Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pyloff

Real Name Pyloff   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2009, 15:27
Total Comments 115 (Novice)
User ID 54920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Sep 4, 2013, 16:54 Pyloff

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjIuPSuYSOY

Patrice does a good job with a similar controversial topic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls II Next March
48. Re: Dark Souls II Next March Jun 4, 2013, 17:42 Pyloff

I can't wait for this.

All this ass hurting makes me chuckle. If you played the game online I'm sure you had hints everywhere. Hints on where to stand, where to look, where to find hidden doors. I would have had to be blind to miss everything.

Safe spot... written within area where the dragon fire doesn't reach. Tough enemy ahead where the iron boar was hiding. Beware of ambush where 3 skeleton solders were hiding. C'mon guys they gave us ez mode. Sure some comments were talking about jumping off of stupid places but you should only try that if you don't care about dying.

Can't wait x2. No spoiler run through first time. I hope I eat my controller.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
40. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 18:36 Pyloff

Hellbinder wrote on May 29, 2013, 14:15:
what possible reason could they have for wanting to make huge design and technology changes to the game now?? after so many years?

Honestly why do companies do this?? I am sure Titan is fine the way it is and heck its probably awesome. I guarantee you they do not need to change the game design or the technology.

The question is what clueless suit wearing douche-bag walked in and made such a retarded decision.

You can't be that naive.

The suit walked in said let's ship this pile of shit already and the one honest guy with ballz of steel stopped the freight train. Their only redemption is they haven't married it to a massive expensive marketing campaign with a vague release date.

News Comments > Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal
50. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 19:28 Pyloff

Glad to see this one doing so well. I'm hoping my boxed collector editions of my kickstarts generate some value as I'm playing them.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare
41. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare Oct 4, 2012, 22:25 Pyloff

Don't start with me right now. I already crafted a partial list of my RPG's.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare
32. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare Oct 4, 2012, 18:14 Pyloff

Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:07:
I know, but come on... DA:O was fucking AMAZING. I mean, that's likely in my top 5 RPGs of all time
Creston

I can not wrap my head around this statement. I realize it is an opinion but still. I had to comment Disappointed

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance: Crossfire
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance: Crossfire Oct 1, 2012, 19:20 Pyloff

I'm just whip-shy from all the JA reboots, the 2 originals from Sir-Tech are easily in my top 5 game list. The rest, eh.

I just downloaded the demo of X-Com. I shall judge for myself.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Mentioned
57. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 18:28 Pyloff

Wow a lot of anger in this thread.

I am enjoying the game quite a bit, after I turned my TV to game mode the input lag decreased considerably (yes I'm playing on a PS3, I enjoy shooters from a recliner) I had thought it was broken, but I always forget about the damn TV settings. I'm happy with my load out and weapon drops at this point but I'm only level 17 so nowhere near endgame.

I can't wrap my head around co-op. It seems like it would only be fun in a LAN setting, which would explain some reviews I've seen. I generate much less cash and weapons in public games. I've seen massive amounts of hoovering where items disappear after I thought I had picked them up, I'm guessing from lag. Everyone in a mad dash towards the story mission, or they stand around doing nothing.
The story is terribly hard to follow since most events happen off screen because I just happen to be in the wrong place, or they already know where to go. So I stopped playing multiplayer.

Other than that pretty decent game.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Mentioned
54. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 18:13 Pyloff

PropheT wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 17:45:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 16:13:
Hyperion weapons don't degrade accuracy over time, though, they improve; The first shot has greatly reduced accuracy, it's the later ones that have the dead-center spread to them.

The longer you hold the trigger, the more accurate they get. It usually only takes a few bullets to draw a bead on 100% accuracy, so with something like an SMG or AR with a decent sized magazine Hyperion weapons can be pretty good.

The Hyperion smg's are my favorite weapon. If you don't mind emptying a clip it is enjoyable. I also use the assault rifles quite a bit. Found a few with 70+ ammo capacity. Got a nice one with corrosive makes quick work of armored targets and mobs that charge at me with little down time.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance: Crossfire Sep 27, 2012, 19:41 Pyloff

I don't see the remake of XCom being any different.  

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance: Crossfire Sep 27, 2012, 17:38 Pyloff

Says "offering a boxed version"  

News Comments > Darkfall: Unholy Wars Announced
7. Re: Darkfall: Unholy Wars Announced Sep 19, 2012, 19:22 Pyloff

Not that it really matters but they raised the skill gains by a factor of 10 in June I think and it still didn't make it any more fun or interesting since the community in that game is so terrible.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 16:38 Pyloff

Poorly explained to the international community? I would be shocked if people in america were unsure about the reasons for the holiday.  

News Comments > Age of Conan Update Plans
9. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 16:36 Pyloff

Is this F2P yet? One of the first MMO's I nearly hit max level at.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Rolling Out
52. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 22, 2012, 17:50 Pyloff

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 11:56:
Sorry to hear so many tales of woe, but I've put about 5-6 hours into this current patch, with my WD and Barb, and I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

Witch Doctor has been buffed immensely, in my opinion. Not only are pets actually viable in inferno(WD is steamrolling Act 2 now, in MF gear) but they fixed all the animation lag issues for the Witch Doctor attacks, as far as I can tell. Aka casting Ghost Bomb doesn't take a century, it's about as fast as a wizard or DH cast, in terms of animation time. I actually had a 90+ kill spree on my WD with a pet/Acid Rain/Ghost Bomb build, in one of the Kulle bodypart dungeons(Act 2 Inferno).

Compare that to patch 1.03, when my WD was running for his life just trying to kill 1 elite, I'm killing 2-3 at a time now with ease. Arguably my WD is my strongest character now, it's crazy.

Barbarian didn't get quite as good of a buff, but I'm actually progressing with a DPS/Seismic Slam build in Act 3 Inferno, so I can't complain.

I'm going to try out the monk changes today, but my monk is relatively undergeared compared to my WD/Barb.

No RMAH, no GAH use by the way, aside from buying some Tomes of Secrets on the GAH when I first got to Inferno!

Note: Got one of the new legendaries also, but it's a level 52(50?) shield, Centurion or something. It's ok, my DH might use it briefly.

Also, softcore only for me, the netcode/hitbox code doesn't lead me to want to risk the rage-related computer damage of Hardcore.

*EDIT* WD is paragon level 2 already, ruby in the helm socket of course.

It is nice the WD has more than 1 or 2 viable builds now, but the game is still boring. Killing stuff easier just doesn't interest me.

Once they implement a more random map generator call me. I don't like knowing what direction everything is.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed
27. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 18:02 Pyloff

MattyC wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 17:06:
Exactly, though oddly most of the people complaining about it really claimed to have loved D1 & D2. It was always an item drop hunt (or ladder grind if that was your thing). Not sure what games these people played, but they certainly weren't Diablo titles.

I played D2 for the random.

The game was fun because I could get lost in a dungeon and be rewarded for it. Accidentally hitting a barrel would provide an item that was invaluable. Or finding a weird combination of skills on a boss I would split the pack and work them down (these days called kiting). They built a game that was fun in itself, not an afterthought.

The current blizzard model is to piecemeal out an experience while catering to the topper or rather the end game enthusist. The game industry is too fond of their elite players, and the top tier end game enthuists. Those folks drive the media and blogs turning the actual content that was enjoyable into a race to see who could bypass it the quickest. D3 is a product of that mentality. Carefully crafting a game that would "setup the players for an endgame that is longlasting and relationally worthwhile".

I'm not one of those players and hence I don't play online competitively anymore. I prefer to enjoy a game; avoid walkthroughs and spoilers and really involve myself in the storyline.

Sorry for the wall of text, but D3 team has proven they wanted to be very conservitave in their itemization. They go to such lengths to dribble out mathematic facts about the engine and logic they used to determine gameplay. This is a smoke screen for the fact that they unveiled a marketplace and are very worried about the $$$ that roll in. They were not creating a trade space to benefit the player. This was a viable source of income that would make them all rich. Maybe they were in the first revision but now it is just the waterfall model.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed
7. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 16:19 Pyloff

Wow this is exactly what I was waiting for. Replaying the game 4 times wasn't enough, I needed another hamster wheel to jump on.

This reminds me of Warhammer online with the player level and the PvP level. So much fun.

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.04 Details
26. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Details Aug 15, 2012, 18:28 Pyloff

I know more about the mechanics of this game than any I've actually played for a long term and devoted myself to; I haven't sought out any of it beyond reading articles on Blue's and other sites. Not a beta player but I did buy day one.

I don't care what ilvl something is. I'm not concerned with drop rates or any other arcane internal logic. I was looking for a fun albeit mindless game to kill time with. They delivered a 15 hour game with a marketplace.

Just seems like a huge smoke screen to distract from the fact that their proof of concept auction house game didn't shatter every record for entertainment since the invention of the transistor.

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
70. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 20:54 Pyloff

Why doesn't anyone point out the draconian update measures Steam forces on it's consumers.

I had sworn off the platform however the discounts were unavoidable.

Why can't they leave all versions open and have a opt in process for which version to play. The underground sharing of exe's in the forums?

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
47. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jul 31, 2012, 20:16 Pyloff

AC topped the dung heap of MMO's. Large world fun to run around in. Very limited instances, no stacked instances of zones. Monthly events. No classes. Jump was a skill that paid off One full PvP server. $10 a month sub fee. No weird level based damage limit (attacking something too high level being impossible) Too bad they didn't make a true sequel to it.

AC2 was a stinker.

Why don't any new AAA MMO titles try any of these? From what I've read SWOTROWRS is just a WoW ripoff.

115 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo