Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1545 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Planetsł Kickstarter
3. Re: Planetsł Kickstarter Mar 6, 2014, 20:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

This Kickstarter looks unlikely to succeed. One of many it seems.

I was surprised to see the actual Kickstarter stats though:

35.16% success rate for Games, which admittedly, some are not video games.

One in three isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 4, 2014, 21:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, what a surprise, yet another bitcoin theft/scam. Has the value of these imploded yet?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2014, 12:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy fucking SHIT.

It makes sense given George Takei's age, now that I think about it, but that is an amazing and extremely depressing story about the internment camps. I have even more respect for the man now.

Also, how the fuck are interviewers these days so poorly prepared? Takei had to correct them numerous times about basic details they could have googled in about 1 second before the interview. Commendable patience from Takei there as well.

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced
8. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced Feb 27, 2014, 21:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, why do companies even bother making these sort of trailers? Amount of gameplay actually shown, less than 1%. Useless. Especially considering how deep the ARPG category is at the moment, at least in sheer number of titles if not quality.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall Feb 27, 2014, 21:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

JohnBirshire wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 17:44:
Did they ever add the option to move the chat/dialogue window? For a text heavy game, it drove me insane to have to stare into the top right corner of my huge monitor while I read everything, made my neck and eyes ache. Huge design oversight *among many* by the developers.

A bit off topic, but how huge is your monitor, and where do you sit in relation to it, hehe. I am picturing you about 1-2 feet away from some massive 75" screen, whipping your head back and forth playing various games.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall Feb 27, 2014, 12:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 11:45:

Already patched into the main game.

Ah, sweet. I can get around to finishing Returns now without raging out if I have to get up in the middle of a quest.

*EDIT* Typo

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II
6. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II Feb 27, 2014, 11:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am glad to hear Grim Dawn is coming along nicely.. now the only question is should I keep playing my pre-release guy, or just shelve this game until it's fully done? Game Mechanics etc. are still in flux.

And ugh, forgot about the PoE new content. Might have to fire that up again also.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 09:05:
Nice. I've been waiting for this before getting back into the game. The quick-save and save while quitting eliminates so many headaches.

While this is good, is this feature ONLY if you get the expansion? Does this affect the base game? I suppose I need to read up on all of this. I bought Shadowrun Returns on sale awhile back and have only played it a little.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
14. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 11:00:
BF4 is fun when Dice isn't fucking it up. It is definitely one of the best BF games, some of the level design is less than ideal for aircraft but I could care less about crying skylords.

Lol, skylords. I like that. BF series has been a playground for good jet/helo pilots for awhile now, BF4 is somewhat of a break from that.

Although they are going to be nerfing the MAA very soon, hopefully it doesn't lead to complete aircraft domination again. Although it is pretty easy for me to kill and harass the hell out of aircraft right now in the MAA...

As far as Titanfall, meh. Mech people will most likely play Hawken instead, one would think.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Feb 26, 2014, 22:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 21:31:
Amazon is having a massive sale on Bluray discs.

Includes classics like Aliens, Blade Runner, Inception, Gladiator, Braveheart, Goodfellas, The Town, LotR series, Harry Potter series, and The Last Airbender.

Be warned, some of these blu-rays are poor conversions, Saving Private Ryan, for example. It would explain the sale.

News Comments > Gods Will Be Watching Announced
5. Re: Gods Will Be Watching Announced Feb 26, 2014, 22:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Awww, Space Quest nostalgia. Mixed with some sort of knee violence fetish?

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
13. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 25, 2014, 22:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol, $60. I don't play WoW, but holy shit I have to admire the brass balls on whoever makes these decisions for Blizzard.

"Look, I understand playing our game is boring or even intolerable, so how about you pay full price for a brand new game, and you can skip to max level? Also, buy some mounts for $25 dollars each, you damned addicts!"

This kind of shit makes me wonder if it's time to just abandon gaming entirely. The industry is doomed to descend into bald faced greed.

*EDIT* Typo.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2014, 23:05.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses
2. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses Feb 25, 2014, 09:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 08:55:
Perhaps it's head trauma, but I'm actually sort of looking forward to checking it out again, post expansion...

Well, based on the status of the beta/PTR, you should prepare to be underwhelmed by Loot 2.0 but still have some decent ARPG style combat.

I wish Path of Exile, Grim Dawn or TL2 had actual combat that compared to D3, but they don't. Superior in other ways, sure, but the actual combat that is the majority of the gameplay? Unfortunately D3 is still the top dog among current ARPGs, in my opinion.

I am debating bothering with D3:RoS, having a ton of fun in Battlefield 4 and Guild Wars 2 currently.

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
4. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 10:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is a shame. The two people who still cared about Duke Nukem games are going to have to wait a lot longer for DN:MD now.

News Comments > Risen 3 Images Leaked?
16. Re: Risen 3 Images Leaked? Feb 22, 2014, 20:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jerykk wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 17:45:
Looks like they're ditching the pirate theme, which is disappointing. I thought they handled the theme really well in Risen 2. Risen 3 looks remarkably similar to Gothic in terms of style and setting. Not necessarily a bad thing but nowhere near as interesting as pirates. Risen 2 had some of the most interesting characters of any PB game as well.

Yaarrr, matey! They not be willin' to draw unfavorable comparisons to AC:Black Flag, Yarr!

News Comments > Garry's Mod & Rust Have Each Earned > $30M
4. Re: Garry's Mod & Rust Have Each Earned > $30M Feb 22, 2014, 15:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, how the fuck has Rust already made 30 million in alpha stage? Mind boggling. I can almost understand Garry's mod earning those kind of numbers, but even that is impressive.

I assume that those are the gross numbers, not the developers' actual take home pay? Still, nice income.

Anyway, all of these multiplayer survival games are just devolving into PK fests. That probably shows something about human psychology, but mostly it's just making me glad I've almost entirely avoided this recent game trend.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
2. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 21, 2014, 19:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

These new goals are entirely reasonable, and will in no way delay the release of this game.

I will definitely be interested when(if) this game is released, but holy shit, take it easy people. Stop buying thousands of dollars worth of virtual goods for a game that isn't even out yet.

News Comments > Infested Planet Next Month; New Trailer
1. Re: Infested Planet Next Month; New Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 03:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is a good game; it has been more than playable for months, in spite of the Early Access tag. Semi-tower defense, semi-rts-lite, pretty fun and mostly balanced, although some of the mutations seem way overpowered compared to others, leading to you getting potentially screwed early on in some maps.

It was definitely worth the sale price of like 8 bucks or whatever it was months ago, still worth it at 15 dollars, in my opinion.

News Comments > Dying Light Trailer Teased a New Trailer
8. Re: Dying Light Trailer Teased a New Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 13:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nothing these guys do for Dying Light is going to beat that original Dead Island teaser trailer (not made by Techland, of course). I played through all of Dead Island, it was occasionally good, mostly repetitive jump kicking and stomping of zombies.

Still in on the 9.99 or under sale for Dying Light though!

News Comments > Path of Exile Mini-Expansion Next Month
3. Re: Path of Exile Mini-Expansion Next Month Feb 11, 2014, 11:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have played this game on and off since closed beta... it really relies too much on RNG for me to enjoy the loot, crafting or the current end game of Maps. Which is a shame, since the graphics are very nice, gameplay can be pretty good, and the content is noticeably improving per act.

I'll check back on PoE when they finally release Act 4, which most likely WON'T be in this patch.

1545 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo