Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Graham

Real Name Graham   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Graham
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Don't hate the game. Hate the hater.
Homepage http://spacecaptainisawesome.ca
Signed On Apr 4, 2009, 18:55
Total Comments 168 (Novice)
User ID 54873

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 2, 2014, 21:11 Graham

My Fitbit Force just fell apart a few weeks ago - like, literally into three pieces. I already had the RMA started as I'd started to get contact dermatitis from it, but it was amazing to see it just disintegrate. I'm back to wearing my Flex until the cheque from the Force comes so I can get something new. The Band is too chunky for what i want, mind you.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
7. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 30, 2014, 19:38 Graham

Task wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:38:
If they make a second one, they really need to improve on some core aspects of that game, namely that ridiculous main character and the 0 consequences for hacking some joe random that needed the money for surgery.

Apparently they've addressed this by setting the second game in Canada and making universal healthcare a thing.

Hack away, guilt free. That surgery's covered, baby.

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
20. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 21:39 Graham

TangledThorns wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 20:13:
Some games are just too damn old to play. Sorry, it's really hard to go back to dated graphics.

You're an embarrassment to gamers everywhere. Turn in your card.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
54. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 20:55 Graham

While Assassin's Creed 1 had some flaws, they were more than made up for in 2–which is probably one of my favourite games of all time. 1 was groundbreaking, 2 struck gold in that broken ground.

I liked some of the concepts in Blacklist (and the visual design was quite arresting) but never got around to finishing it. Those are three pretty pivotal titles, so it'll be interesting to see what she gets up to next.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 14, 2014, 23:46 Graham

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 21:33:
Yet another game with a very interesting looking trailer, dammit.

Does this mean I'll have to finally force myself to buy and play through DA2 to know what's going on in this game? Dammit part 2.

Clearly this guy is magical, as he somehow doesn't stab himself in the neck or chest with the bottom of that helmet every time he moves his head.

From what I understand this is mostly divorced from the storyline of 2, as 2 was of 1. Origins was all about the Grey Warden of Ferelden, 2 was about the hero of Kirkwall. 3 appears to not be connected to 1 and 2 other than to be in a world where those events happened and have set forth whatever is making this guy/girl who they are. If Bioware has done it right, anything you need to know about the Grey Warden or the Hero of Kirkwall should probably be explained through dialogue with the characters around you.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2014, 01:34 Graham

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 21:58:
Bungie Warns Destiny Day-One Reviews Might Not Tell the Whole Story.

Why not? As long as the review copies go out early enough and the reviewers spend enough time with the game to see all the content, they are as useful as any review. If the game is buggy and crashes a lot at release, that's not the reviewer's fault - ship a working product and it's a moot point. Easier said than done I know.

Because much of the game revolved around drop-in drop-out proximity co-op along with dynamic events that benefit from more players playing. From what I've seen of the reviewers streaming so far, they've got tunnel vision are are playing it like a single player game, much to the detriment of their own enjoyment and far different from how I played the Alpha.

You're really not grasping what Bungie has tried to create here. I'm not making the case for whether it's a good or bad game, but I can tell you from your comment that you've got the same blinders on as some of the reviewers right now.

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor in November
6. Re: Warlords of Draenor in November Aug 14, 2014, 21:59 Graham

garrywong wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 21:42:
Wait, what? That's not what happened...

It is now. Welcome to time travel, now with more Orcs and fewer Libyans.

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
21. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 13:58 Graham

The announcement has them re-uniting Roger Wilco, Sonny Bonds, King Graham (and Valanice, Alexander and Rosella), Larry Laugher, and Generic Hero Guy from Speilburg in a new 2D brawling game for consoles.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 24, 2014, 14:56 Graham

Nest would do well to ensure their smart home API plays nicely with Home Kit. The installed base of Nest users will be dwarfed by the installed base of those with Home Kit compatible devices with iOS 8 launches. Apple pulled a fast one on Google and Nest, negotiating with more partners and opening up their standard.

It's funny because Google is taking the 90s Mac approach of proprietary lock-in, while Apple is taking the 90s PC approach of opening up the eco system and allowing third parties to build equity through commoditization. Google and Nest simply don't have the chops to compete here, despite looking like the 800lbs gorilla.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love and War Update Plans; New Trailer
12. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love and War Update Plans; New Trailer Jun 18, 2014, 02:41 Graham

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 23:30:
That was good they shoulda released it at Halloween - or do another one for then. As far as the game goes, I'm not into Hat simulators.

Lies. I constantly see you playing it on Steam.

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
42. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 15:37 Graham

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 12:12:
Wolfox wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 11:22:
shinchan0s wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:59:
Any guy who's that insistent on playing females secretly wants to become one. There's nothing else to it.

So that means I'm a lesbian? I should go tell my wife. After all, with all the assuredness you're displaying, you must have unassailable data to prove that conjecture. I never felt like I ever wanted to become a female, but you can't be wrong, right?

Do you like having sex with women? That in and of itself means nothing, but combined with wanting to roleplay a woman is pretty good indicator that you're a lesbian trapped in a man's body. I hear they've come pretty far with gender re-assignment surgery these days. Maybe you should look into it.

Oh Cutter, you cad.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
32. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 8, 2014, 21:44 Graham

It's pretty clear that Reagle actually works for CIG. The way you marginalize a viewpoint is by making it seem insane... and the anti-Roberts crowd seems batshit nuts when all you have to do is point to Reagle. I mean, it's not like anyone could take him seriously... this one's kind of obvious.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 23, 2014, 01:48 Graham

"The dip in percentage is par for the course this time of year, however. Interest in buying the current model iPhone typically wanes as buzz about an upcoming new generation pops up."

Clickbait headline achieves clicks. More at 11.

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
18. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 18:02 Graham

Zyrxil wrote on May 12, 2014, 16:57:
Really what's worth preserving about Darksiders anyway? The only notable thing about it is the art. None of the game mechanics are original, or even implemented particularly well. The fictional universe isn't well written, cohesive, or engaging. The plot is meandering and makes the Horsemen look like weaklings that no one really fears.

So what you're saying is you liked the game and recommend it to friends and family, right?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 11, 2014, 22:32 Graham

dj LiTh wrote on May 11, 2014, 14:56:
Having fun making a new Molten Strike build for this league and already level 33. I also like the addition of the strong boxes /w the hardcore aspect. Really puts risk on opening those suckers up (good thing for smoke mine!)

I played POE in the beta and haven't really since - this gave me the urge to give it a go with a friend... it's been a blast - I like that you can identify the strong boxes before you open them... and you can upgrade them with orbs too!

Neat idea, and definitely something that keeps the game fresh.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
15. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 4, 2014, 15:44 Graham

Simon Says wrote on May 4, 2014, 03:37:
Graham wrote on May 4, 2014, 03:32:
Anyone who thinks Samsung doesn't deserve every lawsuit and every penny of every fine needs to read this story. They are as corrupt as they come.

The very concept of IP/patents is counter-evolutionary to begin with, boohoo, cry me a river!

The only winners in this kind of system and the ensuing court battles are the lawyers laughing all the way to the bank.

As for price fixing/collusion, OFC they'll do it, the underlying structure of the currency based economic system REWARDS that kind of behaviour. DUH!

IDEM for corruption. Time to get out of Plato's cavern where you've been dwelling, gazing at shadows, for a good while it seems.

People who do years of work and research to create something original are having their efforts co-opted and stolen by a group that has put their efforts into being able to steal and co-opt at the highest speed. Your acceptance of corruption, price fixing, and outright theft are unacceptable. Samsung needs to be sanctioned by every major western nation; a high-minded but ultimately confused reference to Plato not-withstanding, your argument is about as empty as they come.

News Comments > Defiance Going F2P
4. Re: Defiance Going F2P May 1, 2014, 22:17 Graham

ViRGE wrote on May 1, 2014, 20:48:
Honestly this is 6 months later than I had expected. I figured they would go F2P by winter 2013.

Yeah, I wonder what the hold up was. Paperwork, maybe?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 25, 2014, 00:19 Graham

Kind of amusing to see the butthurt on this one. Just like DS1 this had Steam Sale written all over it.  

News Comments > Free Red Orchestra 2 Promotion
7. Re: Free Red Orchestra 2 Promotion Apr 23, 2014, 17:47 Graham

Dirwulf wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 15:44:
So this is a RIFLE ONLY version of the game, not the full game? B.S.

Cancel install.

This may be the most entitled thing I've read today, and I've got Tumblr open in another window. Nice job, man.

168 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo