Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1150 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale Day Four
40. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 22:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 22:34:
The idea of a digital game being out of stock still strikes me as hilarious.

"Sorry - we are currently out of 1's and 0's. We hope to be receiving another shipment on Tuesday. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

I am not totally familiar with this store, first time I've even looked at it is today. They do appear to be a physical item store though, for PC games. I added various things to the cart, just to see, and yes, there are shipping method choices.

So I guess it's not too out of whack for them to be out of stock, I thought they were a Digital store initially also.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 22:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jerykk wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 22:02:
Also, MS has some nice deals right now: MS Store

Best deals are Skyrim and Max Payne 3 for $10. Lowest prices I've seen anywhere.

What the hell? What is the catch here? Is this X-Box or something? It says pc games but I'm wondering why these crafty devils have Skyrim for 10 dollars?!? (My targeted price!!)

Does it require download through GFWL or something?

*EDIT* Ah, the catch is that Skyrim, Max Payne 3, etc. Are all OUT OF STOCK. You win again, Microsoft.

29. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 21:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fallen Enchantress is also 50% off, $19.99. I bought it, and it's actually pretty good.

I am playing my first/test game on easy, and amazingly my main Hero got one-shot by an ogre, like 2 feet from my first town. It definitely has a little bit of a learning curve, and the tutorial videos seem somewhat out of date with the actual game sometimes, but learning it as I go is enjoyable too.

That same Hero got revived, got an army, went back and killed the ogre of course. Then he got a Worg mount as a random drop a little bit later. It's all good now.

Unexplained gameplay: Is there a city limit, or a city limit within a certain radius of one another? High resource spots sometimes disappear after I plunk down another town/outpost nearby, aka preventing me from dropping another settlement there. I can't find any city counter or radius around a town that would explain this behavior. It is forcing me to move out and explore more before dropping another settlement.

ps. also bought Home for $1.01... how can you avoid it at that price? Also, buy Limbo if you guys haven't already... bought it a few days ago, played through it with only minor keyboard smashing; that game is beautiful once you get passed the incorrect jump rage.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads
42. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 24, 2012, 11:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 14:56:
When it's 75% off on Steam, please let me know. In the meantime I picked this up earlier this year for $20.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JQ064A

What's somewhat depressing is the fact that I bought all of those games, new, when they first came out. That page represents a couple hundred dollars of my money spent, basically.

Of course those are also some of my favorite games, all time, but still...

As for on topic, not sure I'm going to buy yet another version of a game I've played to death, but this is a nice option for a lot of people who missed the series the first time around.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Multiplayer Trailer
12. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Multiplayer Trailer Nov 22, 2012, 01:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's probably splitting hairs, but I got mightily annoyed seeing that neon-blob Alien pull itself apart to spray acid on the marines, when it clearly had them surprised from behind.

Non-Canon! Non-Canon! Not in the movie/books/comics/previous games!

That said, not sure why you guys are quite so excited about the mod, it looked ok, but the development team apparently consists of ONE guy. He also admits to lifting textures from other games, and is making an Aliens game. He will be sued well before he finishes it in 2027.

Still, who knows, that mod demo video is getting a decent number of views, he may be able to pick up some more team members and actually make something decent.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
23. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 21:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 20:01:
Yep, BAC and the DLC is worth it. You may want to hold off for a few weeks for the Xmas sale as it'll probably all be on for less.

Well, according to the laws of the Universe, if I buy it now, it'll be on sale for like 5 bucks in December. If I don't buy it, it'll be on sale for 10% off or something.

I'll hold off, have entirely too much stuff to play as it is.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge 2 in Development
25. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 19:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Awesome, I look forward to buying this for about $2.49 like I did the original, in several years.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
19. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 19:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Batman: Arkham City is down to 10 bucks, I am debating buying it. However I noticed there is actually a fair amount of DLC, anybody have B:AC and actually buy+playthrough the DLC, is it worth it?

So far I've bought:

Choplifter HD(not as good as I hoped)

Limbo (amazing, darkly humorous)

Age of Empires 3 CE(massive bases, abuse of Skirmish AIs, check)

KOTOR 2. (Supposedly Steam version + the Restored Content 1.81 mod works in Windows 7.)

News Comments > Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage Trailer
4. Re: Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage Trailer Nov 17, 2012, 04:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

------> .

News Comments > Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up
14. Re: Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up Nov 15, 2012, 14:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

descender wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 14:27:
only this time I do have full control of all my character data.

As in.... so you can cheat and edit it? Otherwise... who cares?

4 of 5 classes cleared through inferno without AH use? So you spent... like 200-300 hours per class? Sounds like you enjoyed this game quite a bit.

I enjoyed D3 a lot, or I wouldn't have played through it that many times. I definitely got my money's worth. Nowhere near 200-300 hours a class, probably approaching 100 hours on average though, leaning heavier towards my first two characters. It was rough going in 1.0 for my WD in Inferno, but 1.05 is doable with any class, almost any spec.

As far as control of the character data, the obvious reason would be to play offline. Modding is nice too, of course. I am a little surprised at the TL2 Runic forums, there seems to be a larger contingent of "Any Mod is a hack" zealots compared to TL1. To be fair, yes, any person online in TL2 could be using hacked/modded items. Is that worse than people buying items off the RMAH with real money? I don't think so.

I only play with people I've known for years anyway in these types of games, and we stick to increased storage space/UI mods/alternate class skill mods usually.

News Comments > Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up
8. Re: Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up Nov 15, 2012, 12:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

I peruse the Blizzard D3 forums every now and then (they are a hive of scum and villainy, of course) and there have been more than a few threads of supposed Linux users claiming to have been banned. Is it true? It wouldn't really surprise me, Blizzard has been doing banning in waves, obviously automated, and who knows what the criteria is.

All that said, these ban waves seemed to have missed the millions of botters out there.

D3 is better now than it was at release, by far, but no one is going to honestly be able to claim you have total control of your character data. Even a legitimate Windows based player could be banned/hacked/rolled back or whatever at any time, and lose hundreds of hours of playtime.

I'm pretty much done with the game, in my opinion, I have 4 of 5 classes cleared through Inferno, zero RMAH use, no GAH use aside from stupidly buying some tomes for crafting(which is still a joke), working on my Wizard occasionally with the few people I know who still play.

I am starting to really get into Torchlight 2, and it's amazing how good TL2 is in so many ways. Obviously the TL2 guys lack the D3 budget for art, but it's very playable, and really nice with a few mods installed, even before GUTs gets released.

Cannon/Summons Engineer + Berserker Dual Wield Frost Build + Undecided Embermage and Outlander, let the next RNG game begin, only this time I do have full control of all my character data.

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million
22. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million Nov 12, 2012, 15:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

DeadlyAccurate wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 11:07:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 10:18:
Ye poor souls; that's at least 8 million sets of eyes subjected to the horror that is Minecraft's 'artwork.'

Still, very impressive, even if I found Terraria to be more entertaining than Minecraft.

Sphax BDCraft texture pack. I don't play with default textures.

I put about 60 hours into Terraria, which is pretty impressive for a game I paid less than $3 for. I've put hundreds into Minecraft. I agree that Terraria is more game-like. I only built what I needed to build. I didn't feel much urge to make things simply for the sake of making them. Modded Minecraft can be more game-like. (There's even a Terraria mod for it).

Hrm, that texture pack looks... dangerous. I could easily stand to look at that and start playing Minecraft for real. Now the question is, should I risk possibly adding that level of addiction to my existence?

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million
1. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million Nov 12, 2012, 10:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ye poor souls; that's at least 8 million sets of eyes subjected to the horror that is Minecraft's 'artwork.'

Still, very impressive, even if I found Terraria to be more entertaining than Minecraft.

News Comments > Valve Confirms New Engine?
3. Re: Valve Confirms New Engine? Nov 12, 2012, 10:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 10:10:
Gabe Newell: Also, we might absorb some indie studio and get them make a game with it!

Fixed that for you.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year
9. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 17:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Zarkonis wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 16:15:
Don't care. Where's BG3?

Project Eternity will be as close as we're likely to receive, now that Bioware is a smoking ruin(metaphorically speaking).

As far as BG2 Enhanced... I've already put months of my life into that game, vanilla and then with the gigabytes of available well made mods... they're going to have to enhance the shit out of it at this point.

News Comments > Additional Borderlands 2 Classes Confirmed
5. Re: Additional Borderlands 2 Classes Confirmed Nov 11, 2012, 17:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, new classes wouldn't necessarily be BAD, but I'd appreciate Gearbox looking at drop rates on rares, and revise their decision to only have certain bosses drop weapons that are worth a damn, more than anything else.

Also, fire whoever came up with "Uses X bullets per shot" as a game mechanic... ugh.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2012, 15:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

DG wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 15:12:
WWZ trailer looked interesting thought the FMV was distractingly bad.

Also bizarre seeing NY-style yellow cabs in Glasgow...

For awhile there, I was worried that they WOULDN'T be able to utterly ruin/disregard the original novel. Phew! WWZ may end up being an ok movie, but it apparently has nothing in common with the source material aside from the title. Figures.

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year
8. Re: Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year Nov 7, 2012, 23:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 23:22:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 23:07:
I won't buy an expansion for D3.

I think this will be the first blizzard purchase I skip. I just have 0 interest in going back to D3.

This is a common opinion these days, but ironically D3 is the best it's been, in terms of playability/drop rates. It'll be interesting to see the state of D3 by the time the expansion comes out in 2015.

Of course by then we should have Grim Dawn, a well developed PoE, Project Eternity, etc. etc.

News Comments > F2P Command & Conquer Beta Early Next Year
29. Re: F2P Command & Conquer Beta Early Next Year Nov 5, 2012, 11:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 09:26:
D3 is much worse then diablo 2, it's loot sucked and that was a major part of the hook for Diablo 2.

it's = it is

its = possessive.

I know it's the internet and all, but you don't need to keep making ad hominem attacks on people who disagree with your opinion.

All of that being said, Diablo 3 has a ton of flaws, but so did Diablo 2 for the first year of its release.

More on topic, it's a shame that gorgeous Frostbyte 2 engine is going to be used to make what will most likely end up being a nickel and dime microtransaction mess to end the C&C legacy.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
9. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Nov 1, 2012, 17:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's a lot more playable in patch 1.05a than previous patches, for those of you who are curious. Playable in the most important way, to me at least, that you can complete inferno (on MP0 or MP1) fairly easily with no AH use, with only dropped/crafted gear.

Monk still seems like the most gear dependent class; I steamroll pretty easily with the other classes. But relying only on dropped/crafted means my monk can't use One With Everything for easier high resistance, so he suffers.

Higher MP levels, I'll probably need to farm quite a bit more to get the DPS up, and that doesn't seem likely anytime soon with BL2 et al.

1150 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo