Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Graham

Real Name Graham   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Graham
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Don't hate the game. Hate the hater.
Homepage http://spacecaptainisawesome.ca
Signed On Apr 4, 2009, 18:55
Total Comments 148 (Novice)
User ID 54873

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > 1666 "Suspended"
2. Re: 1666 May 15, 2013, 20:07 Graham

Hey Ubisoft,

I wrote a novel called 1666. Call me, I have a plot that's ready-made for this; the damned thing started as an idea for a survival horror game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Trading Cards Beta
16. Re: Steam Trading Cards Beta May 15, 2013, 19:57 Graham

DOTA 2 is the only thing I play anymore.

I'm okay with this.

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
38. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 17:53 Graham

I should have known how bad it was going to get when they killed off Deckard Cain in the first act. I didn't realize quite how bad it was going to get until the final fight, mind you.

After getting to Act 3 inferno and hitting a wall it started to set in: I'd taken time off work for less than nothing.

On the upside, I got a kitten that week, and it's his one year anniversary of living with me. Little man is getting himself a fishcake in the shape of Jay Wilson - blob-like, with no heart.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2013, 11:32 Graham

I create scripts, creative briefs, and notes on an iPad mini daily.

I wrote half a novel on one (my first novel is called 1666, you can find it on Amazon).

Bill ain't right here. Pages is always in the top 10 paid apps for iPad. Looks like he's trying to acquire a reality distortion field of his own.``````

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
30. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 13:23 Graham

Jerykk wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 12:45:
How does a combat system even work without hitpoints?

"You have been cut to the quick, your honour has been bismirched and you have a bruise on your cheek."

"I pick up the glove and return the slap, calling him a dandy."

News Comments > Counter-Strike Global Offensive Adding Paid Community Support?
2. Re: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Adding Paid Community Support? Mar 21, 2013, 20:52 Graham

Valve does a ridiculously good job of putting cash into the hands of people who make things. I bought the map support pack in TF because, shit, the fun I've had on those maps? They deserve the cash.  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Alpha Gameplay Trailer
16. Re: Shadowrun Returns Alpha Gameplay Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 15:40 Graham

Creston wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 12:39:
Wooooooooooooooooooo... *deep breath* ooooooooooooooooooooT!

Creston

I couldn't agree more. I got an email from the team through Kickstarter giving people the opportunity to bump their pledge up. I'm gonna send them another $150 this afternoon to voice how pleased I am.

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
9. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 19:21 Graham

ITT: none of the millions of people who will buy, play, or enjoy Destiny.

It sucks that PC isn't the lead platform for this, but he's right in that Halo did kick off the era of the console FPS. Many of the things that we, as PC gamers, hate stem are listed as bullet points in that paragraph above.

But you must admit that it made them rich, and has helped to put gaming into the living rooms of a hell of a lot of people across North America and Europe. We can get all neckbeardy about it, but it doesn't make him any less correct. The only really debatable part of the quote above is that "because no one wants to..." Now that one is definitely up for grabs.

News Comments > World of Warcraft 5.2 Details
3. Re: World of Warcraft 5.2 Details Feb 1, 2013, 18:38 Graham

Asmodai wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 18:32:
I made the enormous mistake of letting a friend talking me in to coming back and playing.

I literally didn't make it to 3 weeks of the first month. MoP is atrocious.

I found the opposite. Had a good time leveling to 90, enjoyed the Heroic dungeons. Raid Finder is fun, and I'm enjoying the Dominance Offensive storyline. Very much looking forward to 5.2.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 26, 2012, 20:02 Graham

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 10:50:
Anyone that wastes money on an ipad has a screw loose. They are so limited atm with what you can do with them. Give me a laptop any day in the week.

Masterful trolling, 10/10 would lol again.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2012, 18:21 Graham

Are we paying attention to this douchenozzle again?

Blue, I know it's decent linkbait, but come on. This guy is the poor man's Derek Smart.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends
16. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 20, 2012, 03:01 Graham

edaciousx wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 02:54:
Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 01:09:
Trolling? Oh please. Everyone knows I'm virtually always right on these calls. Just wait and see. I'll be laughing my ass off then. You clowns are such suckers sometimes. It's a wonder you don't get duped more often. Sorry if that pisses you off but it's not my fault and I'm certainly not trolling. Learn to cope with your shortcomings.

Why don't you put your name to use and do us all a favor.

This one took me a second. I was like... put your name to... OHHhhhhh.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2
29. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 13, 2012, 01:45 Graham

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 01:35:
finga wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 00:01:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 22:34:
less pseudo-religious 'chosen one' stuff.
Which the Mass Effect series didn't do. Not even a little bit. Shepard had no prophecy, no special birthright, no magical powers above anyone else's.

Yeah the hero named Shepard, who dies and is resurrected, wages war with Legion, and then sacrifices himself for us, had not even a little bit of that sort of thing.

Reading much into it?

Died - yup.

Brought back through medical science. Cold hard cash did that - and the reasoning was manipulative symbolism - almost the opposite of what you're suggesting.

Legion was on your side.

And isn't the sacrifice supposed to happen BEFORE the resurrection?

Besides, SHE didn't sacrifice herself. She merged with galactic consciousness and you can't tell me otherwise.

P.S. Your rationalizations are bad and you should feel bad.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2
28. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 13, 2012, 01:42 Graham

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 22:34:
More space opera, less pseudo-religious 'chosen one' stuff.

You must be thinking of a different game. Shep had "visions" after interacting with an alien artifact - and only because s/he saved a crew member from being zapped. No one came up to him/her with a "it was written that this would happen" or "It has been foreseen that the Shep would come and save us."

Just. Didn't Happen.

So perhaps you'd care to back that one up and try again?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 8, 2012, 17:01 Graham

Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 10:54:
Apple: "There are no problems with the iPhone 5. All issues are solely a figment of your imagination."

Investors: "You didn't lose 20% off your stock price. It's solely a figment of your imagination."

Creston

The interesting this about both quotes above is that they were said by no one, ever. The only problem with the iPhone 5 right now is that they can't make enough of them to keep up with demand. It's a problem I'm sure many manufacturers would love to have.

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
49. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 13:51 Graham

InBlack wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 11:02:
yuastnav wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 10:38:
"Certify minecraft for win8"?

What does this even mean?

It means that they want to turn Windows PC's into a closed system ala Apple's Macintosh computers.

All software has to be 'certified' by Microsoft before the OS will let it run. Microsoft will probably take this a step further as they will only allow digital copies of the software to be purchaed through their built-in app buying software. (again ala Apple's Itunes)

Sorry, we need to correct some ignorance here.

OS X is not a closed system. It has a gatekeeper that can be completely turned off. Software can be downloaded from the Internet, installed from third party apps stores, or even compiled yourself with free tools that are both included in the OS and available freely online.

The conduit for buying software as a digital download from Apple is the "App Store". iTunes is used for movies, TV shows, music, and iOS apps.

I expect better from a site frequented by people this close to technology. If you're going to talk shit about something, understand it first.

--Written from my Ubuntu installation on a self-built rig.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Delayed
4. Re: Baldur's Gate Delayed Sep 15, 2012, 03:05 Graham

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 22:50:
Prez wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 22:16:
I hate to be a downer but I think this re-issue with what seems like only minor tweaks is hardly worth the attention it has been getting. Maybe it will floor me when it's released, but I kinda doubt it. I already have the GOG version.

I think it's a good plan, but launching it in the middle of the fall holiday rush is going to hurt them.

Push it to spring...

You shut your whore mouth!

Er...I mean, please, don't give them any ideas.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
42. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 15:02 Graham

Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 14:25:
Fion wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 13:46:
FYI as well Creston. It's been mentioned that the wiki for the game is very well done. You can actually access the wiki in game by typing /wiki 'subject' in the chat window. It's very handy.

That's a very handy tip, thanks.

Thanks to others as well for the hints and tips. I should be back on tonight and I'll send out msgs to get into the guild.

Creston

Seriously, great tips. I was doing alright, but there's still a lot of mystery here (I actually found GW1 a little harder to pick up, but that could be due to the multitude of expansions and not knowing where to start).

The /wiki tip? Brilliant. Just... brilliant.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
41. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 15:00 Graham

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 13:31:
Dades wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:38:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:32:
How about this, first it was your fault GW2 to begin with. And since somehow you know who did it and if they will follow through, how about your program takes care of it and deletes the gains? I like how they think they can make the mob have morals like this, say "I'm sawries, I promises never again". It's still just a game Anet, sheesh.

Ok thanks for sharing your valuable input.

That is why I'm here! Not sure why they just don't fix it themsevels and not have people "Dear Anet, I'm sawries and promise never ever to do it again. Please at your mercy, unban me and I'll be a nice boy from now on".

Weird.

It's understandable why you're not sure: you don't get it.

You're on the right track; this is about embarrassing the gamer and making them aware that cheating will not be tolerated. Like dad making you go pay for the candy you stole, or admitting that you broke the window and will work all summer to replace it, they're making these cheaters delete their ill-gotten gains. It's not up to dad to do it, it's up to you. YOU broke the rules, YOU have to go through the motions so that the message gets burned in there.

I'm using YOU hypothetically here, I realize you probably weren't banned.

This is, without doubt, the best solution. The widely known exploit leads to the banhammer. They offer one-time absolution. From here on in, anyone found exploiting knowns their shit is getting canned. I'm positively thrilled about it–it's clear that Anet absolutely gets it. I bought gems to celebrate!

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Notes Errata
19. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 15:58 Graham

Conspiracy theory of the day: deqer is actually a Blizzard employee, riling up anti-anti-Blizzard-hate in order to win the hearts and minds of the community once again.

DISCUSS!

148 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo