Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Graham

Real Name Graham   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Graham
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Don't hate the game. Hate the hater.
Homepage http://spacecaptainisawesome.ca
Signed On Apr 4, 2009, 18:55
Total Comments 148 (Novice)
User ID 54873

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Apr 5, 2014, 21:26 Graham

Cutter wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 13:11:
Some wrong decisions? Not, 'Wow, it was one of the biggest clusterfucks of any product launch ever!' Too little too late guy.

Flat out wrong. It's never too little with the money that these guys can throw at things, and we're not far enough along the process to call it too late. Sony managed to claw back to a respectable position with the PS3... it took them a good six years to do it, but they did it. Microsoft's main issue right now is price and price they can fix. Their secondary issue is software, and software they can fix.

They're going to have to cut deep to find the juice to keep feeding the Xbone though. PS Plus is rapidly becoming a service that's worth more than the consoles it serves, and PC gaming is becoming more accessible with every hardware iteration. Microsoft CAN turn this around.

But we both know they won't. So maybe you're not flat out wrong after all

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned Apr 2, 2014, 10:49 Graham

InBlack wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 09:38:
Yeah its obvious that all those other people are talking shit, since the game works perfectly for you. Rolleyes

Gotta admit, you're quick on the shitposting. It's almost every thread, eh? It's pretty clear that the first post was only speaking of his experience, yet you extrapolated that to mean that he was denying it was happening for anyone else. Any idea why you'd do that?

News Comments > New Titanfall Game Modes Coming
19. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 14:48 Graham

InBlack wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 11:03:
So anyone still playing this? How's it look now that the shine has worn off a little bit??

I've shelved it until MMR is added. I'm working on a few games right now, and can't devote every waking hour to TitanFall... and I'm just not good enough to get by on the skills I'm bringing from other FPS games. Going up against three Gen10s when you're on a team of "how do I call my Titan??" is a disheartening experience. As fun as it is, this game was released unfinished.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
10. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 24, 2014, 14:21 Graham

The first two InFamous games might feel dated now, but they were a breath of fresh air when they launched. Also, your toughness and mobility absolutely evolves over the course of the game; it's no surprise you're a bit of a squish in the first quarter to first half – the first game is the story of the birth of a hero, and he's not all that tough as he goes on his Campbellian journey.

Second Son takes a different tack, feeding you a full range of powers each time you get a new one, with unlock-able modifiers based on whether you're playing good or evil types. The morally grey options of the first game are gone, but in its place is a tighter game with much better visuals and more fluid gameplay. The struggling-to-parkour feeling of the first two games is gone completely with quick ways to ascend in all power sets–several of which feel reminiscent of City of Heroes in the best way possible.

Adam Sessler smack the game for not feeling "next-gen" enough–he didn't qualify that, so no one really knows what the hell he meant, but I can say this: Second Son is a great game. It's a fun open-world third person action game, and dale with the tropes that come with it. If you're not terribly impressed by a standard set of side missions, hopefully you'll enjoy the combat that can be as hard or as easy as you make it. This is a game with gameplay options, so muck about and figure out what's the most fun for you.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is also fun; I know folks have a love-on for MGS3, but 2 and 4 were something I enjoyed more. This glorified demo (that's actually something I'm okay with paying $29 for) is the most natural-feeling Metal Gear Game I've ever played. When I'm spotted here it's because I fucked up, not because of janky controls or weird AI. AI responses make sense within the confines of the MG universe: they stand down when they can't find you because they need to return to their posts.

The story is the same old Kojima's-on-acid-right? bullshit it has always been. If you don't care for LaLeLuLeyLame (whatever) you can just nod and smile to the beat and get back to Tactical Espionage Action. Knowing that the mission could be beaten in 10 minutes I took the time to explore the space, get a feel for enemy routes, and tried to set objectives for myself... which is funny because those objectives are unlock-able missions after the first round. Needless to say, this "demo" has secured a purchase of Phantom Pain for me, putting my total MGS5 bill at around $100 Canadian.

I'm fine with that.

News Comments > Titanfall Optimization Tips
24. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 23:45 Graham

Until they add skill-based matchmaking this game is a write-off. Playing against Gen 2-5 players with a team level 2s is about as fun as an hot sauce enema.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 2, 2014, 18:32 Graham

Blue, while TOSLink debuted in '83, Dolby Digital didn't hit homes until '95. So less Billie Jean and more Gangsters Paradise for that party.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Jan 23, 2014, 18:10 Graham

Tom wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 17:36:
Yeah, and they had Patrick Stewart do voice acting for Oblivion too! What a joke.

Instead of paying for all these big name voice actors, how about not re-using the same exact voice clips and dialogue for 100 different NPCs? Cookie-cutter voice acting is one of the biggest immersion killers.

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
2. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 21, 2014, 18:44 Graham

I like Hearthstone, but the killer platform for it is tablets. I want to be able to play this on the train via LTE. I'd also like casual asynchronous games against my friends, if you please.

I've been in the beta for a bit, and while I tend to get roflstomped by guys with advanced decks (I play super casually) every once in a while I outplay some bastard with my limited cards. God that feels good.

News Comments > Steam 2013 Growth and Sales Details
5. Re: Steam 2013 Growth and Sales Details Jan 15, 2014, 16:18 Graham

Dota 2 released in 2013.

Largest growth for Steam in 2013: Brazil and Russia.

Yeah.

News Comments > The Division Not Coming This Year?
8. Re: The Division Not Coming This Year? Jan 8, 2014, 01:25 Graham

I'm holding off on this until the Love Will Tear Us Apart Again DLC comes out.

Hmm. Wrong Division.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Pricing Survey
6. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 16:43 Graham

BitWraith wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 14:00:
Annual Pass - if they offered this at a rate of $5 a month, they might actually clog the drain of lost subscriptions.

$5/mo is my sweet spot to have an ever-running WoW sub. For the price of a single game I could "...always go back". $15 a month just isn't going to fly anymore, at least not for me.

News Comments > War Thunder War Thunder Closed Beta
2. Re: War Thunder War Thunder Closed Beta Dec 5, 2013, 13:48 Graham

nin wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 08:49:
Sony needs to hurry up and put this on the PS4 store in the US, dammit...

• Create a UK account.

• Download War Thunder.

• Switch to your US/Canadian account before it's done downloading and it will install on your account.

• Play.

• You're welcome

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    23. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 3, 2013, 12:48 Graham

I bought a PS4 and an Xbox One for a few reasons, not the least of which being that we needed one for our TV show here in Canada.

The PS4 has been on nearly constantly since its launch; AC4 is gorgeous, Knack is more fun if you enjoyed games like Crash and Spyro, and Resogun is just great for killing some time with a trance-shooter. Even CODDOG and BF4 are better-than-average on the system.

I can't say the same for the Xbox One. It's bulky and awkward in the real world as well as in software. It MUST be oriented horizontally, limited your install options–and it's HUGE, making finding space in your home theatre setup a chore. The mandatory Kinect also limits where you can use it. This is a living room system, not a bedroom system or an office system (I have a 100" screen in the bedroom and a 5'x9' office. Yes, I'm aware of the irony of having a screen bigger than my office. I'm a writer, we thrive in small spaces.)

The software is an unmitigated disaster, in my opinion. For the first minute when I turned it on it did nothing other than show a green screen with the word Xbox on it. The software update took twice as long as the Day One update for the PS4, and what I got when it finished was disappointing.

There have been plenty of comments in this thread about the friends system (broken), the achievements system ( have to dig for them, very broken), and so on. Other things to note: parental controls have been destroyed, with several missteps made, including one-time-only permissions setting–you can't actually set permissions that very from day to day (today Johnny gets to play Perfect Dark, but he has homework tomorrow, so we'll block it then... can't do it anymore!)

The voice control is flakey, the OS lags (push the Xbox jewel and you'll see the game "shrink" then you'll see the tile overlay kick in and it will "shrink" a second time) and the whole thing is plastered in ads. The ads on PS4 tend to blend in; the ads on Xbox One pop right out at you.

Naturally neither compares to the glorious PC master race gaming experience, but I must say that I do like the second screen experience on both consoles. Microsoft takes the lead a bit here with tablet compatibility; the Playstation app is very 1.0 - but it's an excellent 1.0. Factor in the Vita (making the PS4 $100 more expensive than the Xbox One) and it's a vastly superior experience, giving you access to Vita games, second screen/remote play at home, and even remote play via LTE.

All in all, the PS4 is the console you're looking for if you need one of the big two.

That said, if you're a PC gamer, get a god damned Wii U. It's the only console that will give you truly unique experiences for the next year, and there's already a library of badass shit. Go play Wind Waker HD. Seriously. Great game.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Announced
    12. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Announced Dec 2, 2013, 13:05 Graham

Task wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 10:20:
    The Warhammer 40k license has fallen into bad hands.

I fear this is what will happen to the Star Wars game/universe license as well.

Ewok Tower Defense 40,000k.

"Nub nub, motherfuckers."

I'd play it.

News Comments > Black Friday Metaverse
    6. Re: Black Friday Metaverse Nov 29, 2013, 13:47 Graham

Bumpy wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 11:58:
    This Bitcoin stuff needs to die. I don't see them serving a useful purpose to the world.

I'm going to gamble that the reason for this is because you haven't put in any time actually learning about the stuff. I'm not a bitcoin junkie, but instant, low-cost transfers in a decentralized currency does appear to serve SOME purpose to some people.

Or you could just ignorantly write it off because you don't like the way it makes you feel. You know, whatever.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    46. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 25, 2013, 19:44 Graham

Jerykk wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 17:50:
    Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 17:10:
    eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 17:00:
    Only thing I don't like is that you can evade sticky situations by boarding a smaller ship and repairing

Yeah, that's bullshit. I refuse to do that. It's even more nonsensical than if there'd been health powerups floating on the ocean.

It's also dumb that you can lower your wanted level by boarding ships too. Finally, it's dumb that other ships stop attacking you while you're boarding.

I love the game and couldn't agree more. If you board a ship and there are other predators out there, they should be pounding the shit out of your hull or boarding you from the other side. Still, by playing it "honest" and not boarding until it's clear I get the same sort of feeling. Shame that I have to be part of the "engine" on this though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 13:25 Graham

There's this guy on the internet. He runs a site where he finds links to all of the news actually worth reading about the games that I like, and he puts them in a list. It's a totally OG Internet site, and I've been visiting it for years. I don't know this guy...

...but I'm still sitting at work choked up to hear about his dog passing away.

Blue, hopefully it will help to know that Hudson didn't just bring happiness to you, but to some of us as well. Sorry for your loss.

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
    31. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 13:23 Graham

Cutter wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 12:53:
    So how does it look/run on a $500 video card then?

Fixed that for you.

Talk about not understanding what a target audience is!

News Comments > Morning Interviews
    9. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 8, 2013, 14:50 Graham

Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 14:16:
    jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 11:27:
    *Waits for Cutter's inevitable comments*

EDIT:
    Cutter bait:

“When there’s an article about us, there’s always one person who’s like, ‘IT’S A SCAM,’” he confessed.

Fools and their money are soon parted.

Explains why you're so bitter, mate, you must be flat broke!

wah-wah.

News Comments > Steam Box Previews
    7. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 14:35 Graham

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:10:
    How about getting the client up to date first? Remove the bloat, streamline it, make it faster, an offline mode that works, etc.

Yup, let's take the hardware guys and get them working on software. That'll do it!

148 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo