Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1238 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement
14. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 6, 2013, 01:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ooh, thanks for that link, tomigun! Getting the Fan Translations immediately.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Impire Preorders
1. Re: Impire Preorders Feb 5, 2013, 09:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, hadn't heard of this before, but it looks pretty good. Dungeon Keeper ripoff/homage of course, but in a good way.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2013, 14:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh... Skyrim needs to fall out of the top ten for a month or two, so they start dicounting the base price. It'll never get to my $9.99 level at this rate.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 End Game Trailer
5. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 21:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, DICE can sure make some sick BF3 videos. I bought Premium on sale like a month ago, looking forward to fooling around with the dirtbikes/getting annihilated in Air Superiority mode.

Not looking forward to random people blowing up said dirtbikes and jets on my own team, but that's multiplayer these days.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Microtransactions & Game Modes Detailed
1. Re: Dead Space 3 Microtransactions & Game Modes Detailed Jan 29, 2013, 23:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow. Horrible.

Boycott is required for this game now. 10 dollars just to play coop online? Rofl.

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Trailer
13. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 23:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rrrrrgh... shit like this infuriates me.

After you already have a great franchise in SoaSE, why the hell do you downgrade yourselves and make this crap?

I don't think there's much of a crossover in audiences either, from real RTS games such as SoaSE to MOBA nonsense. MOBA games in general seemed aimed at people who cannot or will not play more 'traditional' or larger scope RTS games.

At least SoaSE:Rebellion is pretty damned great. It's a shame to lose yet another developer, but these guys will either go bankrupt or continue to make this RTS-lite crap from this point on.

News Comments > Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale
21. Re: Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale Jan 26, 2013, 14:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

I tried this out last night... not sure if it was the servers, or the game itself, but it was choppy with poor hit detection, and generally felt sluggish.

I kept turning down graphical settings hoping it was just my older comp, but nothing seemed to help it. It played fine through the tutorial, and I had 40-50 ping on the two servers I tried.

I'd swing at people, and kill the guy behind me. This is on an archer, with the small dagger they get. Archery was kind of amusing, but Mount & Blade blows this game out of the water as far as hit detection/combat goes, and of course you can play most of the Mount & Blade games single player.

Anyway, back to PoE. My duelist is horribly messed up at this point, passives wise, but he's still going strong.

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta
6. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 24, 2013, 03:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looks much improved since the last time I played during closed beta.

I've been fiddling around with a couple of classes, started progressing a Duelist and it was going great, right up until the end of Act 1, when I used some Fire Traps on some wolf-things that spawned a similar effect when they died. Total system lockup, video card failed, had to reboot.

It's an excuse to get up and stretch, and I guess I'll send a bug report.

general chat isn't quite intolerable, but I can see it getting that way soon.

News Comments > THQ Sale Results?
34. Re: THQ Sale Results? Jan 23, 2013, 18:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

AdamK47 wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 18:04:
Prez wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 17:49:
The preliminary sales list actually doesn't look terrible. Sega acquiring Relic is especially hopeful to me, since it was Sega that published part of the "Total War" series, which is hardcore strategy. That at least seems hopeful for a possible Homeworld 3.

I just read on Relicnews.com that Sega only bought the CoH IP. Hope that isn't true. That would mean no more Homeworld, ever.

Well, Relic had moved away from good RTS games anyway. Their focus is on smaller squad based, very little to no building games, ie. DoW 2 and CoH 2. I think Homeworld was a dead series even if this sale didn't happen.

News Comments > Chris Taylor on GPG, Wildman, and Publishers
4. Re: Chris Taylor on GPG, Wildman, and Publishers Jan 23, 2013, 01:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

The games industry sounds more and more like a HORRIBLE place to work, unless you are somehow independently wealthy and can make any project you want without fear.

This is more of an example of the humanity-wide problem of clueless managers in charge of technical projects that they have no real understanding of, most importantly the time required to actually put something together that isn't complete garbage.

Chris Taylor seems like a nice guy who is just going to continually get chewed up by soulless managers/publishers. Unfortunately I don't like the very little shown about Wildman so far, it seems like exactly the wrong time to do any sort of ARPG no matter what other genres it includes. I don't plan on contributing to the Kickstarter at this point.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2013, 13:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bodolza wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 13:36:
Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 12:05:
Anyway, this really needs to become classified as a crime.

If posting pictures (that you own) of people without their explicit permission became a crime, it would instantly kill Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, and any other photo sharing site.

Say good-bye to news magazines as well.

Excellent. Proceed with this new law immediately!

News Comments > Free Primal Carnage with EVGA Graphics Cards
2. Re: Free Primal Carnage with EVGA Graphics Cards Jan 22, 2013, 13:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

This clever marketing scheme just tipped the scales, placing an order for a GTX 690 immediately!

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
36. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 13:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

avianflu wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 12:39:
They had a shopping mall level in the 2nd one. On a spaceship. A shopping mall level.

To be fair, the shopping mall was on the space station, not the ship. It was supposed to be substantially larger than the ships, and have some civilian types and their families.

But yes, Dead Space 2 is basically Dead Space 1.5. I still thought it was pretty good though.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic
9. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 10:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, yet another killer CG from Blizzard.

Too bad the Terran player in her dream was horrible!

No bunkers, poor micro, etc.

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
9. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 10:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh god dammit. Well, not really surprising I guess, but depressing. I really enjoyed the first two Dead Space games, port issues aside. I had been looking forward to Dead Space 3 until this microtransaction nonsense.

Way to ruin a franchise, Visceral/EA.

News Comments > ME3 N7 Armor in Dead Space 3
1. Re: ME3 N7 Armor in Dead Space 3 Jan 22, 2013, 07:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am tempted to use the classic: "and not a single fuck was given" but I am sure there is a small demographic squealing with glee over this kind of thing.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 21, 2013, 22:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not that I am against the Stealth Bastard guys making some money, but isn't that game still a free download? Legally, I mean:

Version 1.10 here

I assume the Steam version is a more up to date version.

*EDIT* Ah the Steam version is Stealth Bastard Deluxe.

News Comments > Warface Closed Beta Underway
12. Re: Warface Closed Beta Underway Jan 17, 2013, 16:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

11 Posts, and not a single, "Show me your WARFACE! RAAAAAAGH!" quote?

For shame.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
29. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 16, 2013, 22:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

People are getting upset about the wrong thing here.

Dead Island's promo trailer was flat out amazing. Unfortunately the game was nothing like the trailer.

Never forget this horrible crime!

For the record I bought Dead Island on sale for like 5 bucks, still haven't finished it. I plan on getting around to it eventually.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
25. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Thus the countdown begins, to a 9.99 Steam sale.

1238 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo