Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1245 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 21, 2013, 15:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 14:47:
So. Steam's Top 10 list. We meet again. You seem to have forgotten Skyrim, this time. Slowly, my plan comes to fruition!

Yep, only 20 more months until xmas 2014 sale...you showed them!

If it indeed takes that long, so be it. But I suspect a GMG or other 3rd party site sale long before that. Plenty of time to play through various games I 'need' to finish, shoot down more choppers with my tank and RPG in BF3, and install/play some stuff from the last round of 5-10 dollar sales.

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and ruining people's K/D ratios in BF3 seem to be taking up my gaming time these days though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 21, 2013, 14:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

So. Steam's Top 10 list. We meet again. You seem to have forgotten Skyrim, this time. Slowly, my plan comes to fruition!

*Malevolent laugh, brief view of a gloved hand petting a white cat in the shadows.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - God Mode
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - God Mode Apr 20, 2013, 10:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

From the two videos on Steam, this appears to be a Third Person Shooter, not First Person. Still, looks pretty interesting, in a Serious Sam or old Doom kind of way.

News Comments > Homeworld IP Sold; Kickstarter Refunding Pledges
3. Re: Homeworld IP Sold; Kickstarter Refunding Pledges Apr 19, 2013, 09:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I'm a little glad teamPixel was unable to buy the Homeworld IP. They were misusing Kickstarter in my opinion, as funding to buy an existing IP. Hopefully the refund process goes smoothly for the people they convinced.

I will assume the worst, that some company bought the Homeworld IP just to sit on it for five years then make a FPS that is somewhat Homeworld related.

News Comments > Deadly Walkers Kickstarter
1. Re: Deadly Walkers Kickstarter Apr 15, 2013, 10:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks like an extremely low budget version of Killing Floor, with worse shooting mechanics. Not interested as it currently stands, I must say.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2013, 17:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

rist3903 wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 17:10:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 15:39:
Skyrim sounds great, from reviews online, face to face anecdotes about the game friends and coworkers tell me, etc. None of that matters, however. It is the principle now. Discounted GotY version and/or $9.99 or under version.

The few who are left will prevail!
I commend you for sticking to your guns and not playing a very good game until it is completely dated.

Bravo, sir!

Your sarcasm is appreciated, but there are contributing factors. Namely the sense that I will end up playing Skyrim for hundreds of hours, and I already have a hefty backlog of games to play as it is. Not that there is a real schedule or anything, but some games have been sitting unopened or uninstalled or just unfinished on my real or virtual desk(top) for years at this point. Is Skyrim worthy of jumping the queue? Probably. I'll debate it next time it's on sale, and after I clear out some harddrive space for the game + mods.

Skyrim being single player also makes it a little bit less urgent for me to play through. Multiplayer games tend to force themselves to the top of my personal queue a bit faster.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2013, 15:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Skyrim sounds great, from reviews online, face to face anecdotes about the game friends and coworkers tell me, etc. None of that matters, however. It is the principle now. Discounted GotY version and/or $9.99 or under version.

The few who are left will prevail!

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2013, 14:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mind boggling. Who doesn't have Skyrim by now, that ISN'T waiting for the 9.99 version, or the GotY version?

Stop giving in, people. Tough it out, wait for the major price drop.

News Comments > Torment Kickstarter Concludes
15. Re: Torment Kickstarter Concludes Apr 6, 2013, 00:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 00:17:
The word you want is "expectations", not "hype".

meh.

Not sure how else I can say it, but someone else telling me their expectations of the game counts as hype.

For the record my expectations are pretty high for a number of Kickstarters, so don't listen to my hype if I talk about them in another thread.

13. Re: Torment Kickstarter Concludes Apr 6, 2013, 00:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

NewMaxx wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 23:15:
I guess what I'm saying is that you used the word "hype" wrong, because it means publicity, especially through deception, which is kind of the antithesis of Kickstarter (which exists to harness existing desires through openness). Yes, I realize that some people might try to defraud the system through hype, but again inXile has been more than forthcoming and believable. What you probably meant is that these games can't match the quality of the originals...and you may be right there, but that's not a factor of hype.

Obviously there isn't as much traditional promotion on this game or Project Exile when compared to AAA titles. I wonder where you are getting your definition of hype to equate it with deception. Hype CAN exist without being inherently false, hence something "living up to the hype." This is starting to be an argument about the definition of slang terminology, but still.

However the nostalgia related uproar, for the limited fanbase these types of game have, is quite high in my opinion. RPG fans I know keep bringing up this and Project Exile as basically the second coming of Christ. Fan generated promotion/hype is more what I was referring to, as these days most reasonably informed gamers ignore the professionally done promotion in favor of word of mouth or actual reviews.

Since you brought it up, hopefully Torment, Project Eternity and the few other good looking Kickstarters (Planetary Annihilation, Grim Dawn, etc.) exceed the original games; hell I'd expect them to at least avoid the flaws the originals had.

7. Re: Torment Kickstarter Concludes Apr 5, 2013, 22:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

I look forward to playing this and Project Eternity, but let's face it... there is NO way this game or PE can ever live up to the hype.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Defiance
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Defiance Apr 2, 2013, 23:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 23:09:
A new sci-fi show by Rockne O'Bannon! (Farscape was awesome!)

Oh SHIT. I did not know the Farscape people were involved in this! Awesome, will check the show out for sure now.

Ah, Aeryn Sun, how we miss thee.

News Comments > Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans
4. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 2, 2013, 23:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's stuff like this that blows my mind about Diablo 3. Gee, maybe they should have had XP/mf/gf bonus for coop at launch, like everyone in beta requested? Like everyone has been requesting since release day?

Well better late than never, I guess, for the bot armies still playing D3. I do plan on checking back post 1.09 after the proposed re-itemization, or whenever that actually occurs, but that's probably months or a year away at this rate.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 31, 2013, 17:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

... can it be? Is this a Steam top 10 list, WITHOUT Skyrim !?

Impossible! However, if this is accurate, then mwahahaha, soon Skyrim will drop in price! *more fiendish laughter, adjustment of monocle*

News Comments > Hotline Miami Sequel Set in the '90s
9. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Set in the '90s Mar 31, 2013, 10:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Mar 30, 2013, 20:02:
One tense, marathon, sitting, but one sitting.

Damn! You have a lot more patience than I do! Love the soundtrack, but the gameplay got the better of me. I'll still grab the second, however.

I don't think it was patience so much as rage at getting killed like 900 times when I was SOO close to finishing a given level. I refused to be beaten by a retro 80s game. My eyeballs suffered. Ah, fueled by rage, just like Battletoads(NES).

News Comments > Hotline Miami Sequel Set in the '90s
5. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Set in the '90s Mar 30, 2013, 19:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

I had put off buying Hotline Miami for so long but when I finally gave in and bought it on sale, I played through the entire game in one sitting.

One tense, marathon, sitting, but one sitting.

Definitely buying the sequel, preferably via gog.com or some other non-Steam service, for that matter.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC
11. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 10:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pretty impressive engine, but wtf, the Battlefield target audience is NOT overly interested in the single player portion of the game. Show major improvements in MULTIPLAYER to convince me to buy this game instead of just playing more BF3.

I base that off of zero statistical evidence of course, it's the internet.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 25, 2013, 22:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

FFS, I keep saying it in most of the Steam top 10 threads, but seriously, *all of humanity*, stop buying Skyrim so the price continues dropping.

News Comments > Marvel Heroes in June
10. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 22:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am definitely going to try this, but from earlier previews I recall you will not have access to all the heroes without paying and/or grinding, or something. Still, action RPG with the marvel universe, it's required for me to at least TEST it.

News Comments > Magicka: Wizard Wars Announced
3. Re: Magicka: Wizard Announced Mar 25, 2013, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, Magicka. How awesome a game you sort of are. Great art and sound, nice combos, but a tendency to destroy coop groups utterly. Of the six people I started out with playing this when it was new, they've all uninstalled. Mostly due to the combo system, but some due to the horrendous bugs early on.(Falling through the world, etc.)

I liked this live action GoT spoof trailer, but pvp in this game will probably be more of a hassle than any real lasting, fun experience.

1245 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo