Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Graham

Real Name Graham   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname Graham
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Don't hate the game. Hate the hater.
Signed On Apr 4, 2009, 18:55
Total Comments 194 (Novice)
User ID 54873
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
32. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 14:33 Graham
Slick wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 19:52:
what is DICE's most popular map they ever made? without a doubt it's the 4 or so incarnations of WAKE ISLAND.

is that map "balanced"? FUCK NO! but it's the most fun. if the US doesn't know what they're doing, they'll get pushed back to their carrier and can't make a landing. however if they GROW A BRAIN then there's many ways to make landings and fucking roll face.

I know i dislike the noob cunts on here who say: "I played it for 2 rounds, it was awful, then i left to bitch about it in the forums". But this time it's different.

You twats are literally responsible for fucking up MY game experience because you cry about shit you HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT. you cry so hard that they goddamned community managers will tell the design team to re-roll everything because people are sad.

I promise you %100 you don't know how to play the map, it's a new game, you haven't played this before. You're playing it like you've played other games and are confused as to why you're doing poorly. take the fucking time to LEARN THE GAME before crying about how they have to change it.

you fuckers are on thin ice.

This is on point. Git gud, scrubs.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist
45. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 13:58 Graham
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 13:47:
Having spoken to Liz before, she's generally on the ball about the stuff she writes about. So not really surprised that they're sticking to it.

On the ball would have included getting both sides of the story. This definitely doesn't feel like that. It's great to see that the Escapist is *now* willing to go talk to CIG... but why didn't they before?

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. I bought a constellation when it launched because I wanted to see the rise of space sims again, but that was pocket change three years ago. Can't say I'm overly invested (ha!) monetarily or emotionally, so... yeah.

Let's see the cards on both sides.
News Comments > Shovel Night Free Update Next Week
7. Re: Shovel Night Free Update Next Week Sep 10, 2015, 17:26 Graham
ItBurn wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 10:15:
So, I don't like this game. I don't hate it, but it's just meh. My biggest gripe is dying. You lose your cash, sometimes in infuriating ways. This is an extra penalty for dying and it's unnecessary. Sometimes it dangles your cash over impossible to reach obstacles, taunting you. The gameplay itself is also meh. I don't like how the guy moves and attacks, probably because I've played a lot of better platformers. The collisions don't really make sense either sometimes. I don't get why people like this game so much. I guess it's worth 5-10$. 6.5/10

You're talking about Dark Souls, right?

Also - git gud, scrub.
News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
12. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 21, 2015, 18:41 Graham
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 18:22:
I was playing hundreds of hours of destiny for a while there because the shooting mechanics was really fun and the raids were pretty good.

Now it's become a horrible, purposeful, grind fest for that illusion of in depth content when in reality it's actually extremely basic.

Pretty much, I feel like I won't be playing destiny again because they pretty much went the typical MMO Grind fest way.

I'd argue that this is exactly wrong. The grindiness that pervaded the earlier release is gone, and it's become far easier to get what you want.

The 2.0 update coming, along with the the next expansion pulls the game out of beta, in my mind. You still have to do stuff to get stuff, but it feels purposeful, with more varied choices on what and when you do things. They're doing away with the light-on-gear-to-level-up mechanic, and while light will still be there, you can hit max level without getting stuck (forever 29 is gone).

At the end of the day it's a progression-based shooter. Do you like shooting things and progressing when you do? Tada, Destiny. It's Diablo with trigger pulls instead of mouse clicks.
News Comments > (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage
15. Re: (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage Aug 18, 2015, 14:25 Graham
I don't like to shit on games, but thank god they killed this. That's a Modern Warfare trailer with more dystopian sci-fi skins, right down the "nuke going off not to far from you" sequence. The only way this could have been worse would have been if they'd opted to go mobile and called it Doomy Crush. Just... ugh.  
News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes
22. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes Aug 11, 2015, 15:22 Graham
Rattlehead wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 08:59:
InBlack wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 03:12:
After playing the Witcher3 how can anyone go back to this single player MMO turd?
What is this, Kotaku? What's with these stupid fanboy comments lately? More and more on this site. For the supposed "PC master race" you guys sound like a bunch of fucking 9 year olds.

Seriously, it's possible to enjoy Witcher and Dragon Age.

I like you. You're good people.
News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs
11. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs Aug 4, 2015, 19:30 Graham
I unsubbed after getting through the main storyline of WoD prior to the first content patch. Garrisons seemed to hold a lot of promise, until it turned out it was FarmVille, even more so than the previous patch's actual Farm.  
News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 6, 2015, 01:55 Graham
The neckbeard is strong with this thread.

Can't understand why Apple is popular? You probably like fucking with technology. For those out there who don't, it's gloss, shine, and 80% functionality. That remaining 20% is too fucking confusing (for them) to be worth it.

Don't you get it? It's great that you can change your dialer or swap out your web browser, or upgrade your video card... but for 9 out of 10 people that you meet they not only won't do this, but they actively will avoid it if at all possible.

It's embarrassing that you can't see it. It's shocking that you don't get why Apple is raking in money hand over fist. It's amusing that you think they're going anywhere any time soon.

It shows how very out of touch you are.
News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
31. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 18:44 Graham
Wraith wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 16:52:
That's a shit trailer, the tone is completely off.

Just tell me the fuckwit who came up with the three-colour ending isn't part of this.

The tone is off... from what, exactly? The old trilogy? Guess what: it's not that.

Space cowboys are awesome.
News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
7. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 11, 2015, 19:29 Graham
Dirty Butler wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:24:
Why any gamer wouldn't move to Win 10 and DX12 is beyond me.

I'm going to throw a word at you here. I want you to brace yourself and just try to take it in. It's a big one.

News Comments > King's Quest Voice Cast
1. Re: King's Quest Voice Cast May 11, 2015, 20:53 Graham
King's Quest made being stuck with a goofy name like Graham a lot easier as a kid. I sincerely hope this is the first of many new games. It looks fantastic and I couldn't be more excited.  
News Comments > New Diablo III Season Next Month
6. Re: New Diablo III Season Next Month Mar 21, 2015, 02:14 Graham
Jay Wilson was wrong and you're wrong for bringing him up. Best to be silent and be thought a fool, friend, as you're doing a great job of removing all doubt at the moment.  
News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
16. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 12:29 Graham
Quinn wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 11:45:
Jesus how comes that everytime Rockstar announce anything PC related, they sound like they have a sarcastic smirk on their face?

Copy-pasting an apology, too... Fucking hell.

PS: Let me correct nin as someone who isn't even waiting for the game: It ain't funny. These last-second delays are a fucking joke and it should raise many eyebrows to their management and how this could be a sign to an optimization clusterfuck once again.

You should really chat with a medical professional about something to lower your blood pressure.
News Comments > Dying Light Mod Tool Plans
21. Re: Dying Light Mod Tool Plans Feb 8, 2015, 00:26 Graham
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 10:07:
*snipped QTE blah blah*

Yawn. Angry child is angry. Anyway...
News Comments > Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on
11. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on Jan 27, 2015, 14:46 Graham
I picked up Grim Fandango on PS4 and I'm pleased for the most part. It's remastered... kind of, but good enough. The big change that makes it worth the money? Camera relative controls.

Seriously. $15 well spent.
News Comments > DOOM Mythbusters
5. Re: DOOM Mythbusters Jan 26, 2015, 13:52 Graham
Bluesnews:\run commenter_sense_of_fun.exe
COMMENTER_SENSE_OF_FUN.EXE corrupt or not found. RETRY Y/N
LOADING... LOADING.... Ah fuck it.
News Comments > More Star Wars on
1. Re: More Star Wars on Jan 23, 2015, 18:21 Graham
Rogue Squadron? Well hot damn, GoG. Hot damn.  
News Comments > Morning Interviews
21. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 22, 2015, 13:50 Graham
nin wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 09:16:
Robb seems like his heart is in the right place, but just as that 2K representative lurked at the back of the room, a massive corporation with stock and investors looms over the whole operation.

Tells you all you need to know.

Hey, Robb? Think about who you shack up with next time, and maybe people won't think badly of you?

Did you read the rest of the article, where it points out that this project was rescued from the brink after THQ cratered? You think that maybe they didn't have a choice?

The judgement is strong here, but this to me seems like a good solution: sell the game, include all the maps, and sell optional characters to keep the funding going. Assuming that the DLC characters are priced reasonably I can't imagine why anyone has a problem.
News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on
20. Re: LucasArts Wave II on Jan 20, 2015, 15:09 Graham
Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 15:01:
Thar's gold in them thar titles. Seriously. How can they not update these? Same game + new engine = profit. While most of us don't want to see classic movies updated, it's the opposite with games. I'd be happy as a pig in poo to see almost the entire - early - LA library updated/redone. All the Star Wars games, Outlaws, Day of the Testicle, Grim Fandango - and no what DF is doing doesn't count - etc. That's just money waiting to be made.

All of my yes. All of it.
News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta
11. Re: Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta Jan 14, 2015, 14:19 Graham
HotS will eat into the LoL audience; it's a similar model with a better client and characters that have a built-in audience. That's not to say that LoL is dead, but the schism will happen between HotS and LoL, not HotS and DOTA2.

If you're feeling punchy, you're gonna play DOTA2. If you're looking for more of a casual experience, HotS might be it. The only thing Blizzard needs to fix at this point is the pricing model - they either need to adjust in-game gold so that it's more rewarding or they need to lower costs. Right now their prices are untenable.
194 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

Blue's News logo