasn't the stealing that's so revealing; it's that he thinks it's a right.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
44. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 18:59 Kevin Lowe

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 14:18:
I reserve the right to steal
I think this one line pretty much sums you up as a human being.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
52. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 12:06 Kevin Lowe

Luke wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 05:26:
Yes on spysteam and only on spysteam , that is not ALL pc gamers , jezz ya all think steam is the only place to play Clown 's
Doesn't mean it's inaccurate; you can get pretty reliable results from fairly small sample sizes. The question is, what factors (if any) would skew Steam's numbers relative to the overall population?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Spring Patch
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Spring Patch May 27, 2015, 15:01 Kevin Lowe

Xero wrote on May 27, 2015, 14:24:

Does anyone really get their jollies off bot gameplay these days? I honestly thought it was a thing of the past to make up for our lack of internet connections or PC's that can handle a good size multi.

Nowadays, bots don't cut it IMO. Heck, in Counter Strike GO, you do a warmup round with bots until all players join the matchup (5vs5), and man do those bots suck. I can't wait till they all disappear and get filled with real players. Makes me forget the days I actually enjoyed messing around with the bad AI bots in games.

With all that said, I think this patch will bring me back to BF4 after quite a hiatus I went on after falling back in love with CS Go.
I'll take bots over the average server inhabitant any day. They don't grief, they don't team stack, they don't rage quit, they don't idle, they don't sing into the mic, they just play the game.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
17. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 13:32 Kevin Lowe

El Pit wrote on May 18, 2015, 12:21:
We, from nVidia, have worked closely with CDProject to give GeForce owners the perfect gaming experience with The Witcher 3. CDProject informed us of their image quality downgrade to give console owners a better experience (to quote a console owner: "Waaaaah! My PS4 ruuuuuuuules! Witcher 3 must look bad or even better worse on a pc than on my PS4! Waaaaaaah!"), and therefore our new Witcher 3 gaming enhancement drivers will underclock your GPU and turn off half of your video card memory. Experience the same frame stuttering that proud console owners will love! Remember: We at nVidia and CDproject LOVE pc gamers!
As a console gamer, I really don't get this. Where are these people complaining when a PC version looks better than a console version? Do they actually exist, or are you just assuming that that's what we think?

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
42. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 25, 2015, 08:51 Kevin Lowe

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 02:31:
In a real space sim they should actually just disable mouse and keyboard as soon as you leave the main menu and the game engine starts loading. Fuck the casual n00bs who can't fly for shit!

^ zero sarcasm included by the way. Seriously. Fuck casual n00blets who want a Space Invaders action clickfest or Call of Duty in space instead of a sim.

HOTAS FTW! It's the only way. The only pure way for the enlightened ones. The way of the pros. My way...
So I assume that you're flying FA off 100% of the time? I mean, fuck casual n00bs who can't handle Newtonian physics from the moment they undock, right? This is a space sim, not casual trash like X-Wing, Wing Commander, or Freespace!

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
30. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:49 Kevin Lowe

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:36:

You are joking, but a USB drive delivery option seems like a good idea. 100GB is a mighty big download.
USB distribution has been included in pledge packages from the beginning.

News Comments > Descent Reboot Kickstarter
32. Re: Descent Reboot Kickstarter Mar 11, 2015, 10:10 Kevin Lowe

"Sadly, as consoles took over"
Which Descent game is he thinking of that wasn't on consoles? Even its weird cousin Forsaken was on consoles.

News Comments > Op Ed
79. Re: Op Ed Feb 28, 2015, 09:36 Kevin Lowe

What is Sarkeesian doing that constitutes "bullying" vs. ordinary pressure?  

174 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo