Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jay

Real Name Jay   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2009, 18:35
Total Comments 157 (Novice)
User ID 54872

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Shift 2 Unleashed in March
6. Re: Shift 2 Unleashed in March Jan 14, 2011, 11:56 Jay

Looks pretty sweet. Shift is the best thing that's happened to NFS franchise since Porsche Unleashed.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Dec 10, 2010, 11:07 Jay

I'll probably wait until crysis warhead drops to $5 or so. I hate activation limits.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 7, 2010, 11:54 Jay

GTX 570 sounds absolutely awesome.
I just ordered a 470 last week and starting to feel a pinch of regret. Although it's almost $100 cheaper and comes with free games I actually want to play.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights on GOG.com
8. Re: Neverwinter Nights on GOG.com Oct 27, 2010, 13:44 Jay

One of the NWN expansions kicked my ass. I forget which one. It was a retail box but didn't come with the serial code. Thanks for the DRM Atari!  

News Comments > New Miner Wars Features
1. Re: New Miner Wars Features Oct 26, 2010, 14:26 Jay

Apparently mining ores is what everyone asked for in their space combat sims.  

News Comments > LOTRO Revenue Doubles
37. Re: LOTRO Revenue Doubles Oct 8, 2010, 18:04 Jay

kimbambaman wrote on Oct 8, 2010, 13:49:
I am one of the 20% that returned and am having an absolute blast. The F2P is implemented really well, where you get a huge amount of content for free and only really need to pay for convenience items. As a guy who plays off and on its way more content than I could ever want, it will be long time, if ever, before I need to buy an expansion.

I thought that for the first 15 hours or so, but then I found that all the quests outside the starting starting regions are locked away. While it's possible to earn enough turbine points to unlock the quests without paying a dime, grinding for the turbine points is absolutely tedious and time-consuming.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Goes Stereoscopic
9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Goes Stereoscopic Oct 5, 2010, 16:44 Jay

CommunistHamster wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 11:51:
Why would you need new content for 3D anyway, I don't see the point of that disclaimer.

sometimes it's necessary. a lot of games use 2d tricks for optimizations and effects that looks completely off in stereo. not to mention reducing quality of the assets to let them render twice without affecting the performance too much.

News Comments > On F1 2010 AI
20. Re: On F1 2010 AI Sep 29, 2010, 11:10 Jay

I find rubberbanding fake AI drivers to be perfectly acceptable in arcade racers, but I've never seen a case such as F1 2010 where the phoniness is so blatantly obvious.  

News Comments > Planescape Torment on GOG.com
11. Re: Planescape Torment on GOG.com Sep 28, 2010, 11:39 Jay

The finest RPG there is. Everything else I've played after this game has been a disappointment. (with possible exception of BG2)  

News Comments > GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated]
61. Re: GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated] Sep 22, 2010, 17:31 Jay

I suppose if you treated GOG like a bank (ie they hold your assets), you'd be upset, but if you treated it like a retail store you wouldn't be.  

News Comments > GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated]
14. Re: GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow Sep 22, 2010, 14:47 Jay

I buy tons of games from GOG and I'm not upset at all. The worry of DD services going belly up is precisely why I buy DRM-free titles and back them up. If anybody in the industry could pull such a stunt and get away with it, it's GOG.  

News Comments > GOG.com Tease
5. Re: GOG.com Tease Sep 21, 2010, 12:44 Jay

the reason why you're upset is precisely the reason why you'd buy DRM free titles. Irony overload!  

News Comments > NVIDIA Mafia II Offer
7. Re: NVIDIA Mafia II Offer Aug 27, 2010, 17:55 Jay

LittleMe wrote on Aug 27, 2010, 17:05:
Uh, what? Yeah like nV would look classy offering a free demo with a 465 or higher video card.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/promotion_starcraft_II.html

News Comments > NVIDIA Mafia II Offer
3. Re: NVIDIA Mafia II Offer Aug 27, 2010, 16:29 Jay

2k is probably kicking themselves for releasing the demo for free when they could've tied it to this promotion

News Comments > Safety Dance
6. Re: Safety Dance Aug 19, 2010, 16:28 Jay

I'd recommend Microsoft's Security Essentials over anything else. It's rated highest among free scanners (ie catches most viruses and malwares) by avcomparatives, pc magazine, pc advisor, etc etc.  

News Comments > Tropico 4 Announced
5. Re: Tropico 4 Announced Aug 13, 2010, 11:22 Jay

There's no water in the pool!  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Drops Ubisoft DRM
16. Re: R.U.S.E. Drops Ubisoft DRM Aug 11, 2010, 20:26 Jay

I'd be very curious to know the sales of Prince of Persia(2008) vs Forgotten Sands on PC, since Ubisoft is likely to use them as the metric for their new DRM's success. I'm guessing Forgotten Sands didn't sell very well: it never showed up on Steam's best selling list or the most played list.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 11, 2010, 13:00 Jay

PropheT wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 12:40:
To me, anonymous interactions online are more honest anyway. Truly good people are still nice even when there's nothing to gain, and bad people are still going to treat people badly...inserting the fear of retribution from using RealID doesn't make the interactions better, it just reintroduces the dishonesty to the system.

Yeah, what's that famous quote by Oscar Wilde
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

News Comments > THQ Financials
18. Re: THQ Financials Aug 10, 2010, 17:41 Jay

Kajetan wrote on Aug 10, 2010, 14:39:
TQ was badmouthed from the start, because it was BUGGY as hell, ran like shit an most computers of that time and some time after. Didnt help, that the addon introduced more cripling bugs than fixing older ones. A very nice game, i liked for the parts that worked as intended, but the lack of proper QA killed it!

Iron Lore deliberately made the game buggy if it detected a crack, and it affected the sales because people who pirated it before the game came out badmouthed it for its bugginess and the word spread.
But that's coming from one of the developers, so take it with a grain of salt - for all we know it's just a convenient excuse for poor sales or poor QA.

News Comments > THQ Financials
11. Re: THQ Financials Aug 10, 2010, 09:53 Jay

Interestingly, every gamer I talked to including myself thought that Titan Quest was a budget title when first seen on store shelves. It was very easy to mistake it for one with success of God of War and seemingly rising interest in greek mythology (the title and the cover art didn't help).  

157 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo