Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin Lowe

Real Name Kevin Lowe   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2009, 02:05
Total Comments 66 (Suspect)
User ID 54930

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
15. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 6, 2014, 16:28 Kevin Lowe

GL1zdA wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 14:55:
Recommended Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz?! There are exactly 2 Intel CPUs with this performance (3770K and 4770K).
Where the hell did I get this 4930K from, then?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway
21. Re: Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway Feb 5, 2014, 14:56 Kevin Lowe

Sepharo wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 11:57:

Yeah Ubisoft saying, "Our own service is so shitty that we don't want to ruin our potentially hit game with it."

Ubisoft has a long history of that though (changing mind on DRM). At least they aren't too stubborn about it.
It seems more likely that this is Ubisoft recognizing that the game was most likely already built with Steamworks (THQ used it extensively towards the end) and not incurring additional risk by replacing it.

Or we could toss out this perfectly reasonable hypothesis and go with whatever just dribbled out of your mouth. That'll work too.

News Comments > PC GTA5 Preorders This Week?
12. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 19:49 Kevin Lowe

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:55:
Thanks to the whole pretentious secrecy and retarded artificial drama I'm gonna pirate this fucker just to spite those assholes at R* and T2! HARHARAAARRR MATEY!
And you're entitled to do this because...? If you don't like their business decisions, then don't give them your money. But if you pirate the game, you're just reinforcing the piracy narrative.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
40. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 16:32 Kevin Lowe

ItBurn wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 11:36:
One question though. Where the hell is all this money coming from?
People spending $5k on spaceships. I spent a tenth of that and my wife is ready to kill me.

News Comments > LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen
12. Re: LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen Jun 14, 2013, 13:09 Kevin Lowe

|oR|jonvall wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 11:06:
Obviously you guys aren't businessmen. I, on the other hand, am and business is often done at the bar. Get your prospect liquored up a bit and it's easier to get contracts signed and agreements made.
I'm not a businessman, but are you a programmer? Because if you want to impress someone, you show them the working product. I can't think of a product walkthrough I've ever done where I needed the source with me.

News Comments > LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen
1. Re: LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen Jun 14, 2013, 10:07 Kevin Lowe

Is there a good reason to carry your source code with you to a trade show? And to the pool bar, at that?  

News Comments > Stardock Plans "At Least" Two Game Announcements
15. Re: Stardock Plans Apr 10, 2013, 19:19 Kevin Lowe

Yeah, after the Glenn Beck thing, I'm not interested in his products. He was right about being free to take his business where he wishes, but that means everyone else does too.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Bug Hunt" DLC Revealed?
15. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 10:36 Kevin Lowe

El Pit wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 10:03:
I can wait for the complete game (nowadays called "Ultimate Edition" or "Game of the Year Edition") to drop down to $20. That will be my message to nickel and dime EA.
The game is published by Sega. What does EA have to do with this?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage Trailer
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage Trailer Nov 20, 2012, 20:18 Kevin Lowe

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 14:20:
Shouldn't it be Torque?
No. Play the game.

News Comments > Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets
7. Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Jul 10, 2012, 21:58 Kevin Lowe

Bet wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 21:07:
This does imply a Halo 4 PC release, correct?
Not necessarily; could just be SmartGlass.

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Beta - Monthly Driver Releases Ending
5. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Beta - Monthly Driver Releases Ending May 31, 2012, 23:05 Kevin Lowe

To me, this was really an advantage of ATI's, but now they're admitting they're in the same boat as Nvidia and can't keep up with new game releases.  

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday?
58. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 6, 2012, 10:21 Kevin Lowe

Acleacius wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 08:34:
I'd be happier if they fixed the damn consolized crappy UI.

They had to release the textures of the vanilla version, to drive up console sales. Just another bullshit trick they use to make consoles seem like a bigger market.
What incentive do they have to do that? They'd make more per-copy driving customers to Steam, if anything.

News Comments > Bethesda v. Interplay Dismissal?
11. Re: Bethesda v. Interplay Dismissal? Jan 6, 2012, 10:40 Kevin Lowe

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 14:32:
Anyone a Bethsoft stock holder?
Unlikely, since its corporate parent is privately owned.

News Comments > Skyrim LAA Patch
25. Re: Skyrim LLA Patch Dec 21, 2011, 08:21 Kevin Lowe

Overon wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 00:36:
Large Address Aware, is that necessary for a 64 bit Windows system? I mean do you need to have that on even on a 64 bit Windows system?
The LAA flag basically tells 64-bit Windows (or certain 32-bit configurations) that the developers say it's okay for this program to go over 2GB without address bugs. Otherwise it stays inside of 2GB, even when the system has more addressable memory available.

A 64-bit program wouldn't need the flag, but a 32-bit one still does.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch This Week
9. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 4, 2011, 21:51 Kevin Lowe

CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 18:56:
Wish there was a way that servers could filter out players over certain ranks. It sucks that I can't dedicate my life to this game and am only rank 8 and get my ass handed to me constantly by 35+ers out there.
What I'd like would be skill-based matchmaking onto dedicated servers. Given that a dedicated server slot costs around $1.25, I would think that server providers could profitably provide such a service for around $10 a year, if they had enough customers for economy of scale to kick in. Basically, I'd be reserving a portable slot within a pool of servers, instead of a slot belonging to a specific server and the group that rents it. It'd be like having 3 or 4 different Xbox Lives to choose from, competing on oversubscribed capacity level or the size of their player list (larger list == higher probability of an ideal skill match).

BF3 already calculates a skill level (it's used for matchmaking on consoles, but is also visible on PC), so it wouldn't be too hard to bolt on a matchmaking server. Add federated authentication to Origin so that we can manage our RSP account from a single sign on, and it gets even easier.

News Comments > Subversion on Hold, New Introversion Project Revealed
3. Re: Subversion on Hold, New Introversion Project Revealed Oct 18, 2011, 12:40 Kevin Lowe

Seems like the core game should have been to turn this on its head, and have the player design vaults and challenge others to complete them in the fastest time.

Oh well; on to Monaco.

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
112. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 09:10 Kevin Lowe

Bhruic wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 04:40:
No, that's not what he's saying at all, try reading the article again.

I did. He specifically said they didn't put the same amount of resources into the PC version. And then he specifically said that a game built with a tenth of the resources is inferior. If he didn't mean to imply that they spent a tenth of the resources on the PC version, he shouldn't have brought it up. Because there's no other reason to use that stupid "tenth the resources" line.

Or, to put it differently, if you spend the same amount of resources on all platforms, and one platform is 10 times as powerful, the one that is 10 times as powerful should be the best platform.
You read it wrong. He's saying that, if Rage had been PC exclusive, it would have had a much smaller budget, and that he'd rather have the budget to realize his team's vision, even if it means a rough launch like this one.

You can agree or disagree, but at least read what he's saying before doing so.

News Comments > Syndicate-Inspired Cartel Revealed
16. Re: Syndicate-Inspired Cartel Revealed Sep 21, 2011, 17:22 Kevin Lowe

I'll take one of each, please. I have no problem with what EA is doing to Syndicate, but I'm just as happy to have someone else take up the mantle.  

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears
27. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 15:07 Kevin Lowe

Another good fix for the sniper would be to require enough space to level your rifle for it to be usable. The same should go for LMGs. It'd be great to see specific carbine-wielding squads for building entry.  

66 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo