Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for btallas

Real Name btallas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname btallas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2009, 14:50
Total Comments 50 (Suspect)
User ID 54871

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 30, 2014, 00:16 btallas

Regarding the map that shows every connected device on the internet, I wanna know what's connected in the middle of Greenland.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 20:57 btallas

Regarding no need to buy outright exclusivity, that's odd considering they paid for 1 year of exclusive content with Destiny. Weird to call out microsoft when they do the same when they can.  

News Comments > World of Darkness Cancelled
2. Re: World of Darkness Cancelled Apr 14, 2014, 13:10 btallas

Terrible news. This was the only MMO I was actually looking forward to playing.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2014, 13:57 btallas

Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 12:49:
(although it seems blues never posts anything negative on Sony so maybe it's just what it is with this site)

That's nonsense, Blue posts pretty much all news he gets good or bad for whatever company. When Sony had the big PSN hack we had several large stories on it. Sony just has improved their messaging so there hasn't been as much "negative" to comment on as in the past. Microsoft gets bad PR because they spent the past year literally fucking up their hard earned reputation in almost every way imaginable.

Blue doesn't read minds, if you see something that isn't posted then send it in. Just in the past few days we've had stories on Amy Hennig getting forced out of Naughty Dog, SM studio closures and Sony having layoffs at other first party studios so I'm not sure where you even get the idea that there is some sort of overriding brand preference here.

Based on your wording I suspect that you have some brand preferences of your own anyway.

You are absolutely 100% correct, I do have a brand preference. It's called the PC master race™

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2014, 10:42 btallas

nin wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 08:54:
Become a VIP at the Xbox Austin Titanfall Event.

Those titanfall bundles are just flying off the shelf.

Out of curiosity, is your mom or dad on the board at Sony? Seems like every bit of negative news on anything xbox, you make a negative comment on (although it seems blues never posts anything negative on Sony so maybe it's just what it is with this site). I'm really just curious as to your affiliation with Sony.

Example, earlier this week it was revealed that Sony will be closing 20 of their 31 US retail stores (source: sony closing stores). Nothing at all posted here on that. Seems like Sony is struggling more than Microsoft but yet you would never know that here.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Free Weekend
3. Re: Torchlight 2 Free Weekend Jan 9, 2014, 19:24 btallas

In my opinion the only game that came close to diablo 2 was titan quest. Looking forward to grim dawn (since it's being designed by the titan quest devs), tempted to buy the steam early release.  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 10, 2013, 10:43 btallas

Funny thing, if it was announced that Microsoft was doing this (and they probably are), people here would be clamoring for them to be shut down because of slave labor. Sony does it and it's a funny joke.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Prototype Details
24. Re: Steam Hardware Prototype Details Oct 4, 2013, 22:53 btallas

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 19:05:
They are going to lose so much money...

Why? Because of the psfail and the xbox 180? I personally like valve's chances in regards to those systems.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
3. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 10:15 btallas

Tell us something we don't know. The only time a console even comes close to PC graphics is the beginning of a new console generation. This upcoming new generation will probably be on par with PC graphics from a year or so ago.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 11, 2013, 00:02 btallas

2nd_floor wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 23:51:
How big is the Skyrim map vs. this leaked map? This one seems small. Maybe the city just looks small because of the wilderness area and smaller towns/areas behind it. Is GTA IV bigger or small or same as this leaked shot?

Anybody know why Rockstar is making GTA V for X360/PS3 instead of Xbone and PS4, which will be able to produce much better quality and larger everything in the game?

Can you even run X360 games on Xbone? And PS3 games on PS4?

Much larger install base for the current gen consoles (since no consumer has a next gen console) plus it has been in development for 3-5 years now (supposedly).

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked
9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 10, 2013, 23:07 btallas

nin wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 22:03:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 21:44:
nin wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 21:04:
Come to papa!!!!!

I demand you purchase the 360 edition just so I can torture you, the way you the way you have tortured everyone else the last 2 weeks.

360s dead. Fuck them and their shoddy hardware.

lol 360's dead! GTA 5 on the 360 is only beating the ps3 in pre orders by almost 600k. The 360 is indeed quite dead (source http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/)

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk Aug 15, 2013, 23:20 btallas

Whiskers wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 22:29:
Anxious to see feedback from people who give this a go. Hoping it's good.

Only games I've ever played in the Warhammer universe were the Dawn of War series and the failed MMO. I dig turned based strategy games so decided to take the plunge on this. Not real far in (did the 3 tutorial missions and just completed the campaign's second mission) but so far I'm really digging it. Haven't run into any game breaking bugs or crashes so far.

News Comments > Arkane's Prey 2 Rumors Resurface
1. Re: Arkane's Prey 2 Rumors Resurface Aug 15, 2013, 21:00 btallas

Saw a gameplay demo for the Human Head version at quakecon in 2011. Thought it looked quite awesome and became very interested in the game. It's a shame that version will never see the light of day.  

32. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 10, 2013, 22:57 btallas

Redmask wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 10:05:
Beamer wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 01:36:
The analog sticks are still both not where thumbs naturally rest. That, to me, is the biggest issue. The focus is on the dpad, which I rarely use.

This makes no sense, your hands don't naturally rest anywhere with a controller, it's all about how the handholds are designed. There's actually more precedent for symmetrical analog sticks (arcades, PS1+, etc) than not. The focus isn't on anything in particular, that's like saying the touchpad is the focus because its in the middle top of the pad. Get your hands on a controller and we'll see, yes I have by the way and this is coming from someone who preferred the 360 controller previously. It is night and day difference between the DS3 and DS4.

Besides he was saying they're the same and I pointed out how they not in several ways. If you guys don't want to have an open mind before even holding either one well whatever, it's your money.

Still looks almost exactly the same to me:
ps3 controller
ps4 controller

The analog sticks are still parallel to each other, not offset at all. I'm sorry that the controller isn't comfortable to me (just got done playing Last of Us again for only about 30 minutes because the controller sux) but wow, don't get overly excited just because in my opinion the 360/xbone controller is better for me.

28. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 10, 2013, 04:13 btallas

Beamer wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 01:36:
Redmask wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 23:49:
btallas wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 17:10:
It looks as if the ps4 has the same general design and if that's so, no way in hell I'll be getting one of those until they're dirt cheap.

What? No, it doesn't, I don't know how you got that impression. The space between the analog thumbsticks is increased to give it a better proportion, it has vastly improved triggers and shoulder buttons, curved handholds and its weight to size ratio is much better. It is not an iteration on the Dual Shock 3 outside of some shared ancestry in terms of buttons present.

Go look at a side by side with the DS3 and DS4. It's obvious they took into account all of the criticisms from pro-360 controller people and sought to rectify those. I suspect you will be very pleased with the PS4 controller overall coming from a 360 controller. The Xbone controller is the one that concerns me a bit, it just looks weird in pictures.

The analog sticks are still both not where thumbs naturally rest.

This times 1000! The analog sticks are way more comfortable in the positions they're at on the 360 / xbone controller than they are on the ps3 / ps4 controller. Again, my opinion.

25. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 9, 2013, 17:10 btallas

MindStalker3 wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 20:30:
Ah, so it does have an on/off switch.

Is it just me, or is that controller hideous?

Say what you will about the console but the controller is one area that Microsoft totally trounces Sony (in my opinion of course). I have both the ps3 and the 360 plus a 360 controller on my PC. I personally can't stand the ps3 controller. It's rough trying to play through Last of Us just because of the damn controller. It looks as if the ps4 has the same general design and if that's so, no way in hell I'll be getting one of those until they're dirt cheap. At least from the looks of it (ergonomically) the xbone controller is the same as the 360. Guess if I decide to go next gen it will have to be the xbone.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2013, 18:43 btallas

Blue wrote on Aug 3, 2013, 16:59:
btallas wrote on Aug 3, 2013, 16:29:
Belittling is a strong word but it's cool if you wanna use it. I'm mainly questioning the biggest snub comment. If you wanna be technical, the biggest snub in hall of fame history is Charles Haley. No other player in NFL history has 5 super bowl rings plus he redefined the defensive end position to a more quick, agile position.

I don't mean to put words in your mouth, you said "let's be real, one of those was pure luck," which I took as pretty dismissive.

If you wanna be technical, the biggest snub in hall of fame history is Charles Haley.

I won't argue that, off the top of my head I would agree, though a good case could be made for Jerry Kramer. That's why I didn't say skipping over Parcells last year was the biggest snub in HoF history, I said it was "one of the biggest."

My bad, didn't notice one of the biggest. Thought you said the biggest. I apologize.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2013, 16:29 btallas

Blue wrote on Aug 3, 2013, 15:49:
btallas wrote on Aug 3, 2013, 13:04:
Just curious but why do you believe Bill Parcells should be a slam dunk hall of fame candidate?

Jivaro covered about everything I would say in reply save for one point.

He did win 2 super bowls but let's be real, one of those was pure luck.

Let's be really real. To get the chance to play in the Super Bowl that season the Giants had to beat the heavily favored 49ers in the title game. That's the backup QB-led Giants versus the Joe Montana-led back-to-back defending Super Bowl champs. On the road.

Then the Giants beat the heavily favored Bills in the Super Bowl. And how did they manage that? By Bill Parcells flat-out out-coaching Marv Levy, and there aren't many who saw that game who would deny it. Out-coaching the opposition in the biggest game of the year? To belittle that as not being a valid argument for him being a Hall of Fame shoe-in is missing the point entirely: It should be the first thing you mention when listing his qualifications.

Belittling is a strong word but it's cool if you wanna use it. I'm mainly questioning the biggest snub comment. If you wanna be technical, the biggest snub in hall of fame history is Charles Haley. No other player in NFL history has 5 super bowl rings plus he redefined the defensive end position to a more quick, agile position.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2013, 14:24 btallas

Jivaro wrote on Aug 3, 2013, 14:11:
btallas wrote on Aug 3, 2013, 13:04:
Just curious but why do you believe Bill Parcells should be a slam dunk hall of fame candidate?

edit: I am a lifelong 49er fan who has spent the majority of my life looking for reasons to hate Bill Parcells. Paying him tribute rubs me wrong. That said...

Super Bowl wins alone doesn't begin to quantify Bill Parcells contribution to the sport or the league. His affect on the game goes way beyond that. Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, and Tom Coughlin and many others are in his coaching tree. He made a 22 year career out of turning around teams that were in desperate need of rebuilding, not taking over an underperforming but talented team that just needed a new alpha dog. 172 wins is 11th in history. Doing a quick Google I see that he was 2-1 against Walsh in the playoffs, beat Gibbs in the NFC Championship game, and beat Levy in the Super Bowl. All three of them are in Hall of Fame despite those critical losses because of obviously very strong overall resumes. His overall resume is what makes him a slam dunk. Had he strove to be more popular with the press I think he would have been a first ballot entry.

Are there other coaches that deserve to be in? Absolutely. Tom Flores is among the first to pop into my head. That doesn't take away from Parcells qualifications. As far as coaches go in NFL history, very few have had anywhere near the impact he has, or been nearly as successful.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be in. I'm just questioning why people think it was a huge snub he wasn't elected his first year of eligibility or that he's a slam dunk hall of fame candidate.

50 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo